Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is anyone bothering with iFollow tomorrow? 12:11 - Oct 16 with 4505 viewsWeWereZombies

I have at least had an email acknowledging my claim form EFL Digital following last Saturday's fiasco but nothing more in five days. I have no confidence that they will be able to supply an adequate, or any, broadcast of the game against Accrington. Just sent a follow up email asking for a response (not unreasonable seeing as I got a chat message from them during the game promising a refund - and it was a real struggle to even get the chat to work) but I doubt if I will hear anything before three o'clock on Saturday afternoon.

Oh well, there is Hearts v Dundee on BBC Scotland at seven thirty this evening so maybe I will just make do with that as my live football fix for the weekend.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Is anyone bothering with iFollow tomorrow? on 12:18 - Oct 16 with 2802 viewsBlueBlueBluex2

Whilst I appreciate not everyone is tech savvy and the like but it amazes me the number of posts here suggesting iFollow does not work, or your codes no not work or it buffers etc.

I have used the system for the past 3 years with not so much as a blip in quality or the ability to log on from here just up the road so what I am doing differently to everyone else?
Is anyone bothering with iFollow tomorrow? on 12:21 - Oct 16 with 2775 viewsdirtyboy

Is anyone bothering with iFollow tomorrow? on 12:18 - Oct 16 by BlueBlueBluex2

Whilst I appreciate not everyone is tech savvy and the like but it amazes me the number of posts here suggesting iFollow does not work, or your codes no not work or it buffers etc.

I have used the system for the past 3 years with not so much as a blip in quality or the ability to log on from here just up the road so what I am doing differently to everyone else?

Must admit i've never had an issue either, no comfort to those who are having issues though!
Is anyone bothering with iFollow tomorrow? on 12:24 - Oct 16 with 2759 viewshype313

Scotland's still on dial up I reckon.

In all seriousness, it's been hit and miss for me, some games have been fine, some have been unwatchable.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Is anyone bothering with iFollow tomorrow? on 12:28 - Oct 16 with 2749 viewsWeWereZombies

I spent an hour clearing cookies, waiting for advice on a less than robust chat service which appeared to be rarely monitored, reloading the page, rebooting even once or twice. Then tried accessing iFollow on the mobile so that no one could say I had not tried a different platform or browser. It was a ridiculously frustrating experience.

And yet I have no trouble watching YouTube or the BBC iPlayer. An even more bizarre aspect of iFollow is that I was able to watch the Fulham game no problem (apart from the result), not able to watch the Milton Keynes game until half time (although, as on last Saturday, I was able to get the BBC Suffolk commentary which is not available to far away supporters like me over normal internet services) and then absolutely nothing (say it again). I did have your attitude after the Fulham game and wondered why so many belly ached about iFollow. But I now realise that the service is not fit for purpose as a commercially marketed proposition, not of merchantable quality. And when you experience the problems that the rest of us have faced you may well come to the same conclusion.

Is anyone bothering with iFollow tomorrow? on 12:31 - Oct 16 with 2734 viewsRozz

Once up and running I have found it reliable too, in fact it has improved markedly year on year.

That being said, the site journey is awful. Getting to the match centre via different avenues sometimes yields different results where it asks you to subscribe again despite having a subscription. Some ad blockers cause the match not to load at all, but there's nothing to indicate why (OP may want to check this is not the cause of their issues). Still some issues on browser for some games and not on mobile, and often commentary takes a few mins to kick in.

If having buffering issues, fix the frame rate in the settings to a lower kbs. 520 is watchable on a laptop and buffers less on poor connection than the default auto.
Is anyone bothering with iFollow tomorrow? on 12:35 - Oct 16 with 2724 viewsportmanroadblue

Cant watch the match on laptop at home tomorrow, but have redeemed code and downloaded the EFL IFollow app, do I need to add the code to the app version and if so how? I am hoping the app is synched to my laptop?
Is anyone bothering with iFollow tomorrow? on 12:36 - Oct 16 with 2721 viewsitfcjim

I had a terrible experience with iFollow for the first few games of the season. iFollow didn't entertain my refund request, they just sent a couple of arrogant responses before ignoring me. Did a chargeback on my credit card and got my money back.

After swearing I wouldn't bother again, bought it at the weekend for the Blackpool game and it was excellent - minimal lag, no stuttering or buffering - I wonder if it's just luck of the draw as to which server you connect to, and some are better than others. Who knows. I will buy it again, if I'm not banned after doing the chargeback!
Is anyone bothering with iFollow tomorrow? on 12:37 - Oct 16 with 2708 viewsSitfcB

Is anyone bothering with iFollow tomorrow? on 12:35 - Oct 16 by portmanroadblue

Cant watch the match on laptop at home tomorrow, but have redeemed code and downloaded the EFL IFollow app, do I need to add the code to the app version and if so how? I am hoping the app is synched to my laptop?

