Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The government are incompetent sociopaths, part 85865865098896 14:04 - Oct 12 with 1322 viewsBlueBadger

Have we done this yet?

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/fatima-ballet-dancer-job-cyber-government-cam

Impressive levels of crassness, even for this lot.
Not to mention the effective writing off of an entire industry estimated to be worth in excess of £60bn to the UK(banking is worth 132, for a reference point). And that's just cold hard numbers.

On a personal level, this year would have been a lot, lot LOT harder without good music, good telly and fun video games.

F*ck this government, f*ck everyone who voted for them and double f*ck anyone who STILL supports them.

Sources:

https://www.statista.com/statistics/237778/value-of-the-entertainment-and-media-

https://commonslibrary.parliament.uk/research-briefings/sn06193/
[Post edited 12 Oct 2020 15:07]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

The government are incompetent sociopaths, part 85865865098896 on 15:02 - Oct 12 with 1262 viewsHarry_Palmer

That really is an appalling ad. I'm not sure what is going to be left of the arts by the time this lot have finished destroying the country. I for one really miss live music, probably as much or even more so than football.
[Post edited 12 Oct 2020 20:41]
The government are incompetent sociopaths, part 85865865098896 on 15:04 - Oct 12 with 1253 viewsCoco

ANOTHER THREE WORD PITHY C*&^&NTY SLOGAN!

FECK OFF CUMMINGS!

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

The government are incompetent sociopaths, part 85865865098896 on 15:12 - Oct 12 with 1241 viewsmonytowbray

The government are incompetent sociopaths, part 85865865098896 on 15:02 - Oct 12 by Harry_Palmer

That really is an appalling ad. I'm not sure what is going to be left of the arts by the time this lot have finished destroying the country. I for one really miss live music, probably as much or even more so than football.
[Post edited 12 Oct 2020 20:41]

UBI is desperately needed for the arts in terms of artists. Amazing we value the economy so much yet all the things in said economy that provide intellect, entertainment, provocation and enjoyment are neglected. It's a form of strangling free speech IMO.

As for venues, they've been going down the pan for at least 20 years. More housing developments being piled around venues and then sold by dishonest people means more complaints about noise which closes them. Then the fact UK art grants in music are utterly disgustingly unfair to grassroots venues and music.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2018/apr/12/arts-council-music-funding-unfair-

Watching the small end of the music industry collapse over the last few years is soul crushing, particularly as someone who's been personally involved in it and part of the wider community where I see so many people scrapping by out of love and passion. People seem to you'll find yersterday's framed gig posters of today's biggest musical acts in many an established small UK venue.

It's a fragile eco system and it's being slowly starved to death.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

The government are incompetent sociopaths, part 85865865098896 on 15:14 - Oct 12 with 1239 viewsSwansea_Blue

I'm not a fan of telling everyone who voted for them to go eff themselves. Some of those people won't have realised what they've voted for, especially if they have no interest in politics or current affairs. Some will have voted for them and regretted it, some will come to regret it. Anyone who slavishly defends them though, absolutely. Double, triple f*ck, whatever. The more the merrier.

In relation to the ad, it seems that the ballerina ad was part of an old ad campaign launched under very different circumstances with a different audience in mind. It was replaced with a whole bunch of different images earlier today, all more relevant to the current times. It still shows they didn't value the arts too much back last year either, so I don't think it gets them off the hook too much.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

The government are incompetent sociopaths, part 85865865098896 on 15:31 - Oct 12 with 1212 viewsFenboyBlue

Can you imagine what life in a pandemic would have been like if the internet & smartphones hadn't been invented yet to pacify the masses ? It would have been like Mad Max Fury Road. But with less white delivery vans.
The government are incompetent sociopaths, part 85865865098896 on 17:36 - Oct 12 with 1143 viewstractordownsouth

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

The government are incompetent sociopaths, part 85865865098896 on 17:52 - Oct 12 with 1133 viewsTractorWood

Shock as Tory government look condescending and out of touch.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

The government are incompetent sociopaths, part 85865865098896 on 17:57 - Oct 12 with 1117 viewswkj

This isn't a "Blame Brexit" reply, but rather "Blame Brexit Process" reply. A good number of us we're abhorred by the fact that the government was voted in primarily by that policy alone, and it is starting to become clear that Boris Johnson was highly effective as a campaigner, but hasn't really managed the fundamentals well enough.

This is an example of the "act now, think later" culture that has existed in our politics for the last few years and if anyone has any sense in the Tory party they'll get Johnson out of there and someone in who can actually construct as cohesive and measured cabinet as they can.

All of a sudden, voting for Theresa May's deal seems like it would have been the best thing for us all.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Login to get fewer ads

The government are incompetent sociopaths, part 85865865098896 on 18:54 - Oct 12 with 1077 viewsDubtractor

In the interest of balance, I think it is fair to point out that the government's funding of venues has come through today, including for 2 local favourites the smokehouse and Colchester arts centre.

Clearly they need to do more to support those people creating art, but keeping venues alive is a huge step in the right direction.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

The government are incompetent sociopaths, part 85865865098896 on 19:43 - Oct 12 with 1045 views26_Paz

Your last paragraph really isn’t big or clever. It’s offensive and immature and it makes you look both.

