Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Thread deleted ‘cos some old codger from Ixworth said so? 07:56 - Oct 20 with 2906 viewsSitfcB

It’s literally in the public domain.

FactualBlub.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Thread deleted ‘cos some old codger from Ixworth said so? on 09:59 - Oct 20 with 2353 viewsfactual_blue

Thread deleted ‘cos Phil said so.

And don't be ageist. It's rude.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Grow up. (n/t) on 10:09 - Oct 20 with 2315 viewsBloots

Thread deleted ‘cos some old codger from Ixworth said so? on 09:59 - Oct 20 by factual_blue

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Thread deleted ‘cos some old codger from Ixworth said so? on 10:10 - Oct 20 with 2306 viewsPhilTWTD

Just following the advice given to us when these sorts of situations happen.
Thread deleted ‘cos some old codger from Ixworth said so? on 10:11 - Oct 20 with 2309 viewsStokieBlue

Thread deleted ‘cos some old codger from Ixworth said so? on 09:59 - Oct 20 by factual_blue

It shouldn't have been deleted though.

Highlighting and discussing historic cases has no bearing on contemporary cases.

It does however have a bearing on how the fans might see him and lets face it - he deserves to be seen in the light of all his actions.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Thread deleted ‘cos some old codger from Ixworth said so? on 10:14 - Oct 20 with 2277 viewsSwansea_Blue

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Thread deleted ‘cos some old codger from Ixworth said so? on 10:14 - Oct 20 with 2272 viewshype313

Which thread?

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Thread deleted ‘cos some old codger from Ixworth said so? on 10:15 - Oct 20 with 2277 viewsStokieBlue

Thread deleted ‘cos some old codger from Ixworth said so? on 10:10 - Oct 20 by PhilTWTD

Just following the advice given to us when these sorts of situations happen.

Fair enough.

Am surprised that historic cases in the public domain are off limits though.

If it's the advice you've been given then you have to of course implement it.

SB

Thread deleted ‘cos some old codger from Ixworth said so? on 10:22 - Oct 20 with 2245 viewsPhilTWTD

Thread deleted ‘cos some old codger from Ixworth said so? on 10:11 - Oct 20 by StokieBlue

Highlighting and discussing historic cases has no bearing on contemporary cases.

It does however have a bearing on how the fans might see him and lets face it - he deserves to be seen in the light of all his actions.

SB

That's not strictly true. Previous offences are often not mentioned when cases come to trial and highlighting them on social media, here or wherever can potentially be prejudicial, as I understand it.
Login to get fewer ads

I "lolled" at the comment that.... on 10:22 - Oct 20 with 2249 viewsBloots

Thread deleted ‘cos some old codger from Ixworth said so? on 10:11 - Oct 20 by StokieBlue

SB

....the "revelation" would prejudice a fair trial.

As if Sitters was some some of modern day Sherlock Holmes who had tracked down a previously unknown piece of evidence.

I can imagine the Judge:

"You will receive a 6 month ban from driving"

"Oh hang on, I've just been on a football forum and discovered something new. You will now have your balls chopped off and be sent to chokey for 10 years"

Roflcopter.

Thread deleted ‘cos some old codger from Ixworth said so? on 10:23 - Oct 20 with 2229 viewsfactual_blue

Thread deleted ‘cos some old codger from Ixworth said so? on 10:14 - Oct 20 by hype313

Which thread?

The one that's been deleted.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Thread deleted ‘cos some old codger from Ixworth said so? on 10:25 - Oct 20 with 2216 viewsStokieBlue

Thread deleted ‘cos some old codger from Ixworth said so? on 10:22 - Oct 20 by PhilTWTD

That's not strictly true. Previous offences are often not mentioned when cases come to trial and highlighting them on social media, here or wherever can potentially be prejudicial, as I understand it.

I can see why that would be the advice you were given.

However all media publish details of previous offences which are in the public domain when reporting on current cases.

"X, who was convicted of Y in 2000, will be facing new charges in court on Monday".

You'll find a sentence to that gist in most papers on most days.

Fully understand your position though, especially as you're not a huge media outlet with endless resources and given that I can see why you've removed it.

SB

Ha..... on 10:26 - Oct 20 with 2214 viewsBloots

Thread deleted ‘cos some old codger from Ixworth said so? on 10:22 - Oct 20 by PhilTWTD

.....I think you are over egging that Phil.

Perhaps we'd better watch out for "MagistrateBlue" or "ITFCJudge"

Thread deleted ‘cos some old codger from Ixworth said so? on 10:30 - Oct 20 with 2192 viewsSitfcB

Surely it’s on his record and they will know of it? It’s hardly a secret?

