Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
As so many of you are rattled by my opinions 10:11 - Oct 18 with 3915 viewsBluefish

I'll try some questions to break it down.

Is Edwards good at controlling the ball or close control dribbling? How does he compare to other players? Is he particularly good at passing?

Is PRP repeating mistakes and getting it wrong still? Is Edwards much better on the left than right? Did he start him on the right and then move him back to the right again later in the game?

Would Woolfenden improve our team? Why is he waiting until we lose to improve us? Why did we sign mcguiness if he isn't going to start?

Some concerns on the midfield 3 still but will wait and see on that

Don't forget if you can't answer just post about look at me, do listing or general abuse

Cheers

Lambert out

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

As so many of you are rattled by my opinions on 10:25 - Oct 18 with 2084 viewsDarth_Koont

Uneasy lies the head that wears a crown.

Pronouns: He/Him

As so many of you are rattled by my opinions on 10:31 - Oct 18 with 2058 viewsJeff_winger

1. Edwards was poor first half touch was awful at times, bit last week his touch was spot on to take control of a ball coming across the park at speed. Not the greatest player we have had on the wing but one of the best in third tier.

2. Obviously his touch and close control no where near as good as dozzel or bishop but different type of player and Edwards finishing has been top notch this season , don't think a player at this level is going to be complete package.

3.playing Edwards on right when he is so confident on the left was madness and a mistake, I worry PL is stubborn enough to repeat this mistake aswell.

4. If woolfeden is fit and ready he massively improves us but we are winning and toto although shocking at playing out from the back has probably been better at getting his head on crosses and handling lumps in this league, better than wolf wood. Wilson played well yesterday .
Long term wolfenden needs to be in the team though.

5. Mcguniess is good cover if he and arsenal are happy with that arrangement, can't see we would go for inexperience of wolfenden and mcguniess together, if we want wolf he needs to be with toto, chambers or Wilson
As so many of you are rattled by my opinions on 10:32 - Oct 18 with 2047 viewsMullet

As so many of you are rattled by my opinions on 10:25 - Oct 18 by Darth_Koont

Uneasy lies the head that wears a crown.

I like Fishers, and he's not always wrong. However, I fear for him.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

As so many of you are rattled by my opinions on 10:39 - Oct 18 with 2021 viewsNthsuffolkblue

"Rattled". Try looking it up in a dictionary ... although you do seem to be able to get too many of us to bite.

Try looking at the goals he has scored this season and you will see the answer to your first question is a resounding yes. In fact, to prove us wrong, perhaps you could share a few clips of his total inability to control a football. Since he is so inept they should be very easy to find! Passing is not as strong as the others but certainly better than the average League 1 footballer I have seen over the last season and a bit.

I believe Edwards is better on the left as is Judge and as is Sears. I think Sears should have played through the middle and Lambert changed that. You are determined to focus on the negatives with Lambert and it appears to be worrying you that even you are struggling to convince anyone with them at the moment.

Very difficult to say with Woolfenden. I rate him very highly and think Hurst should have given him a chance in the Championship after a very good debut. However, I have seen nothing to suggest he would be half as good as Wilson was yesterday so I would say right now, no. Why do you suggest we should destroy the confidence Nsiala and Wilson have built up by chopping and changing the team (one of the mistakes you accused Lambert of last year).

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

As so many of you are rattled by my opinions on 10:40 - Oct 18 with 2015 viewspointofblue

1) To be fair, if Edwards was brilliant at everything he wouldn’t be with us. If he continues this kind of form we’ll be lucky to keep hold of him in January. He’s our creator and key goal scorer; he is the most important player in the squad right now and therefore I expect him to pick up an injury and be out for at least three months any time now.

2) I can’t disagree with you with his starting formation yesterday; playing Judge as a false nine with Edwards on the wrong side was baffling though, slightly strangely, Edwards did have some joy on the right in the first half and went very quiet when he switched to the left a few minutes before half time. The second half was a different matter. There was no logic to the starting plan and I hope Lambert isn’t going to try and over-complicate things again.

3) This is a tough one as I see both sides of the argument. Nsiala and Wilson have done absolutely nothing wrong this season so do not deserve to be dropped but their lack of ability to play out of the back did hinder us without Hawkins there to hold up the long ball. I can see Lambert’s point of view, desperately needed after the mess of last season, that they need to do something wrong in order to warrant losing their place in the line up.

