Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tough game tonight - but also one which may play into our hands a bit... 08:27 - Oct 20 with 3169 viewsitfcjoe

....as they won't sit back and wait for us to break them down so should be more space.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Tough game tonight - but also one which may play into our hands a bit... on 08:35 - Oct 20 with 2971 viewsITFCBlues

I was thinking that as well. Should be an interesting game. Do you know if we've got a striker fit for the game?

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Tough game tonight - but also one which may play into our hands a bit... on 08:38 - Oct 20 with 2951 viewsSomethingBlue

Let's just hope we are able to, as a bare minimum, go with the squad from Saturday. Going to be difficult enough but any more absentees and we will really struggle. A draw would be good; a win potentially groundbreaking in recent context.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Tough game tonight - but also one which may play into our hands a bit... on 08:38 - Oct 20 with 2945 viewsSouperJim

Tough game tonight - but also one which may play into our hands a bit... on 08:35 - Oct 20 by ITFCBlues

I was thinking that as well. Should be an interesting game. Do you know if we've got a striker fit for the game?

Alan Judge...

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Tough game tonight - but also one which may play into our hands a bit... on 08:44 - Oct 20 with 2915 viewsitfcjoe

Tough game tonight - but also one which may play into our hands a bit... on 08:35 - Oct 20 by ITFCBlues

I don’t know, Hawkins being fit would be a massive bonus to help us release pressure when they have their spells - which they will have

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Tough game tonight - but also one which may play into our hands a bit... on 09:02 - Oct 20 with 2833 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

I think it will be a really tough outting. Give me a point now and I wouldn't get on the bus in the words of MM.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Tough game tonight - but also one which may play into our hands a bit... on 09:05 - Oct 20 with 2816 viewsjayessess

Can't recall any team sitting back against us this year, really. Our difficult patches have mainly been when the opposing midfield has penned us in.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Tough game tonight - but also one which may play into our hands a bit... on 09:06 - Oct 20 with 2808 viewsHerbivore

Although on the flip side, MK Dons pressed us high and played on the front foot and we barely had a kick.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Tough game tonight - but also one which may play into our hands a bit... on 09:08 - Oct 20 with 2798 viewsGuthrum

Tough game tonight - but also one which may play into our hands a bit... on 09:02 - Oct 20 by TheTrueBlue1878

I think it will be a really tough outting. Give me a point now and I wouldn't get on the bus in the words of MM.

It is a tough fixture, but I'd also want to take a chance on winning. We're in good form and the team is functioning quite well together (even when not doing so in the first 45 on Saturday, we still managed not to concede).

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Login to get fewer ads

Tough game tonight - but also one which may play into our hands a bit... on 10:07 - Oct 20 with 2644 viewspointofblue

Tough game tonight - but also one which may play into our hands a bit... on 09:06 - Oct 20 by Herbivore

Although on the flip side, MK Dons pressed us high and played on the front foot and we barely had a kick.

Yes, we look vulnerable against teams who do push forward. It may create space for us moving forward but I fear we will get beaten, with relative ease, by a side who can put it together in attack against us.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Tough game tonight - but also one which may play into our hands a bit... on 10:09 - Oct 20 with 2636 viewsHerbivore

Tough game tonight - but also one which may play into our hands a bit... on 10:07 - Oct 20 by pointofblue

Yes, we look vulnerable against teams who do push forward. It may create space for us moving forward but I fear we will get beaten, with relative ease, by a side who can put it together in attack against us.

The midfield is quite lightweight so we struggle to get a foothold when the opposition is dominating the ball. That's why you need a Downes or a Skuse in there for some games. Huws might give us a bit more in there in that respect than we had against MK Dons.

Tough game tonight - but also one which may play into our hands a bit... on 10:20 - Oct 20 with 2610 viewspointofblue

Tough game tonight - but also one which may play into our hands a bit... on 10:09 - Oct 20 by Herbivore

The midfield is quite lightweight so we struggle to get a foothold when the opposition is dominating the ball. That's why you need a Downes or a Skuse in there for some games. Huws might give us a bit more in there in that respect than we had against MK Dons.

Though even with Huws in there I thought we looked lightweight on Saturday and Accrington played through us far too easily on Saturday.

With Downes and Skuse out for a similar amount of time I do wonder whether placing Woolfenden or McGuiness in that defensive midfield role may bear fruit. Whilst we’re winning we will understandably be reluctant to give it a go but if it becomes a longer issue I think it’s something we’ll need to consider.

