Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I find it very odd 20:59 - Oct 17 with 1187 viewsGuthrum

That anyone would have a hard time with items being described as veggie/vegan burgers, sausages, etc. (as per this: https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2020/oct/16/eu-ban-veggie-burger-label-p ).

Those terms describe the form of the food, not its composition. Plus they are a direct equivalent and always prefaced with the descriptor implying a lack of meat.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

I find it very odd on 21:02 - Oct 17 with 1156 viewsJ2BLUE

'Farmers and meat lobbyists'

Say no more...

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

I find it very odd on 21:06 - Oct 17 with 1141 viewsericclacton

That's right, i bought some baby carrots on Friday and added them to my lentil stew they were very tasty but they made me feel guilty is this normal for me you see i normally eat adult carrots.

I find it very odd on 21:09 - Oct 17 with 1117 viewsPendejo

Is this a subtle pro-Brexit post?

Or the posting of a subtle pro-Brexit article in Grauniad?

Did the meat lobby object to "Turkey Twizzlers"? Given that didn't have much turkey or twizzle?

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

I find it very odd on 21:10 - Oct 17 with 1110 viewsPendejo

I find it very odd on 21:06 - Oct 17 by ericclacton

That's right, i bought some baby carrots on Friday and added them to my lentil stew they were very tasty but they made me feel guilty is this normal for me you see i normally eat adult carrots.

So the meat lobby think you think you are eating real babies...?

uberima fides

I find it very odd on 21:12 - Oct 17 with 1101 viewsJ2BLUE

I find it very odd on 21:06 - Oct 17 by ericclacton

When I said I had baby corn as part of my dinner one night my mate asked me, with no sign that it was a joke whatsoever, why I didn't just eat adult corn.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

I find it very odd on 21:18 - Oct 17 with 1081 viewsericclacton

I find it very odd on 21:10 - Oct 17 by Pendejo

So the meat lobby think you think you are eating real babies...?

Well yes and do you know anything about the people who are trying to hide from the facts which as far as i can see the meat lobby are comfortable with the whole underlying facts, i think.
I find it very odd on 21:21 - Oct 17 with 1077 viewsPendejo

I find it very odd on 21:18 - Oct 17 by ericclacton

Well yes and do you know anything about the people who are trying to hide from the facts which as far as i can see the meat lobby are comfortable with the whole underlying facts, i think.

Like sawdust in sausages and horse instead of beef... Are they the underlying facts they're comfortable with?

uberima fides

I find it very odd on 21:28 - Oct 17 with 1051 viewsericclacton

I find it very odd on 21:12 - Oct 17 by J2BLUE

When I said I had baby corn as part of my dinner one night my mate asked me, with no sign that it was a joke whatsoever, why I didn't just eat adult corn.

I can relate to that, I've had baby beetroot on my dinner party table and my guests wouldn't speak to me and they didn't touch their meals, one man said why on earth don't i pull myself together and sort my life out, i felt as though i had blood on my hands as i poured the wine.

Login to get fewer ads

I find it very odd on 21:29 - Oct 17 with 1042 viewsericclacton

I find it very odd on 21:21 - Oct 17 by Pendejo

Like sawdust in sausages and horse instead of beef... Are they the underlying facts they're comfortable with?

I think so.

I find it very odd on 21:51 - Oct 17 with 993 viewsSwansea_Blue

If anyone can rule over the correct usage of the words hamburger and sausage, it’s probably the Europeans in fairness.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

I find it very odd on 21:51 - Oct 17 with 992 viewsericclacton

I find it very odd on 23:47 - Oct 17 with 892 viewsBlueBadger

Right wing political correctness gone mad. Calling people racist/homophobic/etc names is OK, but god forbid the word 'vegan' goes in front of a sausage.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

I find it very odd on 00:34 - Oct 18 with 853 viewsEly_Blue

Meat industry trying to protect their “brands”

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

I find it very odd on 12:10 - Oct 18 with 693 viewsElephantintheRoom

As a non-veggie-vegan food fantasist it seems pretty reasonable not to call a tube of veg mush a sausage or a circle of veg mush a burger.

Although once you go down these roads, where do you stop.... might have to start calling crisps chips when the Brexit-bonus mega trade deal is done with the US of A

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024