The signing of McGuinness is a fourth centre back option and it does make me wonder if KVY is out for longer than expected though, if so, why not sign a right back instead? Saying that, I think McGuinness is reasonably versatile and can play across the backline - he’s probably back up to Chambers as much as anyone at the moment.

4) The midfield conundrum is a headache and we’re seriously missing Downes’ influence on the game at times. However it is very creative and some of the play we’re putting together now is very good indeed. I wouldn’t be surprised to see a Nolan replace Huws and possibly Bennetts for Judge against at least one of Doncaster or Lincoln as three matches in a week may be deemed too much for them.

Of course the other factor is who has Jackson been close to in the squad if his test comes back positive?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

As so many of you are rattled by my opinions on 10:50 - Oct 18 with 1975 viewsgordon

I basically agree about a lot of this - Edwards doesn't have great ball control, particularly on the right-wing he just dribbles off the pitch a lot. On the left, somehow, he seems quite often to skin people really easily, and is really dangerous cutting in on his right-foot.

Thing is thought, at this level if he scores anything close to 1 in 2 off the wing, then he can dribble it off the pitch 5 times per match and he'll still be the most effective winger in the league.

Again, I agree completely with Woolfenden - having a centre-half comfortable enough on the ball to commit a defender would create lots of space for Dozzell and make us much more dangerous - but at the same time, Wilson and Nsiala are doing really well, and we are looking pretty solid at the back, barring the odd hairy moment with Toto on the ball.

Not playing Sears as a central striker first-half yesterday was nonsensical - in a half in that role he made one and scored one - he would probably be our most effective central striker if he was given a chance in that role, certainly more so than Hawkins or Norwood.

The truth is that most of the other teams in this league are pretty awful - Doncaster aren't though, so we'll see what happens in Tuesday - will be interesting to see what midfield 3 we field - I can see Lambert going with Huws, Nolan and Bishop in midfield and Judge, Sears and Edwards up front and us not seeing much of the ball.
As so many of you are rattled by my opinions on 10:55 - Oct 18 with 1948 viewsDyland

As so many of you are rattled by my opinions on 10:32 - Oct 18 by Mullet

I like Fishers too. I don't worry about him though, he loves it.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

As so many of you are rattled by my opinions on 10:58 - Oct 18 with 1933 viewsKropotkin123

I'm not rattled by your opinion, but I thought I'd give my honest opinion for the sample size...

Is Edwards good at controlling the ball or close control dribbling?

Yes, my evidence is the control for his goal against Blackpool after Chamber's excellent cross-field pass. Or in the first half against Accrington Stanley, when he controlled the ball close to the line, nutmegged the first opponent, dummied the second and put in a nice cross for Sears.

How does he compare to other players? Is he particularly good at passing?

I think his passing is of a lower standard than some players (Dozzell, Bishop) and a higher standard than other (Judge, Nolan). I don't think his highest attribute is his passing. I think he offers a better direct attacking threat.

Is PRP repeating mistakes and getting it wrong still?

He is not faultless. But there are less mistakes this time around. We have a clear and settled formation. Players are not chopped and changed regularly. Our passing in the final third has way more intent and creativity.

It is still very early on in the season, so this may be temporary good form. But there is certainly less warning signs than last year so far.

He definitely still makes mistakes, but no manager is faultless.

Is Edwards much better on the left than right? Did he start him on the right and then move him back to the right again later in the game?

Yes, but then the whole team were under-par in the first half and Edwards did get some joy, relative to other players, such as the good work down to right wing that I explained in the previous section.

Would Woolfenden improve our team? Why is he waiting until we lose to improve us?

I think Wilson and Toto have done well. If they were playing badly and we still stuck with them, then I'd really question it. But one of the issues last season was chopping and changing the team.

I'd rather see Wolf in the team, as it is good for his development and consequently our club. But whilst the other two are playing well and keeping clean sheets, he'll have to wait.

Why did we sign mcguiness if he isn't going to start?

I think part of it is seeing Chambers as the RB and not the CB. I think he has been brought in as decent cover initially and long term to go out and prove himself.
[Post edited 18 Oct 2020 12:09]

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Login to get fewer ads

As so many of you are rattled by my opinions on 10:59 - Oct 18 with 1935 viewsTrequartista

If you keep Wilson and Nsiala in they know they have to keep up these levels and Woolfenden knows he when he gets the chance he will have to play at a high level to keep his place = competition for places.