It’s on your iFollow account so doesn’t matter what device you use it’s there.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Login to get fewer ads

Is anyone bothering with iFollow tomorrow? on 12:39 - Oct 16 with 2711 viewsHerbivore

I've never had an issue with iFollow. Don't know if that's pure good luck or just a function of not being old. I will watch tomorrow if I'm at home but might go out for a walk if the weather is decent.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Is anyone bothering with iFollow tomorrow? on 12:41 - Oct 16 with 2703 viewstrncbluearmy

Your not alone, used it since inception, only thing lacking now is a trained rather then eccentric cameraman

Has been worth every penny

I watch through the app on a android tablet
or via the website on a Windows laptop
Both can be cast to TV but quality can suffer sometimes
Is anyone bothering with iFollow tomorrow? on 12:45 - Oct 16 with 2685 viewsColin_Viljoen

Is anyone bothering with iFollow tomorrow? on 12:39 - Oct 16 by Herbivore

I've never had an issue with iFollow. Don't know if that's pure good luck or just a function of not being old. I will watch tomorrow if I'm at home but might go out for a walk if the weather is decent.

Ageist post!
Is anyone bothering with iFollow tomorrow? on 12:46 - Oct 16 with 2675 viewsIllinoisblue

Same here for the most part; odd wobble aside it’s been a very reliable service

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Is anyone bothering with iFollow tomorrow? on 12:55 - Oct 16 with 2661 viewslongtimefan

Is anyone bothering with iFollow tomorrow? on 12:41 - Oct 16 by trncbluearmy

Your not alone, used it since inception, only thing lacking now is a trained rather then eccentric cameraman

Has been worth every penny

I watch through the app on a android tablet
or via the website on a Windows laptop
Both can be cast to TV but quality can suffer sometimes

I have had no issues with logging into the live match page but have found the PC experience worse than IOS for some reason. Using iPad or Phone once logged in the live video will always start immediately the play arrow is pressed. On the PC, which I generally want to use, the live picture window always appears but nearly always results in a rotating arrow when pressing play. This seems to persist until I log out and re-login. It can take quite a few cycles of this before I actually get a picture. When I do get a picture it is always present as soon as I press play. Not really sure what this is down to or why it would be different between PC and iPad? Once I have a picture, it’s been completely robust (other than the dodgy camera work on occasions!)
Is anyone bothering with iFollow tomorrow? on 13:09 - Oct 16 with 2640 viewstrncbluearmy

Is anyone bothering with iFollow tomorrow? on 12:55 - Oct 16 by longtimefan

I have had no issues with logging into the live match page but have found the PC experience worse than IOS for some reason. Using iPad or Phone once logged in the live video will always start immediately the play arrow is pressed. On the PC, which I generally want to use, the live picture window always appears but nearly always results in a rotating arrow when pressing play. This seems to persist until I log out and re-login. It can take quite a few cycles of this before I actually get a picture. When I do get a picture it is always present as soon as I press play. Not really sure what this is down to or why it would be different between PC and iPad? Once I have a picture, it’s been completely robust (other than the dodgy camera work on occasions!)

In the early days pc using Windows was sometimes iffy, cannot remember exactly why I contacted support but the advice was clear cookies, something I do now as a matter of course before going into the site.

Something else that may help people is that the picture quality can be adjusted via settings, default is auto but adjusting to a lower resolution can help.
Is anyone bothering with iFollow tomorrow? on 13:58 - Oct 16 with 2542 viewsportmanroadblue

Is anyone bothering with iFollow tomorrow? on 12:37 - Oct 16 by SitfcB

It’s on your iFollow account so doesn’t matter what device you use it’s there.

Thanks, thats what i had hoped.
Is anyone bothering with iFollow tomorrow? on 14:00 - Oct 16 with 2533 viewsDubtractor

ALways works OK for me, once I've got through the convoluted navigation to watch it.

The picture is a bit crappy, in terms of frame rate, and the camera work is ropey, but it works fine.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Is anyone bothering with iFollow tomorrow? on 14:02 - Oct 16 with 2522 viewsLankHenners

Is anyone bothering with iFollow tomorrow? on 12:46 - Oct 16 by Illinoisblue

Same here for the most part; odd wobble aside it’s been a very reliable service

It's always been fine for me but in for the last couple of games I've had issues and had to download Firefox just to get the video to play. Does seem to be a bit of pot luck as to whether it works for someone or not.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Is anyone bothering with iFollow tomorrow? on 14:33 - Oct 16 with 2475 viewsSitfcB

Never had any real problems, only buffering issues in the second half of some games but down to WiFi issues.

I think a lot of the problems people have are down to their broadband probably being sh!te but have to find someone to blame.

