Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dozzell 09:44 - Oct 11 with 4285 viewsclive_baker

The speed at which he uses the ball, his 1 and 2 touch passing, his vision and ability to execute such balls is a delight. He really sets the tone in that deep lying role and makes us so much harder to play against than we were last season. He won’t score many, but the amount of moves he starts us on is the difference between him or a Huws / Skuse in there, who perhaps offer more physicality, but offensively and creatively aren’t even close.

That ball he punched into Hawkins from deep in our half up to the half way line, that ended in Chambers goal is an absolute case in point. Picking the ball up off Holy and finding Chambers in space for his ping for Edwards 4th. Wonder how long it’ll be before sides recognise if they stop him playing, they stop us paying. Easier said than done though.

Sign him up.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Dozzell on 09:52 - Oct 11 with 4235 viewsKeaneish

Yeah he’s started the season well. He still drifts in and out of the game a bit but hopefully he’ll mature well. I’d like to see him add a bit more of the Downes tenacity to his game before the season is out.

Given my views on him last season, I’d like to see him Downes and Bishop being the regular starters come January. That’s a mouth watering trio and combination of attributes at this level.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Dozzell on 09:57 - Oct 11 with 4221 viewsPinewoodblue

Liked the way, for the first goal, he was directing our Defence, and then made himself available for the killer pass that followed.

The pass to Chambers, that lead to the fourth goal, was exceptional.

There is however a nagging doubt that he wouldn’t have got his chance, at the start of the season, if Skuse had been available,

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Dozzell on 10:22 - Oct 11 with 4130 viewsKeaneish

Dozzell on 09:57 - Oct 11 by Pinewoodblue

Liked the way, for the first goal, he was directing our Defence, and then made himself available for the killer pass that followed.

There is however a nagging doubt that he wouldn’t have got his chance, at the start of the season, if Skuse had been available,

The other big nagging doubt I have, which also goes for Nsiala is whether they can do this in front of 20,000+ every week. It’s such a big difference but hopefully they’ll be success stories from this altered season.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Dozzell on 10:24 - Oct 11 with 4111 viewspointofblue

Dozzell on 10:22 - Oct 11 by Keaneish

The other big nagging doubt I have, which also goes for Nsiala is whether they can do this in front of 20,000+ every week. It’s such a big difference but hopefully they’ll be success stories from this altered season.

Sadly, I doubt Dozzell will be here next season for us to worry about it.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Dozzell on 12:29 - Oct 11 with 3972 viewsSomethingBlue

Dozzell on 09:57 - Oct 11 by Pinewoodblue

Think he would; Skuse was already being phased out last season. And it's not really anything to worry about now given he's out for most of this one.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Dozzell on 14:17 - Oct 11 with 3821 viewssoupytwist

He is the league one Luka Modric. And after this season he'll be somewhere else.

I so hope we can get fans back before the end of the season as none of us have been able to see him play to his best in the flesh.

N.B. I know little about tactics etc. so comparison with Modric might not be accurate but he is my favourite midfielder of recent times.
[Post edited 11 Oct 2020 14:18]
Dozzell on 14:25 - Oct 11 with 3794 viewssuffolkpoker

Dozzell on 10:24 - Oct 11 by pointofblue

If we go up 100% he stays. We can afford him the wages he deserves and commands.
If we don’t there will be a lot of takers

Poll: Should Hewitt play for the Gulls in the 2nd round of the FA Cup

Dozzell on 14:28 - Oct 11 with 3782 viewsRyorry

Even if we were to get promoted? I wonder if he might be more inclined to stay than most, given his particular connections to ITFC - esp if he thought that back-to-back promotions were a possibility ...

#NotTemptingFate #JustDreaming

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Login to get fewer ads

Dozzell on 14:32 - Oct 11 with 3760 viewssuffolkpoker

Dozzell on 14:28 - Oct 11 by Ryorry

Even if we were to get promoted? I wonder if he might be more inclined to stay than most, given his particular connections to ITFC - esp if he thought that back-to-back promotions were a possibility ...

#NotTemptingFate #JustDreaming

If he goes up, u honestly think he stays. We can give him a decent contract and game time and we will be bouncing to the premier league

Dozzell on 15:58 - Oct 11 with 3655 viewsPique

Dozzell on 14:32 - Oct 11 by suffolkpoker

If he goes up, u honestly think he stays. We can give him a decent contract and game time and we will be bouncing to the premier league

I agree - if (and it’s a big if) we can offer him Championship football, a good contract and a system tailor made for him and his strengths (and all for his home town club) then I reckon he’ll stay.

If not, he’s off - and who could blame him?

This really is a season like no other. We simply have to go up.
(No subject) (n/t) on 10:55 - Oct 26 with 3337 viewssuffolkpoker

Dozzell on 11:38 - Oct 26 with 3244 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

He's brilliant on the ball, really is a joy to watch him use the ball so much better than anyone else in the team.

Really has a high level of technical ability.

Don't think he will ever be a natural singular holding midfielder on his own though. Dread the time he will come up against a Sammie Szmodics etc.

Still think he would best in a double pivot (4-2-3-1) with a midfield enforcer next to him, and a really fluid three in front on him.
[Post edited 26 Oct 2020 11:39]

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Dozzell on 17:26 - Oct 26 with 3075 viewsstrikalite

Quite simply, he needs to be playing with better players, all this "the game passes him by", if you put him in a Sunday league side the game would pass him by..
(No subject) (n/t) on 15:20 - Nov 6 with 2636 viewssuffolkpoker

Dozzell on 15:34 - Nov 6 with 2604 viewsPJH

One drawback for him playing that position though is his obvious inability to tackle properly, whether the red card was justified or not. That would not be too much of a problem if someone else in midfield could tackle but none of those playing there in recent games can do so.
Dozzell on 16:14 - Nov 6 with 2547 viewsBramidan

Dozzell on 15:34 - Nov 6 by PJH

One drawback for him playing that position though is his obvious inability to tackle properly, whether the red card was justified or not. That would not be too much of a problem if someone else in midfield could tackle but none of those playing there in recent games can do so.

If you want to harness his skills and his ability to unlock defences don't expect him to tackle.
Get players who can tackle in midfield, enforcers if you like, and having won the ball give it to Dozzell to use it.
Harness and encourage his abilities don't try and change him into a robot.
Dozzell on 16:27 - Nov 6 with 2533 viewsDyland

Dozzell on 16:14 - Nov 6 by Bramidan

If you want to harness his skills and his ability to unlock defences don't expect him to tackle.
Get players who can tackle in midfield, enforcers if you like, and having won the ball give it to Dozzell to use it.

That is Downes' job indeed. And why we miss Skuse, for all Nolan's good efforts at the beginning of the season. Huws is way off form.

Dozzers is our Pirlo :)

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Dozzell on 16:36 - Nov 6 with 2525 viewsPJH

Dozzell on 16:14 - Nov 6 by Bramidan

I was pointing out that Dozzell cannot tackle which in itself is not a problem but it would be useful if SOMEBODY that played in midfield could tackle.

I am not trying to change him, just pointing out that we currently have a non-tackling midfield.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024