If you just put Woolfenden in now, Wilson or Nsiala know that whatever they do won't be good enough and Woolfenden knows he doesn't have to perform at the highest levels possible to keep his place.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

As so many of you are rattled by my opinions on 11:04 - Oct 18 with 1899 viewsPinewoodblue

As so many of you are rattled by my opinions on 10:59 - Oct 18 by Trequartista

If you keep Wilson and Nsiala in they know they have to keep up these levels and Woolfenden knows he when he gets the chance he will have to play at a high level to keep his place = competition for places.

If you just put Woolfenden in now, Wilson or Nsiala know that whatever they do won't be good enough and Woolfenden knows he doesn't have to perform at the highest levels possible to keep his place.

Excellent point well made.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

As so many of you are rattled by my opinions on 11:09 - Oct 18 with 1884 viewsMullet

As so many of you are rattled by my opinions on 10:55 - Oct 18 by Dyland

As someone who started a thread about lighting a candle for him whn Gwion got his first of the season, I felt a bit guilty seeing some of the stuff posted to bait him yesterday.

All a bit unsavoury old fella.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

As so many of you are rattled by my opinions on 11:12 - Oct 18 with 1863 viewsnodge_blue

I think you just like debate!

Edwards can be good at dribbling and close control. See his touch for second goal last week in particular. See his dribble yesterday that took him round the full back like he wasn't there. I think he's probably more effective at dribbling than say Freddie. And he can finish - which you could argue is more important than being great at passing.

PL is not making as many mistakes. His observations were pretty spot on yesterday that they pressed us with so much energy first half that they burnt out a bit second. I don't know why he switched the players at the start though.

How can you say Woolfenden would improve a defence thats not conceding much? How can you say as a manager play well and you keep your place, then justify dropping Wilson say.

We will lose a game or two soon. It happens. What will you be like then :-)

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

As so many of you are rattled by my opinions (n/t) (n/t) on 11:14 - Oct 18 with 1846 viewsStewart27

[Post edited 18 Oct 2020 11:15]
As so many of you are rattled by my opinions (n/t) on 11:16 - Oct 18 with 1820 viewsjaykay

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

As so many of you are rattled by my opinions on 11:21 - Oct 18 with 1784 viewsgordon

As so many of you are rattled by my opinions on 10:59 - Oct 18 by Trequartista

Yup - also, what if we stick Woolfenden in, and he makes a mistake in his first match? Do you then go back to Wilson/Nsiala, with their confidence a bit lower.

I know it isn't a great thing to say, but it wouldn't be a bad time for Wilson or Nsiala to pick up a little knock for a couple of games so we could see how Woolfenden did, it would make it much simpler - if he performed brilliantly he would keep his place, if not then we would go back to Wilson and Nsiala, with everyone's confidence in tact and the manager not falling out with anybody etc.
As so many of you are rattled by my opinions on 11:22 - Oct 18 with 1782 viewsDyland

As so many of you are rattled by my opinions on 11:09 - Oct 18 by Mullet

As someone who started a thread about lighting a candle for him whn Gwion got his first of the season, I felt a bit guilty seeing some of the stuff posted to bait him yesterday.

All a bit unsavoury old fella.

He's a big boy, and dishes it out, and I'm sure he can take it. I may be wrong of course, cos unlike Fishers I am NOT always right. About anything. Except booze, food, politics, science, philosophy, music, films, books, history, people, etc.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

As so many of you are rattled by my opinions (n/t) (n/t) on 11:24 - Oct 18 with 1767 viewsStewart27

As so many of you are rattled by my opinions (n/t) (n/t) on 11:14 - Oct 18 by Stewart27

[Post edited 18 Oct 2020 11:15]

Surely the amount or down votes you receive you can’t honestly believe that you are right and everybody else is wrong?

I can’t be arsed to analyse your entire post, as your views on Lambert and Edwards are well documented and quite frankly, boring.

