Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Good win, poor performance 17:05 - Oct 17 with 6448 viewsBluefish

We will keep ignoring that until it is too late again though

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Good win, poor performance on 17:06 - Oct 17 with 3810 viewshomer_123

A team capable of winning when not playing well and having an injury crisis isn't a bad thing.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Good win, poor performance on 17:06 - Oct 17 with 3805 viewstiptreeblue

Second half poor?
Good win, poor performance on 17:07 - Oct 17 with 3804 viewsRyorry

FOBF

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Good win, poor performance on 17:07 - Oct 17 with 3803 viewsSomethingBlue

Second half was fine.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Good win, poor performance on 17:07 - Oct 17 with 3787 viewsBluefish

Good win, poor performance on 17:07 - Oct 17 by SomethingBlue

Second half was fine.

2nd half was average at best, 1st half was utterly dire

It wouldn't be so bad if the issues weren't so obvious and being repeated

Good win, poor performance on 17:08 - Oct 17 with 3767 viewsnodge_blue

Poor first half but better second.

You really expect the club to sack a manager when the team is unbeaten and top of the league?

Chris Sutton would have a field day!

Sometimes teams will have good spells against us. I do know what you are saying, we looked devoid of quality first half, but you have to say that it did turn around.
[Post edited 17 Oct 2020 17:09]

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Good win, poor performance on 17:09 - Oct 17 with 3759 viewsNthQldITFC

I try not to comment directly about other posters, but I really don't understand you. I'm sure you're not anti-Ipswich, but if it's supposed to be funny or ironic, I just don't get it, because it's actually just boring.
[Post edited 17 Oct 2020 17:15]

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Good win, poor performance on 17:09 - Oct 17 with 3735 viewshomer_123

Good win, poor performance on 17:07 - Oct 17 by Bluefish

1st half was indeed pants.

But credit where its due...2nd half saw some good football at times.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Login to get fewer ads

Good win, poor performance on 17:09 - Oct 17 with 3732 viewsSuffolktractor

Manager deserves a lot of credit for changing things at half time. Second half we were excellent, against a decent side.
Cheer up.
Good win, poor performance on 17:10 - Oct 17 with 3713 viewsSomethingBlue

What have this season's glaring issues been?

Good win, poor performance on 17:10 - Oct 17 with 3706 viewsFixed_It

Desperate. Stop digging.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Good win, poor performance on 17:11 - Oct 17 with 3682 viewstiptreeblue

Nobody will be the best team every day, sometimes you have to work out how to beat them, then have the courage to do it, if you can`t comprehend that, then i feel sorry for you
Good win, poor performance on 17:12 - Oct 17 with 3653 viewsSwailsey

You’re clutching now dude.

I dislike PL more than any other town manager in the past, but there’s nothing to complain about second half there at all.

He’s doing the opposite of everything he was doing wrong last year:

Not playing young players
Switching formations all the time
Hoofing it
Playing slow football

It’s all changed. The man doesn’t appeal to me at all and I’d rather he wasn’t our manager, but what more do you want?

Edwards is clearly a decent player too by the way.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Good win, poor performance on 17:12 - Oct 17 with 3627 viewsBluefish

Good win, poor performance on 17:08 - Oct 17 by nodge_blue

Poor first half but better second.

You really expect the club to sack a manager when the team is unbeaten and top of the league?

Chris Sutton would have a field day!

Sometimes teams will have good spells against us. I do know what you are saying, we looked devoid of quality first half, but you have to say that it did turn around.
[Post edited 17 Oct 2020 17:09]

I don't expect to sack him now while top but he should be firmly in last chance saloon, final written warning territory and shouldn't still be here. It is obvious that he still is not good enough especially for the ridiculous salary (he is given the allowances of a novice). Waiting until it is too late again could mean we never return due to the salary caps for next year

Good win, poor performance on 17:13 - Oct 17 with 3623 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Think good win, tale of two halves is a more balanced post.