Tough game tonight - but also one which may play into our hands a bit... on 10:25 - Oct 20 with 2593 viewsHerbivore

Tough game tonight - but also one which may play into our hands a bit... on 10:20 - Oct 20 by pointofblue

Though even with Huws in there I thought we looked lightweight on Saturday and Accrington played through us far too easily on Saturday.

With Downes and Skuse out for a similar amount of time I do wonder whether placing Woolfenden or McGuiness in that defensive midfield role may bear fruit. Whilst we’re winning we will understandably be reluctant to give it a go but if it becomes a longer issue I think it’s something we’ll need to consider.

Not sure about that, neither player is really a midfielder and they'd add bulk but they don't know how to play that role. It was noticeable that Huws imposed himself more after the break on Saturday and used the ball better too. It was his best half of the season and as a result we won the midfield battle and ultimately the game quite comfortably in the end.

Tough game tonight - but also one which may play into our hands a bit... on 10:31 - Oct 20 with 2577 viewspointofblue

Tough game tonight - but also one which may play into our hands a bit... on 10:25 - Oct 20 by Herbivore

Not sure about that, neither player is really a midfielder and they'd add bulk but they don't know how to play that role. It was noticeable that Huws imposed himself more after the break on Saturday and used the ball better too. It was his best half of the season and as a result we won the midfield battle and ultimately the game quite comfortably in the end.

I know it would be a sign of desperation; I do fear we’ll reach the point where we won’t lose by trying it. Huws was non-existent on Saturday in the first half half and he’ll come up against much better midfields than Accrington’s. We have to hope that second half was a sign of what is to come moving forward from him - if so we’ll be able to manage to control matches far better.

Tough game tonight - but also one which may play into our hands a bit... on 10:35 - Oct 20 with 2557 viewsHerbivore

Tough game tonight - but also one which may play into our hands a bit... on 10:31 - Oct 20 by pointofblue

I know it would be a sign of desperation; I do fear we’ll reach the point where we won’t lose by trying it. Huws was non-existent on Saturday in the first half half and he’ll come up against much better midfields than Accrington’s. We have to hope that second half was a sign of what is to come moving forward from him - if so we’ll be able to manage to control matches far better.

We'll find out tonight. But I'm really not a fan of square pegs in round holes and sticking a rookie CB in central midfield just doesn't sit well with me. It's not an easy role to play being a ball winning midfielder, being a CB with some ability on the ball doesn't mean you can play that role.

Tough game tonight - but also one which may play into our hands a bit... on 10:47 - Oct 20 with 2504 viewspointofblue

Tough game tonight - but also one which may play into our hands a bit... on 10:35 - Oct 20 by Herbivore

We'll find out tonight. But I'm really not a fan of square pegs in round holes and sticking a rookie CB in central midfield just doesn't sit well with me. It's not an easy role to play being a ball winning midfielder, being a CB with some ability on the ball doesn't mean you can play that role.

I’m not usually - we just have to hope Huws does develop even further into the role and doesn’t pick up an injury or suspension in the process! Though I guess we’d return to the Dozzell - Nolan - Bishop midfield if he does.

Tough game tonight - but also one which may play into our hands a bit... on 11:37 - Oct 20 with 2425 viewsclive_baker

Depends hugely on Hawkins being fit I would think. Doncaster are a decent side at this level, one of the best I saw last season. On their own patch it's going to be a different proposition altogether to Accrington who are pretty poor defensively, all things considered.

I think the keeper, back 4 and Dozzell pick themselves. I wouldn't be surprised to see Nolan come in for Huws or Bishop tonight. We'll need to use the ball a bit better in the midfield than we showed on Saturday, and Saturday / Tuesday is perhaps a big ask of Huws. Hopefully Hawkins in the central role up top with Edwards and either Judge or Sears off him.

Should be a good game.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Tough game tonight - but also one which may play into our hands a bit... on 11:42 - Oct 20 with 2403 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Tough game tonight - but also one which may play into our hands a bit... on 09:08 - Oct 20 by Guthrum

It is a tough fixture, but I'd also want to take a chance on winning. We're in good form and the team is functioning quite well together (even when not doing so in the first 45 on Saturday, we still managed not to concede).

I do think the team is functioning overall well, but possibly lack a little bit of firepower going up against a top 6 side.

