Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just noticed that England are playing tonight....... 19:31 - Oct 14 with 2378 viewsBloots

....which in itself shows that I've got a total lack of interest.

But then I saw the team.

Is everyone injured? Are we playing our ressies?

Or have I just missed the England team "evolving"?

I'm old and confused.

TWTD Leadership Group: Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Anti-Bullying Crusader

Just noticed that England are playing tonight....... on 19:36 - Oct 14 with 2025 viewsJ2BLUE

*grabs megaphone*

"EVERYONE GATHER AROUND, EVERYONE PLEASE, I HAVE AN IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT. I WOULD JUST LIKE TO POINT OUT HOW LITTLE INTEREST I HAVE IN THE NATIONAL TEAM. IT'S VITALLY IMPORTANT THAT I TELL EVERYONE OR NO ONE WILL NOTICE HOW LITTLE INTEREST I HAVE. PLEASE GET INTO SINGLE FILE SO YOU CAN LEAVE A COMMENT ABOUT HOW COOL I AM. I REALLY HAD NO IDEA THEY WERE PLAYING! ARE YOU LISTENING AT THE BACK? DID YOU HEAR ME? ABOUT HOW LITTLE INTEREST I HAVE?"

Sorry...

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Just noticed that England are playing tonight....... on 19:36 - Oct 14 with 2016 viewsSitfcB

The third England game of this international break and the first one I shall ‘watch’ (have on in the background whilst on my phone)

A lot of club managers been moaning at Southgate and not wanting their players played too much, why we had to have a pointless friendly crammed into the already overloaded schedule, and with Covid, I don’t know. (Wales game)

There’s meant to be a friendly in the next international break as well, to make it another triple header. Although original opponents New Zealand have pulled out and FA are said to be looking for replacement opposition.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Just noticed that England are playing tonight....... on 19:39 - Oct 14 with 2000 viewsGuthrum

Injuries, suspensions, FA tribunals, Covid cases, etc.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Just noticed that England are playing tonight....... on 19:39 - Oct 14 with 1996 viewspointofblue

Just noticed that England are playing tonight....... on 19:36 - Oct 14 by SitfcB

The third England game of this international break and the first one I shall ‘watch’ (have on in the background whilst on my phone)

A lot of club managers been moaning at Southgate and not wanting their players played too much, why we had to have a pointless friendly crammed into the already overloaded schedule, and with Covid, I don’t know. (Wales game)

There’s meant to be a friendly in the next international break as well, to make it another triple header. Although original opponents New Zealand have pulled out and FA are said to be looking for replacement opposition.

Why even have international football at the moment?

Oh yes. Money.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Just noticed that England are playing tonight....... on 19:40 - Oct 14 with 1992 viewsSpruceMoose

I was saying this to Footers earlier today. Now I'm over here it's a real effort to keep up with football like I used to back home. Other than with Town, I just don't bother. I probably couldn't name more than half the England side, and some of those would be guesses.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Just noticed that England are playing tonight....... on 19:40 - Oct 14 with 1988 viewsDanTheMan

Just noticed that England are playing tonight....... on 19:36 - Oct 14 by J2BLUE

*grabs megaphone*

"EVERYONE GATHER AROUND, EVERYONE PLEASE, I HAVE AN IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT. I WOULD JUST LIKE TO POINT OUT HOW LITTLE INTEREST I HAVE IN THE NATIONAL TEAM. IT'S VITALLY IMPORTANT THAT I TELL EVERYONE OR NO ONE WILL NOTICE HOW LITTLE INTEREST I HAVE. PLEASE GET INTO SINGLE FILE SO YOU CAN LEAVE A COMMENT ABOUT HOW COOL I AM. I REALLY HAD NO IDEA THEY WERE PLAYING! ARE YOU LISTENING AT THE BACK? DID YOU HEAR ME? ABOUT HOW LITTLE INTEREST I HAVE?"

Sorry...

I didn't hear, could I get it repeated please?

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Just noticed that England are playing tonight....... on 19:44 - Oct 14 with 1969 viewsSpruceMoose

ESPN have a Scottish bloke commentating. See? this is why I just don't bother.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Just noticed that England are playing tonight....... on 19:47 - Oct 14 with 1958 viewsjeera

I didn't know either but I hardly know what day it is atm.

It doesn't help for people like me when the national side isn't shown on regular TV.

Doesn't seem right but there ya go.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Login to get fewer ads

Just noticed that England are playing tonight....... on 19:48 - Oct 14 with 1952 viewsSwansea_Blue

Couldn't give a feck. It's on Sky presumably? I would pay per game to watch us if we made the POs, but other than that Sky can feck right off.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Just noticed that England are playing tonight....... on 19:50 - Oct 14 with 1935 viewsAce_High1

Just noticed that England are playing tonight....... on 19:44 - Oct 14 by SpruceMoose

ESPN have a Scottish bloke commentating. See? this is why I just don't bother.

Craig Burley still doing it?

At the end of the day whilst the team is not great, anything is better than the days of the "golden generation" when it was the same 11 every game regardless of form.
Just noticed that England are playing tonight....... on 19:56 - Oct 14 with 1913 viewsSpruceMoose

Just noticed that England are playing tonight....... on 19:50 - Oct 14 by Ace_High1

Craig Burley still doing it?

At the end of the day whilst the team is not great, anything is better than the days of the "golden generation" when it was the same 11 every game regardless of form.

Is that who it is? I missed the start so I wasn't sure.

