Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Yesterday 11:29 - Oct 18 with 915 viewsBasuco

Good performance but could have been a goal or two down at half time, a few changes made at half time and the win was never in doubt, Toto and Wilson again solid in defence, Chambo and Kenlock both had good games with few crosses coming in from wide positions, Emyr and Bish controlled midfield second half with the confidence that Dozzell was behind them protecting the back four. There is a concern that on another day we could have been punished in the first half, but Accrington burnt themselves out in the first half and faded badly in the second. COYB's.

Forgot to add, Gwion MOM, he kept the Accrington defence very busy and scared to push forward all game, very good on and off the ball.
[Post edited 18 Oct 2020 12:07]
Yesterday on 11:35 - Oct 18 with 888 viewsDanTheMan

Could we have been one or two down? There was a few long range shots, and then that clearance that unfortunately hit Dozzell but other than that, I don't recall them really threatening. We had the best two chances when Sears was played through by Judge and then Edwards' cross that found its way to Sears too.

We definitely didn't play better in the first half for sure, but they never really broke us down.

You are right though, a better team would have probably been more punishing if we played the way we did.
[Post edited 18 Oct 2020 11:37]

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Yesterday on 11:37 - Oct 18 with 879 viewsDarth_Koont

Agreed. We didn’t have any sort of hold on the game in the first half.

With a settled side and formation, we seem to have much more of a focus on shape this season. So it was good to see that by improving our shape (rather than chucking on new players or trying a new formation) that we got back into the game and took control.

Pronouns: He/Him

Yesterday on 11:44 - Oct 18 with 844 viewsSamWhiteUK

Yesterday on 11:35 - Oct 18 by DanTheMan

Could we have been one or two down? There was a few long range shots, and then that clearance that unfortunately hit Dozzell but other than that, I don't recall them really threatening. We had the best two chances when Sears was played through by Judge and then Edwards' cross that found its way to Sears too.

We definitely didn't play better in the first half for sure, but they never really broke us down.

You are right though, a better team would have probably been more punishing if we played the way we did.

I thin we could have been, in the same way we could have been one or two up. There were no guarantees in the first half. Second half, though, once we scored, we looked pretty comfortable. Holy still had a couple of saves to make, but we never looked like losing
Yesterday on 12:12 - Oct 18 with 818 viewsWickets

I dont think we played great first half but same as we have done in a couple of other games this season we came on well second half . It is worth a mention that although Accrington perhaps where a bit better that us first half we also had a couple of decent chances, Freddy i think. The match stats maybe tell a story as they had 16 shots but only one was from inside our box ,Town on the other hand had 11 shots 9 of which were from inside the box .
Yesterday on 12:40 - Oct 18 with 767 viewsGarv

They had several openings but crucially, as Stu Watson pointed out, few of their shots came from inside the box.

I didn't particularly enjoy watching Kenlock. He doesn't need more people putting him down but I've got to be honest. Like most he improved second half though. Be interesting when Ward is fit.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Yesterday on 12:41 - Oct 18 with 757 viewsGarv

Why on earth didn't Holy pick that ball up, by the way?

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Yesterday on 12:48 - Oct 18 with 736 viewsChrisd

Yesterday on 12:41 - Oct 18 by Garv

I was more encouraged that he was decisive and made the decision to come. Yes, the kick wasn't great, but he was committed to the decision and didn't hesitate. To me that was better than allow things to develop. Nothing worse than a hesitant keeper, who’s caught in no man's land.
[Post edited 18 Oct 2020 14:40]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Yesterday on 12:50 - Oct 18 with 727 viewsDanTheMan

Yesterday on 12:41 - Oct 18 by Garv

Having just watched it back, the only thing I can think of is that he wasn't 100% sure if it was going to be inside the box by the time it got to him, so might as well be safe and boot it. It was fairly close and the other lad would have got there before Edwards I reckon.

If it doesn't hit Dozzell, I don't think I'd have given it a second thought.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Login to get fewer ads

Yesterday on 15:28 - Oct 18 with 577 viewsGeoffSentence

The 'could have been a couple down at half time' statement seems to ignore the chances we had and missed.

We could indeed have been a couple down at half time, but then so could they. Which makes that kind of statement a bit redundant.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Yesterday on 15:53 - Oct 18 with 553 viewsbilllm

Yesterday on 15:28 - Oct 18 by GeoffSentence

The 'could have been a couple down at half time' statement seems to ignore the chances we had and missed.

We could indeed have been a couple down at half time, but then so could they. Which makes that kind of statement a bit redundant.

Agree, if sears had his shooting boots on we could have been 2 up
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024