Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Schools and Unis should be shut 16:46 - Oct 12 with 1404 viewsMonkeyAlan

Let's be honest the spread is being caused mainly by the young. I've just been into my local town. It's kicking out time at the schools and kids are hanging around everywhere. Shouting, screaming, cycling round and round people, who you can see are trying to scuttle away from them. They are blatantly ignoring any rules. If we must keep them open, then perhaps a curfew after school. Straight home and they stay there until school the next morning.
Schools and Unis should be shut on 17:06 - Oct 12 with 1352 viewswkj

The school thing has been the hardest one to take seriously from the government. Children (as a whole) simply can't think like adults should think, and the idea they can maintain social distancing is ambitious.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Schools and Unis should be shut on 17:11 - Oct 12 with 1335 viewsStokieBlue

Schools and Unis should be shut on 17:06 - Oct 12 by wkj

The school thing has been the hardest one to take seriously from the government. Children (as a whole) simply can't think like adults should think, and the idea they can maintain social distancing is ambitious.

Although as it stands doesn't the evidence suggest that younger children aren't really vectors of transmission as they simply don't have the lung capacity to spread the disease efficiently like adults.

Obviously this is primary school level, doesn't hold true for older kids at secondary school, sixth form or university.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Schools and Unis should be shut on 17:21 - Oct 12 with 1289 viewswkj

Schools and Unis should be shut on 17:11 - Oct 12 by StokieBlue

Although as it stands doesn't the evidence suggest that younger children aren't really vectors of transmission as they simply don't have the lung capacity to spread the disease efficiently like adults.

Obviously this is primary school level, doesn't hold true for older kids at secondary school, sixth form or university.

SB

I must admit I was more focussed on the older kids in my reply - youger kids are much easier and cheaper to keep in cages.

Crybaby

Schools and Unis should be shut on 17:29 - Oct 12 with 1264 viewsOldsmoker

We need a new type of Bogeyman**.
A man with his face covered in boils spreading acne would scare the teenagers.

** Bogeymen don't exist, kids just have to think they do.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Schools and Unis should be shut on 17:31 - Oct 12 with 1258 viewswkj

Schools and Unis should be shut on 17:29 - Oct 12 by Oldsmoker

We need a new type of Bogeyman**.
A man with his face covered in boils spreading acne would scare the teenagers.

** Bogeymen don't exist, kids just have to think they do.

Oh but they do!

Crybaby

Schools and Unis should be shut on 17:32 - Oct 12 with 1245 viewsMonkeyAlan

I meant the older ones really. The ones cycling about shouting, screaming etc today were 14-16 year olds. They know better. I'd introduce a curfew. Home straight after school. Any found out and about, then the parents get fined. This pussy footing about the government keep doing needs taking by the scruff of the neck. We need to get serious with some measures or this is going to run and run.
Schools and Unis should be shut on 17:33 - Oct 12 with 1245 viewsOldsmoker

Schools and Unis should be shut on 17:31 - Oct 12 by wkj

Oh but they do!

FFS.
I'm having my tea.

Schools and Unis should be shut on 17:34 - Oct 12 with 1241 viewsgiant_stow

I'd more tempted to agree with you if we hadn't just kept them out of schools all summer and spring.

My kid's school is far from a happy place right now, for various reasons, but I do believe they need to be there unless it's completely risky doing so.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Login to get fewer ads

Schools and Unis should be shut on 17:38 - Oct 12 with 1219 viewsMonkeyAlan

Schools and Unis should be shut on 17:34 - Oct 12 by giant_stow

I'd more tempted to agree with you if we hadn't just kept them out of schools all summer and spring.

My kid's school is far from a happy place right now, for various reasons, but I do believe they need to be there unless it's completely risky doing so.

As l said in a previous post. No problem with that, but straight home after. Not like what l witnessed this afternoon and indeed most afternoons recently. We need new measures the government don't seem to have the b@lls to implement anything though.
Schools and Unis should be shut on 17:47 - Oct 12 with 1183 viewsgiant_stow

Schools and Unis should be shut on 17:38 - Oct 12 by MonkeyAlan

As l said in a previous post. No problem with that, but straight home after. Not like what l witnessed this afternoon and indeed most afternoons recently. We need new measures the government don't seem to have the b@lls to implement anything though.

fair dos - missed that.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Schools and Unis should be shut on 17:49 - Oct 12 with 1176 viewsKeno

Schools and Unis should be shut on 17:31 - Oct 12 by wkj

Oh but they do!

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Schools and Unis should be shut on 17:49 - Oct 12 with 1173 viewsHARRY10

Shooting a few, 'pour encourage les autres' might be an idea
Schools and Unis should be shut on 17:58 - Oct 12 with 1142 viewsjeera

Schools and Unis should be shut on 17:33 - Oct 12 by Oldsmoker

FFS.
I'm having my tea.

