Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Interesting article on Irish fans reaction to Mick McCarthy's commentary 19:04 - Oct 12 with 2219 viewsnodge_blue

Seems that he berated their attempts to play passing football from the start. Sounds very familiar to town fans views towards the end and goes to show that people don't always think the ends justify the means.

https://punditarena.com/football/oisinmcqueirns2758/ireland-mick-mccarthy-commen
[Post edited 12 Oct 2020 23:15]

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Interesting article on Irish fans reaction to Nick McCarthy's commentary on 19:10 - Oct 12 with 2163 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Interesting article on Irish fans reaction to Nick McCarthy's commentary on 19:13 - Oct 12 with 2144 viewsBlueBadger

Interesting article on Irish fans reaction to Nick McCarthy's commentary on 19:10 - Oct 12 by BryanPlug

i WiSh We HaD a MaNaGeR wOt PlAiS GuD FutBAlL. We ShULd HaLf gOT DaNy CoWlEy.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Interesting article on Irish fans reaction to Nick McCarthy's commentary on 19:14 - Oct 12 with 2142 viewsBlueBadger

Blimey, that's up there with the EADT's 'wot they're saying on Twitter' articles for quality content.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Interesting article on Irish fans reaction to Nick McCarthy's commentary on 19:47 - Oct 12 with 2045 viewsMoriarty

Not happy with what Mick says?

F@ck em. Mick is right.

Slovakia aren’t much and we tippy tappied to a blank over 120 mins. A capable manger like Mick, who would have had the respect of the players, would have seen their weakness down the flanks and gone for them the right way.

Mick’s successor, Stephen Kenny is a bluffer, a dud. Check his pedigree. His homage to the pretty stuff has yielded no goals over 300 minutes against Finland and Wales at home and Slovakia away. Still I suppose our numbskulls have to be entertained as well.

Mick is a very decent guy. Have a pint with him if you ever get the chance. Have it on Big Jack.

fka omuircheartaigh

Interesting article on Irish fans reaction to Nick McCarthy's commentary on 20:05 - Oct 12 with 1970 viewsBlueBadger

Interesting article on Irish fans reaction to Nick McCarthy's commentary on 19:47 - Oct 12 by Moriarty

F@ck em. Mick is right.

Slovakia aren’t much and we tippy tappied to a blank over 120 mins. A capable manger like Mick, who would have had the respect of the players, would have seen their weakness down the flanks and gone for them the right way.

Mick’s successor, Stephen Kenny is a bluffer, a dud. Check his pedigree. His homage to the pretty stuff has yielded no goals over 300 minutes against Finland and Wales at home and Slovakia away. Still I suppose our numbskulls have to be entertained as well.

Mick is a very decent guy. Have a pint with him if you ever get the chance. Have it on Big Jack.

But their football IS better...

Interesting article on Irish fans reaction to Nick McCarthy's commentary on 20:11 - Oct 12 with 1954 viewsBryanPlug

Interesting article on Irish fans reaction to Nick McCarthy's commentary on 19:47 - Oct 12 by Moriarty

F@ck em. Mick is right.

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Interesting article on Irish fans reaction to Nick McCarthy's commentary on 20:12 - Oct 12 with 1957 viewsitfcjoe

F@ck em. Mick is right.

That was my thoughts watching 2 of those games (missed Slovakia), but Ireland just create absolutely nothing. Just pass for the sake of passing in easy areas - I think was quite generous to them on Sunday, although appreciate they had injury issues.

Ireland, quite simply, have very little quality for whatever reason currently - they need to try and play to strengths.

Look at Wales under Giggs, they were pretty awful for a year or two, before they got Keiffer Moore in the side, and he has become one of their most important player despite being a mid tier Championship striker in a team littered with PL quality.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Interesting article on Irish fans reaction to Nick McCarthy's commentary on 20:28 - Oct 12 with 1901 viewsAlexGreen

Any relation to Mick McCarthy?

Poll: Who from our injured list will play the most games in 20/21

Login to get fewer ads

Interesting article on Irish fans reaction to Nick McCarthy's commentary on 21:15 - Oct 12 with 1795 viewsMoriarty

Interesting article on Irish fans reaction to Nick McCarthy's commentary on 20:05 - Oct 12 by BlueBadger

But their football IS better...

