Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What's the deal with free transfers? 11:12 - Oct 20 with 1045 viewsshouldistayorcounago

Can we still make them or has that ship sailed as well? Things don't seem as simple as they used to be so forgive me if I'm wrong, but believe Colin Quaner and Jordan Hiwula are both free agents who might be able to help us with our shortage of strikers.

Even if we are technically able to, ME might be a bit reluctant given the financial peril that goes with every transfer in the current climate.

Also, wishing Kayden a speedy recovery with no long-lasting repercussions, and good health to everyone else at the club.
What's the deal with free transfers? on 11:29 - Oct 20 with 1011 viewstractorboy1978

Realistically, how fit is any free transfer coming in now going to be? Quaner hasn't kicked a ball competitively since his last game for us in April 2019!
What's the deal with free transfers? on 11:37 - Oct 20 with 976 viewsHerbivore

Any player on a free will be at least a month away from being fit enough to start games so won't be much help.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

What's the deal with free transfers? on 11:40 - Oct 20 with 970 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

I see no benefit at this point. It won't be a case of sign today, play tomorrow type of thing, will need a good few weeks to be match fit, by which time Jackson/Hawkins should be back, and Drinan not far away.

We have just had a really bad patch of luck with the strikers right now, have to bite the bullet and try to make the best of a bad situation.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

What's the deal with free transfers? on 11:47 - Oct 20 with 959 viewsSouperJim

I think I'm right in saying you can sign free agents at any time (it's a *transfer* window)? But it's the wage bill which is the issue and I doubt we have any room left for maneuver under the wage cap.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

What's the deal with free transfers? on 11:49 - Oct 20 with 947 viewsWallingford_Boy

What's the deal with free transfers? on 11:40 - Oct 20 by TheTrueBlue1878

I see no benefit at this point. It won't be a case of sign today, play tomorrow type of thing, will need a good few weeks to be match fit, by which time Jackson/Hawkins should be back, and Drinan not far away.

We have just had a really bad patch of luck with the strikers right now, have to bite the bullet and try to make the best of a bad situation.

Can't wait until all our goal machines are back!!

hehe

RIP Sir Bobby

What's the deal with free transfers? on 12:01 - Oct 20 with 900 viewsshouldistayorcounago

I take your point about Drinan and Hawkins, but with our track record, who's to say they come back as expected? I just don't have a great deal of optimism that we're going to have multiple striking options any time soon.

I hope I'm wrong and wouldn't be against seeing some of the young lads given a go if it comes to it though. As others also said, could take a while for either of those I mentioned to be fit and firing but we do look extremely light up top, given everything that's gone on.

Financial issues would appear to be the biggest barrier in my mind, we just don't have enough room on the wage bill under current constraints.

Hopefully the rest of the team keep supplying goals but its a worrying position. Maybe Sears getting a goal on Saturday will be the start of a run for him too.
What's the deal with free transfers? on 12:02 - Oct 20 with 894 viewsDanTheMan

What's the deal with free transfers? on 11:37 - Oct 20 by Herbivore

Any player on a free will be at least a month away from being fit enough to start games so won't be much help.

That's OK, most of our players probably won't be fit until next season so we're good to go.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

What's the deal with free transfers? on 12:22 - Oct 20 with 839 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

What's the deal with free transfers? on 12:01 - Oct 20 by shouldistayorcounago

I take your point about Drinan and Hawkins, but with our track record, who's to say they come back as expected? I just don't have a great deal of optimism that we're going to have multiple striking options any time soon.

I hope I'm wrong and wouldn't be against seeing some of the young lads given a go if it comes to it though. As others also said, could take a while for either of those I mentioned to be fit and firing but we do look extremely light up top, given everything that's gone on.

Financial issues would appear to be the biggest barrier in my mind, we just don't have enough room on the wage bill under current constraints.

Hopefully the rest of the team keep supplying goals but its a worrying position. Maybe Sears getting a goal on Saturday will be the start of a run for him too.

That's true RE: return dates, but that is just a gamble, the same as if you were to take a free agent, who is to say the won't pull up in the first training session with our track record.

We have a bloated squad as it is, just tough times in that central area.

Not sure there is too much quality in the free agent market anyway.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Login to get fewer ads

What's the deal with free transfers? on 12:29 - Oct 20 with 813 viewsshouldistayorcounago

What's the deal with free transfers? on 12:22 - Oct 20 by TheTrueBlue1878

That's true RE: return dates, but that is just a gamble, the same as if you were to take a free agent, who is to say the won't pull up in the first training session with our track record.

Yeah very true, its just not a great situation we find ourselves in with so many players in the same position unavailable. Definitely is a gamble like you say, possibly worth it in more simple times, but right now its probably a bit too much to ask all round.

There are some decent players available in other positions at the moment, out of the two I mentioned I think Hiwula would be the better option but again, hasn't played any football for quite some time.
What's the deal with free transfers? on 13:58 - Oct 20 with 732 viewsRadlett_blue

What's the deal with free transfers? on 12:22 - Oct 20 by TheTrueBlue1878

Sure but possibly we could find someone on a largely pay & play deal who could be used as back up. As long as it isn't Leon Best.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

What's the deal with free transfers? on 17:34 - Oct 20 with 665 viewsPilgrimblue

Agree with all that which is why maybe Chambers could help out as we have good cover for RB.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024