Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Very simple red lines for Shambert 20:42 - Oct 20 with 3963 viewsBluefish

In the front 3 you can have 1 of Judge, Edwards and Sears. Not 2 of them and definitely not 3

In midfield you can have 2 of Nolan, Huws, Dozzell and Downes but not 3 of them

In defence you can have 1 of Toto or Wilson but not both

We will not beat top teams otherwise. We have been found out by refusing to acknowledge our best team

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Very simple red lines for Shambert on 20:44 - Oct 20 with 3588 viewspointofblue

Get Bennetts and Hawkins in for Saturday.

Nolan, Dozzell and Bishop in midfield with Woolfenden returning for Nsiala.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Very simple red lines for Shambert on 20:46 - Oct 20 with 3555 viewsDyland

Very simple red lines for Shambert on 20:44 - Oct 20 by pointofblue

Get Bennetts and Hawkins in for Saturday.

Nolan, Dozzell and Bishop in midfield with Woolfenden returning for Nsiala.

Or Lankester for Bennetts, or subbing either way.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Very simple red lines for Shambert on 21:01 - Oct 20 with 3479 viewsHighgateBlue

What are the similarities between those front three that means that you can't play all of them?

What are the similarities between those 4 midfielders that means that you can't play 3 of them?

What are the similarities between those 2 defender that means that you can't play both of them?

And, crucially, what IS our best side? (from what's available currently...)
Very simple red lines for Shambert on 21:07 - Oct 20 with 3439 viewspointofblue

Very simple red lines for Shambert on 21:01 - Oct 20 by HighgateBlue

What are the similarities between those front three that means that you can't play all of them?

What are the similarities between those 4 midfielders that means that you can't play 3 of them?

What are the similarities between those 2 defender that means that you can't play both of them?

Well, Judge and Huws are both liabilities we cannot afford and Nsiala goes to bits once a mistake is punished...

Very simple red lines for Shambert on 21:14 - Oct 20 with 3411 viewsBluefish

Very simple red lines for Shambert on 21:01 - Oct 20 by HighgateBlue

The front 3 are tidy triers. None of them have particular physicality or dynamism. Judge has close control and no pace, Edwards has pace and no control and sears sits somewhere in the middle but they are all lightweight forwards. Dobra offers ball carrying and Hawkins offers hold up play, Lankester gives us intelligence and Bennetts offers directness. We need a balance of players, the current 3 don't keep the ball well enough nor do they hurt or stretch the opposition.

Those midfielders are all deeper, we need a ball carrier and someone to bring the midfield up to close the gap to the forwards

Toto and Wilson are stoppers, limited ability and there to dona job. We have better defenders to play alongside them or possibly to replace them both. Neither of them has the intelligence to particularly cover for the erratic ability of the other

Hard to say without seeing mcguiness properly or seeing bennetts start the game but....

Holy
Chambers woolf mcguiness kenlock
Dozzell
Huws Bishop
Lankester Hawkins Bennetts

Very simple red lines for Shambert on 21:16 - Oct 20 with 3393 viewspointofblue

Very simple red lines for Shambert on 21:14 - Oct 20 by Bluefish

The front 3 are tidy triers. None of them have particular physicality or dynamism. Judge has close control and no pace, Edwards has pace and no control and sears sits somewhere in the middle but they are all lightweight forwards. Dobra offers ball carrying and Hawkins offers hold up play, Lankester gives us intelligence and Bennetts offers directness. We need a balance of players, the current 3 don't keep the ball well enough nor do they hurt or stretch the opposition.

Those midfielders are all deeper, we need a ball carrier and someone to bring the midfield up to close the gap to the forwards

Toto and Wilson are stoppers, limited ability and there to dona job. We have better defenders to play alongside them or possibly to replace them both. Neither of them has the intelligence to particularly cover for the erratic ability of the other

Hard to say without seeing mcguiness properly or seeing bennetts start the game but....

