Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
90th minute subs 16:56 - Oct 17 with 1732 viewsCanadianBlue

What exactly was the point? I'm sure Simpson is happy to graze the grass but at least give him the chance to have some influence over the game.

Goes for 80th minute subs too.
90th minute subs on 16:58 - Oct 17 with 1713 viewsclive_baker

With young lads like Simpson I love to see it. Lambo's done him a solid there, extra couple of hundred quid in his pay cheque this month.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

90th minute subs on 16:58 - Oct 17 with 1708 viewsLankHenners

Never like them - always seems an insult to the player coming on just to give them 90 seconds.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

90th minute subs on 17:06 - Oct 17 with 1636 viewsMookamoo

Appearance fee will pay for tonight's Deliveroo.
90th minute subs on 17:07 - Oct 17 with 1617 viewsuefacup81

I've no issue with it.

Gives the kids a short run out with no expectations and, as others have said, gets them an appearance fee.

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

90th minute subs on 18:32 - Oct 17 with 1502 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Ruining the clock a little bit...let them get used to the rush so it doesn't go to the head when they get on for longer

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

90th minute subs on 19:54 - Oct 17 with 1394 viewsPhilTWTD

Used to be that players got a win bonus if they made it on to the field and assume that's still the same.
90th minute subs on 20:06 - Oct 17 with 1358 viewsNthsuffolkblue

2 ways about it - it gives them the experience of being on the pitch without any expectation and he did get to touch the ball a bit - even should have had a shot on goal but chose to pass. However, at some point when someone goes "he has only scored once in 10 appearances" or whatever the statistics might end up as, it is important it is pointed out that 3 of them were for injury time only and 6 more for less than 10 minutes or whatever they end up as.

I am quite sure, even aside from the bonus, Simpson would have no objection to it.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

90th minute subs on 21:04 - Oct 17 with 1294 viewsSwailsey

So PL can have a pop at him for not scoring?

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Login to get fewer ads

90th minute subs on 21:06 - Oct 17 with 1285 viewslondontractorboy57

90th minute subs on 16:58 - Oct 17 by LankHenners

Never like them - always seems an insult to the player coming on just to give them 90 seconds.

i believe its done to waste time and upset the oppo
90th minute subs on 21:06 - Oct 17 with 1285 viewsJ2BLUE

Disrupt the flow of the chasing team. Use up more time than they add on. Etc.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

90th minute subs on 21:47 - Oct 17 with 1211 viewsBryanPlug

90th minute subs on 19:54 - Oct 17 by PhilTWTD

Used to be that players got a win bonus if they made it on to the field and assume that's still the same.

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

90th minute subs on 22:22 - Oct 17 with 1168 viewsLankHenners

90th minute subs on 21:06 - Oct 17 by londontractorboy57

i believe its done to waste time and upset the oppo

I know why it's done generally but in today's scenario there wasn't really a good reason why he couldn't have got 10 minutes.

Not a big deal but I always find it a bit stupid in a game like today when the result is in the bag and the winning team is sitting very comfortably.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

90th minute subs on 02:17 - Oct 18 with 1066 viewsbenfisher59

90th minute subs on 22:22 - Oct 17 by LankHenners

I know why it's done generally but in today's scenario there wasn't really a good reason why he couldn't have got 10 minutes.

Not a big deal but I always find it a bit stupid in a game like today when the result is in the bag and the winning team is sitting very comfortably.

But 2 nil's a dangerous scoreline don't forget...
90th minute subs on 06:25 - Oct 18 with 1001 viewsCanadianBlue

I can understand a disruption substitution during a period of high intensity in the 50th-70th minute periods. Maybe even in the 80ths (mostly the pacy winger/striker sub for the tired defense). 90th minute is just extending the game and adding to your player's mental fatigue.

Lambert regularly does later subs. If you're wanting to rest a player, get a player more minutes, change systems or exploit a found weakness, why not put players on earlier and let them get the opportunities to influence the game?

Nolan came on at 74th. Bennett at 84th. Simpson at 94th.

Max 15 minutes of a 90 minute game to make an impact is a hard task for anyone, let alone a player in League 1. Especially a young player such as Simpson.

Guess I'd rather see subs in the 50th-70th minute area to give players chance to put their mark on the game. We love to see our young players come through but how can they with 1 min of League One football? Was it worth Simpson missing 90+ mins of U23 football for a 60sec cameo? (admittedly, maybe he'll take from this game to shoot and not pass to Dozzell!)

Probably a good thing I'm not a football manager :P
90th minute subs on 09:18 - Oct 18 with 921 viewsPinewoodblue

90th minute subs on 06:25 - Oct 18 by CanadianBlue

I can understand a disruption substitution during a period of high intensity in the 50th-70th minute periods. Maybe even in the 80ths (mostly the pacy winger/striker sub for the tired defense). 90th minute is just extending the game and adding to your player's mental fatigue.

Lambert regularly does later subs. If you're wanting to rest a player, get a player more minutes, change systems or exploit a found weakness, why not put players on earlier and let them get the opportunities to influence the game?

Nolan came on at 74th. Bennett at 84th. Simpson at 94th.

Max 15 minutes of a 90 minute game to make an impact is a hard task for anyone, let alone a player in League 1. Especially a young player such as Simpson.

Guess I'd rather see subs in the 50th-70th minute area to give players chance to put their mark on the game. We love to see our young players come through but how can they with 1 min of League One football? Was it worth Simpson missing 90+ mins of U23 football for a 60sec cameo? (admittedly, maybe he'll take from this game to shoot and not pass to Dozzell!)

Probably a good thing I'm not a football manager :P

The youngsters aren’t on a great wage and no doubt get extra for bring in the squad, going on as sub , and then a win bonus. Not a wise move with a defender but perfectly acceptable with front men.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024