The Paz Man

The government are incompetent sociopaths, part 85865865098896 on 19:46 - Oct 12 with 1033 viewsSpruceMoose

The government are incompetent sociopaths, part 85865865098896 on 19:43 - Oct 12 by 26_Paz

Your last paragraph really isn’t big or clever. It’s offensive and immature and it makes you look both.

Predictable nonsense from you Paz.

The government could tell us that water isn't wet and morons like you would defend it while getting pissed on by them.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

The government are incompetent sociopaths, part 85865865098896 on 19:48 - Oct 12 with 1030 views26_Paz

The government are incompetent sociopaths, part 85865865098896 on 19:46 - Oct 12 by SpruceMoose

Predictable nonsense from you Paz.

The government could tell us that water isn't wet and morons like you would defend it while getting pissed on by them.

I’m not defending anyone. I’m simply saying that telling multiple people to F off is not sensible discourse. It’s also a flagrant breach of the terms and conditions of this forum.

The Paz Man

The government are incompetent sociopaths, part 85865865098896 on 19:51 - Oct 12 with 1021 viewsSpruceMoose

The government are incompetent sociopaths, part 85865865098896 on 19:48 - Oct 12 by 26_Paz

I’m not defending anyone. I’m simply saying that telling multiple people to F off is not sensible discourse. It’s also a flagrant breach of the terms and conditions of this forum.

Don't worry, we all know that you live in terror that somewhere a Conservative is getting criticised.

Yet again you have no right to lecture others on maturity and civility while you clap like seal and bark like a lap dog whenever Johnson tells a racist joke.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

The government are incompetent sociopaths, part 85865865098896 on 19:52 - Oct 12 with 1018 viewscatch74

(Stolen from Kate Ahrens)

If Dido Harding was made to give back the £12billion for the track & trace that doesn't work, the Government could give every pub in the land £100,000, pay off the overspend of all local authorities and buy the (working) German trace system and still have £4billion left!

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

The government are incompetent sociopaths, part 85865865098896 on 19:54 - Oct 12 with 1005 viewsHerbivore

The government are incompetent sociopaths, part 85865865098896 on 19:48 - Oct 12 by 26_Paz

Cry to Phil again then.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

The government are incompetent sociopaths, part 85865865098896 on 19:56 - Oct 12 with 998 views26_Paz

The government are incompetent sociopaths, part 85865865098896 on 19:54 - Oct 12 by Herbivore

Cry to Phil again then.

It wasn’t directly at me so not quite as offensive as your tirade yesterday. Just don’t swear at people lads. It’s not difficult.
[Post edited 12 Oct 2020 19:57]

The Paz Man

The government are incompetent sociopaths, part 85865865098896 on 19:57 - Oct 12 with 991 viewsSpruceMoose

The government are incompetent sociopaths, part 85865865098896 on 19:54 - Oct 12 by Herbivore

Cry to Phil again then.

Well he can't do that without risking Phil taking a quick through his posting history.

Classic Paz. Mock and laugh at others but as soon as the tables are turned he goes full Helen Lovejoy and catches a case of the vapours.

The government are incompetent sociopaths, part 85865865098896 on 19:58 - Oct 12 with 989 views26_Paz

The government are incompetent sociopaths, part 85865865098896 on 19:57 - Oct 12 by SpruceMoose

Well he can't do that without risking Phil taking a quick through his posting history.

Classic Paz. Mock and laugh at others but as soon as the tables are turned he goes full Helen Lovejoy and catches a case of the vapours.

To be honest I’d just had enough of being told to F off everyday. It’s really rather unpleasant.

The Paz Man

The government are incompetent sociopaths, part 85865865098896 on 20:00 - Oct 12 with 981 viewsSpruceMoose

The government are incompetent sociopaths, part 85865865098896 on 19:58 - Oct 12 by 26_Paz

To be honest I’d just had enough of being told to F off everyday. It’s really rather unpleasant.

Just a joke Paz, you're taking it in the wrong context.

The government are incompetent sociopaths, part 85865865098896 on 22:38 - Oct 12 with 881 viewseireblue

The government are incompetent sociopaths, part 85865865098896 on 19:58 - Oct 12 by 26_Paz

Imagine being in a position where some people were using some words against you. Repeatedly and in a way that was derogatory.

You decide you have had enough, and decide to let people know, those words were not appropriate.

Then some privileged person says, sorry mate, it’s context, you don’t get to choose what is offensive.

Must be pretty bad if the PM of your country did it as well.

Would probably be a bit like Phil telling someone like you to get f*cked.

Of course he wouldn’t. He isn’t a person of low morale fibre like Boris Johnson.

In other news, privileged hypocrites that whip out and play the victim card, are always funny.
In a laugh at, not with, way.
The government are incompetent sociopaths, part 85865865098896 on 23:02 - Oct 12 with 838 viewsSpruceMoose

The government are incompetent sociopaths, part 85865865098896 on 22:38 - Oct 12 by eireblue

Imagine being in a position where some people were using some words against you. Repeatedly and in a way that was derogatory.

You decide you have had enough, and decide to let people know, those words were not appropriate.

Then some privileged person says, sorry mate, it’s context, you don’t get to choose what is offensive.

Must be pretty bad if the PM of your country did it as well.

Would probably be a bit like Phil telling someone like you to get f*cked.

Of course he wouldn’t. He isn’t a person of low morale fibre like Boris Johnson.

In other news, privileged hypocrites that whip out and play the victim card, are always funny.
In a laugh at, not with, way.

Shut up and take my upvote x

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024