Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Spencer Davis RIP 17:31 - Oct 20 with 1335 viewsfactual_blue

Aged 81. Couldn't keep on running.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Spencer Davis RIP on 17:44 - Oct 20 with 1304 viewsNthQldITFC

You can't hide forever.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Spencer Davis RIP on 17:48 - Oct 20 with 1303 viewsHARRY10

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-54619718

Spencer Davis RIP on 17:52 - Oct 20 with 1296 viewsblueislander

Regular performer at Bluesville at the Manor Ballroom on a Monday night. When they had their first hit, the gig was moved to St.Matthews Baths Hall. Stevie Winwood was aged 16 , and absolutely amazing.
Spencer Davis RIP on 18:12 - Oct 20 with 1270 viewsWeWereZombies

Spencer Davis RIP on 17:52 - Oct 20 by blueislander

Regular performer at Bluesville at the Manor Ballroom on a Monday night. When they had their first hit, the gig was moved to St.Matthews Baths Hall. Stevie Winwood was aged 16 , and absolutely amazing.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Spencer Davis RIP on 18:15 - Oct 20 with 1264 viewsSwansea_Blue

Spencer Davis RIP on 17:48 - Oct 20 by HARRY10

The 60s and 70s must have been great decades to be music fans through. So much changed over that 20 year period and a lot of it has stood the test of time. So much innovation and progression.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Spencer Davis RIP on 18:24 - Oct 20 with 1247 viewsfactual_blue

Spencer Davis RIP on 18:15 - Oct 20 by Swansea_Blue

The 60s and 70s must have been great decades to be music fans through. So much changed over that 20 year period and a lot of it has stood the test of time. So much innovation and progression.

They were.

Most current day acts are highly derivative/carbon copies of The Beatles, The Kinks, Pink Floyd (before they sold out), and other such acts.
[Post edited 20 Oct 2020 18:25]

Spencer Davis RIP on 18:27 - Oct 20 with 1234 viewsWeWereZombies

Spencer Davis RIP on 18:24 - Oct 20 by factual_blue

They were.

Most current day acts are highly derivative/carbon copies of The Beatles, The Kinks, Pink Floyd (before they sold out), and other such acts.
[Post edited 20 Oct 2020 18:25]

Except, of course, for The Radiohead...

Spencer Davis RIP on 18:36 - Oct 20 with 1226 viewsfactual_blue

Spencer Davis RIP on 18:27 - Oct 20 by WeWereZombies

...who are the battenberg of popular music.

Login to get fewer ads

Spencer Davis RIP on 18:41 - Oct 20 with 1214 viewsWeWereZombies

Spencer Davis RIP on 18:36 - Oct 20 by factual_blue

...who are the battenberg of popular music.

They are, indeed, very very fine

Spencer Davis RIP on 18:41 - Oct 20 with 1214 viewsblueislander

Spencer Davis RIP on 18:15 - Oct 20 by Swansea_Blue

It was indeed. Bluesville hosted such bands as, The Animals, Georgie Fame and The Blueflames, Art Woods , Graham Bond Organisation, Steam Packet which was Long John Baldry, Julie Driscoll, Rod Stewart and The Brian Auger Trinity, too many to name.
Spencer Davis RIP on 18:43 - Oct 20 with 1210 viewsfactual_blue

Spencer Davis RIP on 18:41 - Oct 20 by WeWereZombies

They are, indeed, very very fine

They are, indeed, very very execrable.

Spencer Davis RIP on 18:44 - Oct 20 with 1208 viewsWeWereZombies

Spencer Davis RIP on 18:41 - Oct 20 by blueislander

It was indeed. Bluesville hosted such bands as, The Animals, Georgie Fame and The Blueflames, Art Woods , Graham Bond Organisation, Steam Packet which was Long John Baldry, Julie Driscoll, Rod Stewart and The Brian Auger Trinity, too many to name.

And during the 1970s when I started going to gigs I saw Thin Lizzy, Man, Graham Parker and the Rumour, Renaissance, Judas Priest, Juicy Lucy, East of Eden, The Groundhogs and a good few others at The Manor Ballroom.

