Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A proper leader 17:23 - Oct 13 with 8550 viewsSitfcB

Get him in next time

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

A proper leader on 23:07 - Oct 13 with 1444 viewsSpruceMoose

A proper leader on 23:03 - Oct 13 by bazza

Anyone classed as vulnerable or with underlying health issues should shield themselves and receive full support, everyone else carry on as we have been, follow social distancing ban mass gatherings etc, and make use of the nightingale hospitals.. so many company’s small and big have put a lot of effort in to making the work place COVID safe at great cost, I cant see how locking down is the answer. The long term affect of perfectly healthy people’s mental Health will probably out weigh this in the long run. Let alone the economic damage and damage to the next generation in lost education and repaying the massive debts accumulating in the years to come..

Not applying this to you Bazza, but your post has made me think about how weird it is that so many people suddenly care so much about mental health these days, when It was only recently that mental health issues were a source of ridicule and eyerolling for some of these same people.

Like I say, weird.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

A proper leader on 23:21 - Oct 13 with 1429 viewsbazza

A proper leader on 23:07 - Oct 13 by SpruceMoose

Not applying this to you Bazza, but your post has made me think about how weird it is that so many people suddenly care so much about mental health these days, when It was only recently that mental health issues were a source of ridicule and eyerolling for some of these same people.

Like I say, weird.

Weird how? finally people have the confidence to talk about mental health because it’s something people understand far more about than 20-30 years ago? Like many other issues in modern society to be fair.. that in previous generations were swept under the carpet.. and yes I know what your implying, and I think you have a very low opinion on society.
A proper leader on 23:27 - Oct 13 with 1425 viewsPinewoodblue

A proper leader on 23:07 - Oct 13 by SpruceMoose

Like I say, weird.

It's almost as if it is suddenly a more socially acceptable subject which is a step in the right direction.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

A proper leader on 23:57 - Oct 13 with 1406 viewsSpruceMoose

A proper leader on 23:21 - Oct 13 by bazza

Weird how? finally people have the confidence to talk about mental health because it’s something people understand far more about than 20-30 years ago? Like many other issues in modern society to be fair.. that in previous generations were swept under the carpet.. and yes I know what your implying, and I think you have a very low opinion on society.

It's weird how they didn't give a crap until they realised they could use it to justify doing what they like.

My question to your post would be, why didn't they care until now?
[Post edited 14 Oct 2020 0:01]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

A proper leader on 00:00 - Oct 14 with 1405 viewsSpruceMoose

A proper leader on 23:27 - Oct 13 by Pinewoodblue

It's almost as if it is suddenly a more socially acceptable subject which is a step in the right direction.

Why suddenly though? What took them so long I wonder? For plenty of us mental health issues have always been a serious and socially acceptable subject.

What's changed for these people who I know full well used to mock and jeer mental health issues as some kind of 'pull yourself togetner' weakness to suddenly start caring about others?

Call me cynical, but I think it's all rather too convenient that they've suddenly they've seen the light.
[Post edited 14 Oct 2020 0:03]

A proper leader on 01:14 - Oct 14 with 1389 viewsjeera

It's also being used quite cynically by people who previously didn't seem to care.

It seems to have become a buzz word for those who want to go to the pub and do as they please.

Much of the population has been affected in one way or another; many will have been bored out of their skulls, but people who suffer with mental health issues will tell them it's not the same thing at all and it's extremely insulting for anyone to suggest it is.

Mental health issues do need to be discussed and there a lot of people who need support. It would be very sad if some other people are using their misfortune to get what they want.

Edit: just to add, I wonder what specific training the prison service receive in order to aid prisoners who are locked up for years on end, and what support the prisoners themselves receive exactly. There must be programmes used, coping techniques employed etc and so equally I wonder what advice universities under lockdown have received in order to support their students.
[Post edited 14 Oct 2020 1:23]

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

A proper leader on 07:18 - Oct 14 with 1346 viewsm14_blue

A proper leader on 23:57 - Oct 13 by SpruceMoose

It's weird how they didn't give a crap until they realised they could use it to justify doing what they like.

My question to your post would be, why didn't they care until now?
[Post edited 14 Oct 2020 0:01]

A bit like all the Tory politicians who suddenly became obsessed with under privileged children getting an education when it suited their political aims and gave them the opportunity to have a pop at the unions and teachers.

Their voting records over the last 10 years show a slightly different story.

