Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ninja foodi thing 15:43 - Oct 12 with 2316 viewsjeera

The one that's been advertised on TV recently. The one with the 2 drawers.

Does anyone have one, know of someone who uses one?

Any good? Big enough? Too big/bulky? Work/not work well?

Not for me, thinking of an Xmas present for someone in particular.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Just get her a..... on 15:54 - Oct 12 with 2280 viewsBloots

....new ironing board, you old romantic.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Just get her a..... on 15:59 - Oct 12 with 2274 viewsjeera

Just get her a..... on 15:54 - Oct 12 by Bloots

....new ironing board, you old romantic.

'Fraid it's not that mate.

She left after the birthday incident with the Hoover bags.

Just get her a..... on 16:00 - Oct 12 with 2270 viewsJ2BLUE

Just get her a..... on 15:59 - Oct 12 by jeera

'Fraid it's not that mate.

She left after the birthday incident with the Hoover bags.

It was the thing with the sex swing and the high heels which really did it

She did warn you not to wear her shoes...

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Just get her a..... on 16:03 - Oct 12 with 2261 viewsjeera

Just get her a..... on 16:00 - Oct 12 by J2BLUE

It was the thing with the sex swing and the high heels which really did it

She did warn you not to wear her shoes...

I actually thought you might have some insight into this device.

No something you're familiar with?

I'm pretty sure it's this one; they seem to do a range but I dunno if they're any good:

https://www.johnlewis.com/ninja-foodi-dual-zone-air-fryer/p5136706?sku=239004005

Edit: the lady in the advert looks quite happy and her husband is still with her so something's going right.
[Post edited 12 Oct 2020 16:05]

Just get her a..... on 16:05 - Oct 12 with 2256 viewsJ2BLUE

Just get her a..... on 16:03 - Oct 12 by jeera

I actually thought you might have some insight into this device.

No something you're familiar with?

I'm pretty sure it's this one; they seem to do a range but I dunno if they're any good:

https://www.johnlewis.com/ninja-foodi-dual-zone-air-fryer/p5136706?sku=239004005

Edit: the lady in the advert looks quite happy and her husband is still with her so something's going right.
[Post edited 12 Oct 2020 16:05]

It's a glorified air fryer isn't it? I'll have a look

Truly impaired.

Ninja foodi thing on 16:13 - Oct 12 with 2238 viewsSouperJim

We have the Air Fryer Max with a single 5L basket, having previously had a cheapo air fryer that we wore out. Went for that over the foodi, as the smaller basket size on the latter seemed limiting (even if there are two of them) based on the way we cook, plus we could get it £50 cheaper than the foodi. You'll probably end up using both drawers on the same dish if like us you're cooking for a family of 4...

They are very well built machines and replacement baskets etc can be had very reasonably, so there's no reason it shouldn't last for years. And if you don't already use an air fryer, it'll change your life! We often cook a whole chicken in ours on a Sunday for example, and it comes out beautifully.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Ninja foodi thing on 16:18 - Oct 12 with 2220 viewsjeera

Ninja foodi thing on 16:13 - Oct 12 by SouperJim

We have the Air Fryer Max with a single 5L basket, having previously had a cheapo air fryer that we wore out. Went for that over the foodi, as the smaller basket size on the latter seemed limiting (even if there are two of them) based on the way we cook, plus we could get it £50 cheaper than the foodi. You'll probably end up using both drawers on the same dish if like us you're cooking for a family of 4...

They are very well built machines and replacement baskets etc can be had very reasonably, so there's no reason it shouldn't last for years. And if you don't already use an air fryer, it'll change your life! We often cook a whole chicken in ours on a Sunday for example, and it comes out beautifully.

I'm actually looking for my old mum mate.

She's getting on and struggles with arthritis in her hands etc so the conventional oven has had to go. She can't use one now so it has to be something on the worktop.

I liked the look of this because of the drawers. They look a manageable size and all that. Plus an older version she has been using is a top load design which is dangerous for her.

But it needs to be large enough for when she has a visitor, that's about it really.

It needs to be an all-rounder item as she needs to lose a few appliances really.

Ninja foodi thing on 16:27 - Oct 12 with 2201 viewsSouperJim

Ninja foodi thing on 16:18 - Oct 12 by jeera

I'm actually looking for my old mum mate.

