Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Next Few Games 12:22 - Oct 18 with 1497 viewsKropotkin123

When we played Accrington Stanley they started the game in sixth and we ended up with a comfortable result.

Doncaster (away - seventh), Lincoln (away - third) and Gillingham (home - eighth) are up next. What are people expecting from these games?

I'll be disappointed if we don't beat Gillingham. But I'm not so sure what to make of Lincoln and Doncaster.
[Post edited 18 Oct 2020 12:22]

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Next Few Games on 12:24 - Oct 18 with 1464 viewssuffolkpoker

I would like to think we get 5 or 6 points.

Hopefully we can keep the run going, we need to learn to bounce after a defeat

Poll: Should Hewitt play for the Gulls in the 2nd round of the FA Cup

Next Few Games on 12:29 - Oct 18 with 1453 viewsSomethingBlue

I expect a defeat on Tuesday and *something* from Lincoln. Emerging unbeaten from these two would have us looking in fine shape though. We ought to beat Gillingham.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Next Few Games on 12:36 - Oct 18 with 1421 viewsChrisd

These set of games are the first real test for us this season, it'll be really interesting to see how we get on. Doncaster were a good footballing side, last season they outplayed us at PR and I cant see that changing much for this campaign, I'm sure they'll be encouraged to keep the ball on the deck by Moore. Appleton is doing a good job at Lincoln and they seem to playing a bit more football rather than being a direct side relying on set pieces. Although they got 'a tonking' from Liverpool in the League Cup, they looked decent at times and did cause them some problems. Make no mistake both these away games are going to be tough encounters, but it's probably exactly what we need at this moment in time to see where we are really at.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Next Few Games on 12:41 - Oct 18 with 1396 viewsTheBoyBlue

From a momentum perspective it would be good to stay unbeaten at least, although we need to win at least one of those. These will be our first proper test of whether we are better placed than last season to challenge for promotion.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

Next Few Games on 12:53 - Oct 18 with 1347 viewspointofblue

At this stage I’d be perfectly happy with five points or more; even four may be sufficient. It’d grate if we got four plus points from Doncaster and Lincoln then lost to Gillingham, though.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Next Few Games on 12:57 - Oct 18 with 1328 viewsAce_High1

it is League 1 - win every game.

100 points 100 goals.
Next Few Games on 12:58 - Oct 18 with 1331 viewsParisBlue

Followed by Crews and Sunderland.

Altogether 6 games in 18 days.

You'd like to think that the size of our squad will be useful as injuries and suspensions hit all teams. 8 games in December as well.

Also, if Gwion keeps playing as he is I wonder if Giggs might call him up for the next international break in which case bringing the Blackpool game forward will look like an inspired decision.

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

Next Few Games on 15:03 - Oct 18 with 1137 viewsBent_double

Even at this early stage, it looks like Hull, Sunderland and Pboro are going to be very strong this season, with 2 of them coming up in November, stating the bleedin' obvious, we need to be able to beat one or other of those if we are to consider ourselves promotion candidates.

The guy who does the L1&2 summarising on the Quest highlights show mentioned the obvious yesterday - that we are doing exactly what we did last season before falling off a cliff, but he was convinced we are looking better/stronger and winning games better than last season - something we all know, but good to hear from someone who clearly knows these leagues.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Login to get fewer ads

Next Few Games on 17:27 - Oct 18 with 993 viewstractorboy1978

Next Few Games on 12:29 - Oct 18 by SomethingBlue

I expect a defeat on Tuesday and *something* from Lincoln. Emerging unbeaten from these two would have us looking in fine shape though. We ought to beat Gillingham.

We ought to beat all three of them although we might not. We've nothing to fear and with no fans, home advantage doesn't count for a lot if anything.
Next Few Games on 21:54 - Oct 18 with 866 viewsxrayspecs

A bit of a cliché but if you win your home games and draw your away games you should get promoted with 92 points. So five points from next three games or better would be very positive.

We are also four points ahead of this target after six games, so not the end of the world if we do not get five points from our next three games.
(No subject) (n/t) on 15:38 - Nov 11 with 410 viewssuffolkpoker

Poll: Should Hewitt play for the Gulls in the 2nd round of the FA Cup

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024