Maybe all of these people have had a Damascene conversion over the importance of mental health but I have to say I share your cynicism.
A proper leader on 07:22 - Oct 14 with 1320 views26_Paz

I’m pleased to see Starmer criticising the government’s handling of the pandemic. It’s a bit confusing though when you have Labour Mayors in the north criticising the lockdown restrictions imposed there and then the party leader on the south calling for more severe lockdown. If he’s the leader you say he is he will pull the party together and they will go in one direction. Will be very interesting to see what happens from here

The Paz Man

Login to get fewer ads

A proper leader on 07:25 - Oct 14 with 1341 viewsbazza

A proper leader on 01:14 - Oct 14 by jeera

It's also being used quite cynically by people who previously didn't seem to care.

It seems to have become a buzz word for those who want to go to the pub and do as they please.

Much of the population has been affected in one way or another; many will have been bored out of their skulls, but people who suffer with mental health issues will tell them it's not the same thing at all and it's extremely insulting for anyone to suggest it is.

Mental health issues do need to be discussed and there a lot of people who need support. It would be very sad if some other people are using their misfortune to get what they want.

Edit: just to add, I wonder what specific training the prison service receive in order to aid prisoners who are locked up for years on end, and what support the prisoners themselves receive exactly. There must be programmes used, coping techniques employed etc and so equally I wonder what advice universities under lockdown have received in order to support their students.
[Post edited 14 Oct 2020 1:23]

Unfortunately there will always be people that will manipulate situations for personal gain, doesn’t mean we should all disregard it, I’ve seen what depression does to people first hand, and writing people using it as an excuse to do what they want is quite moronic, someone could read that, and feel at the cost of being accused of just wanting to do what they want and go to the pub, not want to talk about it....
A proper leader on 07:55 - Oct 14 with 1314 viewsjeera

A proper leader on 07:25 - Oct 14 by bazza

Unfortunately there will always be people that will manipulate situations for personal gain, doesn’t mean we should all disregard it, I’ve seen what depression does to people first hand, and writing people using it as an excuse to do what they want is quite moronic, someone could read that, and feel at the cost of being accused of just wanting to do what they want and go to the pub, not want to talk about it....

Then perhaps you should read what I said instead of what you want to believe I said.

I don't do moronic.

Edit: Hey 'bazz', read this from your own post: "Unfortunately there will always be people that will manipulate situations for personal gain."

Then read this: "writing people using it as an excuse to do what they want is quite moronic, someone could read that, and feel at the cost of being accused."

What's your point again?
[Post edited 14 Oct 2020 8:11]

A proper leader on 08:07 - Oct 14 with 1301 viewsHerbivore

It was a socially acceptable subject a year ago, when some of these people now concerned about mental health thought it was the stuff of woke snowflakes. I get what Sprucey is saying and he's absolutely correct.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

A proper leader on 08:08 - Oct 14 with 1297 viewsjeera

A proper leader on 08:07 - Oct 14 by Herbivore

It was a socially acceptable subject a year ago, when some of these people now concerned about mental health thought it was the stuff of woke snowflakes. I get what Sprucey is saying and he's absolutely correct.

It's not difficult is it.

A proper leader on 08:09 - Oct 14 with 1299 viewsairliner

Is this a serious post? Starmer , proper statesman?..
A proper leader on 08:10 - Oct 14 with 1297 viewsjeera

A proper leader on 08:09 - Oct 14 by airliner

Is this a serious post? Starmer , proper statesman?..

Feck me.

Your school owes you a huge apology.

..?...,..!1

A proper leader on 08:18 - Oct 14 with 1285 viewsHerbivore

A proper leader on 07:22 - Oct 14 by 26_Paz

I’m pleased to see Starmer criticising the government’s handling of the pandemic. It’s a bit confusing though when you have Labour Mayors in the north criticising the lockdown restrictions imposed there and then the party leader on the south calling for more severe lockdown. If he’s the leader you say he is he will pull the party together and they will go in one direction. Will be very interesting to see what happens from here

It's not confusing at all if you understand politics on anything other than the most superficial level. There is a significant difference between local politics and national politics. Labour mayors will be focused solely on what they think is best for their cities and will of course be looking at the fact they are being treated differently from others. They also have a decent idea of what is causing the spikes in their areas and what targeted measures might work to combat them. One of their concerns about lockdown is also the lack of support from the government for local lockdowns. If they were going to be properly supported to protect employment and businesses I imagine they would have less of an issue, but that hasn't been the case.

Starmer's concern is for the whole country and I would imagine that with any national lockdown there would be further measures, like the furlough scheme, to help protect people. I am sure that's what Labour will be calling for at any rate. What the government has proposed in terms of support isn't enough and that's one of the reasons why people are concerned about further lockdowns.

Whether you like it or not some form of national lockdown will be forthcoming and the later it comes the more damaging it will be and the longer it will need to be on place for. The government are ballsing this right up. It's nearly a month since their own scientific advisers told them to introduce a 2 week lockdown. Compare numbers of cases, deaths, and hospital admissions yesterday to what they were a month ago when a short lockdown was recommended. It's been a catastrophuck.