Spencer Davis RIP on 19:05 - Oct 20 with 1191 viewsSouthBucksBlue

Spencer Davis RIP on 17:48 - Oct 20 by HARRY10

Only 5 notes but the best ever Hammond organ riff!
Spencer Davis RIP on 19:17 - Oct 20 with 1181 viewsjaykay

i use to go regularly , cant ever remember the animals there. i saw them at the gaumont and alan price set at bluesville / manor house also the thunderbirds with chris farlowe , zoot money and the godfather of u.k. blues john mayall

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Spencer Davis RIP on 19:39 - Oct 20 with 1157 viewsBluespeed225

And The Action! My mates Dad has one the original poster from one of the gigs they played here.
Spencer Davis RIP on 19:58 - Oct 20 with 1141 viewsblueislander

Spencer Davis RIP on 19:17 - Oct 20 by jaykay

i use to go regularly , cant ever remember the animals there. i saw them at the gaumont and alan price set at bluesville / manor house also the thunderbirds with chris farlowe , zoot money and the godfather of u.k. blues john mayall

John Mayall was indeed a regular.
Spencer Davis RIP on 09:03 - Oct 21 with 1105 viewsMonkeyAlan

Spencer Davis RIP on 18:27 - Oct 20 by WeWereZombies

Coldplay are pretty sh!te too!
Spencer Davis RIP on 09:29 - Oct 21 with 1089 viewsWeWereZombies

Spencer Davis RIP on 09:03 - Oct 21 by MonkeyAlan

Coldplay are pretty sh!te too!

Says the poster with a Ricky Gervais avatar about the band led by Chris Martin who Ricky Gervais gave a prime piece of screen time to in 'Derek'...

Whilst checking the spelling of 'Derek' I also noticed a result for the Gervias Desert Island Discs - one was 'Bones' by The Radiohead - quite an achievement to shoot yourself in not one but both feet at the same time Mr. Alan.

Spencer Davis RIP on 09:32 - Oct 21 with 1080 viewsElephantintheRoom

Interesting that this visionary brought a 15 year old Steve Winwood into his group - but passed on a young Reg Dwight when Winwood left.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Spencer Davis RIP on 09:37 - Oct 21 with 1070 viewsblueislander

Spencer Davis RIP on 09:32 - Oct 21 by ElephantintheRoom

Interesting that this visionary brought a 15 year old Steve Winwood into his group - but passed on a young Reg Dwight when Winwood left.

As a musician Winwood is far more accomplished than Elton.
Spencer Davis RIP on 09:51 - Oct 21 with 1058 viewsMonkeyAlan

Spencer Davis RIP on 09:29 - Oct 21 by WeWereZombies

Says the poster with a Ricky Gervais avatar about the band led by Chris Martin who Ricky Gervais gave a prime piece of screen time to in 'Derek'...

Whilst checking the spelling of 'Derek' I also noticed a result for the Gervias Desert Island Discs - one was 'Bones' by The Radiohead - quite an achievement to shoot yourself in not one but both feet at the same time Mr. Alan.

Radiohead and Coldplay are still Sh!te. 2 of the most underwhelming bands of the last 2 decades.
Spencer Davis RIP on 09:59 - Oct 21 with 1050 viewsPinewoodblue

Spencer Davis RIP on 09:32 - Oct 21 by ElephantintheRoom

Steve Winwood on Spencer Davis

Copied from Ready Steady Go Facebook page where it was shared

Statement on the passing of Spencer Davis:

“I’ve known Spencer since I was about 13—he would have been about 22. I was playing a show at Birmingham University with my brother and his band. Spencer, who was a student at Birmingham, was playing with a small group of musicians. We met and the the seeds of The Spencer Davis Group were sown.

Spencer was an early pioneer of the British folk scene, which, in his case embraced folk blues, and eventually what was then called “Rhythm and Blues”. He influenced my tastes in music, he owned the first 12-string guitar I ever saw, and he was taken with the music of Huddie “Lead belly” Ledbetter, and Big Bill Broonzy. I’d already got a big brother who influenced me greatly, and Spencer became like a big brother to me at the time.

He was definitely a man with a vision, and one of the pioneers of the British invasion of America in the sixties. I never went to the U.S. with Spencer, but he later embraced America, and America embraced him.

I feel that he was influential in setting me on the road to becoming a professional musician, and I thank him for that.

Thank you, Spencer.”

- Steve Winwood

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024