Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
James Wilson 16:59 - Oct 17 with 2601 viewsurbanblue

Superb today. Didn't put a foot wrong and won everything. ... Would never have believed when he first signed that he would be the player he now is.
James Wilson on 17:02 - Oct 17 with 2543 viewsTampa_Florida_Blue

I sometimes dont think he gets appreciated for what he do.
James Wilson on 17:03 - Oct 17 with 2529 viewsclive_baker

I was going to say similar. I've been critical of him in the past, and I'm not convinced he's great on the ball but he's started the season so well. Reads the game excellently, wins so much in the air, organises well.

A bit of an unsung hero thus far. You can't have a team of Bishops and Dozzell's without the Wilson's and Judge's that do a lot of donkey work with little recognition. Both have had their knockers in the past for valid reasons but post the Covid break I've been really impressed.

Notable mention for Kenny today too, looks like he's growing in confidence. Much better 2nd half and relatively comfortable in the end.

Uppa towen.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

James Wilson on 17:04 - Oct 17 with 2496 viewsHerbivore

He was excellent to be fair. Toto was solid again and used the ball fairly well.

Chambers is bossing ting this season as well.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

James Wilson on 17:05 - Oct 17 with 2488 viewsStokieBlue

Spot on.

Yet before every match we still get threads saying how he needs to be dropped because of Wolfie.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

James Wilson on 17:05 - Oct 17 with 2487 viewsdepressed

Agree, he looks fairly settled alongside Toto, who also was solid.

Kickit

James Wilson on 17:06 - Oct 17 with 2452 viewsButterbing

With about ten minutes to go the commentators said something along the lines of “lets hope it’s not attack versus defence for the rest of the game”. My thought was “bring it on”. I would never have thought I’d have that confidence in a defence of Chambers, Nsiala, Wilson and Kenlock. I think all four deserve a lot of credit today.
James Wilson on 17:12 - Oct 17 with 2390 viewsurbanblue

James Wilson on 17:05 - Oct 17 by StokieBlue

Spot on.

Yet before every match we still get threads saying how he needs to be dropped because of Wolfie.

SB

Ahem

James Wilson on 17:14 - Oct 17 with 2368 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Indeed, again back four very solid today. Nsiala and Wilson building a very good partnership, thought Chambers was very good again today.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Login to get fewer ads

James Wilson on 17:22 - Oct 17 with 2293 viewsjayessess

Think he's actually looked much better on the ball this season. I remember last year telling a friend who came to watch us that Wilson was an agricultural stopper, that 90% of his touches ended up with him booting it out for a throw in. But, he's passing neatly, carrying the ball out from the back, looking technically pretty sound!

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

James Wilson on 17:27 - Oct 17 with 2246 viewsStokieBlue

James Wilson on 17:12 - Oct 17 by urbanblue

Ahem

Fair point.

I've changed my mind though and I also didn't start that thread. I didn't expect Wilson to maintain his level but if anything he's getting better with each match.

I was referencing today when there was a thread before the match saying Wilson had to be dropped for Wolfie.

SB
[Post edited 17 Oct 2020 17:29]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

James Wilson on 17:32 - Oct 17 with 2204 viewsurbanblue

James Wilson on 17:27 - Oct 17 by StokieBlue

Fair point.

I've changed my mind though and I also didn't start that thread. I didn't expect Wilson to maintain his level but if anything he's getting better with each match.

I was referencing today when there was a thread before the match saying Wilson had to be dropped for Wolfie.

SB
[Post edited 17 Oct 2020 17:29]

Just joshing Stokie ... I did sort of 'semi' agree with you at the time.
James Wilson on 19:35 - Oct 17 with 1927 viewsHeadWestBlue

Toto and James Wilson have been solid.

I believe it was only through an unfortunate injury that The Wolf did not start the first game of the season.I am aware the same happened to Toto last year.

Last season I recall The Wolf breaking forward to set up Jackson for the first goal in a 4-1 win over Accrington. Now that was really SUPERB! Clubs from higher up the leagues were showing interest.

My question is not one of who should start first, I understand the mentality about keeping a settled and winning partnership.

I remain curious to see what happens if we keep The Wolf in a Den (on the bench ) for too long.
At work we would call this the depreciation of an asset.
James Wilson on 20:27 - Oct 17 with 1819 viewsLusor

Some excellent interceptions in the Skuse mould, anticipating dangerous through balls, stepping in in timely fashion, then distributing accurately
James Wilson on 20:34 - Oct 17 with 1782 viewsJ2BLUE

Our fans will never learn. How many times in recent years have we seen uninspiring signings come in and do a really good job? By all means say you're uninspired as i'm sure I did when he signed but then you have to give players a chance.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

James Wilson on 20:35 - Oct 17 with 1777 viewstextbackup

Toto and WIlson are hugely benefiting from having very good footballers infront of them.

they dont need to do anything but defend and pass it 5 yards to doz, bish etc.

I dare say if they had skuse sitting ahead of them, and they had to try play the ball out more that they'd struggle.

but happy days, if its working then great

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

James Wilson on 21:10 - Oct 17 with 1669 viewsChrisd

Both Nsiala and Wilson have both really surprised me. Wilson I have never seen as the solution to our CB issues, but credit where it is due he's certainly stepped up, playing well and he knows he has to because Woolfenden is on the bench patiently waiting his turn if he puts in a poor shift, which seems to be inspiring him. Nsiala would go hand in hand with rash decision making or making a poor mistake in most games, but what I find really encouraging is that we aren't talking about him negatively, which means he's doing his job and doing it very well. They are both certainly forming a very good partnership this season and bringing the best out of each other, long may it continue!

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

James Wilson on 21:10 - Oct 17 with 1668 viewsGarv

James Wilson on 20:35 - Oct 17 by textbackup

Toto and WIlson are hugely benefiting from having very good footballers infront of them.

they dont need to do anything but defend and pass it 5 yards to doz, bish etc.

I dare say if they had skuse sitting ahead of them, and they had to try play the ball out more that they'd struggle.

but happy days, if its working then great

Considering that if Skuse was indeed playing they would be getting the ball straight back most times they gave it to him, I make you correct.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

James Wilson on 00:07 - Oct 18 with 1401 viewsbraveblue

James Wilson on 20:27 - Oct 17 by Lusor

Some excellent interceptions in the Skuse mould, anticipating dangerous through balls, stepping in in timely fashion, then distributing accurately

Skuse!!!!! Midfielder. We are really missing him!!!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024