Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
These younguns in Liverpool partying last night on the streets 13:49 - Oct 14 with 2878 viewsbluelagos

The fault of...

A. Selfish / ignorant youngsters showing little regard for the more vulnerable members of society?

B. Our government's abject failure to communicate effectively the need for everyone to maintain social distancing in the interests of the more vulnerable in society?

C: Both A and B?

Any other explanations?
[Post edited 14 Oct 2020 13:56]

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

These younguns in Liverpool partying last night on the streets on 13:55 - Oct 14 with 1752 viewsSikamikanico

First off .. accidental downvote.

2nd, it's a combination of A and B. They announced on Monday that the rules would change from Wednesday.

Why not say Tuesday?

Unfortunately a large proportion of the country don't think covid is a big issue.
These younguns in Liverpool partying last night on the streets on 13:55 - Oct 14 with 1750 viewsSpruceMoose

I find it hard to believe that the people who would do this would ever listen to expert advice even if the advice was solid and delivered well. Some people are just selfish garbage. That's not to say the the government response hasn't been utterly abysmal though.

I mean, they all have TVs, they all have phones. They can see the news. They can all see the number of infections and deaths worldwide.

They're doing it because they want to.

Just my take.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

These younguns in Liverpool partying last night on the streets on 13:56 - Oct 14 with 1743 viewsBlueBadger

C, with a side order of 'if you're going to shut the pubs, just shut the f*ckers, don't give an expiry date. Because if you don't, people *will* try and have a last hurrah'.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

These younguns in Liverpool partying last night on the streets on 13:56 - Oct 14 with 1734 viewsBlueBadger

These younguns in Liverpool partying last night on the streets on 13:55 - Oct 14 by Sikamikanico

2nd, it's a combination of A and B. They announced on Monday that the rules would change from Wednesday.

Why not say Tuesday?

Unfortunately a large proportion of the country don't think covid is a big issue.

Including, it would appear, the government.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

These younguns in Liverpool partying last night on the streets on 13:57 - Oct 14 with 1738 viewsStokieBlue

A few months ago I would have said both but mainly B.

I think we are well past just blaming the government now though. So whilst they have been very poor indeed and deserve the blame they get we are 6 months into this and anyone not claiming to understand the need for the rules is either lying or doesn't care.

People need to take responsibility for their actions.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

These younguns in Liverpool partying last night on the streets on 13:58 - Oct 14 with 1730 viewsbluelagos

These younguns in Liverpool partying last night on the streets on 13:55 - Oct 14 by Sikamikanico

Why not say Tuesday?

No worries, I'll forgive you :-)

These younguns in Liverpool partying last night on the streets on 13:59 - Oct 14 with 1720 viewsStokieBlue

Why not say Tuesday?

That's not what he asked though.

He specifically said the government not communicating the need to social distancing etc, not the specific tier rules.

You are of course right the rules should change immediately after the announcement and they should be better. As I understand it there is currently nothing stopping someone leaving a Tier 3 area for a Tier 1 area to basically do something they want to do.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

These younguns in Liverpool partying last night on the streets on 13:59 - Oct 14 with 1722 viewsJ2BLUE

These younguns in Liverpool partying last night on the streets on 13:55 - Oct 14 by SpruceMoose

I find it hard to believe that the people who would do this would ever listen to expert advice even if the advice was solid and delivered well. Some people are just selfish garbage. That's not to say the the government response hasn't been utterly abysmal though.

I mean, they all have TVs, they all have phones. They can see the news. They can all see the number of infections and deaths worldwide.

They're doing it because they want to.

Just my take.

+1

This government is incompetent but there isn't anyone who isn't 100% informed of what they need to do and why.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Login to get fewer ads

These younguns in Liverpool partying last night on the streets on 14:03 - Oct 14 with 1689 viewsSpruceMoose

These younguns in Liverpool partying last night on the streets on 13:59 - Oct 14 by J2BLUE

+1

This government is incompetent but there isn't anyone who isn't 100% informed of what they need to do and why.

J2... Are we bonding!?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

These younguns in Liverpool partying last night on the streets on 14:15 - Oct 14 with 1652 viewsBlueBadger

These younguns in Liverpool partying last night on the streets on 14:03 - Oct 14 by SpruceMoose

J2... Are we bonding!?

We need a new TWTD Golden Couple now that Glassers and Dollers are gone(for now).

These younguns in Liverpool partying last night on the streets on 14:17 - Oct 14 with 1644 viewsElderGrizzly

It's A with a solid foundation of B.

Plus you only have to look across social media with the amount of people saying it won't affect young people to see why they react in this way.