Holy
Dozzell
Huws Bishop

I know you loathe him but I really wouldn’t drop our one player who is scoring with relative regularity.

Very simple red lines for Shambert on 21:19 - Oct 20 with 3368 viewsBryanPlug

Holy
Dozzell
Huws Bishop

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Very simple red lines for Shambert on 21:20 - Oct 20 with 3357 viewspointofblue

Very simple red lines for Shambert on 21:19 - Oct 20 by BryanPlug

We have very little option at left back if Ward isn’t fit.

Login to get fewer ads

Very simple red lines for Shambert on 21:21 - Oct 20 with 3341 viewsDyland

Holy
Dozzell
Huws Bishop

Good post.

I'd start Edwards though ;)

Very simple red lines for Shambert on 21:22 - Oct 20 with 3341 viewsDyland

Very simple red lines for Shambert on 21:19 - Oct 20 by BryanPlug

So who are you putting there while Ward is out?

Very simple red lines for Shambert on 21:22 - Oct 20 with 3340 viewsBluefish

Very simple red lines for Shambert on 21:16 - Oct 20 by pointofblue

I know you loathe him but I really wouldn’t drop our one player who is scoring with relative regularity.

I wouldn't drop him just yet although he was poor but most were. It is hard to answer that question because he was asking best team on paper, that is what I gave him. For now Edwards has to stay in despite how poor I think he is. We could carry him better and hope he has an impact with a better team balance

Very simple red lines for Shambert on 21:24 - Oct 20 with 3321 viewsBryanPlug

Very simple red lines for Shambert on 21:22 - Oct 20 by Dyland

So who are you putting there while Ward is out?

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Very simple red lines for Shambert on 21:30 - Oct 20 with 3284 viewspointofblue

Very simple red lines for Shambert on 21:22 - Oct 20 by Bluefish

I wouldn't drop him just yet although he was poor but most were. It is hard to answer that question because he was asking best team on paper, that is what I gave him. For now Edwards has to stay in despite how poor I think he is. We could carry him better and hope he has an impact with a better team balance

Considering his performance against Fulham compared to Holy tonight I might steer towards Cornell being our number one. Obviously if we’re picking our best XI with everyone fit then KVY, Ward and Downes would all be in the line up.

Cornell
KVY - Woolfenden - Chambers - Ward
Dozzell - Downes - Bishop
Bennetts - Hawkins - Edwards

I’d probably go with Wilson over McGuinness in place of the injured KVY at the moment and we have very little choice at left back. Nolan’s probably had a better season so far than Huws in replacing Downes.

Very simple red lines for Shambert on 21:54 - Oct 20 with 3223 viewsHighgateBlue

Holy
Dozzell
Huws Bishop

I agree with Woolf. Toto has his limitations and was woeful tonight but has been good this season. McGuinness- don't know enough about him, and two such young CBs might be asking for trouble.

The midfield three - I agree, although Huws was not up to scratch tonight in my view.

Up front is tricky. I agree Hawkins starts if fit, and Lambert agrees too, but he's not fully fit. Bennetts I think will be very interesting, and hopefully a starter, but it's hard to say he should start without knowing more about his fitness. I would start Edwards. I think he's been one of our standout players this season.

We had a few standout players tonight, and all! And not in a good way!

Anyway, I think baby and bathwater come to mind. Let's not overreact, but equally, let's learn from last year that the league table after a few games is not worth a great deal...
Very simple red lines for Shambert on 21:58 - Oct 20 with 3202 viewsBluefish

Very simple red lines for Shambert on 21:54 - Oct 20 by HighgateBlue

I agree with Woolf. Toto has his limitations and was woeful tonight but has been good this season. McGuinness- don't know enough about him, and two such young CBs might be asking for trouble.

The midfield three - I agree, although Huws was not up to scratch tonight in my view.

