Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Maguire sending off. 20:19 - Oct 14 with 1449 viewsPinewoodblue

If his head isn’t straight why in earth did Southgate pick him.

Another cap for Tyrone Mings.

While I write this we give away a stupid penalty.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Maguire sending off. on 20:23 - Oct 14 with 1419 viewsFtnfwest

Dunno but we’re going to end up with about 3 players left at the end with this ref
Maguire sending off. on 20:25 - Oct 14 with 1393 viewssundaze

Mings should have started. A player in form, playing with confidence and a left footed defender.
Maguire sending off. on 22:37 - Oct 14 with 1173 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Maybe Southgate thought his head was better than has been demonstrated on the pitch. He certainly had a very poor game and can't argue with the sending off.

A very harsh penalty decision, though, and the England team have then taken their frustration with everything out on a fussy ref who has returned the favour with his cards.

In the long term I am sure Mings will be an England regular and I am also sure he is ready for it now. Maybe the suspension will see Maguire eased out for a while. I suspect he won't play for United next match and the knock he picked up will be the reason given.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Maguire sending off. on 22:39 - Oct 14 with 1170 viewspointofblue

Maguire sending off. on 22:37 - Oct 14 by Nthsuffolkblue

Maybe Southgate thought his head was better than has been demonstrated on the pitch. He certainly had a very poor game and can't argue with the sending off.

A very harsh penalty decision, though, and the England team have then taken their frustration with everything out on a fussy ref who has returned the favour with his cards.

In the long term I am sure Mings will be an England regular and I am also sure he is ready for it now. Maybe the suspension will see Maguire eased out for a while. I suspect he won't play for United next match and the knock he picked up will be the reason given.

I’m not sure if Manchester United want to go into the Newcastle match with a backline of Bailly and Lindelof...

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Maguire sending off. on 09:49 - Oct 15 with 1002 viewsbraveblue

Maguire sending off. on 20:23 - Oct 14 by Ftnfwest

Dunno but we’re going to end up with about 3 players left at the end with this ref

Maguire bookings were fully justified. Any ref would give them. His head is ok. He is just not very good.
Maguire sending off. on 09:51 - Oct 15 with 998 viewsSwansea_Blue

I've always thought he's very overrated. I like CBs to have intelligence and ball playing skills about them, especially at international level. I see little evidence for either. That might be a tad harsh, but every time I've watched him he looks like he's trying too hard to not trip over his own feet.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Maguire sending off. on 10:20 - Oct 15 with 975 viewsTractorWood

No idea why Grealish didn't start.

The worst England 11 I've seen in a while.

Agree about Maguire. Should be having a break.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Maguire sending off. on 10:56 - Oct 15 with 934 viewsSamWhiteUK

Maguire sending off. on 09:51 - Oct 15 by Swansea_Blue

I've always thought he's very overrated. I like CBs to have intelligence and ball playing skills about them, especially at international level. I see little evidence for either. That might be a tad harsh, but every time I've watched him he looks like he's trying too hard to not trip over his own feet.

Right? I have no idea what the hell United paid all that money for. If he played for a lesser team in the Prem, he'd be nowhere near the England squad. Absolute donkey.
Login to get fewer ads

Maguire sending off. on 16:06 - Oct 15 with 837 viewsJ2BLUE

Maguire sending off. on 10:56 - Oct 15 by SamWhiteUK

Right? I have no idea what the hell United paid all that money for. If he played for a lesser team in the Prem, he'd be nowhere near the England squad. Absolute donkey.

The most amusing thing is he is one year into a six year deal. He was the most expensive defender in the world so he must be on £200k a week. That means United will never be able to get rid of him. They are stuck with a player they massively overpaid for, on a massively inflated wage and he simply isn't good enough. I don't think he's terrible and he's a top half Premier League defender but he's not United standard. Signing him was a massive mistake. I said it at the time when other decent options were available for £25m.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Maguire sending off. on 16:33 - Oct 15 with 801 viewsWickets

I though Harry Maguire had a pretty decent game against Belguim at the weekend when we beat the number one rated side in the world. Is it strange that we moan about PL making too many changes but say Southgate should have left Harry out after a good win . Hindsight is a wonderfull thing .
Maguire sending off. on 16:36 - Oct 15 with 791 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Maguire sending off. on 16:33 - Oct 15 by Wickets

I though Harry Maguire had a pretty decent game against Belguim at the weekend when we beat the number one rated side in the world. Is it strange that we moan about PL making too many changes but say Southgate should have left Harry out after a good win . Hindsight is a wonderfull thing .

Agreed. However, how does Trent not get a start? In my opinion the best English player last season.
Maguire sending off. on 16:36 - Oct 15 with 790 viewsITFC_Forever

Seen them back today.... second booking isn't even a foul, and the penalty is ridiculous.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Maguire sending off. on 16:43 - Oct 15 with 782 viewsWickets

Maguire sending off. on 16:36 - Oct 15 by ArnoldMoorhen

Agreed. However, how does Trent not get a start? In my opinion the best English player last season.

I have nothing against him but also thought that Reece James had a really good game and did well when he came on against Belguim too . Mount and James got behind the Danish defence several times and put great balls into the box but sorry to say Kane,usually so reliable, and Rashford where well off the pace first half .
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024