COYB

Is anyone bothering with iFollow tomorrow? on 14:53 - Oct 16 with 2444 viewsWeWereZombies

Is anyone bothering with iFollow tomorrow? on 14:33 - Oct 16 by SitfcB

Never had any real problems, only buffering issues in the second half of some games but down to WiFi issues.

I think a lot of the problems people have are down to their broadband probably being sh!te but have to find someone to blame.

I'm not looking for anyone to blame and I know my broadband is not the best (not the fault of John Lewis Broadband who have been a great improvement on BT, just a case of being four miles from the junction box), I just want a reliable service for watching Town games. Every other app I use is fine, YouTube, iPlayer, FutureLearn for coursework, so iFollow is obviously not up to their standard (and some of the FutureLearn stuff is quite ropey and looks like it was made in a shed and sent out via tin cans and string). Then there is the issue of sometimes iFollow works and sometimes it does not, a very odd set up.

Is anyone bothering with iFollow tomorrow? on 14:56 - Oct 16 with 2427 viewsSitfcB

Is anyone bothering with iFollow tomorrow? on 14:53 - Oct 16 by WeWereZombies

I'm not looking for anyone to blame and I know my broadband is not the best (not the fault of John Lewis Broadband who have been a great improvement on BT, just a case of being four miles from the junction box), I just want a reliable service for watching Town games. Every other app I use is fine, YouTube, iPlayer, FutureLearn for coursework, so iFollow is obviously not up to their standard (and some of the FutureLearn stuff is quite ropey and looks like it was made in a shed and sent out via tin cans and string). Then there is the issue of sometimes iFollow works and sometimes it does not, a very odd set up.

Sorry not really directed at you directly, see load of people moaning on twitter on match days when most other people’s are fine.

COYB

Is anyone bothering with iFollow tomorrow? on 15:20 - Oct 16 with 2396 viewsitfcjoe

I don't think it is about being tech savvy - mine simply doesn't work on my laptop which is a bit older, had the same issue on a friends laptop when tried to hook it up to the TV - tried IE, Chrome and Firefox across both and it simply doesn't give you the option to watch the game after letting you pay.

I watch it on my PC easily, am tech savvy enough to be able to have got VPNs working in previous seasons etc - but when the 'WATCH LIVE NOW' button isn't there after you've paid for it then it's the system that is screwed

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Is anyone bothering with iFollow tomorrow? on 15:27 - Oct 16 with 2371 viewsWeWereZombies

Is anyone bothering with iFollow tomorrow? on 15:20 - Oct 16 by itfcjoe

I don't think it is about being tech savvy - mine simply doesn't work on my laptop which is a bit older, had the same issue on a friends laptop when tried to hook it up to the TV - tried IE, Chrome and Firefox across both and it simply doesn't give you the option to watch the game after letting you pay.

I watch it on my PC easily, am tech savvy enough to be able to have got VPNs working in previous seasons etc - but when the 'WATCH LIVE NOW' button isn't there after you've paid for it then it's the system that is screwed

I have not had that particular problem, my issue has been the one of it not loading after I hit the watch live now button - in the case of the MK Dons game it didn't load for all of the first half - but the listen live button did function (although when Woolley is the commentator I wish it didn't). But I can see how the watch the match button could get lost in all the other clutter that is thrown at you. The service is not optimised for genuine football fans who pay their money and want to watch a match but seems to be a nudge towards shortening the attention span and spinning you towards paying for additional services.

Is anyone bothering with iFollow tomorrow? on 16:06 - Oct 16 with 2293 viewsBlockJJ

Is anyone bothering with iFollow tomorrow? on 15:27 - Oct 16 by WeWereZombies

I have not had that particular problem, my issue has been the one of it not loading after I hit the watch live now button - in the case of the MK Dons game it didn't load for all of the first half - but the listen live button did function (although when Woolley is the commentator I wish it didn't). But I can see how the watch the match button could get lost in all the other clutter that is thrown at you. The service is not optimised for genuine football fans who pay their money and want to watch a match but seems to be a nudge towards shortening the attention span and spinning you towards paying for additional services.

No Issues with Ifollow and I have been using it all over the world including on Mobile Data in India etc. when I have been away for work.

You just know all these people with issues are using Internet Explorer and their laptop has a million different programmes running in the background. Ha
Is anyone bothering with iFollow tomorrow? on 16:07 - Oct 16 with 2288 viewsBloomBlue

I had issues until grandson pointed out my laptop is a bit old and therefore my wifi hardware in the laptop is also old and struggles, he simply setup an ethernet connection into router HDMI into TV and never had any issues since
Is anyone bothering with iFollow tomorrow? on 16:23 - Oct 16 with 2277 viewsTJS

It took me ages to realise it was my talktalk kidsafe settings that were the problem for the last two games.
This is definitely worth checking if you are stuck on the black screen.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024