Up front is tricky. I agree Hawkins starts if fit, and Lambert agrees too, but he's not fully fit. Bennetts I think will be very interesting, and hopefully a starter, but it's hard to say he should start without knowing more about his fitness. I would start Edwards. I think he's been one of our standout players this season.

We had a few standout players tonight, and all! And not in a good way!

Anyway, I think baby and bathwater come to mind. Let's not overreact, but equally, let's learn from last year that the league table after a few games is not worth a great deal...

It isnt baby and bathwater though. These are changes i have asked for all season, it is about playing your best side with balance. Exactly the things he should have learned last season.

I leave the blowing with the wind to others on this board, the sort that oddly get praise for balance

Very simple red lines for Shambert on 22:06 - Oct 20 with 3157 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

That was our best available team going in to tonight, they were all there on merit because they deserved to be so having started the season so well.

Have to give the back line a chance to bounce back at Lincoln, have enough credit in the bank I feel.

Bishop for Huws
Lankester for Judge
Hawkins for Sears

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Very simple red lines for Shambert on 22:11 - Oct 20 with 3125 viewspointofblue

Very simple red lines for Shambert on 22:06 - Oct 20 by TheTrueBlue1878

That was our best available team going in to tonight, they were all there on merit because they deserved to be so having started the season so well.

Have to give the back line a chance to bounce back at Lincoln, have enough credit in the bank I feel.

Bishop for Huws
Lankester for Judge
Hawkins for Sears

Lincoln put five past us last season. Pick that backline after the shambles tonight...

Very simple red lines for Shambert on 22:15 - Oct 20 with 3101 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Very simple red lines for Shambert on 22:11 - Oct 20 by pointofblue

Lincoln put five past us last season. Pick that backline after the shambles tonight...

Sends a bad message I believe that if you make an individual error in one game you are straight out for the next. I can understand if a player makes a succession of errors they can be pulled but off one game it’s not a good message to send out.

Will only fill the players with nerves, and they aren’t great footballers as it is, so it is important to try and maintain some confidence within themselves.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Very simple red lines for Shambert on 22:50 - Oct 20 with 3031 viewsPinewoodblue

Holy
Dozzell
Huws Bishop

Only change I would suggest to your eleven is Edwards for Lankester, the latter to come on as a sub, probably for Edwards.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Very simple red lines for Shambert on 05:47 - Oct 21 with 2869 viewstextbackup

Judge is never a starter for me. He’s had 2 season of being absolutely sht.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Very simple red lines for Shambert on 07:02 - Oct 21 with 2808 viewsitfc_bucks

Your case ref the midfield has some merit, but given the paucity of available forwards, I'd comfortably argue the Lambert had few options last night.

Hawkins was clearly not 100% and looked it when he came on and nobody really knows where Lankester and Bennett are at yet. They may be ready, they really may not be.

I strongly suspect that this is the last we've seen of the Toto/Wilson combo. We were waiting for them to be found out and they have been.

The shakiness of Holy worries me too.
Very simple red lines for Shambert on 07:12 - Oct 21 with 2787 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Very simple red lines for Shambert on 22:15 - Oct 20 by TheTrueBlue1878

Sends a bad message I believe that if you make an individual error in one game you are straight out for the next. I can understand if a player makes a succession of errors they can be pulled but off one game it’s not a good message to send out.

Will only fill the players with nerves, and they aren’t great footballers as it is, so it is important to try and maintain some confidence within themselves.

Actually agree, but can’t wait for you to start justifying it when we now make 5 changes on Saturday...

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Very simple red lines for Shambert on 16:26 - Oct 21 with 2581 viewsBluefish

Very simple red lines for Shambert on 16:44 - Oct 21 with 2560 viewsPilgrimblue

Our best team are still in the treatment room or on the bench
Very simple red lines for Shambert on 18:20 - Oct 21 with 2516 viewsIpswichBoyBlue

Really happy for you mate. Last nights result was a marvel and you should feel totally vindicated. Hope you don't get many more days like that, but enjoy your moment.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024