Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
2020 Tweet of the Year award may be in for me... 01:57 - Oct 14 with 4448 viewsmonytowbray

Although there has been too much to keep up with this year.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

2020 Tweet of the Year award may be in for me... on 02:33 - Oct 14 with 2118 viewsJ2BLUE

Both she and Peston have been an utter embarrassment during this pandemic.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

2020 Tweet of the Year award may be in for me... on 03:10 - Oct 14 with 2116 viewsIllinoisblue

Meanwhile...

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

2020 Tweet of the Year award may be in for me... on 03:27 - Oct 14 with 2093 viewsSpruceMoose

2020 Tweet of the Year award may be in for me... on 03:10 - Oct 14 by Illinoisblue

Meanwhile...

The fúck does that even mean?!

I'm sure ridiculing old folk, who happen to be a large part of your base, will help you in the polls.
[Post edited 14 Oct 2020 3:37]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

2020 Tweet of the Year award may be in for me... on 03:36 - Oct 14 with 2087 viewsIllinoisblue

2020 Tweet of the Year award may be in for me... on 03:27 - Oct 14 by SpruceMoose

I'm sure ridiculing old folk, who happen to be a large part of your base, will help you in the polls.

I think it’s the 74-year-old saying the 77-year-old should be in a nursing home.

Jesus facking wept, how did we get here?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

2020 Tweet of the Year award may be in for me... on 05:17 - Oct 14 with 2050 viewsOldsmoker

And in 2021....

Brexit turned out to be a dog's breakfast. Never saw that coming.

All Hail Fuhrer Boris. Who knew he'd abuse those Covid laws we gave him.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

2020 Tweet of the Year award may be in for me... on 07:19 - Oct 14 with 1946 views26_Paz

2020 Tweet of the Year award may be in for me... on 03:27 - Oct 14 by SpruceMoose

I think he’s implying Biden is senile and his advancing years have made him mentally incapable ...

The Paz Man

2020 Tweet of the Year award may be in for me... on 08:14 - Oct 14 with 1871 viewsStokieBlue

2020 Tweet of the Year award may be in for me... on 07:19 - Oct 14 by 26_Paz

I think he’s implying Biden is senile and his advancing years have made him mentally incapable ...

Pretty risky strategy from someone who is clearly mentally incapable and pretty much the same age.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

2020 Tweet of the Year award may be in for me... on 08:25 - Oct 14 with 1843 viewsHerbivore

2020 Tweet of the Year award may be in for me... on 02:33 - Oct 14 by J2BLUE

They've been shocking since Boris Johnson became PM, if not longer. They both piss their pants with excitement over been given unofficial, unverifiable, unsourced snippets of information and the odd good quote and they prioritise this over any kind of journalistic integrity. For them getting a story and a good quote is more important than anything else. It's proper gutter journalism and essentially makes them spokespeople for the government through the back door.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

2020 Tweet of the Year award may be in for me... on 08:31 - Oct 14 with 1832 viewsEwan_Oozami

Which Centrists were saying that in 2019? - I certainly wasn't, she's always been a Govt mouthpiece as far as I'm concerned...

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

2020 Tweet of the Year award may be in for me... on 08:39 - Oct 14 with 1802 viewsDanTheMan

2020 Tweet of the Year award may be in for me... on 08:31 - Oct 14 by Ewan_Oozami

Which Centrists were saying that in 2019? - I certainly wasn't, she's always been a Govt mouthpiece as far as I'm concerned...

I'd probably class myself as centre left and that's basically my position.

I also think it's more to do with how the Government has set themselves up, leaking info only to selected journalists unnamed so they can get their side of the story out without any of the repercussions, rather than her as a journalist. I could be wrong though, hard to tell.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

2020 Tweet of the Year award may be in for me... on 09:09 - Oct 14 with 1763 viewsSwansea_Blue

2020 Tweet of the Year award may be in for me... on 02:33 - Oct 14 by J2BLUE

And for many years before, sadly.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

2020 Tweet of the Year award may be in for me... on 09:20 - Oct 14 with 1737 viewsSwansea_Blue

2020 Tweet of the Year award may be in for me... on 08:39 - Oct 14 by DanTheMan

I also think it's more to do with how the Government has set themselves up, leaking info only to selected journalists unnamed so they can get their side of the story out without any of the repercussions, rather than her as a journalist. I could be wrong though, hard to tell.

