Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Miles Kenlock 09:27 - Oct 19 with 2650 viewsWickets

Another win on his Town CV .
Miles Kenlock on 09:27 - Oct 19 with 2522 viewsGeoffSentence

And he had a decent game.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Miles Kenlock on 09:29 - Oct 19 with 2511 viewsGuthrum

Miles Kenlock on 09:27 - Oct 19 by GeoffSentence

And he had a decent game.

He does seem to be another one who's producing much improved performances this season.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Miles Kenlock on 09:34 - Oct 19 with 2483 viewscatch74

Anyone able to give his win ratio for games started as a starter plus Edwards minutes per goal playing on the left this season.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Miles Kenlock on 09:50 - Oct 19 with 2444 viewsBlueandTruesince82

So far solid but not as dynamic as Ward.

I'm pleased for him but I don't see his long term future at Town... too one dimensional but v happy for him to keep proving me wrong

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Miles Kenlock on 09:55 - Oct 19 with 2437 viewsSomethingBlue

Credit to him, he's done well twice now against opponents who asked questions down his side. Ward will presumably come back in at the slightest sign of a drop-off, but Kenlock is exactly the kind of player we need to see step up when needed this season.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Miles Kenlock on 10:09 - Oct 19 with 2377 viewsHerbivore

He was okay at the weekend. Second half he was the most comfortable and assured I've seen in a while. He needs to try to add a bit more in possession, he turns inside and back a lot and narrows his options. Chambo is currently looking a far more dynamic full back on the opposite flank. Kenlock has covered well enough these two games though, but I can't see a scenario where Ward doesn't come back in when fully fit.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Miles Kenlock on 10:54 - Oct 19 with 2286 viewsDombeyBlue

Miles Kenlock on 10:09 - Oct 19 by Herbivore

He was okay at the weekend. Second half he was the most comfortable and assured I've seen in a while. He needs to try to add a bit more in possession, he turns inside and back a lot and narrows his options. Chambo is currently looking a far more dynamic full back on the opposite flank. Kenlock has covered well enough these two games though, but I can't see a scenario where Ward doesn't come back in when fully fit.

I assume Ward coming straight back in when fit would be Lambert playing "Lambingo" again.

I personally think Kenlock has done enough to keep his place. I also think Chambers should keep his place, even when KVY is eventually fit. I was never a fan of Chambers playing at Right Back, but he has been excellent so far, and he also gives Holy an out ball when he is being closed down by the opposition.
Miles Kenlock on 10:59 - Oct 19 with 2264 viewsHerbivore

Miles Kenlock on 10:54 - Oct 19 by DombeyBlue

I assume Ward coming straight back in when fit would be Lambert playing "Lambingo" again.

I personally think Kenlock has done enough to keep his place. I also think Chambers should keep his place, even when KVY is eventually fit. I was never a fan of Chambers playing at Right Back, but he has been excellent so far, and he also gives Holy an out ball when he is being closed down by the opposition.

No, it wouldn't be Lambingo. What an odd thing to say. Bringing our first choice left back in after a brief absence when his replacement has done okay but no more is not the same as making five changes and tinkering with the system nearly every week. Nobody has ever had a problem with making a couple of changes based on form, fitness, and return from injury.

The Chambers situation is rather different as he's played right back all season and has been one of our best players, so there is more of a case for KVY - who has been out for a year - not coming straight back in.

Login to get fewer ads

Miles Kenlock on 11:02 - Oct 19 with 2254 viewshype313

Miles Kenlock on 10:54 - Oct 19 by DombeyBlue

Ward should come straight back in when he's fit, whilst Kenlock has done a job, he's nowhere near as effective going forward as Ward.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Miles Kenlock on 11:06 - Oct 19 with 2237 viewsHerbivore

Miles Kenlock on 11:02 - Oct 19 by hype313

Ward should come straight back in when he's fit, whilst Kenlock has done a job, he's nowhere near as effective going forward as Ward.

Or defensively. Ward is a significant upgrade on Kenlock in all areas. Kenlock has done fine these last 2 games which is reassuring, but he's not as good as Ward and has hardly stood out in a way that makes him undroppable. Doing okay isn't a reason to not bring a better player back in after a few weeks out injured.

Miles Kenlock on 11:19 - Oct 19 with 2210 viewsDombeyBlue

Miles Kenlock on 11:06 - Oct 19 by Herbivore

Or defensively. Ward is a significant upgrade on Kenlock in all areas. Kenlock has done fine these last 2 games which is reassuring, but he's not as good as Ward and has hardly stood out in a way that makes him undroppable. Doing okay isn't a reason to not bring a better player back in after a few weeks out injured.

I do appreciate what you are saying, and I would not be against Ward coming straight back in, because he has been excellent.

It would be very hard on Kenlock, dropping him on the back of two good wins...

Only my opinion....
Miles Kenlock on 11:47 - Oct 19 with 2162 viewsHerbivore

Miles Kenlock on 11:19 - Oct 19 by DombeyBlue

I do appreciate what you are saying, and I would not be against Ward coming straight back in, because he has been excellent.

Only my opinion....

Sure, but in those two wins he's done okay and nothing more. If he'd provided goals or assists and been MOTM I'd absolutely agree with you that he should keep his place, no question. However, he's just done fine, which I'm happy to admit is better than I'd feared after some of his other recent performances, but for me it's not enough to justify him keeping the shirt ahead of Ward, who was playing far better than Kenlock has played in his appearances.