There was this guy. A cool cat looking for a kitty.

“You need to up your game” his mates said. Aspire to become frigus dudus. Become l’homme for the ladies. Up your game. Then you score.

He groomed. Wardrobed up. He looked the part. Frigus dudus hit the club.

Next morning his mates asked him how he got on.

“I nearly scored a real beauty” he said.

“ How close?” his mates asked?

“Well” said Frigus dudus, the guy sitting beside me scored her. But I looked the part”.
[Post edited 12 Oct 2020 21:19]

fka omuircheartaigh

Interesting article on Irish fans reaction to Nick McCarthy's commentary on 21:15 - Oct 12 with 1792 viewsMoriarty

Interesting article on Irish fans reaction to Nick McCarthy's commentary on 20:11 - Oct 12 by BryanPlug

We’d have beaten them if Mick was in charge.

fka omuircheartaigh

Interesting article on Irish fans reaction to Nick McCarthy's commentary on 21:16 - Oct 12 with 1793 viewsSitfcB

F@ck em. Mick is right.

A pint with Mick is a dreeeeaaaaam.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Interesting article on Irish fans reaction to Nick McCarthy's commentary on 21:18 - Oct 12 with 1785 viewsMoriarty

Interesting article on Irish fans reaction to Nick McCarthy's commentary on 20:12 - Oct 12 by itfcjoe

That was my thoughts watching 2 of those games (missed Slovakia), but Ireland just create absolutely nothing. Just pass for the sake of passing in easy areas - I think was quite generous to them on Sunday, although appreciate they had injury issues.

Ireland, quite simply, have very little quality for whatever reason currently - they need to try and play to strengths.

Look at Wales under Giggs, they were pretty awful for a year or two, before they got Keiffer Moore in the side, and he has become one of their most important player despite being a mid tier Championship striker in a team littered with PL quality.

We’ve a few decent young players on the way. We need a good manager though as well.

fka omuircheartaigh

Interesting article on Irish fans reaction to Nick McCarthy's commentary on 21:25 - Oct 12 with 1754 viewsBlueBadger

Interesting article on Irish fans reaction to Nick McCarthy's commentary on 21:16 - Oct 12 by SitfcB

What a man. I'd definitely go for a pint with him, Chambo and Skusey. I reckon, early doors it'd be all banta with Mick and Chambo but later on, Skuse would come to the fore and it'd get proper deep.

Interesting article on Irish fans reaction to Nick McCarthy's commentary on 21:38 - Oct 12 with 1719 viewsSwansea_Blue

Awful game. But then Ireland did have 4 or 5 first teamers out. It's not especially fair at the moment. Like that Tranmere game over the weekend when they had to rely on the U17s (and still snatched a late draw).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Interesting article on Irish fans reaction to Nick McCarthy's commentary on 21:38 - Oct 12 with 1720 viewsMoriarty

Interesting article on Irish fans reaction to Nick McCarthy's commentary on 21:16 - Oct 12 by SitfcB

Im fairly confident he would speak highly of Town and most of the supporters (numbskulls excepted).

fka omuircheartaigh

Interesting article on Irish fans reaction to Nick McCarthy's commentary on 21:44 - Oct 12 with 1704 viewsMoriarty

Interesting article on Irish fans reaction to Nick McCarthy's commentary on 21:38 - Oct 12 by Swansea_Blue

Awful game. But then Ireland did have 4 or 5 first teamers out. It's not especially fair at the moment. Like that Tranmere game over the weekend when they had to rely on the U17s (and still snatched a late draw).

Wales are superior to Slovakia and Finland and, indeed, ourselves. So a draw against Wales is ok in that respect.