They operated the same way all the way through Brexit too. And you're right, that's exactly what's happening. As mouth pieces for an anonymous 'government source' there's no questioning possible and the government can't be held to account. It doesn't bother me too much; I just ignore them due to the reporting having little value.

2020 Tweet of the Year award may be in for me... on 10:12 - Oct 14 with 1673 viewsDubtractor

2020 Tweet of the Year award may be in for me... on 08:39 - Oct 14 by DanTheMan

Thats my position too.

Tbh this obsession by the left to paint those of the centre left as some kind of bogeyman is a bit weird, and to be frank a bit pathetic.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

2020 Tweet of the Year award may be in for me... on 10:22 - Oct 14 with 1639 viewsSwansea_Blue

2020 Tweet of the Year award may be in for me... on 03:10 - Oct 14 by Illinoisblue

Meanwhile...

2020 Tweet of the Year award may be in for me... on 10:23 - Oct 14 with 1641 viewsBlueBadger

2020 Tweet of the Year award may be in for me... on 08:25 - Oct 14 by Herbivore

They've been shocking since Boris Johnson became PM, if not longer. They both piss their pants with excitement over been given unofficial, unverifiable, unsourced snippets of information and the odd good quote and they prioritise this over any kind of journalistic integrity. For them getting a story and a good quote is more important than anything else. It's proper gutter journalism and essentially makes them spokespeople for the government through the back door.

I think the issue here is mostly one of competence that's been exacerbated by the 24 hour rolling news cycle. They're more worried about getting a 'scoop' rather than confirming the facts and simply rush stuff out without even the most basic due diligence.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

2020 Tweet of the Year award may be in for me... on 10:23 - Oct 14 with 1633 viewsStokieBlue

2020 Tweet of the Year award may be in for me... on 10:12 - Oct 14 by Dubtractor

Thats my position too.

Tbh this obsession by the left to paint those of the centre left as some kind of bogeyman is a bit weird, and to be frank a bit pathetic.

Spot on.

It's rife though, it seems to be very much "you're with us all the way or you're against us" which I feel is a pretty silly way to go about things as it just gives more scope for the Tories to thrive.

As we can see on here though, there are people who are very much in that camp.

SB

2020 Tweet of the Year award may be in for me... on 10:37 - Oct 14 with 1589 viewsHerbivore

2020 Tweet of the Year award may be in for me... on 10:23 - Oct 14 by BlueBadger

I think the issue here is mostly one of competence that's been exacerbated by the 24 hour rolling news cycle. They're more worried about getting a 'scoop' rather than confirming the facts and simply rush stuff out without even the most basic due diligence.

Indeed. In the run up to the election I remember Laura Kuenssberg tweeting reports of a Tory MP (it might have been Matt Hancock?) being assaulted based on 'reports' from a Tory source. It simply wasn't true though. They'd walked into someone's arm and it had lightly brushed them. However, it kept some other Tory disaster out of the headlines so it did its job. Any journalist worth their salt, however, would have sought some sort of verification of the story before running with it. It was such an egregious example of journalism that in another era it would have been very hard for her to continue in such a senior role at the BBC. It was the definition of fake news, spread by her on the say so of a Tory source without any fact checking. Absolutely crazy.

Edit - just checked and it was a Tory aide rather than an MP. Still, the point stands.
[Post edited 14 Oct 2020 10:39]

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

2020 Tweet of the Year award may be in for me... on 11:05 - Oct 14 with 1540 viewsDarth_Koont

2020 Tweet of the Year award may be in for me... on 10:12 - Oct 14 by Dubtractor

Thats my position too.

