Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The most important issue for the long-term safety of UK democracy 08:55 - Oct 19 with 1001 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Far too boring for most people to engage with, but the Government is seeking to combine an Enabling Act with attacks on the legal profession and a "review" of the concept of Judicial Revew, break International Law in order to "get Brexit done" and give powers to the Intelligence Community, undercover Police and others to BREAK THE ACTUAL FCKING LAW.

Here the retiring most senior Supreme Court Judge gently explains that this isn't good for our democracy:

https://www.theguardian.com/law/2020/oct/19/uk-needs-judges-to-limit-government-

The most important issue for the long-term safety of UK democracy on 09:19 - Oct 19 with 950 viewsElephantintheRoom

we havent got democracy in this country.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

The most important issue for the long-term safety of UK democracy on 09:25 - Oct 19 with 945 viewsGuthrum

It's what people voted for in 2019, despite advice from many quarters that it was a bad idea.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

The most important issue for the long-term safety of UK democracy on 10:58 - Oct 19 with 888 viewsOldsmoker

The most important issue for the long-term safety of UK democracy on 09:19 - Oct 19 by ElephantintheRoom

we havent got democracy in this country.

We do.
We only tick the one box though - elections every 5 years.
The last 2 being May/Corbyn and Johnson/Corbyn suggests the first prize is a date with Katie Hopkins and the second prize is 2 dates with Katie Hopkins.
It's a sham democracy really and as explained by the OP it's about to become even more of a sham.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

The most important issue for the long-term safety of UK democracy on 20:15 - Oct 19 with 767 viewsBluesquid

The most important issue for the long-term safety of UK democracy on 20:55 - Oct 19 with 726 viewsClapham_Junction

The most important issue for the long-term safety of UK democracy on 20:15 - Oct 19 by Bluesquid

As much as I'm unimpressed with Starmer, the idea that he has contributed to the damage Boris Johnson and the Tories have done to politics and the country in general is ridiculous.
The most important issue for the long-term safety of UK democracy on 21:18 - Oct 20 with 596 viewsBluesquid

The most important issue for the long-term safety of UK democracy on 20:55 - Oct 19 by Clapham_Junction

As much as I'm unimpressed with Starmer, the idea that he has contributed to the damage Boris Johnson and the Tories have done to politics and the country in general is ridiculous.

Well he is certainly a suitable 'dance' partner.

Did you miss the passing of the Covert Human Intelligent Sources Bill?

Which Sir Keir allowed the Tories to get through by ordering Labour MP's to abstain?
The most important issue for the long-term safety of UK democracy on 22:07 - Oct 20 with 544 viewsOldsmoker

This just in - it's war.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/picture/2020/oct/20/steve-bell-on-the-

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024