Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Beat ourselves tonight 20:58 - Oct 20 with 1632 viewsitfcjoe

Some really poor errors and goals to concede - the second was so soft and knocked the stuffing out of us which is a worry.

I think a game like that defensively was coming, over recent weeks both Holy and Nsiala have made numerous errors which haven't been punished - often because they've got themselves out of trouble admittedly. Worrying how badly both their heads went after an error, Holy after his poor kick in the first half and Nsiala from the start of the second half.

We really missed a big striker, to release the pressure valve when they had their spells in the games, which was a concern earlier for me - too many players had poor games and when that happens you will lose.....Holy, Nsiala, Kenlock, Dozzell, Nolan, Huws and Judge all had poor games.

I don't think it will be long before we see Woolfie and Cornell in the team as both much more comfortable in this style; I wonder how long Lambert gives players to get bad games out of their system as has been consistent with his selections so far, quite rightly

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Beat ourselves tonight on 21:08 - Oct 20 with 1545 viewsStadiumofdark

Yep - be interesting team on Sat.
Woolfie, Ward (hopefully), Bishop, Lankester (or Bennets) and Hawkins to start for me.

Judge, Nolan, Sears, Kenlock and Toto can sit it out.
Beat ourselves tonight on 21:10 - Oct 20 with 1518 viewsFunge

Beat ourselves tonight on 21:08 - Oct 20 by Stadiumofdark

Yep - be interesting team on Sat.
Woolfie, Ward (hopefully), Bishop, Lankester (or Bennets) and Hawkins to start for me.

Judge, Nolan, Sears, Kenlock and Toto can sit it out.

All of those players deserve to be dropped, along with Holy - but, other than perhaps Ward in for Kenlock, none of them will be.
Beat ourselves tonight on 21:11 - Oct 20 with 1504 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Very good and balanced assessment Joe.

Not good enough tonight, absolutely not, but individual errors cost us tonight. Nsiala really let his head go tonight, looked a little all over the place in the end. Holy likewise. I actually thought Wilson was generally poor tonight although no glaring errors.

Huws and Nolan a little too passive in there, never looked like they would be the ones to unlock Donny.

Do Sears and Judge offer enough in the final third, I’m not so sure. Need a focal point Saturday in Hawkins. Need that little bit more flair in the wide area to match Edwards, Lankester the obvious choice.

We’ve had a good start to the season but got a deserved beating tonight, interesting to see how what the reaction from both Lambert and the players will be. I don’t think they should lose their shirt following one poor game as most have probably built up enough credit in the bank to date.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Beat ourselves tonight on 21:12 - Oct 20 with 1490 viewsStadiumofdark

Beat ourselves tonight on 21:10 - Oct 20 by Funge

All of those players deserve to be dropped, along with Holy - but, other than perhaps Ward in for Kenlock, none of them will be.

I just can't stand watching Nolan's twists and turns and backwards passes. Does my head in.
Beat ourselves tonight on 21:13 - Oct 20 with 1486 viewsDanTheMan

Agree with all that, especially in regards to our reaction to going behind. Was like someone flicked a switch and they collectively all forgot how well they'd be doing recently.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Beat ourselves tonight on 21:16 - Oct 20 with 1458 viewsitfcjoe

Beat ourselves tonight on 21:12 - Oct 20 by Stadiumofdark

I just can't stand watching Nolan's twists and turns and backwards passes. Does my head in.