But the game was dire. And we were poor, and as Itfcjoe says, ineffective - in all 3 games. Wales was our 3rd blank in a row. We have a certain reputation with our meet and greet and it’s diminishing under this pretty pretty nonsense. We need to mix the good, the bad and the ugly to compete.
[Post edited 12 Oct 2020 21:51]

fka omuircheartaigh

Interesting article on Irish fans reaction to Nick McCarthy's commentary on 21:51 - Oct 12 with 1685 viewsPinewoodblue

Going to be interesting if Northern Ireland best them an qualify for finals.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Interesting article on Irish fans reaction to Nick McCarthy's commentary on 21:54 - Oct 12 with 1678 viewsMoriarty

Interesting article on Irish fans reaction to Nick McCarthy's commentary on 21:51 - Oct 12 by Pinewoodblue

Going to be interesting if Northern Ireland best them an qualify for finals.

I’d like to see the North and indeed Scotland do it.

I’d be surprised if NI don’t beat Slovakia. Scotland are facing a more difficult task but who knows?

fka omuircheartaigh

Interesting article on Irish fans reaction to Nick McCarthy's commentary on 22:10 - Oct 12 with 1634 viewsWeWereZombies

Interesting article on Irish fans reaction to Nick McCarthy's commentary on 21:54 - Oct 12 by Moriarty

I’d like to see the North and indeed Scotland do it.

I’d be surprised if NI don’t beat Slovakia. Scotland are facing a more difficult task but who knows?

https://www.nottheoldfirm.com/scotland/three-things-we-learned-as-scotland-secur

Article doesn't mention that Ryan Fraser got the man of the match award.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Interesting article on Irish fans reaction to Nick McCarthy's commentary on 22:33 - Oct 12 with 1570 viewsArnieM

Wtf would McCarthy know about a passing game anyway ?

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Interesting article on Irish fans reaction to Nick McCarthy's commentary on 22:37 - Oct 12 with 1559 viewstextbackup

Interesting article on Irish fans reaction to Nick McCarthy's commentary on 21:25 - Oct 12 by BlueBadger

What a man. I'd definitely go for a pint with him, Chambo and Skusey. I reckon, early doors it'd be all banta with Mick and Chambo but later on, Skuse would come to the fore and it'd get proper deep.

which of the 4 messages on this thread, that you've added, do you think is the funniest?

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Interesting article on Irish fans reaction to Nick McCarthy's commentary on 17:51 - Oct 13 with 1068 viewsKeaneish

F@ck em. Mick is right.

I watched you bludgeon your way to a 0-0 against an equally poor Georgia side too and barely muster a shot on target. Surely a tippy tappy 0-0 is better to watch? I’ll take your lead on it though as you’ve unfortunately had your greater share of tight score lines over any other team I can remember in recent years.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Interesting article on Irish fans reaction to Nick McCarthy's commentary on 21:11 - Oct 13 with 947 viewsMoriarty

Interesting article on Irish fans reaction to Nick McCarthy's commentary on 17:51 - Oct 13 by Keaneish

I watched you bludgeon your way to a 0-0 against an equally poor Georgia side too and barely muster a shot on target. Surely a tippy tappy 0-0 is better to watch? I’ll take your lead on it though as you’ve unfortunately had your greater share of tight score lines over any other team I can remember in recent years.

Quality wise we’re low hanging fruit. We’ve no right to assume we can outplay Georgia. Things might improve in years to come but that’s our reality now.

Our more direct approach gave us 2 big results in the last few years - beating Germany in qualifiers and Italy in the Euros (albeit not under Mick). No complaints about boredom then.

fka omuircheartaigh

Interesting article on Irish fans reaction to Nick McCarthy's commentary on 07:56 - Oct 14 with 778 viewswitchdoctor

Interesting article on Irish fans reaction to Nick McCarthy's commentary on 22:37 - Oct 12 by textbackup

which of the 4 messages on this thread, that you've added, do you think is the funniest?

👍
Interesting article on Irish fans reaction to Nick McCarthy's commentary on 12:23 - Oct 14 with 668 viewsrickw

Interesting article on Irish fans reaction to Nick McCarthy's commentary on 21:11 - Oct 13 by Moriarty

Quality wise we’re low hanging fruit. We’ve no right to assume we can outplay Georgia. Things might improve in years to come but that’s our reality now.

Our more direct approach gave us 2 big results in the last few years - beating Germany in qualifiers and Italy in the Euros (albeit not under Mick). No complaints about boredom then.

Mick was always decent at getting results against better sides, it was when you play someone who you consider weaker than you and he employs the same tactics...

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024