Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Don't mind the massive homeless problem in Ipswich... 13:17 - Oct 20 with 2348 viewsmonytowbray

SOMEONE MIGHT STEAL YOUR PET.

https://www.ipswichstar.co.uk/news/tom-hunt-s-pet-theft-debate-1-6891557

Glad he's focusing on the important issues.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Don't mind the massive homeless problem in Ipswich... on 13:21 - Oct 20 with 2035 viewsBluefish

Just because there are other problems it doesn't mean that this is not a valid problem.

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Don't mind the massive homeless problem in Ipswich... on 13:24 - Oct 20 with 2051 viewsStokieBlue

Why does it have to be one or the other? As long as he also addresses homelessness then surely it's OK, especially as we know there are mental health issues around the C19 measures and pets are generally helpful for peoples mental health.

If he's not addressing homelessness either then that is of course bad and he should be. I don't follow local Ipswich politics much so I honestly don't know if he is. He does seem a bit of a rubbish MP judging by his comments on white privilege on TV the other day.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Don't mind the massive homeless problem in Ipswich... on 13:25 - Oct 20 with 2036 viewsmonytowbray

Don't mind the massive homeless problem in Ipswich... on 13:24 - Oct 20 by StokieBlue

Why does it have to be one or the other? As long as he also addresses homelessness then surely it's OK, especially as we know there are mental health issues around the C19 measures and pets are generally helpful for peoples mental health.

If he's not addressing homelessness either then that is of course bad and he should be. I don't follow local Ipswich politics much so I honestly don't know if he is. He does seem a bit of a rubbish MP judging by his comments on white privilege on TV the other day.

SB

He doesn't address homelessness, his Twitter feed is pure culture wars.

TWTD never forgets…

Don't mind the massive homeless problem in Ipswich... on 13:28 - Oct 20 with 2024 viewsStokieBlue

Don't mind the massive homeless problem in Ipswich... on 13:25 - Oct 20 by monytowbray

He doesn't address homelessness, his Twitter feed is pure culture wars.

OK, doesn't sound like a particularly good MP then.

He should be addressing homelessness as well.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Don't mind the massive homeless problem in Ipswich... on 13:29 - Oct 20 with 2016 viewsmonytowbray

Don't mind the massive homeless problem in Ipswich... on 13:28 - Oct 20 by StokieBlue

SB

I don't really know how he got in beyond habitual Tory voters locally and the pro-Brexit swing. He is a walking PR stunt for the right wing.

TWTD never forgets…

Don't mind the massive homeless problem in Ipswich... on 13:36 - Oct 20 with 1992 viewsClapham_Junction

I've noticed that a fair amount of social media accounts that are pro-Brexit/pro-Tories take time out of the schedule of misinformation and hate to tweet about animal welfare. Perhaps he's trying to appeal to them on that front as well.

For example: https://twitter.com/Katieleighxox
Don't mind the massive homeless problem in Ipswich... on 13:49 - Oct 20 with 1950 viewsDubtractor

Don't mind the massive homeless problem in Ipswich... on 13:28 - Oct 20 by StokieBlue

SB

To be fair, Callis is right on this one, he is a terrible MP.

Think of all the worst things this government does in terms of immigration rhetoric, culture wars, lefty bashing, BBC bashing. Then look at his social media feed and you'll see he is busy championing all of them.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Don't mind the massive homeless problem in Ipswich... on 13:55 - Oct 20 with 1925 viewsTangledupin_Blue

Don't mind the massive homeless problem in Ipswich... on 13:49 - Oct 20 by Dubtractor

Think of all the worst things this government does in terms of immigration rhetoric, culture wars, lefty bashing, BBC bashing. Then look at his social media feed and you'll see he is busy championing all of them.

He keeps criticising 'woke-ism' as if being woke were a bad thing.