However the comments you raised about Woolf and McGuiness are worthy of debate. I’m sure you’ve been quick to shoot down Lambert with regards to chopping and changing the team on another thread somewhere. Yet here you are saying that he should be starting Woolf and or McGuinness. 2 goals conceded in 6 games would say otherwise. It would be poor management to allow any of these 2 to step back into the team at the expense of Toto, Wilson or Chambo and would send a pretty bad message to any players that are currently playing well. Maybe he has actually learned from his mistakes ?

For what it’s worth Lambert is on last chance saloon with me but I don’t feel the need to constantly bang on about it. God knows. Maybe it’s because we’re top of the league?
As so many of you are rattled by my opinions on 11:40 - Oct 18 with 1724 viewsoldburian

As someone who has seen us play in the 3rd tier many years ago I look at Edwards as a goal scoring winger. In the fifties wingers were not expected to score regularly, Billy Reid for us and Stanley Matthews for everyone else. He is obviously more comfortable on the left, congratulations on Lambert for putting him there unlike some idiot last season playing him as right wing back last season. A bit like Tommy Docherty playing Ted MacDougal as a midfielder against us in 1969. Is Edwards good as controlling the ball? The last goal at Blackpool should answer that.
We are in the third tier and have third tier players, I think half of them would be able to play in the Championship but we have to get there first. The Woolfenden situation has been more than answered by those before me. Edwards has five goals and yesterdays was a game changer, well taken. He would get into any League one side at the moment.
At least this arguement is about Ipswich football which is what this board should be about.
As so many of you are rattled by my opinions on 11:49 - Oct 18 with 1690 viewsreusersfreekicks

As so many of you are rattled by my opinions on 10:32 - Oct 18 by Mullet

Yep, have undertaken not to reply directly to him anymore as this has developed into an unhealthy obsession on his part
As so many of you are rattled by my opinions on 12:02 - Oct 18 with 1650 viewsJDB23

If you only focus on the negative aspects of every player then you would say we are a team full of non league players.

Does Edwards contribute goals and assists? (He did in the Championship btw and still not from his best position). Is he a composed finisher for a winger? Does he get into good positions, especially coming in at the back post? Does he provide good defensive cover from wide positions? etc.

Obviously he has flaws, he wouldn't be with us if he didn't, but he offers a genuine threat for us. Do you think he should be dropped?

The rest of your post are concerns I also share, but I don't think you can drop either Nsiala or Wilson given they have played well and only conceded 2. Regardless of if you think it has potential to improve the team, it would send the wrong message.
As so many of you are rattled by my opinions on 12:44 - Oct 18 with 1546 viewsIllinoisblue

As so many of you are rattled by my opinions on 10:55 - Oct 18 by Dyland

Any valid points he does make are negated by his hysterical trolling and attention seeking. If TWTD was a pub he’d have been either barred or received a kicking from the regulars.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

As so many of you are rattled by my opinions on 12:52 - Oct 18 with 1510 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

As so many of you are rattled by my opinions on 12:55 - Oct 18 with 1492 viewsNewcyBlue

As so many of you are rattled by my opinions on 12:44 - Oct 18 by Illinoisblue

Any valid points he does make are negated by his hysterical trolling and attention seeking. If TWTD was a pub he’d have been either barred or received a kicking from the regulars.

Nah, Fishers is a decent bloke. I’ve never understood the bile spat his way.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

As so many of you are rattled by my opinions on 13:00 - Oct 18 with 1472 viewsTheBoyBlue

Lambert got it wrong to start off with yesterday, worrying because it was blatantly obvious to everyone even before kick-off. Generally though, we are doing better this season largely because Lambert has generally kept the messing about to a minimum, although that in itself is pretty damning.

In regards to Woolfenden , I don't see anything wrong with him sitting it out whilst the team are doing well. One of the major criticisms of Lambert last season was that he messed about too much with team selection rather than allow a winning team to get settled together and more generally we've suffered here from certain players just walking into the team no matter what. Woolfy is a professional, he'll know why he's out and when he does get in he'll know he'll have to be at his best to stay in, which will benefit us.

Nothing wrong with the midfield, it's the best part of the team.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

As so many of you are rattled by my opinions on 13:05 - Oct 18 with 1445 viewsSomethingBlue

As so many of you are rattled by my opinions on 12:55 - Oct 18 by NewcyBlue

Nah, Fishers is a decent bloke. I’ve never understood the bile spat his way.

I doubt anyone who posts here is not a decent person "IRL" but you can surely see what the problem is in this case.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024