Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
McGuinness 15:38 - Oct 20 with 884 viewstownman1986

Any thoughts as a temporary striker by all accounts good in the air
McGuinness on 15:45 - Oct 20 with 860 viewsStokieBlue

Is that the primary criteria for our central striker?

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

McGuinness on 16:13 - Oct 20 with 800 viewsTractorchef

Funnily enough I was discussing this at half time on Saturday, like you say good in the air, good with the ball at his feet. Seemed a better option than Judge. Though we then came out in the second half and won so maybe, just maybe Lambert is better placed to make these kind of decisions than I am!
McGuinness on 16:48 - Oct 20 with 733 viewsmonty_radio

McGuinness on 16:13 - Oct 20 by Tractorchef

Funnily enough I was discussing this at half time on Saturday, like you say good in the air, good with the ball at his feet. Seemed a better option than Judge. Though we then came out in the second half and won so maybe, just maybe Lambert is better placed to make these kind of decisions than I am!

It surprises me how seldom managers consider moving certain defenders forward in a crisis when they're perfectly happy to play strikers and central midfielders on the wing, more natural wingers further back and many a full back in the centre. I agree in principle with what Herbie said in an earlier thread re square pegs in round holes, but when needs must why not pitch a ball-playing defender further forward as a hold-up player. Bam Bam did it, Hawkins reportedly can do it - even Micky Stockwell bagged a brace while deployed there.
Meanwhile, whatever possessed anybody to think that Judge, notorious for chasing the ball all over the pitch, would stay put as a fulcrum for the front line? - false nine must mean something, but surely some of the potential for the "nine" bit should be in evidence?

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

McGuinness on 17:31 - Oct 20 with 656 viewsPilgrimblue

McGuinness on 16:48 - Oct 20 by monty_radio

It surprises me how seldom managers consider moving certain defenders forward in a crisis when they're perfectly happy to play strikers and central midfielders on the wing, more natural wingers further back and many a full back in the centre. I agree in principle with what Herbie said in an earlier thread re square pegs in round holes, but when needs must why not pitch a ball-playing defender further forward as a hold-up player. Bam Bam did it, Hawkins reportedly can do it - even Micky Stockwell bagged a brace while deployed there.
Meanwhile, whatever possessed anybody to think that Judge, notorious for chasing the ball all over the pitch, would stay put as a fulcrum for the front line? - false nine must mean something, but surely some of the potential for the "nine" bit should be in evidence?

If Hawkins isn't available then why not move Chambers to lead the attack, I think he's quite enjoy himself!
That would mean either Donacian or McGuiness would fill in at RB.
McGuinness on 17:47 - Oct 20 with 622 viewsAlexGreen

To be fair he has made one first team start in his entire career, in the U23s against us in the cup.

I'd be wary of playing a19yr old on-loan defender upfront on his own in his first ever league match in his life!

If he's played the full 90 and we're chasing a goal in injury time then throw him up top to win the flick-on, but other than that seems almost unfair on him.

Poll: Who from our injured list will play the most games in 20/21

McGuinness on 17:55 - Oct 20 with 610 viewsWickets

McGuinness on 15:45 - Oct 20 by StokieBlue

Is that the primary criteria for our central striker?

SB

Maybe not but it is a help !
McGuinness on 18:01 - Oct 20 with 588 viewsWickets

Hawkins on the bench tonight .
McGuinness on 18:32 - Oct 20 with 545 viewsNthsuffolkblue

McGuinness on 17:47 - Oct 20 by AlexGreen

To be fair he has made one first team start in his entire career, in the U23s against us in the cup.

I'd be wary of playing a19yr old on-loan defender upfront on his own in his first ever league match in his life!

If he's played the full 90 and we're chasing a goal in injury time then throw him up top to win the flick-on, but other than that seems almost unfair on him.

That wasn't a first team fixture for him, was it?

So the young lad has never played a first team fixture at any level for anyone.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024