Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
First night at home 22:35 - Oct 19 with 930 viewsNewcyBlue

I went for my normal visit today. MrsN and the twins have been together for the last week. Michael had his tube taken out the other day. He had been either breastfed or bottle fed (with expressed breast milk) consistently for days.

That was a good milestone.

Towards the end of my visit today, as I was about to leave, the head nursery nurse came in. I initially thought she was coming in to discuss the feeding plan. But that had already been discussed this morning.

She came in to give us good news. Michael would be discharged.

I went home and got the car seats, then went back.

Driving MrsN and the twins home was an odd feeling. One of “oh crap, I’ve still got so much to do around the house”.

It’s been a noisy evening so far. They’re 5 weeks old today. They’re not even term yet on their adjusted age (which is used for some medical stuff that I nod my head to as if I understand).

Seb thinks he will see them both at the weekend, so tomorrow will be a bit of a surprise for him.

For now, we have to find our own routine. We found with Madeleine that our home routine compared to the hospital one was very different. No doubt we will find the same with them both home now.

Another bed is on order, so we can split nights to give each other more sleep.

It’s going to be a fun and tiring time.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

First night at home on 22:40 - Oct 19 with 907 viewsfactual_blue

Nice to hear.

I'm disappointed, however, that you haven't called the twins 'Kevin' and 'Beattie'.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

First night at home on 22:44 - Oct 19 with 901 viewsNewcyBlue

First night at home on 22:40 - Oct 19 by factual_blue

Nice to hear.

I'm disappointed, however, that you haven't called the twins 'Kevin' and 'Beattie'.

I tried many ITFC related names. None of which made it through to the shortlist.

First night at home on 22:45 - Oct 19 with 896 viewsfactual_blue

First night at home on 22:44 - Oct 19 by NewcyBlue

I tried many ITFC related names. None of which made it through to the shortlist.

You mean they failed the MrsN filter?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

First night at home on 01:56 - Oct 20 with 799 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Keep on being an amazing Dad and husband/partner.

Especially husband/partner. That's the one that's easiest to forget.

Seriously, though, you're doing great.
First night at home on 07:07 - Oct 20 with 721 viewsDeano69

Wonderful leaps of progress. Delighted for you.

I recall how hard we found feeding ours every 2 hours round the close measuring and recording the volume ingested plus an estimate of the volume puked. I can’t even begin to imagine what have twins would have been like, you have my full respect and admiration.

The amount of 70’s TV and quizzes I watched with basically one eye open was a time I’ll not forget, nearly 3 months of it. No wonder sleep deprivation is used as a torture technique.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

First night at home on 08:02 - Oct 20 with 673 viewsPJH

Great to hear Newcy.

Good news from the Newcy household is always good to read.
First night at home on 08:26 - Oct 20 with 651 viewsNewcyBlue

I can’t say we got much sleep.

First night always seems to be the worst. It’s been 7.5 years since I took Seb home for the first night.

MrsN slips into midwife mode a bit, over the last 5 weeks at the hospital they have been pushing the feeds. Really feeding them up. To the point that Michael is sometimes sick. We are trying to hit arbitrary numbers, when in reality they’re both now feeding like term babies. 2 hourly at night, 4 hourly or less during the day.

It’s time to ask MrsN the questions to lead her to the answers that she knows really. In hospital she even said she wanted to get out and home and do our own thing.

She doesn’t like being told, so it’s a case of lead her to where we should.

First night at home on 08:41 - Oct 20 with 623 viewsnorth_stand77

First night at home on 08:26 - Oct 20 by NewcyBlue

First night always seems to be the worst. It’s been 7.5 years since I took Seb home for the first night.

MrsN slips into midwife mode a bit, over the last 5 weeks at the hospital they have been pushing the feeds. Really feeding them up. To the point that Michael is sometimes sick. We are trying to hit arbitrary numbers, when in reality they’re both now feeding like term babies. 2 hourly at night, 4 hourly or less during the day.

It’s time to ask MrsN the questions to lead her to the answers that she knows really. In hospital she even said she wanted to get out and home and do our own thing.

It was exactly one year and a day before my twins slept through the night. But I did have a 2 year old as well - so one awake, all awake!

Great to hear they're home safe and well newcy, best of luck to you all. And sleep whenever you get the chance!
Login to get fewer ads

First night at home on 08:47 - Oct 20 with 616 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Great news....good luck.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

First night at home on 09:54 - Oct 20 with 582 viewsEdwardStone

Delighted for you Cap'n Newcy
First night at home on 11:47 - Oct 20 with 542 viewsitfcjoe

First night at home on 08:26 - Oct 20 by NewcyBlue

I hope she doesn't read this board - she may dig her heels in...!

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024