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

Login to get fewer ads

Don't mind the massive homeless problem in Ipswich... on 14:01 - Oct 20 with 1914 viewsmonytowbray

Don't mind the massive homeless problem in Ipswich... on 13:36 - Oct 20 by Clapham_Junction

I've noticed that a fair amount of social media accounts that are pro-Brexit/pro-Tories take time out of the schedule of misinformation and hate to tweet about animal welfare. Perhaps he's trying to appeal to them on that front as well.

For example: https://twitter.com/Katieleighxox

Was a big part of Britain First's social media strategy too. Loads of racism scattered between animal welfare posts that later went more off on an anti-Halal bender.

Always a fun one to argue the RAWR HALAL angle with racists as a vegan.

TWTD never forgets…

Don't mind the massive homeless problem in Ipswich... on 14:25 - Oct 20 with 1871 viewsmarchy

Don't mind the massive homeless problem in Ipswich... on 13:49 - Oct 20 by Dubtractor

Can we not let that cloud our judgement of how crass and idiotic the opening gambit was?
Don't mind the massive homeless problem in Ipswich... on 14:31 - Oct 20 with 1847 viewshype313

This clown replaced Sandy Martin, whilst he had a few issues, generally had the town close to his heart.

Unfortunately the towns pro Brexit stance, meant that we were given this joker, who probably hadn't even heard of Ipswich before he was drop shipped in.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Don't mind the massive homeless problem in Ipswich... on 14:33 - Oct 20 with 1841 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Is it rife in Ipswich? can't say I have seen many English Mastiff's been snatched with me own eyes, but must be a big enough problem for it to be discussed.

Homeless problem in Ipswich is a growing issue I have to say.
[Post edited 20 Oct 2020 14:38]

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Don't mind the massive homeless problem in Ipswich... on 14:34 - Oct 20 with 1835 viewshype313

Don't mind the massive homeless problem in Ipswich... on 14:33 - Oct 20 by TheTrueBlue1878

Is it rife in Ipswich? can't say I have seen many English Mastiff's been snatched with me own eyes, but must be a big enough problem for it to be discussed.

Homeless problem in Ipswich is a growing issue I have to say.
[Post edited 20 Oct 2020 14:38]

It's bad, but my HQ is in Chester and I was flabbergasted to see the amount of homeless people there, the last time I went, far greater proportion of homeless than Ipswich.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Don't mind the massive homeless problem in Ipswich... on 14:36 - Oct 20 with 1828 viewsjaykay

SB

i think there has been several posts on here, saying he's no good plus he supports newcastle

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Don't mind the massive homeless problem in Ipswich... on 14:50 - Oct 20 with 1785 viewsmonytowbray

Don't mind the massive homeless problem in Ipswich... on 14:25 - Oct 20 by marchy

Can we not let that cloud our judgement of how crass and idiotic the opening gambit was?

These are the words of someone who doesn't want to debate the actual issue.

TWTD never forgets…

Don't mind the massive homeless problem in Ipswich... on 14:58 - Oct 20 with 1765 viewsclive_baker

He's a c*** for sure.

Can't knock him for this though, and I don't think it's a good look to make light of what is a heinous crime that should be severely punished. Do agree that there's a big issue with homelessness in Ipswich and other areas, but the 2 aren't mutually exclusive.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Don't mind the massive homeless problem in Ipswich... on 15:22 - Oct 20 with 1729 viewsDubtractor

Don't mind the massive homeless problem in Ipswich... on 14:25 - Oct 20 by marchy

Not sure I'd call it crass and idiotic, though I can appreciate that it could be perceived that way.

Our MP very much picks which issues he wants to support, and very clearly plays to the gallery on social media.

I have no time for him at all.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.

Don't mind the massive homeless problem in Ipswich... on 15:24 - Oct 20 with 1697 viewsBluefish

Don't mind the massive homeless problem in Ipswich... on 15:22 - Oct 20 by Dubtractor

Not sure I'd call it crass and idiotic, though I can appreciate that it could be perceived that way.

Our MP very much picks which issues he wants to support, and very clearly plays to the gallery on social media.

I have no time for him at all.

