Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
"Games were effectively being given away for free" ... 09:39 - Oct 13 with 730 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/liverpool-pay-per-view-matches-2283

For free?... hmm, so long as you've paid the extortionate monthly subscription.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

"Games were effectively being given away for free" ... on 12:43 - Oct 13 with 538 viewsJ2BLUE

To be fair, they are right although you would think in the exceptional circumstances they might have overlooked that.

I don't think there would be much outrage if these games were £5 each. It's just pure greed. Someone somewhere has thought about this and decided it's worth milking the true diehards of each club to charge £15 rather than make them accessible for all fans of the clubs at £5 each.

It's typical Premier League behaviour. It always makes me think of the Bundesliga club (Bayern?) who said their fans are not cows to be constantly milked. That's how the Prem treats fans.

Someone might reply that we charge £10 in league one and it's a fair point but league one and two clubs are on the brink. No Prem club is going to go under if they don't make a couple of million over the season from PPV games.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

"Games were effectively being given away for free" ... on 12:46 - Oct 13 with 529 viewspointofblue

"Games were effectively being given away for free" ... on 12:43 - Oct 13 by J2BLUE

To be fair, they are right although you would think in the exceptional circumstances they might have overlooked that.

I don't think there would be much outrage if these games were £5 each. It's just pure greed. Someone somewhere has thought about this and decided it's worth milking the true diehards of each club to charge £15 rather than make them accessible for all fans of the clubs at £5 each.

It's typical Premier League behaviour. It always makes me think of the Bundesliga club (Bayern?) who said their fans are not cows to be constantly milked. That's how the Prem treats fans.

Someone might reply that we charge £10 in league one and it's a fair point but league one and two clubs are on the brink. No Prem club is going to go under if they don't make a couple of million over the season from PPV games.

Many League One and Two sides, like us, have sold season tickets too, which means they can offer iFollow in return for ‘free’ to ticket holders.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

"Games were effectively being given away for free" ... on 16:09 - Oct 13 with 408 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

"Games were effectively being given away for free" ... on 12:43 - Oct 13 by J2BLUE

Agreed, but the League 1 £10 per match is not also subject to huge subscription fees.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024