Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leiston FC one win from joining the same FA Cup round as Ipswich 15:26 - Oct 14 with 2522 viewshatch

They're on a good run in the cup having seen off AFC Telford last night on pens. Draw is 1pm tomorrow on Talksport to see who they face a week on Saturday for a place in the 1st Round Proper.

Leiston FC one win from joining the same FA Cup round as Ipswich on 15:29 - Oct 14 with 2500 viewsGeoffSentence

It would be pretty cool to draw them in the cup. Though not so cool as if we were able to go to the ground to watch. Or could we if it was an away game?

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Leiston FC one win from joining the same FA Cup round as Ipswich on 15:30 - Oct 14 with 2489 viewsSitfcB

...and Bury Town.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Leiston FC one win from joining the same FA Cup round as Ipswich on 15:30 - Oct 14 with 2495 viewsTrequartista

I love the tradition of it being called "Proper". I presume its to avoid confusing it with the first qualifying round or something, or maybe to avoid confusing it with any fake 1st Round ties that may arise, but don't think i've heard it called that in any other sporting fixture.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Leiston FC one win from joining the same FA Cup round as Ipswich on 15:33 - Oct 14 with 2474 viewsWallingford_Boy

Who?!

Is that an Aglian club?

Oxford City also one step from the FA cup 1st round, my old club.

RIP Sir Bobby

Leiston FC one win from joining the same FA Cup round as Ipswich on 15:35 - Oct 14 with 2455 viewsnoggin

Didn't they get a relatively big draw a few years ago?

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Leiston FC one win from joining the same FA Cup round as Ipswich on 15:40 - Oct 14 with 2444 viewsgainsboroughblue

How many times have Suffolk clubs (apart from us obvs) payed in the FA Cup proper? I think Sudbury got there early 90s but can't remember any other occasions.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Leiston FC one win from joining the same FA Cup round as Ipswich on 15:56 - Oct 14 with 2383 viewsBlueBadger

Leiston FC one win from joining the same FA Cup round as Ipswich on 15:40 - Oct 14 by gainsboroughblue

How many times have Suffolk clubs (apart from us obvs) payed in the FA Cup proper? I think Sudbury got there early 90s but can't remember any other occasions.

Both proper iterations of Sudbury, AFC and Town have had runs to the cup proper. Town in the 1996 knocked out Brighton and then were seen off by Brentford and AFC Sudbury had a trip to Darlington in 2000.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Leiston FC one win from joining the same FA Cup round as Ipswich on 15:58 - Oct 14 with 2377 viewsMillsey

Leiston FC one win from joining the same FA Cup round as Ipswich on 15:40 - Oct 14 by gainsboroughblue

Lowestoft several times. Watford, Leyton Orient, Cambridge, Wrexham unfortunately lost them all by the odd goal I think???
Login to get fewer ads

Leiston FC one win from joining the same FA Cup round as Ipswich on 15:58 - Oct 14 with 2371 viewsGeoffSentence

Lowestoft Town have made it to the first round a few times, most recently 2010

Leiston FC one win from joining the same FA Cup round as Ipswich on 16:00 - Oct 14 with 2369 viewsitfcjoe

Leiston FC one win from joining the same FA Cup round as Ipswich on 15:56 - Oct 14 by BlueBadger

Both proper iterations of Sudbury, AFC and Town have had runs to the cup proper. Town in the 1996 knocked out Brighton and then were seen off by Brentford and AFC Sudbury had a trip to Darlington in 2000.

Leiston played Fleetwood in the first round in 08/09, Bury got there that year too and played Alfreton - Lowestoft lost to Wrexham the year after

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Leiston FC one win from joining the same FA Cup round as Ipswich on 16:26 - Oct 14 with 2304 viewshatch

Leiston FC one win from joining the same FA Cup round as Ipswich on 15:30 - Oct 14 by SitfcB

...and Bury Town.

Laziness on my part. I have a soft spot for Leiston as 'my non league team'. Followed them a few seasons ago when they were in the South East Div and travelled to Leatherhead etc in my area. Saw them lose away to Dulwich Hamlet in the Play-offs to miss out on Conference South.