He seems an utter bell but are all the others any different?

Is he the only one bringing up random concerns of his constituents and none just focusing on homelessness?

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Don't mind the massive homeless problem in Ipswich... on 15:33 - Oct 20 with 1702 viewsDubtractor

Don't mind the massive homeless problem in Ipswich... on 15:24 - Oct 20 by Bluefish

He seems an utter bell but are all the others any different?

Is he the only one bringing up random concerns of his constituents and none just focusing on homelessness?

Possibly not, I only really notice him as he is my local and it annoys me a lot. Especially as his 2 predecessors (Gummer and Martin) didn't do this at all, despite coming from very different political viewpoints.

Don't mind the massive homeless problem in Ipswich... on 16:19 - Oct 20 with 1640 viewsmarchy

Don't mind the massive homeless problem in Ipswich... on 14:50 - Oct 20 by monytowbray

These are the words of someone who doesn't want to debate the actual issue.

Depends which bit you class as the "actual issue". Any homelessness problem is of course a massive problem, and the MP is a prime example of rhyming slang. But your OP appears to deem the theft of family pets to be an unimportant issue which, coming from a vegan who I assume is at least in some small way concerned with animal welfare, as well from someone well-informed on issues around mental health, I believe to be crass and idiotic. Good day.
Don't mind the massive homeless problem in Ipswich... on 16:32 - Oct 20 with 1618 viewsmonytowbray

Don't mind the massive homeless problem in Ipswich... on 16:19 - Oct 20 by marchy

Depends which bit you class as the "actual issue". Any homelessness problem is of course a massive problem, and the MP is a prime example of rhyming slang. But your OP appears to deem the theft of family pets to be an unimportant issue which, coming from a vegan who I assume is at least in some small way concerned with animal welfare, as well from someone well-informed on issues around mental health, I believe to be crass and idiotic. Good day.

"But your OP appears to deem the theft of family pets to be an unimportant issue"

Point out where I said that.

Saying "Good day" without actually making a point doesn't make you correct BTW.

TWTD never forgets…

Don't mind the massive homeless problem in Ipswich... on 16:34 - Oct 20 with 1610 viewsmarchy

Don't mind the massive homeless problem in Ipswich... on 16:32 - Oct 20 by monytowbray

"But your OP appears to deem the theft of family pets to be an unimportant issue"

Point out where I said that.

Saying "Good day" without actually making a point doesn't make you correct BTW.

So "Glad he's focusing on the important issues" was literal, and you just forgot to make a point?
Don't mind the massive homeless problem in Ipswich... on 16:40 - Oct 20 with 1586 viewsmonytowbray

Don't mind the massive homeless problem in Ipswich... on 16:34 - Oct 20 by marchy

So "Glad he's focusing on the important issues" was literal, and you just forgot to make a point?

No, it was sarcasm in terms of priorities. If that's the best angle you can come up with you need to think in wider context of the MP in question.

50 dogs stolen in Suffolk over 2 years (2018 figures) vs 1,300 people (2019 figures) looking for shelter at any given time in Ipswich alone.

The problem is this is just distraction nonsense to win over the middle class so it looks like he's doing something compassionate when actually he's a sociopathic elite berk who never talks about the problems the extreme end of poor society locally faces, likely because he doesn't care.

But if you want to fall for it and defend him exactly as he intended, feel free. I'd expect many on here won't be fooled though.

TWTD never forgets…

Don't mind the massive homeless problem in Ipswich... on 16:54 - Oct 20 with 1546 viewsBlue_Order

OP steals dogs off the homeless.

Probably hoarding them all to make a big fur coat.
Don't mind the massive homeless problem in Ipswich... on 11:36 - Oct 21 with 1421 viewsmonytowbray

Don't mind the massive homeless problem in Ipswich... on 16:54 - Oct 20 by Blue_Order

OP steals dogs off the homeless.

Probably hoarding them all to make a big fur coat.

Have you been spying on me again?

TWTD never forgets…

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024