Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The scariest thing about covid 17:27 - Oct 15 with 3546 viewsgiant_stow

to me isn't so much how dangerous it is, but more how vulnerable we are to something worse or another virus at the same level or mortality.

gulp

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

The scariest thing about covid on 17:34 - Oct 15 with 2989 viewsSpruceMoose

I am now of no doubt whatsoever that if any virus were to appear that was more deadly than Covid and was able to spread pretty easily, it would just kill half the people in the country in the first month while they were still crying about not being able to go down the pub/to the gym/on holiday.

Honestly, it's been proven beyond doubt that a lot of people don't have the sense, the guts or the empathy to do the right thing. Like it's been said before on here, that group of people would have been whining about having to turn their lights out during the Blitz.

Bulldog spirit indeed.
[Post edited 15 Oct 2020 17:35]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

The scariest thing about covid on 17:36 - Oct 15 with 2976 viewsThisIsMyUsername

A study published yesterday via the WHO estimated over half a billion people have been infected by Covid and that its mortality rate is less than 0.2% (1 in 500) worldwide.

Poll: Which of these events will happen the soonest?

The scariest thing about covid on 17:38 - Oct 15 with 2956 viewsMercian

The scariest thing about covid on 17:34 - Oct 15 by SpruceMoose

I am now of no doubt whatsoever that if any virus were to appear that was more deadly than Covid and was able to spread pretty easily, it would just kill half the people in the country in the first month while they were still crying about not being able to go down the pub/to the gym/on holiday.

Honestly, it's been proven beyond doubt that a lot of people don't have the sense, the guts or the empathy to do the right thing. Like it's been said before on here, that group of people would have been whining about having to turn their lights out during the Blitz.

Bulldog spirit indeed.

I was listening to the radio earlier. There was a £million a year salaried a hole whinging that the new restrictions would mean he could not have after work Champagne with his other rich entitled friends. Meanwhile in the North and Midlands already people are facing economic oblivion. Boris gets few votes there so we are his Guinea Pigs (I live in the Midlands). I have gone from sympathy for, to generally supporting to absolutely hating Boris in recent months.
The scariest thing about covid on 17:41 - Oct 15 with 2943 viewsStokieBlue

The scariest thing about covid on 17:36 - Oct 15 by ThisIsMyUsername

A study published yesterday via the WHO estimated over half a billion people have been infected by Covid and that its mortality rate is less than 0.2% (1 in 500) worldwide.

I didn't see that - do you have the link as would be good to see how they reach that estimate. It's only 6% of the global population so it's believable.

Also means there are a lot of people still vulnerable out there who haven't had it.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

The scariest thing about covid on 17:42 - Oct 15 with 2953 viewsfactual_blue

Don't worry.

An erudite young lady from Great Yarmouth on Look East last night said the Covid virus doesn't exist.

I use 'An erudite young lady' in the sense of 'a thick as mince chav who believes anything she reads on fakebook'.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

The scariest thing about covid on 17:45 - Oct 15 with 2938 viewsBlueBadger

The scariest thing about covid on 17:42 - Oct 15 by factual_blue

Don't worry.

An erudite young lady from Great Yarmouth on Look East last night said the Covid virus doesn't exist.

I use 'An erudite young lady' in the sense of 'a thick as mince chav who believes anything she reads on fakebook'.

I'd be quite happy for any and all of these 'its not real' types to come and spend a day helping with the care of patients with Covid. As it's not real, they won't be needing PPE...
[Post edited 15 Oct 2020 19:05]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

The scariest thing about covid on 17:49 - Oct 15 with 2915 viewsTrequartista

i would think the more deadly the virus, the less capable it is of spreading. This one has hit the sweet spot (from the point of view of the virus)

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

The scariest thing about covid on 17:55 - Oct 15 with 2884 viewsgiant_stow

The scariest thing about covid on 17:42 - Oct 15 by factual_blue

Don't worry.

She might have cut my hair 2 months ago in Caister.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Login to get fewer ads

The scariest thing about covid on 17:55 - Oct 15 with 2886 viewsSwansea_Blue

Bulldog spirit indeed.

The inherent flaw in the plan of telling people to use their common sense is that 52% of the electorate have shown they are feckwits

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

The scariest thing about covid on 17:58 - Oct 15 with 2869 viewsgiant_stow

The scariest thing about covid on 17:49 - Oct 15 by Trequartista

i would think the more deadly the virus, the less capable it is of spreading. This one has hit the sweet spot (from the point of view of the virus)

I think I worded my op typically poorly - what I'm saying is that it feels like global systems and our various ways of life have been shown to be very delicate. There are far worse threats than covid out there (not to downplay it) but look at the damage caused. I'd run to the hills, but there are too many fckers there already and how would I earn a living?!