He played like last season tonight - so safely and negative

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Beat ourselves tonight on 21:19 - Oct 20 with 1434 viewspointofblue

Beat ourselves tonight on 21:16 - Oct 20 by itfcjoe

It sounds like most players regressed to last season’s form.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Beat ourselves tonight on 21:19 - Oct 20 with 1436 viewsDyland

Beat ourselves tonight on 21:16 - Oct 20 by itfcjoe

Completely went into his shell. Ponderous, and only looking backwards. Nervous. And he's developed this tick of his left arm sticking out as he goes backwards looking for a safe pass. Kenlock has the arm sticking out thing as well, maybe it's catching.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Login to get fewer ads

Beat ourselves tonight on 21:21 - Oct 20 with 1403 viewsDinnernotTea

Beat ourselves tonight on 21:12 - Oct 20 by Stadiumofdark

Don't know if you remember but there was one point the ball broke to him when Donny were on the edge of our box, he had acres to drive into to release pressure. He then jogged constantly looking behind him and then yep passed backwards. He and Judge make me wince every time I watch them.

Beware of The Ipswich Cabbages

Beat ourselves tonight on 21:53 - Oct 20 with 1301 viewsericclacton

We were forced into errors by a very lively well drilled team....Moore 1 Lambert 0

Beat ourselves tonight on 21:58 - Oct 20 with 1260 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Beat ourselves tonight on 21:19 - Oct 20 by pointofblue

It sounds like most players regressed to last season’s form.

Certainly shades of it from the players. In that form, Huws/Nolan/Judge/Sears unfortunately won’t create you enough going forward.

Add in Nsiala of last year, and a nervous Holy making individual errors, was a recipe for disaster.
[Post edited 20 Oct 2020 22:17]

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Beat ourselves tonight on 22:02 - Oct 20 with 1220 viewsMaySixth

Great post.

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Beat ourselves tonight on 22:12 - Oct 20 with 1172 viewsclive_baker

Re. team selection, to be fair to Lambert I do agree that he can't be changing a winning side, and by and large he's been true to that over recent weeks so fair play for that, despite on paper it perhaps not being everyone's best XI. This result & performance probably gives him that opportunity to get Woolfenden back in, certainly Ward bring back if he's fit, maybe even Lankester & Bennetts from the start too.

Cornell for Holy is only a matter of time IMO, if we're going to play this system. Holy's a bit unit and he commands his box well when it comes to collecting crosses, but he's not good enough with his feet.

Dozzell & Chambers were the only players to come out of tonight with too much credit, and even they weren't of the standard we've come to expect. I think the harsh reality is we met a better side tonight, they won the midfield battle hands down for the most part. Whiteman & Gomes taught us a lesson. Huws & Nolan didn't lay a glove on them.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Beat ourselves tonight on 22:15 - Oct 20 with 1146 viewsDeano69

I was thinking this is going to be 3or4 - 1 tonight as our goal went in. Weren’t far wrong, except we seem to somehow turn in to a right mess and ended up the wrong end of 4-1.
Too many below average performances to point anyone in particular out. No idea why our confidence fell to pieces directly after going one up. Literally every player that gets slated on here seemed keen to prove them right.

Oh well, on to the next one
[Post edited 20 Oct 2020 22:17]

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Beat ourselves tonight on 22:22 - Oct 20 with 1100 viewsTieDyedIn95

Beat ourselves tonight on 22:12 - Oct 20 by clive_baker

Re. team selection, to be fair to Lambert I do agree that he can't be changing a winning side, and by and large he's been true to that over recent weeks so fair play for that, despite on paper it perhaps not being everyone's best XI. This result & performance probably gives him that opportunity to get Woolfenden back in, certainly Ward bring back if he's fit, maybe even Lankester & Bennetts from the start too.

Cornell for Holy is only a matter of time IMO, if we're going to play this system. Holy's a bit unit and he commands his box well when it comes to collecting crosses, but he's not good enough with his feet.

Dozzell & Chambers were the only players to come out of tonight with too much credit, and even they weren't of the standard we've come to expect. I think the harsh reality is we met a better side tonight, they won the midfield battle hands down for the most part. Whiteman & Gomes taught us a lesson. Huws & Nolan didn't lay a glove on them.

To be fair on the manager he would have been mad to change it, and given how well Donny played I think they'd have still beaten us because we don't have any fight for when teams play like that, they all vanished.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024