While I'm having a good moan, that England shirt is bloody awful too.
[Post edited 14 Oct 2020 19:59]

Just noticed that England are playing tonight....... on 20:16 - Oct 14 with 1882 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

Just noticed that England are playing tonight....... on 19:36 - Oct 14 by SitfcB

TWTD XI ?

Who's first on the team sheet?

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

Just noticed that England are playing tonight....... on 20:18 - Oct 14 with 1877 viewsSpruceMoose

Just noticed that England are playing tonight....... on 20:16 - Oct 14 by You_Bloo_Right

TWTD XI ?

Stick me in that Dennis Wise role and the opposition will be down to ten men before you know it.

Just noticed that England are playing tonight....... on 20:27 - Oct 14 with 1859 viewsBlueBadger

Just noticed that England are playing tonight....... on 19:36 - Oct 14 by J2BLUE

*grabs megaphone*

Sorry...

LOL. Sitters can't hamdle your bantz.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Just noticed that England are playing tonight....... on 20:28 - Oct 14 with 1853 viewsBlueBadger

Just noticed that England are playing tonight....... on 19:40 - Oct 14 by SpruceMoose

I was saying this to Footers earlier today. Now I'm over here it's a real effort to keep up with football like I used to back home. Other than with Town, I just don't bother. I probably couldn't name more than half the England side, and some of those would be guesses.

FREE THE FOOTERS ONE

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

I'm watching it.... on 20:34 - Oct 14 with 1831 viewsBloots

*grabs megaphone*

Sorry...

....we're crap.

I'm far from cool.

(but still cooler than you, obviously)

TWTD Leadership Group: Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Anti-Bullying Crusader

The team picks itself really.... on 20:39 - Oct 14 with 1810 viewsBloots

Just noticed that England are playing tonight....... on 20:16 - Oct 14 by You_Bloo_Right

TWTD XI ?

Bluefish

Bluefish
Bluefish
Bluefish
Bluefish

Bluefish
Bluefish
Bluefish

Bluefish
Bluefish
Bluefish

Subs: Bluefish, Bluefish, Bluefish, Bluefish, Bluefish etc, etc.

The good thing about this line up is the versatility.

If we want to move to a 4-4-2, we can move Bluefish back to wide left, take Bluefish off and bring in Bluefish up top.

I'm watching it.... on 20:50 - Oct 14 with 1769 viewsJ2BLUE

I'm watching it.... on 20:34 - Oct 14 by Bloots

....we're crap.

I'm far from cool.

(but still cooler than you, obviously)

Obviously

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Just noticed that England are playing tonight....... on 21:55 - Oct 14 with 1678 viewsRyorry

I'm very interested, and I didn't notice till I saw your post a minute ago.

#BitLateNowInnit

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Just noticed that England are playing tonight....... on 22:01 - Oct 14 with 1660 viewsbournemouthblue

It was an absolutely shocking performance, very much like the feckless England of yesteryear

A pretty poor night from Southgate I'd suggest

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Personally I don't see a lot of..... on 22:05 - Oct 14 with 1651 viewsBloots

Just noticed that England are playing tonight....... on 22:01 - Oct 14 by bournemouthblue

It was an absolutely shocking performance, very much like the feckless England of yesteryear

A pretty poor night from Southgate I'd suggest

...."substance" to Mr Southgate.

Dare I say it, but get the impression that he's more into the PR side of the job than the actual football.

We've won a fair few matches under his tenure but I'm not sure that the results really reflect the performances.

Is he really "all that"?

Just noticed that England are playing tonight....... on 22:12 - Oct 14 with 1635 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

The team picks itself really.... on 22:17 - Oct 14 with 1624 viewsBryanPlug

The team picks itself really.... on 20:39 - Oct 14 by Bloots

Bluefish

Bluefish
Bluefish
Bluefish
Bluefish

Bluefish
Bluefish
Bluefish

Bluefish
Bluefish
Bluefish

Subs: Bluefish, Bluefish, Bluefish, Bluefish, Bluefish etc, etc.

The good thing about this line up is the versatility.

If we want to move to a 4-4-2, we can move Bluefish back to wide left, take Bluefish off and bring in Bluefish up top.

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Personally I don't see a lot of..... on 00:09 - Oct 15 with 1544 viewsbournemouthblue

Personally I don't see a lot of..... on 22:05 - Oct 14 by Bloots

...."substance" to Mr Southgate.

Dare I say it, but get the impression that he's more into the PR side of the job than the actual football.

We've won a fair few matches under his tenure but I'm not sure that the results really reflect the performances.

Is he really "all that"?

The problem for Southgate is he has to evolve this team and take it to the next level, sadly there's little proof on his CV he actually has the capability to do that.

He on paper has some talented players but he seems to be making some fairly amateur mistakes

I know it's a strange time and there maybe some mitigating factors for this performance tonight but the honeymoon period is surely over for him now?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Personally I don't see a lot of..... on 00:53 - Oct 15 with 1530 viewsvapour_trail

Personally I don't see a lot of..... on 00:09 - Oct 15 by bournemouthblue

The problem for Southgate is he has to evolve this team and take it to the next level, sadly there's little proof on his CV he actually has the capability to do that.

He on paper has some talented players but he seems to be making some fairly amateur mistakes

I know it's a strange time and there maybe some mitigating factors for this performance tonight but the honeymoon period is surely over for him now?

Honeymoon period finished years ago.

That was the few games after pint of wine Sam. (Unbeaten England legend)

Since then, qualified with ease, WC semi, nations thingy final, qualified easily for euros, covid.

I was no advocate for his appointment, but boy has done good and clearly has the euros next summer, covid permitting.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024