The scariest thing about covid on 17:59 - Oct 15 with 2845 viewsgordon

If you're referring to the Ioannidis paper, it's also very much wrong.
The scariest thing about covid on 18:18 - Oct 15 with 2793 viewsfactual_blue

The scariest thing about covid on 17:45 - Oct 15 by BlueBadger

I'd be quite happy for any and all of these 'its not real' types to come and spend a day helping with the care of patients with Covid. As it's not real, they won't be needing PPE...
[Post edited 15 Oct 2020 19:05]

Much in the way Nephew Neil The Fireman says that he'd simply re-educate drink drivers by taking them to a 'shout' on the M6 and make them help scrape the bodies off the carriageway..

The scariest thing about covid on 18:19 - Oct 15 with 2784 viewsfactual_blue

The scariest thing about covid on 17:55 - Oct 15 by giant_stow

She might have cut my hair 2 months ago in Caister.

I remember you saying your sister cuts your hair for you.

The scariest thing about covid on 18:19 - Oct 15 with 2785 viewsPlums

Bulldog spirit indeed.

I don’t disagree with any of this, however there were many people who didn’t agree or obey with the blackout and other restrictions during the war. It wasn’t all ‘in it together’ back then either.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

The scariest thing about covid on 18:23 - Oct 15 with 2780 viewsBlueBadger

The scariest thing about covid on 18:18 - Oct 15 by factual_blue

Much in the way Nephew Neil The Fireman says that he'd simply re-educate drink drivers by taking them to a 'shout' on the M6 and make them help scrape the bodies off the carriageway..

'This lady is on end of life care. Her family are not allowed in because of infection control restrictions. The staff here are very busy and most of our volunteers are not allowed to work because they are somewhat elderly and vulnerable. You can sit here and hold her hand whilst she gasps her last. See you in 12 hours' would probably be the extent of my tour..

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

The scariest thing about covid on 18:23 - Oct 15 with 2768 viewsgiant_stow

The scariest thing about covid on 18:19 - Oct 15 by factual_blue

I remember you saying your sister cuts your hair for you.

I quite fancied her actually, so maybe.

The scariest thing about covid on 18:31 - Oct 15 with 2746 viewsThisIsMyUsername

The scariest thing about covid on 17:59 - Oct 15 by gordon

If you're referring to the Ioannidis paper, it's also very much wrong.

That's the one. I can't say that I read it properly at all (even if I had my understanding of the data would be sketchy at best). How do you know that it's wrong?

The scariest thing about covid on 18:31 - Oct 15 with 2743 viewsThisIsMyUsername

The scariest thing about covid on 17:41 - Oct 15 by StokieBlue

I didn't see that - do you have the link as would be good to see how they reach that estimate. It's only 6% of the global population so it's believable.

Also means there are a lot of people still vulnerable out there who haven't had it.

SB

Infection fatality rate of COVID-19 inferred from
seroprevalence data

John P A Ioannidis

The scariest thing about covid on 19:29 - Oct 15 with 2607 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

The scariest thing about covid on 17:55 - Oct 15 by Swansea_Blue

The inherent flaw in the plan of telling people to use their common sense is that 52% of the electorate have shown they are feckwits

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

The scariest thing about covid on 20:23 - Oct 15 with 2515 viewsbrogansnose

Bulldog spirit indeed.

That's all very well but where is the evidence that leaving lights on could indicate to bomber pilots that they were flying over a populated area ,eh, eh ?

Anyway, if a bomb fell then it would ...... er.......' be on them.'
The scariest thing about covid on 20:39 - Oct 15 with 2463 viewsjeera

The scariest thing about covid on 20:23 - Oct 15 by brogansnose

That's all very well but where is the evidence that leaving lights on could indicate to bomber pilots that they were flying over a populated area ,eh, eh ?

Something about landing lights...

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

The scariest thing about covid on 20:55 - Oct 15 with 2431 viewsjaykay

The scariest thing about covid on 20:23 - Oct 15 by brogansnose

plus their neighbours.

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

The scariest thing about covid on 21:23 - Oct 15 with 2378 viewsRyorry

The scariest thing about covid on 17:49 - Oct 15 by Trequartista

Yes, I've said all along that if the symptoms of Covid19 infectio were blood coming from ears/nose/mouth, about 99% of the population would volunteer to lockdown without needing to be instructed.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

The scariest thing about covid on 21:30 - Oct 15 with 2358 viewscatch74

There’s a concern about a number of re-infection cases, I’m also worried about the ‘long Covid’ - various symptoms (organ damage etc), no idea of how long it continues. A virus like cold sores, you’re stuck with for life, hope this isn’t the case for some people.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

The scariest thing about covid on 21:33 - Oct 15 with 2353 viewsRyorry

Totally agree, our health is 100% inextricably linked with our environment (not just climate change - crowding, pressures on food, water, soil structure, chain sequence with other animals inc insects & worms that break down decaying matter etc etc).

Which is why I responded to DK in rather doomsday fashion on another thread that humankind may be *forced* to change our stupid insular party & nationalistic politics, for something along more unified & internationally cooperative lines if humans are to survive as a speces. Who knows when, but could be sooner than we think.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024