Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Holly has been rubbish 20:23 - Oct 20 with 2857 viewsStokieBlue

About the third time he's passed it to their player.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Holly has been rubbish on 20:25 - Oct 20 with 2819 viewsSitfcB

Willoughby?

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Holly has been rubbish on 20:25 - Oct 20 with 2829 viewsStokieBlue

Holly has been rubbish on 20:25 - Oct 20 by SitfcB

Willoughby?

Yes.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Holly has been rubbish on 20:25 - Oct 20 with 2825 viewsLankHenners

Did his best Will Norris impression with that one.

His distribution has been woeful though and that goal was going to happen sooner rather than later this season trying to pass around our own box with a ‘keeper and CB pairing not at all comfortable with it.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Holly has been rubbish on 20:27 - Oct 20 with 2779 viewsDublinBlue84

I've never rated the bloke, he's a good laugh in interview, he's tall and funny.

To some people here it seems to make up for his issues as a footballer.

Not me.

Poll: What result on Tuesday is best for the club?

Holly has been rubbish on 20:27 - Oct 20 with 2770 viewsFrimleyBlue

What is it with GK and defenders playing tippy tappy. Defend and stop goals going in. Kick it and let the the midfield and strikers use the ball.

Even in the top league I hate watching defenders passing it around the back. Causes alot of problems even more so when you haven't got the players comfortable at doing it.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Holly has been rubbish on 20:27 - Oct 20 with 2755 viewsBluecasp

Holly has been rubbish on 20:25 - Oct 20 by LankHenners

His distribution has been woeful though and that goal was going to happen sooner rather than later this season trying to pass around our own box with a ‘keeper and CB pairing not at all comfortable with it.

He really is a very average keeper
Holly has been rubbish on 20:32 - Oct 20 with 2691 viewsDyland

Holly has been rubbish on 20:25 - Oct 20 by LankHenners

Our defence has been decent up till this game... at defending.

The very idea that this back four and Holy can pass it around to tempt teams to come on to them is laughable. And that has always been the case regardless of our general play.

It's delusional, and I'm not going to blame the players for this. They are what they are ffs.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Holly has been rubbish on 20:35 - Oct 20 with 2645 viewsclive_baker

Holly has been rubbish on 20:27 - Oct 20 by Bluecasp

He really is a very average keeper

This has always made me nervous about playing this way, I don't think Holy is good enough with his feet to make it a reality. So much relies on his distribution and while he's got other attributes, that isn't one of them.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Login to get fewer ads

Holly has been rubbish on 20:37 - Oct 20 with 2614 viewsFrimleyBlue

Holly has been rubbish on 20:35 - Oct 20 by clive_baker

This has always made me nervous about playing this way, I don't think Holy is good enough with his feet to make it a reality. So much relies on his distribution and while he's got other attributes, that isn't one of them.

I can't remember the likes of Wright. Mowbray. Venus. Pissing about with it at the back

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Holly has been rubbish on 20:38 - Oct 20 with 2597 viewsjayessess

I'd say the biggest problem was the 2nd, which is a terrible piece of goalkeeping that fully hands them the initiative.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Holly has been rubbish on 20:39 - Oct 20 with 2576 viewspointofblue

Holly has been rubbish on 20:38 - Oct 20 by jayessess

I'd say the biggest problem was the 2nd, which is a terrible piece of goalkeeping that fully hands them the initiative.

To be fair I thought he was unlucky with the second - it was a fluke, he was expecting someone to head the ball which would change the trajectory but it never came

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Holly has been rubbish on 20:42 - Oct 20 with 2544 viewsSwansea_Blue

Holly has been rubbish on 20:27 - Oct 20 by FrimleyBlue

What is it with GK and defenders playing tippy tappy. Defend and stop goals going in. Kick it and let the the midfield and strikers use the ball.

Even in the top league I hate watching defenders passing it around the back. Causes alot of problems even more so when you haven't got the players comfortable at doing it.

