Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brexit is a terrible idea Pt.564296 09:30 - Oct 13 with 797 viewsDubtractor

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/oct/12/mps-reject-calls-by-campaigners

Apparently we should be fine though, because "The government argued that giving current standards legal status was unnecessary as ministers had already committed to ensuring that UK food standards would be kept in any post-Brexit trade agreements."

Of course, this lot being the trustworthy bunch of lads that they are, this fills me with confidence. Lets not worry about putting a law in place to protect food standards, Boris said it will be fine without a law. FFS.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Brexit is a terrible idea Pt.564296 on 10:43 - Oct 13 with 721 viewsBlueBadger

Yes, but THE LABOUR PARTY.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Brexit is a terrible idea Pt.564296 on 10:48 - Oct 13 with 714 viewsHARRY10

This 'food' needs to be labelled

Not suitable for Remainers

Fit only for brexiters

May be fed to right wing nuts

etc
[Post edited 13 Oct 2020 10:49]
Brexit is a terrible idea Pt.564296 on 10:54 - Oct 13 with 707 viewsDarth_Koont

The recent Tory governments and their supporters have been entirely undone by detail.

But that’s not incompetence it’s by design. In their vision, they want to be free to do what they want so dismantling government, regulations, standards and safeguards are all part of the process.

The good news is that this is end of Empire nonsense from the neoliberals. The bad news is that it’s ordinary people including the vast majority of their supporters who will bear the cost.

Pronouns: He/Him

Brexit is a terrible idea Pt.564296 on 11:08 - Oct 13 with 696 viewstractordownsouth

They've screwed over thousands of their own voters there too. My wonderful Tory yes man MP has voted for it, despite agriculture being one of the largest employers in the constituency.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Brexit is a terrible idea Pt.564296 on 11:24 - Oct 13 with 666 viewsHARRY10

Brexit is a terrible idea Pt.564296 on 11:08 - Oct 13 by tractordownsouth

They've screwed over thousands of their own voters there too. My wonderful Tory yes man MP has voted for it, despite agriculture being one of the largest employers in the constituency.

The irony here being how a poll shows 90% of the UK want current food standards maintained, we have the same people voting for a delusion that under brexit those standards would be maintained.

The whole point of brexit, as far as those behind it, was to remove/reduce regulation that upheld high standards in employment, food production and the environment etc

I wonder how those dimwitted farmers, who had huge Leave posters stuck in their fields, feel now.
Brexit is a terrible idea Pt.564296 on 11:29 - Oct 13 with 656 viewsDubtractor

Brexit is a terrible idea Pt.564296 on 11:24 - Oct 13 by HARRY10

The irony here being how a poll shows 90% of the UK want current food standards maintained, we have the same people voting for a delusion that under brexit those standards would be maintained.

The whole point of brexit, as far as those behind it, was to remove/reduce regulation that upheld high standards in employment, food production and the environment etc

I wonder how those dimwitted farmers, who had huge Leave posters stuck in their fields, feel now.

That so many people failed (still fail) to grasp that the 'red tape' that we are going to remove is there to protect us, is remarkable.

This red tape is about protecting us, through health and safety, through minimum standards etc. Or it is about protecting public money through procurement rules.

It has always been clear as day what the intention has been.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Brexit is a terrible idea Pt.564296 on 11:41 - Oct 13 with 645 viewsHARRY10

Brexit is a terrible idea Pt.564296 on 11:29 - Oct 13 by Dubtractor

That so many people failed (still fail) to grasp that the 'red tape' that we are going to remove is there to protect us, is remarkable.

This red tape is about protecting us, through health and safety, through minimum standards etc. Or it is about protecting public money through procurement rules.

It has always been clear as day what the intention has been.

But the 4 million extra forms hauliers will have to fill in after Jan 1st are not 'red tape'

The cost of 50.000 extra staff required to process those forms is not some type of red tape either.

And the huge sums that are being spent, and will continue to be spent building and operating holding parks will not be put on the side of a bus either.

'Just in time' delivery to car assembly plants will become' hopefully at some time' - until those companies simply up sticks and leave the UK

Still, there'll always be covid19 to distract us all.
Brexit is a terrible idea Pt.564296 on 11:45 - Oct 13 with 633 viewsBlueBadger

Brexit is a terrible idea Pt.564296 on 11:41 - Oct 13 by HARRY10

But the 4 million extra forms hauliers will have to fill in after Jan 1st are not 'red tape'

The cost of 50.000 extra staff required to process those forms is not some type of red tape either.

And the huge sums that are being spent, and will continue to be spent building and operating holding parks will not be put on the side of a bus either.

'Just in time' delivery to car assembly plants will become' hopefully at some time' - until those companies simply up sticks and leave the UK

Still, there'll always be covid19 to distract us all.

This is it, isn't it. People ask me 'how is it going to crash the economy' as my answer is generally 'tell me of one job you've had that's been made quicker, easier and cheaper by having more forms to fill in'.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Login to get fewer ads

Brexit is a terrible idea Pt.564296 on 12:00 - Oct 13 with 609 viewsHARRY10

Brexit is a terrible idea Pt.564296 on 11:45 - Oct 13 by BlueBadger

This is it, isn't it. People ask me 'how is it going to crash the economy' as my answer is generally 'tell me of one job you've had that's been made quicker, easier and cheaper by having more forms to fill in'.

As with so much of brexit what was warned about, has now become reality. Anyone who thinks the story below will not affect food supply is living in cloud cuckoo land

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-54260470

'Take back our borders' when there is now to be a 'border' outside Kent for goods vehicles, When there is to be an EU monitored border in the Irish Sea,

How did the UK produce so many idiots who were unable to see what was so blindingly obvious ?
Brexit is a terrible idea Pt.564296 on 12:29 - Oct 13 with 580 viewsFreddies_Ears

Brexit is a terrible idea Pt.564296 on 11:24 - Oct 13 by HARRY10

Noting additionally that the zero tariffs on imported sugar cane (which helps the odd big company / Tory donor) is going to impact the East Anglian sugar beet industry enormously. This isn't a surprise - it was reported in the excellent Private Eye some time ago...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024