Keeping a close eye on their away fixtures down London way and south Midlands to dust down the old Leiston scarf again.
Leiston FC one win from joining the same FA Cup round as Ipswich on 16:42 - Oct 14 with 2263 viewsoldburian

Leiston FC one win from joining the same FA Cup round as Ipswich on 16:00 - Oct 14 by itfcjoe

Leiston played Fleetwood in the first round in 08/09, Bury got there that year too and played Alfreton - Lowestoft lost to Wrexham the year after

Back in the sixties Bury had a home draw against Bournemouth who included Ron Bolton. He had a couple of years with us before going back to Bournemouth. Only 25 appearances in the time so obviously not a great success.
Leiston FC one win from joining the same FA Cup round as Ipswich on 18:04 - Oct 14 with 2160 viewsTangledupin_Blue

Leiston FC one win from joining the same FA Cup round as Ipswich on 16:42 - Oct 14 by oldburian

Back in the sixties Bury had a home draw against Bournemouth who included Ron Bolton. He had a couple of years with us before going back to Bournemouth. Only 25 appearances in the time so obviously not a great success.

I remember that. Highlights were on MOTW on Anglia tv on the Sunday afternoon.
[Post edited 14 Oct 2020 18:10]

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

Leiston FC one win from joining the same FA Cup round as Ipswich on 19:45 - Oct 14 with 2044 viewsEastTownBlue

Depending on the level of the team that they draw their reward could be a match in an empty stadium.
[Post edited 14 Oct 2020 19:46]
Leiston FC one win from joining the same FA Cup round as Ipswich on 20:21 - Oct 14 with 2004 viewsTractorCam

Leiston FC one win from joining the same FA Cup round as Ipswich on 15:29 - Oct 14 by GeoffSentence

It would be pretty cool to draw them in the cup. Though not so cool as if we were able to go to the ground to watch. Or could we if it was an away game?

Nope, if it was Leiston v Ipswich home fans and neutrals would be allowed but not Ipswich fans...

No believe it or not that is not sarcasm!

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Leiston FC one win from joining the same FA Cup round as Ipswich on 20:52 - Oct 14 with 1956 viewsSitfcB

Leiston FC one win from joining the same FA Cup round as Ipswich on 20:21 - Oct 14 by TractorCam

Nope, if it was Leiston v Ipswich home fans and neutrals would be allowed but not Ipswich fans...

How many?

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Leiston FC one win from joining the same FA Cup round as Ipswich on 21:10 - Oct 14 with 1944 viewsjaykay

Leiston FC one win from joining the same FA Cup round as Ipswich on 16:26 - Oct 14 by hatch

Laziness on my part. I have a soft spot for Leiston as 'my non league team'. Followed them a few seasons ago when they were in the South East Div and travelled to Leatherhead etc in my area. Saw them lose away to Dulwich Hamlet in the Play-offs to miss out on Conference South.

Keeping a close eye on their away fixtures down London way and south Midlands to dust down the old Leiston scarf again.

1954 leiston youth team reached the first round of said f.a. youth cup and played arsenal youths at highbury. that team only had boys from leiston in it.

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Leiston FC one win from joining the same FA Cup round as Ipswich on 07:36 - Oct 15 with 1789 viewsoldburian

Leiston FC one win from joining the same FA Cup round as Ipswich on 21:10 - Oct 14 by jaykay

1954 leiston youth team reached the first round of said f.a. youth cup and played arsenal youths at highbury. that team only had boys from leiston in it.

I remember Bury Town playing Leiston in the Suffolk Senior Cup, before the introduction of the Premier Cup so must have been early fifties. Bury managed just ten goals that day without reply. That may have been the year Long Melford beat Bury in the same competition at Kings Road. The then Senior Cup had a great county following allowing amateur teams like Long Melford to play the semi-professional outfits.
Leiston FC one win from joining the same FA Cup round as Ipswich on 07:38 - Oct 15 with 1783 viewsGeoffSentence

Leiston FC one win from joining the same FA Cup round as Ipswich on 20:21 - Oct 14 by TractorCam

There could be a few neutrals travelling up from Ipswich

Leiston FC one win from joining the same FA Cup round as Ipswich on 13:27 - Oct 15 with 1663 viewshatch

Leiston v Barnet - big game

Darren Eadie v Darren Currie*

(Bury away to Banbury too)

*Turns out he's no longer manager since August. Talksport calling Leiston v Barnet the pick of the ties though for a giantkilling.
[Post edited 15 Oct 2020 13:31]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024