And still we don't really have a lockdown in Tier 3. They can sit down with a plate of chips in Wetherspoons and still get pissed.
A. Kids are turds. (n/t) on 14:18 - Oct 14 with 1632 viewsBloots

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

These younguns in Liverpool partying last night on the streets on 14:21 - Oct 14 with 1623 viewsKeno

4, Labour its must be labours fault surely

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

These younguns in Liverpool partying last night on the streets on 14:23 - Oct 14 with 1614 viewsgiant_stow

e (or is it f?)

Younguns are continually sold down the river by the genberations above, so why expect solidarity from them when we deem it neceary and then tell them off when we don;t get our unearned wishes?

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

These younguns in Liverpool partying last night on the streets on 14:24 - Oct 14 with 1613 viewsBlueBadger

These younguns in Liverpool partying last night on the streets on 14:17 - Oct 14 by ElderGrizzly

It's A with a solid foundation of B.

Plus you only have to look across social media with the amount of people saying it won't affect young people to see why they react in this way.

And still we don't really have a lockdown in Tier 3. They can sit down with a plate of chips in Wetherspoons and still get pissed.

Tier 3 by BlueBadger 12 Oct 2020 16:31
The levels explained:

1: Think about not going to see your nan, everything else stays open.
2: Thing REALLY hard about not going to see your nan, everything else stays open.
3: REALLY don't go and see your nan, everything else stays open.

These younguns in Liverpool partying last night on the streets on 14:25 - Oct 14 with 1604 viewsFixed_It

These younguns in Liverpool partying last night on the streets on 14:03 - Oct 14 by SpruceMoose

J2... Are we bonding!?

Just remember to keep 2 metres apart and you'll be fine!

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

A. Kids are turds. (n/t) on 14:33 - Oct 14 with 1576 viewsSwansea_Blue

A. Kids are turds. (n/t) on 14:18 - Oct 14 by Bloots

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

These younguns in Liverpool partying last night on the streets on 14:34 - Oct 14 with 1563 viewsvapour_trail

A, clearly in this instance, the comms were clear and that’s why the party took place.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

These younguns in Liverpool partying last night on the streets on 14:35 - Oct 14 with 1557 viewsJ2BLUE

J2... Are we bonding!?

You keep getting things right. I can't understand it.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

These younguns in Liverpool partying last night on the streets on 14:36 - Oct 14 with 1553 viewsSpruceMoose

These younguns in Liverpool partying last night on the streets on 14:35 - Oct 14 by J2BLUE

You keep getting things right. I can't understand it.

I told you this day would come J2. Now we move into the final stage where you, the apprentice, inevitably kill me, the master.

These younguns in Liverpool partying last night on the streets on 14:37 - Oct 14 with 1550 viewsbluelagos

These younguns in Liverpool partying last night on the streets on 14:23 - Oct 14 by giant_stow

e (or is it f?)

Younguns are continually sold down the river by the genberations above, so why expect solidarity from them when we deem it neceary and then tell them off when we don;t get our unearned wishes?

Interesting point well made. Youngsters have been royally fcked over in terms of the cost of housing, they will be the ones expected to pay for the whole CV aftermath and they are the ones expected to make sacrifices for the health of others...

These younguns in Liverpool partying last night on the streets on 14:40 - Oct 14 with 1532 viewsElderGrizzly

These younguns in Liverpool partying last night on the streets on 14:36 - Oct 14 by SpruceMoose

I told you this day would come J2. Now we move into the final stage where you, the apprentice, inevitably kill me, the master.

I had it ending with him eating you like a post-coital spider
These younguns in Liverpool partying last night on the streets on 14:42 - Oct 14 with 1522 viewsSwansea_Blue

Seems to be of the making of policies that have the pubs open and then shutting all at the same time, leading to an inevitable turning out of people on the streets at the same time. All beered up, so hardly thinking logically.

If they don't want a lot of people on the streets at 10pm, don't have the pubs close at 10. If they don't want people turning out on the streets pissed at 10pm, don't open them at all.

That would require leadership to support the industry though, so there is a flaw in my plan.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

These younguns in Liverpool partying last night on the streets on 14:43 - Oct 14 with 1515 viewsSpruceMoose

These younguns in Liverpool partying last night on the streets on 14:40 - Oct 14 by ElderGrizzly

I had it ending with him eating you like a post-coital spider

So long as he doesn't try to cook me first.

These younguns in Liverpool partying last night on the streets on 14:57 - Oct 14 with 1464 viewsHalf_Idiot

These younguns in Liverpool partying last night on the streets on 13:59 - Oct 14 by StokieBlue

That's not what he asked though.

He specifically said the government not communicating the need to social distancing etc, not the specific tier rules.

You are of course right the rules should change immediately after the announcement and they should be better. As I understand it there is currently nothing stopping someone leaving a Tier 3 area for a Tier 1 area to basically do something they want to do.

SB

It's ridiculous! Where I live, if go to a pub 2 miles in one direction I would have to sit outside for a pint with my mates, however, if I go to a pub two miles in the other direction we can meet inside!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024