I always want to win, but I won't split hairs should we get a point away at Donny tonight, and whilst our front line maybe short our backline has been rock solid to at least get a point tonight.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Tough game tonight - but also one which may play into our hands a bit... on 11:59 - Oct 20 with 2343 viewsclive_baker

Tough game tonight - but also one which may play into our hands a bit... on 11:42 - Oct 20 by TheTrueBlue1878

I do think the team is functioning overall well, but possibly lack a little bit of firepower going up against a top 6 side.

I always want to win, but I won't split hairs should we get a point away at Donny tonight, and whilst our front line maybe short our backline has been rock solid to at least get a point tonight.

I think it's crucial that we win the midfield battle tonight, someone has to keep Whiteman quiet in there, and I think Nolan might be the man for the job.

I agree with you, a point would be a decent result against a side that's already been to Pompey & Charlton and won. Hoping, somewhat optimistically, for 3 though.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Tough game tonight - but also one which may play into our hands a bit... on 16:15 - Oct 20 with 2137 viewsStokieBlue

Not that confident about tonight, if we can play our football and not get pegged back then we have a good chance of winning.

My little program thinks we are likely to win (just) and since it's not very good that should be a sign we are going to lose:

"home_win": 34.64%
"draw": 17.18%
"away_win": 48.18%
"sim_result": "away_win"
"score_prediction": "1-2"

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Tough game tonight - but also one which may play into our hands a bit... on 16:38 - Oct 20 with 2088 viewsKieran_Knows

Do they still have that giant of a centre half? One my more prominent memories of last season was us still trying to knock long balls to Norwood's head, even though that defender had won the previous 468 attempts.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Tough game tonight - but also one which may play into our hands a bit... on 17:26 - Oct 20 with 2033 viewsPilgrimblue

Tough game tonight - but also one which may play into our hands a bit... on 11:59 - Oct 20 by clive_baker

I think it's crucial that we win the midfield battle tonight, someone has to keep Whiteman quiet in there, and I think Nolan might be the man for the job.

I agree with you, a point would be a decent result against a side that's already been to Pompey & Charlton and won. Hoping, somewhat optimistically, for 3 though.

It's going to be tough tonight particularly as they seem to have acquired some decent additions to their squad.
I think PL missed a trick in not getting an extra striker on loan for say 3 months. Vital we have taller striker in the eleven unless PL gets us to play on the deck.
Tough game tonight - but also one which may play into our hands a bit... on 17:27 - Oct 20 with 2028 viewsStokieBlue

Tough game tonight - but also one which may play into our hands a bit... on 17:26 - Oct 20 by Pilgrimblue

It's going to be tough tonight particularly as they seem to have acquired some decent additions to their squad.
I think PL missed a trick in not getting an extra striker on loan for say 3 months. Vital we have taller striker in the eleven unless PL gets us to play on the deck.

We played on the deck second half on Saturday and looked far better.

SB

Tough game tonight - but also one which may play into our hands a bit... on 17:28 - Oct 20 with 2026 viewsDanTheMan

Tough game tonight - but also one which may play into our hands a bit... on 16:15 - Oct 20 by StokieBlue

Not that confident about tonight, if we can play our football and not get pegged back then we have a good chance of winning.

My little program thinks we are likely to win (just) and since it's not very good that should be a sign we are going to lose:

"home_win": 34.64%
"draw": 17.18%
"away_win": 48.18%
"sim_result": "away_win"
"score_prediction": "1-2"

SB

Very upsetting...

Using snake case? Outrageous.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Tough game tonight - but also one which may play into our hands a bit... on 17:29 - Oct 20 with 2022 viewsStokieBlue

Tough game tonight - but also one which may play into our hands a bit... on 17:28 - Oct 20 by DanTheMan

Very upsetting...

Using snake case? Outrageous.

It's the accepted coding standard for Python.

Although classes are camel case.

Odd.

SB
[Post edited 20 Oct 2020 17:31]

Tough game tonight - but also one which may play into our hands a bit... on 17:30 - Oct 20 with 2018 viewsDanTheMan

Tough game tonight - but also one which may play into our hands a bit... on 17:29 - Oct 20 by StokieBlue

It's the accepted coding standard for Python.

Although classes are camel case.

Odd.

SB
[Post edited 20 Oct 2020 17:31]

Could never get on with Python. Like my types too much.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024