She's getting on and struggles with arthritis in her hands etc so the conventional oven has had to go. She can't use one now so it has to be something on the worktop.

I liked the look of this because of the drawers. They look a manageable size and all that. Plus an older version she has been using is a top load design which is dangerous for her.

But it needs to be large enough for when she has a visitor, that's about it really.

It needs to be an all-rounder item as she needs to lose a few appliances really.

Sounds spot on then. They are incredibly easy to use, it's like magic for cooking food perfectly. The only thing you might need to consider is that when you put a decent amount of grub in, you've got to give the drawers a decent shake once or twice during cooking to make sure everything cooks evenly. If she's just cooking for herself then probably not an issue, particularly considering the two drawers. The basket on ours slides in and out really easily and it's a very well made bit of kit.

Ours has almost made the oven redundant. Hob, air fryer and health grill are just about all you need.

Login to get fewer ads

Ninja foodi thing on 16:31 - Oct 12 with 2193 viewsjeera

Ninja foodi thing on 16:27 - Oct 12 by SouperJim

Sounds spot on then. They are incredibly easy to use, it's like magic for cooking food perfectly. The only thing you might need to consider is that when you put a decent amount of grub in, you've got to give the drawers a decent shake once or twice during cooking to make sure everything cooks evenly. If she's just cooking for herself then probably not an issue, particularly considering the two drawers. The basket on ours slides in and out really easily and it's a very well made bit of kit.

Ours has almost made the oven redundant. Hob, air fryer and health grill are just about all you need.

Ok thanks for that.

All a bit mumsnet I know but does the non-stick work properly, as in when it comes to washing the thing? I've had so-called non-stick pans that have still needed a lot of attention, for example.

Ninja foodi thing on 16:39 - Oct 12 with 2183 viewsSouperJim

Ninja foodi thing on 16:31 - Oct 12 by jeera

Ok thanks for that.

All a bit mumsnet I know but does the non-stick work properly, as in when it comes to washing the thing? I've had so-called non-stick pans that have still needed a lot of attention, for example.

Zero issues with ours, everything just slides off. You can also buy a replacement basket for £30, not that there is even a tiny spec of detectable wear on ours after 3 months of almost constant daily use, but it's peace of mind considering how our previous cheapo one was knackered inside 6 months and couldn't be replaced.

Ninja foodi thing on 16:51 - Oct 12 with 2170 viewsjeera

Ninja foodi thing on 16:39 - Oct 12 by SouperJim

Zero issues with ours, everything just slides off. You can also buy a replacement basket for £30, not that there is even a tiny spec of detectable wear on ours after 3 months of almost constant daily use, but it's peace of mind considering how our previous cheapo one was knackered inside 6 months and couldn't be replaced.

Thanks for that.

Ninja foodi thing on 16:58 - Oct 12 with 2160 viewswkj

I have one, I was just talking to Stokie about this in PM actually. I love it. It won't change anyone's life, but it is a really good tool for a single person or those coupling.

I have so far made a good chicken tikka and beef stew in mine, and because parts of it are using pressure cooking, it's been really quick to slap a whole meal up in one.

https://ninjakitchen.co.uk/product/ninja-foodi-max-7-5l-multi-cooker-op500uk-zid

Admittedly, mine isn't the air fryer one.
[Post edited 12 Oct 2020 16:59]

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Ninja foodi thing on 17:16 - Oct 12 with 2136 viewsjeera

Ninja foodi thing on 16:58 - Oct 12 by wkj

I have one, I was just talking to Stokie about this in PM actually. I love it. It won't change anyone's life, but it is a really good tool for a single person or those coupling.

I have so far made a good chicken tikka and beef stew in mine, and because parts of it are using pressure cooking, it's been really quick to slap a whole meal up in one.

https://ninjakitchen.co.uk/product/ninja-foodi-max-7-5l-multi-cooker-op500uk-zid

I like the look of that myself, but it's not suitable for the old girl.

I do fancy a bit of an all-in-one to save space, but importantly I've never owned a pressure cooker, which for me is a loss as they are great for lentils!

