Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just heard from a friend who runs a B&B 12:37 - Oct 16 with 1581 viewsbluelagos

up in the Forest of Bowland. She took on a semi derelict building and has done it up, as well as converting an old barn to a bunkhouse. She offers B&B and has worked hard targeting MTB cyclists and walkers.

Just been put in tier 3, no financial help at all (as she isn't being told to close) but many of her clients are now cancelling on her (due to the Tier 3 status)

Am sure there are many other small businesses in similar positions. Oh and where she lives there is very low rates of CV.

Surely we can do better?

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Just heard from a friend who runs a B&B on 12:47 - Oct 16 with 1515 viewsm14_blue

And once again, here's the rub.

We're being 'advised against' travel and overnight stays but not banned from it.

Therefore presumably the businesses aren't entitled to any help and/or the customers aren't entitled to a refund.

Shambles. Absolute shambles.

I wouldn't mind if there was any chance of it actually working but it's just more tinkering around the edges, we get most of the financial pain and none of the epidemiological benefits. THE CMO literally stood at the press conference an said that no one thinks it will work. It's the worst of both worlds and I'm sure it will drag on for months as it's so ineffective.
[Post edited 16 Oct 2020 12:48]
Just heard from a friend who runs a B&B on 14:02 - Oct 16 with 1407 viewsHarry_Palmer

And sadly this is happening all over the Country to small and medium businesses. The evidence for the benefit in terms of reduced transmissions is virtually non existent and yet the inevitable outcome will be small businesses going bust and plunging more and more people into hard times with all of the knock on effects regarding health and wellbeing.

It is getting harder and harder to argue a case against the Government actually self-sabotaging it's own economy on purpose.
Just heard from a friend who runs a B&B on 16:25 - Oct 16 with 1272 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

At this rate there will be no SMEs left to fail as a result of a no deal Brexit

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

Just heard from a friend who runs a B&B on 16:29 - Oct 16 with 1253 viewscatch74

It’s incredibly strange to pay staff furlough, give small business grants, govt backed loans, vat reductions, remove business rates. Then allow everyone to open up, close or as good as close businesses at quite short notice and then offer next to no support. What a waste of the initial payouts if you’re going to throw most of the business that have used it under a bus.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Just heard from a friend who runs a B&B on 17:29 - Oct 16 with 1174 views26_Paz

The whole thing is a joke. If it’s only advice I will be thanking the government kindly for their advice and choosing to ignore it. I’m only going to follow stuff they actually make illegal

The Paz Man

Just heard from a friend who runs a B&B on 18:05 - Oct 16 with 1093 viewsSpruceMoose

Just heard from a friend who runs a B&B on 17:29 - Oct 16 by 26_Paz

The whole thing is a joke. If it’s only advice I will be thanking the government kindly for their advice and choosing to ignore it. I’m only going to follow stuff they actually make illegal

Exactly as I've said all along. You cherry pick.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024