Nothing wrong with it at all. IF you can do it, and we can't. Don't have the players for it.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Holly has been rubbish on 20:43 - Oct 20 with 2521 viewsjayessess

Holly has been rubbish on 20:39 - Oct 20 by pointofblue

To be fair I thought he was unlucky with the second - it was a fluke, he was expecting someone to head the ball which would change the trajectory but it never came

Nah, balls come through a pack of players all the time, can't get caught like that, not a ball hit at that pace.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Holly has been rubbish on 21:11 - Oct 20 with 2459 viewsrattram

3 bad goals conceded, but Holy had at least 3 excellent saves on Saturday. Playing out from the back would make sense if we had the players with the confidence (and ability) to do it.
Holly has been rubbish on 21:12 - Oct 20 with 2455 viewspointofblue

Holly has been rubbish on 20:42 - Oct 20 by Swansea_Blue

Nothing wrong with it at all. IF you can do it, and we can't. Don't have the players for it.

Do we have the players to play the long ball game though? Particularly without Hawkins.

Holly has been rubbish on 21:31 - Oct 20 with 2414 viewsGarv

Holly has been rubbish on 21:12 - Oct 20 by pointofblue

Do we have the players to play the long ball game though? Particularly without Hawkins.

No.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Holly has been rubbish on 21:36 - Oct 20 with 2389 viewsGhostOfBenters

Holly has been rubbish on 20:43 - Oct 20 by jayessess

Nah, balls come through a pack of players all the time, can't get caught like that, not a ball hit at that pace.

Nothing Holy could've done with that.
Holly has been rubbish on 21:49 - Oct 20 with 2350 viewsIpswichKnight

Holly has been rubbish on 20:27 - Oct 20 by FrimleyBlue

Only problem with kicking it long is we had no one until Hawkins came on who looked liked they could win anything in the air.
Holly has been rubbish on 21:51 - Oct 20 with 2338 viewspointofblue

Holly has been rubbish on 21:49 - Oct 20 by IpswichKnight

Only problem with kicking it long is we had no one until Hawkins came on who looked liked they could win anything in the air.

The importance of Hawkins is becoming - he allows us to compete for a long ball and can bring other players into the game.

Holly has been rubbish on 23:14 - Oct 20 with 2276 viewsBryanPlug

Holly has been rubbish on 21:36 - Oct 20 by GhostOfBenters

Nothing Holy could've done with that.

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Holly has been rubbish on 12:41 - Oct 21 with 2069 viewsradiogaga

Holy was rubbish yesterday. The 2nd goal is a funny one but it's poor positioning nonetheless, the 4th goal was pathetic having passed it to their player and the shot was hardly in the corner either.

He also got away with an even worse mistake in the first half when he inexplicably floated it to one of their one of their attackers from 18 yards out.

It brings us back to the Cornell error against Spurs in pre season though, are we good enough to be passing the ball out from the back on a frequent basis? With yesterday's back 5, clearly it is a no.

Poll: How many points will Town need to make the off-plays?
Blog: Expectations of Paul Lambert's Ipswich

Holly has been rubbish on 16:58 - Oct 21 with 2001 viewsstrikalite

Holly has been rubbish on 21:12 - Oct 20 by pointofblue

It's true we don't, but there is a time when you have to just go long, even if it just goes out of play, the 4th was an example, teams will press us high in numbers when they see that last night, then Lambo says "blame me" which should worry all of us because if he can't see it then we have no hope...

Christy Pym is the keeper we should have got...all round game is top notch..
Holly has been rubbish on 17:24 - Oct 21 with 1973 viewsSwansea_Blue

I still can't get over us having someone called Holy the goalie. Makes me chuckle every time the commentator says his name (we've already established I need to get out more).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Holly has been rubbish on 17:30 - Oct 21 with 1964 viewsChrisd

Holly has been rubbish on 20:43 - Oct 20 by jayessess

The defence is too deep, as soon as it passes over the defenders which they should’ve done better with, Holy has got little time to react when it bounced through. He probably needed to push them higher up soon as that ball was played to the Donny player who crossed it in.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024