Poor first half, very poor. Good second half, and given injury crisis in that central role I think we’ve done well out of that today.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Good win, poor performance on 17:13 - Oct 17 with 3607 viewslowhouseblue

strong second half. overall a deserved result.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Good win, poor performance on 17:15 - Oct 17 with 3561 viewsSomethingBlue

Good win, poor performance on 17:12 - Oct 17 by Bluefish

I don't expect to sack him now while top but he should be firmly in last chance saloon, final written warning territory and shouldn't still be here. It is obvious that he still is not good enough especially for the ridiculous salary (he is given the allowances of a novice). Waiting until it is too late again could mean we never return due to the salary caps for next year

I see you - you're going to set impossible standards this season, however we do, so that you can't ever be wrong.

Good win, poor performance on 17:16 - Oct 17 with 3528 viewsBluefish

Good win, poor performance on 17:10 - Oct 17 by SomethingBlue

What have this season's glaring issues been?

Not sure there is any point trying to go through it with you

We clearly have problems in the final 3rd. It has been there all season and we are trying anything to make it work by moving the same player round. We are winning games but at least 3 games have been a complete slog

The echo chamber of this place doesn't want to hear that though just like they didn't want to hear it last season

Good win, poor performance on 17:18 - Oct 17 with 3479 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Chill BF. Open a bottle of wine mate, I have.
Decent 2nd half, some good football played, 3 points and top of the league.
Enjoy your Saturday evening.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Good win, poor performance on 17:19 - Oct 17 with 3477 viewsBluefish

Good win, poor performance on 17:15 - Oct 17 by SomethingBlue

I see you - you're going to set impossible standards this season, however we do, so that you can't ever be wrong.

Put simply, if Mick delivered that performance there would be uproar but that was a textbook Lambert performance.

I see you though, you won't have him criticised just like through his whole time at the club. When we limped down in last place or when we finished 11th in division 3

Good win, poor performance on 17:20 - Oct 17 with 3436 viewspointofblue

Good win, poor performance on 17:06 - Oct 17 by homer_123

A team capable of winning when not playing well and having an injury crisis isn't a bad thing.

To be fair we said the same last year and eventually the wheels fell off.

That first half performance was awful and too many repeats of that will see us caught out eventually. Doncaster, for example, will make hay on Tuesday.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Good win, poor performance on 17:21 - Oct 17 with 3423 viewsnodge_blue

Good win, poor performance on 17:12 - Oct 17 by Bluefish

I think that whilst we stay too 6 then that’s got to be considered ok. So what’s the definition of too late again?

We are a little light weight physically in our forwards and midfielders. I think we will have spells where we get out muscled. But second half we used the ball so much better and negated the physical side.

We don’t look world beaters. But then nor did Coventry.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Good win, poor performance on 17:22 - Oct 17 with 3408 viewsFixed_It

Good win, poor performance on 17:16 - Oct 17 by Bluefish

Not sure there is any point trying to go through it with you

We clearly have problems in the final 3rd. It has been there all season and we are trying anything to make it work by moving the same player round. We are winning games but at least 3 games have been a complete slog

The echo chamber of this place doesn't want to hear that though just like they didn't want to hear it last season

Have you seen the league table? And no - I don't mean the fact that we are top, or the fact that we have more points than everyone else. Look at the Goal Difference. You can tell a lot about performances from that stat alone. I don't think we are 'struggling' in the final third as much as you like to make out.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Good win, poor performance on 17:25 - Oct 17 with 3365 viewsBasuco

Great changes by Lambo at halftime, not players but shape and tactics, couldn't quite make out what was changed other than Andre and Emyr swopping over.
Good win, poor performance on 17:25 - Oct 17 with 3350 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

Whilst I get what you are saying, if we are to rate that as a poor overall performance/good result type of game I think we need to distinguish it from the poor performance/good result games from last season because I don't think the two equate.

Chambers, Wilson and Kenlock all seemed to be largely comfortable all game really. Nsiala too though he did have to get lucky on a couple of occasions. Holy saved well when he had to and dealt comfortably with the long balls into the box which are a clear part of the Accrington game plan.

As pedestrian as the midfield/forward threesomes were in the first half there were definite improvements in the second half both in terms of pace and speed of thought. That and the switch of the front three lead obviously to the goals but also to us looking much more threatening (a low bar when compared against the first half I admit).

Again as others have said, despite that poor first half, the game plan wasn't abandoned and Town were more successful in trying to play football.

So whilst the poor first half doesn't allow me to rate the overall performance as much beyond middling, the improvements in the second half don't really warrant labelling that the way you have particularly when compared to the poor performances last season where we managed to scrape results.

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024