Ninja foodi thing on 17:20 - Oct 12 with 2122 viewswkj

Ninja foodi thing on 17:16 - Oct 12 by jeera

I do fancy a bit of an all-in-one to save space, but importantly I've never owned a pressure cooker, which for me is a loss as they are great for lentils!

I'd never used one before either, though was particularly please to have been able to make a pot of basmatti in about 15 minutes and it came out next to perfect.

Crybaby

Ninja foodi thing on 17:26 - Oct 12 with 2117 viewsjeera

Ninja foodi thing on 17:20 - Oct 12 by wkj

I'd never used one before either, though was particularly please to have been able to make a pot of basmatti in about 15 minutes and it came out next to perfect.

Pressure cookers became really popular when I was a kid and mums would use them for everything.

The only problem there was a generation who had grown up on stodge now had the means to make stodge much faster! I mean of course tender veg being cooked to hell with no subtlety.

Great for lots of other things though and tender meat etc.

Still very popular across India today as they suit the style of cooking so well, like you say for rice and lentils as I mentioned, but also for tougher meats.

Ninja foodi thing on 17:26 - Oct 12 with 2115 viewsStokieBlue

Ninja foodi thing on 17:16 - Oct 12 by jeera

Surely a pressure cooker absolutely smashes lentils? They don't take very long to cook anyway.

30 minutes gently cooked in chicken stock finished with butter - excellent lentils but obviously not veggie friendly.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Ninja foodi thing on 17:30 - Oct 12 with 2106 viewsjeera

Ninja foodi thing on 17:26 - Oct 12 by StokieBlue

Surely a pressure cooker absolutely smashes lentils? They don't take very long to cook anyway.

30 minutes gently cooked in chicken stock finished with butter - excellent lentils but obviously not veggie friendly.

SB

I cook lentils quite a bit but yes a pressure cooker makes them soup-like.

I like to batch cook them plain [with a small cube of ginger] for freezing and pull them out for either dhal or dhansak.

Ninja foodi thing on 17:32 - Oct 12 with 2100 viewswkj

Ninja foodi thing on 17:30 - Oct 12 by jeera

I cook lentils quite a bit but yes a pressure cooker makes them soup-like.

I like to batch cook them plain [with a small cube of ginger] for freezing and pull them out for either dhal or dhansak.

I like mine for eggs too, really saves time not having to break open the shell myself

Crybaby

Ninja foodi thing on 17:33 - Oct 12 with 2098 viewsjeera

Ninja foodi thing on 17:32 - Oct 12 by wkj

I like mine for eggs too, really saves time not having to break open the shell myself

I shall take that on board if/when I finally purchase one.

Ninja foodi thing on 17:37 - Oct 12 with 2094 viewswkj

Ninja foodi thing on 17:33 - Oct 12 by jeera

I shall take that on board if/when I finally purchase one.

https://www.indianhealthyrecipes.com/egg-biryani-recipe-how-to-make-easy-egg-bir

Although for a similar product, I did this with the foodi, and it didn't turn out too bad. Admittedly this was more of a lockdown forced recipe as I had ran out of a lot of stuff whilst waiting for a delivery, and probably not something I would have done by normal cirmstances choice as it were.

Crybaby

Ninja foodi thing on 18:09 - Oct 12 with 2069 viewsMullet

I assume they're deadly.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Ninja foodi thing on 18:10 - Oct 12 with 2068 viewsjeera

Ninja foodi thing on 18:09 - Oct 12 by Mullet

I assume they're deadly.

If it's not waiting for me on the roof whenever I visit I shall be bitterly disappointed.

Just get her a..... on 18:17 - Oct 12 with 2059 viewsJ2BLUE

Just get her a..... on 16:05 - Oct 12 by J2BLUE

It's a glorified air fryer isn't it? I'll have a look

Looks a realy decent bit on kit. I love my air fryer and this looks like a really deluxe version with other features as well. Not sure i'd use anything else if I had this. My air fryer is the #1 gadget in my kitchen and I often go a week without even switching the oven on as the air fryer and slow cooker are so good.

Truly impaired.

Ninja foodi thing on 19:26 - Oct 12 with 2014 viewseireblue

Ninja foodi thing on 16:58 - Oct 12 by wkj

Slightly disappointed that the website doesn't show how to use the tool for a bit of coupling.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024