I thought for driving offences they punish you more if you re-offend?

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Thread deleted ‘cos some old codger from Ixworth said so? on 10:34 - Oct 20 with 2163 viewsPJH

Thread deleted ‘cos some old codger from Ixworth said so? on 10:14 - Oct 20 by hype313

Which thread?

The one about Norwood does not seem to be here so just maybe.....
Thread deleted ‘cos some old codger from Ixworth said so? on 10:35 - Oct 20 with 2153 viewshype313

Thread deleted ‘cos some old codger from Ixworth said so? on 10:34 - Oct 20 by PJH

The one about Norwood does not seem to be here so just maybe.....

Ahh, ok.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Thread deleted ‘cos some old codger from Ixworth said so? on 10:37 - Oct 20 with 2146 viewsPJH

Thread deleted ‘cos some old codger from Ixworth said so? on 10:35 - Oct 20 by hype313

Ahh, ok.

I didn't know which thread it was either but by looking at some posts on this one and then seeing the Norwood one had gone AWOL I thought to myself that there might be a connection.
I "lolled" at the comment that.... on 10:38 - Oct 20 with 2128 viewsGhostOfBenters

I "lolled" at the comment that.... on 10:22 - Oct 20 by Bloots

As if Sitters was some some of modern day Sherlock Holmes who had tracked down a previously unknown piece of evidence.

I can imagine the Judge:

"Oh hang on, I've just been on a football forum and discovered something new. You will now have your balls chopped off and be sent to chokey for 10 years"

Roflcopter.

DCI Sitters should focus his attentions on the still unsolved missing trainers case.
Thread deleted ‘cos some old codger from Ixworth said so? on 10:50 - Oct 20 with 2061 viewsPJH

Thread deleted ‘cos some old codger from Ixworth said so? on 10:37 - Oct 20 by PJH

I didn't know which thread it was either but by looking at some posts on this one and then seeing the Norwood one had gone AWOL I thought to myself that there might be a connection.

The thread that I thought was missing is NOT missing so I now have no idea which thread this thread is about.
Thread deleted ‘cos some old codger from Ixworth said so? on 10:53 - Oct 20 with 2048 viewsPhilTWTD

Thread deleted ‘cos some old codger from Ixworth said so? on 10:25 - Oct 20 by StokieBlue

I can see why that would be the advice you were given.

However all media publish details of previous offences which are in the public domain when reporting on current cases.

"X, who was convicted of Y in 2000, will be facing new charges in court on Monday".

You'll find a sentence to that gist in most papers on most days.

Fully understand your position though, especially as you're not a huge media outlet with endless resources and given that I can see why you've removed it.

SB

They're often careful not to mention previous convictions in that way if, for example, they're being withheld from a jury. Obviously, it may not come to that in this case, but just keeping to the principle.
I "lolled" at the comment that.... on 10:55 - Oct 20 with 2030 viewsPhilTWTD

I "lolled" at the comment that.... on 10:22 - Oct 20 by Bloots

I can imagine the Judge:

Roflcopter.

I think the point is more about previous matters not being revealed to juries. I take your point re overegging but just keeping to the principle.
Ha..... on 10:56 - Oct 20 with 2009 viewsLankHenners

Ha..... on 10:26 - Oct 20 by Bloots

.....I think you are over egging that Phil.

Perhaps we'd better watch out for "MagistrateBlue" or "ITFCJudge"

I'm hoping we see a lot less of 'ITFCJudge' !!!

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Ha..... on 10:57 - Oct 20 with 1999 viewsjeera

Ha..... on 10:56 - Oct 20 by LankHenners

I'm hoping we see a lot less of 'ITFCJudge' !!!

Much worse when out of position tbf.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Ha..... on 11:00 - Oct 20 with 1974 viewsPJH

Ha..... on 10:57 - Oct 20 by jeera

Much worse when out of position tbf.

Very flexible and tends to drift sometimes.
Thread deleted ‘cos some old codger from Ixworth said so? on 11:07 - Oct 20 with 1922 viewsPhilTWTD

Thread deleted ‘cos some old codger from Ixworth said so? on 10:30 - Oct 20 by SitfcB

Surely it’s on his record and they will know of it? It’s hardly a secret?

I thought for driving offences they punish you more if you re-offend?

It does depend on how old previous convictions are whether they're brought up. Obviously with the Internet nothing is ever forgotten these days but I think there is still a potential issue with highlighting old convictions. As I say, just keeping to the principle.
Thread deleted ‘cos some old codger from Ixworth said so? on 11:13 - Oct 20 with 1887 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

Has Phil moved to Ixworth?

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024