Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lifes a pitch 09:24 - Oct 17 with 697 viewsdeano85

Morning, does anyone know if/when lifes a pitch is returning?
Cheers
Lifes a pitch on 09:31 - Oct 17 with 688 viewsSitfcB

It’s not. Scrapped.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Lifes a pitch on 10:27 - Oct 17 with 640 viewsGuthrum

Lifes a pitch on 09:31 - Oct 17 by SitfcB

It’s not. Scrapped.

Why's that?

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Lifes a pitch on 10:35 - Oct 17 with 634 viewsfactual_blue

Lifes a pitch on 10:27 - Oct 17 by Guthrum

Why's that?

Phil sacked Mark Murphy for gross moral turpitude.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Lifes a pitch on 11:55 - Oct 17 with 598 viewsEastTownBlue

Lifes a pitch on 10:27 - Oct 17 by Guthrum

Why's that?

Presumably as part of the BBC cost cutting. The daytime programmes have been split into four hour shows.
Lifes a pitch on 13:59 - Oct 17 with 524 viewsScuzzer

Lifes a pitch on 09:31 - Oct 17 by SitfcB

It’s not. Scrapped.

And Stephen Foster has taken redundancy.
BBC now on a downward spiral.

Established 1968

Life's A Pitch on 14:38 - Oct 17 with 503 viewsThe_Major

I'd be intrigued to know how much they're saving by not doing it any more - I appreciate it probably does cost a bit every other week when they were down Portman Road (OB costs etc), but it's presented by someone already employed by them, sounds like Butcher would bring in cakes out of his own pocket every week, and it was one of the most popular shows they had.

Can only assume that perhaps Murph is paid on a per show basis, rather than a flat rate. Either that or Phil and Tractorboy are a couple of right divas who demand a hundredweight of Ferrero Rocher each week.

And then as mentioned above, Foz is on his way out as well. Considering his stint on the Headbangers Ball on Orwell must go back to about 1984, it'll be the first time in three and a half decades that he's not on a Suffolk radio station. They seem to be getting rid of a lot of old favourites at the moment - certainly Wally "Possible inspiration for Alan Partridge" Webb is out at Norfolk, and I saw mention of one of the stations up north that they were getting rid of someone who had been presenting 40 plus years.

However, if this means the end of Stewart White, I heartily approve.
Life's A Pitch on 14:45 - Oct 17 with 487 viewsronnyd

Life's A Pitch on 14:38 - Oct 17 by The_Major

I'd be intrigued to know how much they're saving by not doing it any more - I appreciate it probably does cost a bit every other week when they were down Portman Road (OB costs etc), but it's presented by someone already employed by them, sounds like Butcher would bring in cakes out of his own pocket every week, and it was one of the most popular shows they had.

Can only assume that perhaps Murph is paid on a per show basis, rather than a flat rate. Either that or Phil and Tractorboy are a couple of right divas who demand a hundredweight of Ferrero Rocher each week.

And then as mentioned above, Foz is on his way out as well. Considering his stint on the Headbangers Ball on Orwell must go back to about 1984, it'll be the first time in three and a half decades that he's not on a Suffolk radio station. They seem to be getting rid of a lot of old favourites at the moment - certainly Wally "Possible inspiration for Alan Partridge" Webb is out at Norfolk, and I saw mention of one of the stations up north that they were getting rid of someone who had been presenting 40 plus years.

Stewart White, a right obnoxious get. Remember him once on Look East being a total knob to the weather girl, because her forecast put his golf weekend in doubt. A nasty piece of work.
Life's A Pitch on 14:50 - Oct 17 with 478 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

Life's A Pitch on 14:38 - Oct 17 by The_Major

...... follow the Hobnob crumb trail.

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

Login to get fewer ads

Lifes a pitch on 14:56 - Oct 17 with 467 viewsPhilTWTD

The show has been a victim of an emergency schedule at the BBC and the restrictions on guests in the studio. Could return once the world returns to some normality.
Lifes a pitch on 15:16 - Oct 17 with 442 viewshoppy

Lifes a pitch on 14:56 - Oct 17 by PhilTWTD

The show has been a victim of an emergency schedule at the BBC and the restrictions on guests in the studio. Could return once the world returns to some normality.

Wasn’t it something to do with the quality of guests, rather than numbers?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024