Depends. The Labour right and their supporters in the media have frankly been a stain on politics over the past 5 years.

There is nothing centre left about them and subsequently they aren’t offering any real alternative either.

I don’t really know why any of them are in the Labour Party instead of the LibDems or even Conservatives. I suspect it’s because it’s an easier career path for them but they certainly shouldn’t be holding the keys to power in the party anyway.

Pronouns: He/Him

2020 Tweet of the Year award may be in for me... on 11:06 - Oct 14 with 1537 viewstractordownsouth

Almost nobody was saying that in 2019

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

2020 Tweet of the Year award may be in for me... on 11:08 - Oct 14 with 1528 viewstractordownsouth

2020 Tweet of the Year award may be in for me... on 10:23 - Oct 14 by StokieBlue

Spot on.

It's rife though, it seems to be very much "you're with us all the way or you're against us" which I feel is a pretty silly way to go about things as it just gives more scope for the Tories to thrive.

As we can see on here though, there are people who are very much in that camp.

SB

The people who spent all of 2015-19 telling anyone who doubted JC to "feck off and join the Tories" are the same ones who were shocked that during the election, many people sadly did

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

2020 Tweet of the Year award may be in for me... on 11:10 - Oct 14 with 1518 viewsStokieBlue

2020 Tweet of the Year award may be in for me... on 11:05 - Oct 14 by Darth_Koont

Depends. The Labour right and their supporters in the media have frankly been a stain on politics over the past 5 years.

There is nothing centre left about them and subsequently they aren’t offering any real alternative either.

I don’t really know why any of them are in the Labour Party instead of the LibDems or even Conservatives. I suspect it’s because it’s an easier career path for them but they certainly shouldn’t be holding the keys to power in the party anyway.

You've simply confirmed his statement.

"I don’t really know why any of them are in the Labour Party instead of the LibDems or even Conservatives."

I know you don't see it that way but it's the reality of the situation in my opinion and a contributory factor the the Tories success.

SB

2020 Tweet of the Year award may be in for me... on 11:10 - Oct 14 with 1512 viewsgiant_stow

2020 Tweet of the Year award may be in for me... on 11:06 - Oct 14 by tractordownsouth

Almost nobody was saying that in 2019

fat finger down vote - sorry.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

2020 Tweet of the Year award may be in for me... on 11:11 - Oct 14 with 1508 viewsLankHenners

2020 Tweet of the Year award may be in for me... on 10:23 - Oct 14 by BlueBadger

It's the problem with 'client journalism' where integrity has been traded in exchange for access. Kuenssburg and Peston are the worst culprits as they keep doing it again and again whilst being chief journalists for 2 of the country's biggest supposedly independent broadcasters. You'd expect their sh!t from some berk from the Sun or the Mail.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

2020 Tweet of the Year award may be in for me... on 11:19 - Oct 14 with 1477 viewsDarth_Koont

2020 Tweet of the Year award may be in for me... on 11:10 - Oct 14 by StokieBlue

You've simply confirmed his statement.

"I don’t really know why any of them are in the Labour Party instead of the LibDems or even Conservatives."

I know you don't see it that way but it's the reality of the situation in my opinion and a contributory factor the the Tories success.

SB

But they were the boogeyman if you were actually following what was going on. The stuff going on at Labour HQ was awful but still just a reflection of how they were briefing against Corbyn and Labour in public.

Well, they got “their” party back. And we’re back to the same dearth of policy and representation that has got us into this political mess.

2020 Tweet of the Year award may be in for me... on 11:21 - Oct 14 with 1469 viewsDarth_Koont

2020 Tweet of the Year award may be in for me... on 11:08 - Oct 14 by tractordownsouth

The people who spent all of 2015-19 telling anyone who doubted JC to "feck off and join the Tories" are the same ones who were shocked that during the election, many people sadly did

Labour voters predominantly switched to Tory in 2019 because of Brexit. As you know.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024