What we got today?

Perv Pets. by Oldsmoker 9 Oct 2020 23:37
Turning left out of the door.
Kebab,Pizza,Burger takeaway.
Convenience store.
Music Pub.
Drive-thru MacDonalds.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Schools and Unis should be shut on 18:15 - Oct 12 with 1096 viewsMullet

We've had nearly 20 staff off today and told we will have to cover where they need us to, which is legal but very unusual.

Anecdotally I've had reports of mistakes, carelessness and all sorts of breaches of safety not because staff are reckless but because we are tired and stressed. Kids try to follow the rules in the main, but as soon as the gates are open... well.

Some are being sent home to isolate, some are just being kept off. Plenty are missing large chunks of work and it's very hard spending all day on high alert and trying to keep track of who has missed what, where you will try and fill in later and who has/hasn't done work they've missed.

Schools will become a big issue in the next few weeks and months as already other stuff is spreading everywhere, there will be a mental health epidemic in a job which in normal times is highly stressful and taxing on your emotional wellbeing.

The government will do everything to keep us open and we are doing everything we can to keep safe as advice changes constantly. It is staff not just teachers who are taking all sorts of risks within the framework of the law and guidance, and overall I don't think this is being made known in the media.

Certainly the government don't want it at the forefront of people's minds as schools will be the main vector of disease if they remain open but as many other areas of public life are closed off.

It's interesting that you don't mention the role of parents in your post.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Schools and Unis should be shut on 18:16 - Oct 12 with 1088 viewsfactual_blue

Schools and Unis should be shut on 17:49 - Oct 12 by Keno

You always make it about you, don't you Keno?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Schools and Unis should be shut on 18:19 - Oct 12 with 1083 viewsIpswichBoyBlue

Don't tell that to that Paz fella. He thinks it is the old that are the cause for the spread. He said all under 40s should be able to go where they like whenever they like. Loon. Schools should stay open, Universities should close. They can do it all on line these days.
Schools and Unis should be shut on 18:49 - Oct 12 with 1014 viewsOldsmoker

Schools and Unis should be shut on 17:58 - Oct 12 by jeera

What we got today?

Perv Pets. by Oldsmoker 9 Oct 2020 23:37
Turning left out of the door.
Kebab,Pizza,Burger takeaway.
Convenience store.
Music Pub.
Drive-thru MacDonalds.

Chicken Balti and Nan. £4
I never eat his doner kebabs or burgers.

Schools and Unis should be shut on 18:53 - Oct 12 with 1011 viewsmikeybloo88

Most of the virus hotspots are areas with universities and colleges...it is pretty obvious the return of schools kicked off the rise which was followed by the main contributor which is uni students returning....often to cities where the locals lets say like to party and probably were never be best at following the safety guidelines. What I don't find fair or logical is why rural communities and businesses 50 miles away from these places should also be closed down...
Schools and Unis should be shut on 09:13 - Oct 13 with 764 viewsMonkeyAlan

Schools and Unis should be shut on 18:15 - Oct 12 by Mullet

We've had nearly 20 staff off today and told we will have to cover where they need us to, which is legal but very unusual.

Anecdotally I've had reports of mistakes, carelessness and all sorts of breaches of safety not because staff are reckless but because we are tired and stressed. Kids try to follow the rules in the main, but as soon as the gates are open... well.

Some are being sent home to isolate, some are just being kept off. Plenty are missing large chunks of work and it's very hard spending all day on high alert and trying to keep track of who has missed what, where you will try and fill in later and who has/hasn't done work they've missed.

Schools will become a big issue in the next few weeks and months as already other stuff is spreading everywhere, there will be a mental health epidemic in a job which in normal times is highly stressful and taxing on your emotional wellbeing.

The government will do everything to keep us open and we are doing everything we can to keep safe as advice changes constantly. It is staff not just teachers who are taking all sorts of risks within the framework of the law and guidance, and overall I don't think this is being made known in the media.

Certainly the government don't want it at the forefront of people's minds as schools will be the main vector of disease if they remain open but as many other areas of public life are closed off.

It's interesting that you don't mention the role of parents in your post.

I understand all what you say. I see it first hand. My sister is a teacher. As for parents, they need to understand the challenges faced by schools and indeed this pandemic. I'm not sure a lot do. As long as little Johnny is off their hands that's their biggest issue. There is a massive time bomb waiting to happen here. I stand by a curfew for kids after school. Get them off the streets. They are still doing what the parents, government, etc want, which is going to school. We don't need them littering up towns etc at this moment in time.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024