A proper leader on 08:20 - Oct 14 with 1279 viewsHerbivore

A proper leader on 08:08 - Oct 14 by jeera

It's not difficult is it.

It shouldn't be, but some people seem to be in total denial about the world around them.

A proper leader on 08:23 - Oct 14 with 1278 viewsairliner

A proper leader on 08:18 - Oct 14 by Herbivore

It's not confusing at all if you understand politics on anything other than the most superficial level. There is a significant difference between local politics and national politics. Labour mayors will be focused solely on what they think is best for their cities and will of course be looking at the fact they are being treated differently from others. They also have a decent idea of what is causing the spikes in their areas and what targeted measures might work to combat them. One of their concerns about lockdown is also the lack of support from the government for local lockdowns. If they were going to be properly supported to protect employment and businesses I imagine they would have less of an issue, but that hasn't been the case.

Starmer's concern is for the whole country and I would imagine that with any national lockdown there would be further measures, like the furlough scheme, to help protect people. I am sure that's what Labour will be calling for at any rate. What the government has proposed in terms of support isn't enough and that's one of the reasons why people are concerned about further lockdowns.

Whether you like it or not some form of national lockdown will be forthcoming and the later it comes the more damaging it will be and the longer it will need to be on place for. The government are ballsing this right up. It's nearly a month since their own scientific advisers told them to introduce a 2 week lockdown. Compare numbers of cases, deaths, and hospital admissions yesterday to what they were a month ago when a short lockdown was recommended. It's been a catastrophuck.

There should be no more lockdowns. It will bankrupt the country and lead to mass job losses. This has to stop. We need to move on , and live with the virus until a vaccine is found. Those that are vulnerable need to shield , Sorry lockdowns cause more harm than good
A proper leader on 08:25 - Oct 14 with 1275 viewsitfcjoe

A proper leader on 21:27 - Oct 13 by Pinewoodblue

We are in trouble regardless of who is in charge.

I do think we have the worst possible Government for this crisis though - if the Tories were actually the Tories we wouldn't be here - instead they are just a Vote Leave rabble running the country.

May, or Cameron's conservative party would see us in a far better place

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

A proper leader on 08:25 - Oct 14 with 1274 viewsjeera

A proper leader on 08:20 - Oct 14 by Herbivore

It shouldn't be, but some people seem to be in total denial about the world around them.

Bazza there wrote a sentence agreeing with my post that he was responding to.

Then spent the rest of his post saying I'm a moron for saying it.

Then Paz gives him an 'up-arrow' for the post.

It's fecking hilarious!

A proper leader on 08:27 - Oct 14 with 1266 viewsHerbivore

A proper leader on 08:23 - Oct 14 by airliner

There should be no more lockdowns. It will bankrupt the country and lead to mass job losses. This has to stop. We need to move on , and live with the virus until a vaccine is found. Those that are vulnerable need to shield , Sorry lockdowns cause more harm than good

Yeah, most scientists disagree that lockdowns do more harm than good and with the idea that we should have no more lockdowns. No offence, but I trust their opinion on this over yours.

A proper leader on 08:29 - Oct 14 with 1260 viewsHerbivore

A proper leader on 08:25 - Oct 14 by jeera

It's fecking hilarious!

These guys don't even know what they're arguing half the time, they just know they must disagree with the libs and the lefties at all costs.

A proper leader on 08:29 - Oct 14 with 1260 viewsjeera

A proper leader on 08:23 - Oct 14 by airliner

Mate, you might want to learn your own language before passing on expert advice on how to control the economic consequences of a pandemic.

I'm not saying you're wrong, just that you might want to think about your priorities.

A proper leader on 08:34 - Oct 14 with 1240 viewsairliner

A proper leader on 08:29 - Oct 14 by jeera

Mate, you might want to learn your own language before passing on expert advice on how to control the economic consequences of a pandemic.

I'm not saying you're wrong, just that you might want to think about your priorities.

What are you a teacher. Sorry sir I will re do my homework.
A proper leader on 08:35 - Oct 14 with 1229 views26_Paz

A proper leader on 08:25 - Oct 14 by jeera

It's fecking hilarious!

I up arrived Bazza for saying it’s a good thing that people have the confidence to talk about mental health. I know I’m the devil incarnate for some on here but not sure what’s ‘fecking hilarious’ about that ...

The Paz Man

A proper leader on 08:37 - Oct 14 with 1229 viewsitfc_bucks

A proper leader on 18:44 - Oct 13 by SitfcB

The best manager we’ve never had.

Get Brexit done.

Possibly (and I realise there's some competition here) the single most stupid thing you've ever said on this forum.

The hard part is working out which half of that post is the most insane bit.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024