Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Future Dozzell's best position. 20:48 - Oct 11 with 846 viewsMercian

I always though he would end up being an attacking goal scoring midfielder like his old man. I am quite suprised how well he has taken to deep play-maker role. Andre does not take after Jason physically though, he was a big strong player where Andre is not the strongest and I feel he could struggle in that position at higher levels. What position do you see him playing in his mid 20s?
Future Dozzell's best position. on 20:55 - Oct 11 with 812 viewsStokieBlue

The same one he is now?

It's his position that he's always played, I don't understand why you are trying to move him somewhere else?

Are most deep playmakers physically large? Ball-winning midfielders yes but playmakers?

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Future Dozzell's best position. on 20:57 - Oct 11 with 798 viewsMullet

Future Dozzell's best position. on 20:55 - Oct 11 by StokieBlue

The same one he is now?

It's his position that he's always played, I don't understand why you are trying to move him somewhere else?

Are most deep playmakers physically large? Ball-winning midfielders yes but playmakers?

SB

As I said two years ago, he is the Orwell Pirlo innit.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Future Dozzell's best position. on 12:01 - Oct 12 with 538 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Future Dozzell's best position. on 20:57 - Oct 11 by Mullet

As I said two years ago, he is the Orwell Pirlo innit.

The Anglian Alonso?

Edited to clarify Xabi Alonso
[Post edited 12 Oct 2020 12:04]
Future Dozzell's best position. on 12:24 - Oct 12 with 500 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Future Dozzell's best position. on 20:55 - Oct 11 by StokieBlue

The same one he is now?

SB

I totally agree. Going back to the 80s players like Glenn Hoddle and Gordon Cowans, and our own Arnie M, epitomised the "wand of a foot, could put it on a sixpence" type of central midfielder.

Both Real Madrid and Barcelona have found room for similar players during their recent years of dominance in Xabi Alonso and Xavi. Both of them played their part in a pressing game, too, they weren't passengers and neither is Dozzell.

He's not Makelele or Essien or Gattuso. Downes can play that role, if need be, but the way we set up on Saturday didn't require "an enforcer". We sat relatively deep, and maintained work rate and, above all, discipline. Dozzell can do that, he has positional awareness and football intelligence.

And then we broke quickly. If we have Dozzell sitting deep we have someone with the vision to spot a long pass and the technique to execute it in order to put the ball into spaces behind the opposition defence quickly, to catch them out.

Which beats long, high punts from our defence which give the opposition time to regroup and organise.

Keep him where he is. He's the one player who we don't have a direct replacement for, but then how many League One teams do have a player that good on the bench?
Future Dozzell's best position. on 12:31 - Oct 12 with 494 viewsIpswichKnight

It aint broke lets not fix it, we have other players who are better with the ball at there feet than Andre to play that 10 position. He is a very very good deep lying midfielder who can pick a pass. There was one pass on Saturday he played probably 60 yards straight as the Blackpool midfield parted to take up 2 on 1's on our wide players as that happened he hit straight to Bishop taking out about 6 Blackpool players.
Future Dozzell's best position. on 14:09 - Oct 12 with 412 viewsThatMuhrenCross

He's a deep lying play maker and is fantastic at it. No further discussion needed.

Poll: Ipswich offer you 10k a week, Norwich offer you 20k. Who do you join?
Blog: The Cashless Debate

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024