Miles Kenlock on 16:18 - Oct 19 with 1941 viewsWickets

Yer most of us would bring Ward in as soon as but it does make me chuckle that when Miles is in the team we seem to win not that it has been hard this season . It must help that the whole back four has been really good so they are all playing with confidence and long may that continue . I remember posting last season that Miles had been our left back for something like our first 6 or 7 games when we were top last season .
Miles Kenlock on 17:44 - Oct 19 with 1877 viewsIpswichBoyBlue

I have said it many times before, he is good enough for this level.
Miles Kenlock on 18:06 - Oct 19 with 1862 viewslmfcblue

Miles Kenlock on 11:47 - Oct 19 by Herbivore

Sure, but in those two wins he's done okay and nothing more. If he'd provided goals or assists and been MOTM I'd absolutely agree with you that he should keep his place, no question. However, he's just done fine, which I'm happy to admit is better than I'd feared after some of his other recent performances, but for me it's not enough to justify him keeping the shirt ahead of Ward, who was playing far better than Kenlock has played in his appearances.

I’m sure Kenlock knows he’s the no.2 left back, it happens in football play you’re first choice when fit.
Miles Kenlock on 18:17 - Oct 19 with 1847 viewsIpswichBoyBlue

If he plays enough this season, it might be the making of him. Confidence in a promotion winning side could do wonders for him.
Miles Kenlock on 18:26 - Oct 19 with 1834 viewsHerbivore

Miles Kenlock on 18:17 - Oct 19 by IpswichBoyBlue

If he plays enough this season, it might be the making of him. Confidence in a promotion winning side could do wonders for him.

I'm not convinced he's good enough but if he plays okay when called upon then that's a plus. Let's be honest, he's not been a standout performer in his two starts which is what he needed to have a shout if taking the shirt from Ward. He's done okay though and as a back up he will likely be fine.

Miles Kenlock on 18:49 - Oct 19 with 1814 viewsIpswichBoyBlue

Miles Kenlock on 18:26 - Oct 19 by Herbivore

I'm not convinced he's good enough but if he plays okay when called upon then that's a plus. Let's be honest, he's not been a standout performer in his two starts which is what he needed to have a shout if taking the shirt from Ward. He's done okay though and as a back up he will likely be fine.

I know that Miles has his critics and I understand why. Some player mature later than others and a sustained spell in a winning team, might just be the turning point for him. I hope so anyway, I like the lad.
Miles Kenlock on 19:09 - Oct 19 with 1804 viewsFreddies_Ears

Miles Kenlock on 11:19 - Oct 19 by DombeyBlue

Only my opinion....

At the very least, Kenlock is playing well enough that there is absolutely no pressure to bring Ward back until we are happy he in 100% fit. That's a good position to be in.
Miles Kenlock on 21:32 - Oct 19 with 1737 viewsnshearman1

I seem to recall just a few weeks ago you saying Kenlock was 'not a professional footballer' Herb?....
Miles Kenlock on 09:51 - Oct 20 with 1620 viewsBiGDonnie

Miles Kenlock on 21:32 - Oct 19 by nshearman1

I seem to recall just a few weeks ago you saying Kenlock was 'not a professional footballer' Herb?....

You've done him right up here lad!

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Miles Kenlock on 11:46 - Oct 20 with 1558 viewsitfcjoe

And clean sheet - good that he is performing adequately as allows Ward not to be rushed back

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Miles Kenlock on 11:52 - Oct 20 with 1546 viewsSouperJim

Miles Kenlock on 18:49 - Oct 19 by IpswichBoyBlue

I know that Miles has his critics and I understand why. Some player mature later than others and a sustained spell in a winning team, might just be the turning point for him. I hope so anyway, I like the lad.

One thing you can definitely say about him is he appears to have plenty of resilience and self belief. He's had some shockers for us and been dropped, but still comes back fighting. I do still hold some hope he can come good, I don't think he's as bad a player as he sometimes looks and his ungainly style perhaps gains him more critics than his performances have at times deserved.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Miles Kenlock on 11:55 - Oct 20 with 1541 viewsclive_baker

I make it 1 defeat in his last 10 starts. 6 goals conceded. He looked good on Saturday I thought, especially in the 2nd half. It'll be interesting to see how he deals with Taylor tonight.

I think what most people were saying is he's not a world beater by any means, but is a more than capable cover for a handful of games before Ward comes back, which I would still be in favour of as he's superior. I think the evidence we've seen over the past 2 games supports that TBH. There's always sensationalism on here, sometimes for effect and some probably believe it to be true. I saw suggestions of this being his last contract in professional football, and others suggesting starting Ndaba instead etc. It's nonsense, Kenny is a bang average L1 left back and has probably been about that for a while. I still cant recall many occasions where he's let us down.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Miles Kenlock on 13:36 - Oct 20 with 1464 viewsWickets

Miles Kenlock on 11:52 - Oct 20 by SouperJim

One thing you can definitely say about him is he appears to have plenty of resilience and self belief. He's had some shockers for us and been dropped, but still comes back fighting. I do still hold some hope he can come good, I don't think he's as bad a player as he sometimes looks and his ungainly style perhaps gains him more critics than his performances have at times deserved.

Yer i agree but i also have thought for a while it is a concentration issue with Miles as every now and then he seems to switch off . As others have said he is doing a decent job as back up but Ward is a big character and i think along with Chambo is a leader .
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024