Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
With Friday's transfer deadline approaching 13:14 - Oct 14 with 887 viewsitfcpaul

do we think that we will sign anyone, I guess from the lack of rumours even with Ward and Downes are new to the injury list we wont be but I think it would leave us really short, especially of something happens to Kenlock, but we also need someone to play the Downes/Skuse role, that we seriously need in there to allow Bish and Dozzell to do what they do best, I am not convinced that Huws or Nolan can play that role so need someone else in there to fill the void.

yes I know we are salary capped...

Poll: Who would you want as Ipswich manager in November. there aren't many candidates

With Friday's transfer deadline approaching on 14:23 - Oct 14 with 815 viewsPhilTWTD

I don't see anyone coming in for the reason you state at the end, and because we've got more of an army than a squad anyway.
With Friday's transfer deadline approaching on 14:41 - Oct 14 with 780 viewsitfcpaul

With Friday's transfer deadline approaching on 14:23 - Oct 14 by PhilTWTD

I don't see anyone coming in for the reason you state at the end, and because we've got more of an army than a squad anyway.

We have but we are overly recruited in some areas more than others, which s a worry

Poll: Who would you want as Ipswich manager in November. there aren't many candidates

With Friday's transfer deadline approaching on 15:10 - Oct 14 with 749 viewsHARRY10

I think it will be more of a case of who goes out - as I expect there will ea few loan deals sorted,

Perhaps if enough were loaned out we could bring in someone, but I doubt that will happen.
With Friday's transfer deadline approaching on 15:29 - Oct 14 with 712 viewsgordon

I think we're just pretty used to the idea of having a massive squad with 3/4 senior options in each position, which isn't really realistic in League One.

and I think that e.g. Ndaba is a strong enough 3rd choice left-back and between Huws, Nolan, McGavin, Judge, Dozzell, Bishop we've still got 6 fit, competent, well-paid central midfielders.

with 3 injured in this position as well (Skuse, Nydam and Downes), to expect more cover at League One level is a bit much for me, and I'm not sure that we've really benefitted much from having such a large squad, it's just seemed to confuse Lambert most of the time.
[Post edited 14 Oct 2020 15:29]
With Friday's transfer deadline approaching on 16:47 - Oct 14 with 617 viewsjayessess

With Friday's transfer deadline approaching on 15:29 - Oct 14 by gordon

I think we're just pretty used to the idea of having a massive squad with 3/4 senior options in each position, which isn't really realistic in League One.

and I think that e.g. Ndaba is a strong enough 3rd choice left-back and between Huws, Nolan, McGavin, Judge, Dozzell, Bishop we've still got 6 fit, competent, well-paid central midfielders.

with 3 injured in this position as well (Skuse, Nydam and Downes), to expect more cover at League One level is a bit much for me, and I'm not sure that we've really benefitted much from having such a large squad, it's just seemed to confuse Lambert most of the time.

Yeah, for all the "injury crisis" stuff, we currently have 23 fit players, which is a whole tournament squad.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

With Friday's transfer deadline approaching on 17:10 - Oct 14 with 578 viewsWickets

I think Huw's could do it at a push and maybe Woolfie ?
With Friday's transfer deadline approaching on 17:22 - Oct 14 with 557 viewsSwansea_Blue

With Friday's transfer deadline approaching on 15:29 - Oct 14 by gordon

2 seniors for each position, with a few who are versatile between positions, and a sprinkling of yoof on the fringes who can fill in when needed should be more than enough. Although I can see why it's grown when we've had players out for pretty much whole seasons; I suppose those have to be effectively discounted.

Agree on confusion. And there's trying to keep players motivated/fresh too.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

With Friday's transfer deadline approaching on 18:32 - Oct 14 with 500 viewsMullet

I’m more worried key youths won’t go out and get games frankly. Big calls there and what we don’t want is another Nydam situation where they go to the wrong club and don’t play.

Arsenal may question their choice sooner rather than later for example.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024