Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Formation based on forum comments for Lincoln 05:32 - Oct 21 with 914 viewsCanadianBlue

Based upon what the board feels is best, following the Doncaster result:

-------------------Cornell------------------------
Chambers - Wolf --- Wilson ---- Kenlock-
-----------Huws - Bishop- Dozzell-----------
------Bennetts----------------------Edwards-
-------------------Hawkins---------------------

Subs: Holy, Nsiala, McGuiness, Nolan, Judge, Lancaster, ????

???? can fit any U23/U18 player who warrants an appearance fee if we're winning. Simpson? Folami? Brown?
[Post edited 21 Oct 2020 5:33]
Formation based on forum comments for Lincoln on 06:32 - Oct 21 with 865 viewsHeadWestBlue

We got battered last night
We got battered at Lincoln last season.
We know it will be a tough game.
We need to prepare for a tough game.
We are short of proven goal scoring strikers.
We need to close the back door.
Tinkering with the formation and plan used this season to date may not be enough for Saturday.
We need a game plan for the next match vs Lincoln, albeit it may not be our desired way of wanting to play.

I propose:

Cornell
Woolf....Toto....Wilson
Chambers... ...Kenlock
Nolan..Dozzell..Edwards
Bishop
Hawkins

This is not about attacking wingbacks...
it is about helping to close the back door, avoiding defeat.
It keeps Bishop & Edwards our goalscorers to date in the team and gives us a big man to aim for.

I think we can nick a 1-0 at Lincoln... I don’t think we are ever gonna stick 4 past them like we did vs Blackpool.
Formation based on forum comments for Lincoln on 07:04 - Oct 21 with 832 viewsChrisd

Personally, I would only make 1 or 2 changes and I'd send the majority of last night's side back out against Lincoln to show themselves and everyone else the Doncaster result was a blip. If then we get done at SIncil Bank on Saturday then I would look to make changes for the Gillingham game. Having a huge overall like some were suggesting last night, sets the wrong precedent, but I feel that was more a reflection of a disappointing result. Those players got us to the top of the league and some were being praised for improved performances this season, they deserve the opportunity to go again and prove the doubters wrong.
[Post edited 21 Oct 2020 7:06]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Formation based on forum comments for Lincoln on 07:35 - Oct 21 with 790 viewsHerbivore

Formation based on forum comments for Lincoln on 06:32 - Oct 21 by HeadWestBlue

Tinkering with the formation and plan used this season to date may not be enough for Saturday.
We need a game plan for the next match vs Lincoln, albeit it may not be our desired way of wanting to play.

I propose:

Cornell
Woolf....Toto....Wilson
Chambers... ...Kenlock
Nolan..Dozzell..Edwards
Bishop
Hawkins

It keeps Bishop & Edwards our goalscorers to date in the team and gives us a big man to aim for.

I think we can nick a 1-0 at Lincoln... I don’t think we are ever gonna stick 4 past them like we did vs Blackpool.

It's Lincoln ffs, they were non-league a few years ago. We shouldn't be going there playing 5-4-1 and parking the bus. Some perspective is needed. We have better players than them, we should be going there to win.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Formation based on forum comments for Lincoln on 09:23 - Oct 21 with 686 viewsrickw

Formation based on forum comments for Lincoln on 06:32 - Oct 21 by HeadWestBlue

I propose:

Cornell
Woolf....Toto....Wilson
Chambers... ...Kenlock
Nolan..Dozzell..Edwards
Bishop
Hawkins

541 defending - hello Mick McCarthy when did you join this board?

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

Formation based on forum comments for Lincoln on 09:24 - Oct 21 with 681 viewsrickw

I'd be happy with this, I'd perhaps like to see Lankester starting ahead of Bennetts, but that's still good - just a shame we haven't got Downes to call on!
[Post edited 21 Oct 2020 9:30]

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

Formation based on forum comments for Lincoln on 09:45 - Oct 21 with 643 viewspete81

Formation based on forum comments for Lincoln on 09:24 - Oct 21 by rickw

I'd be happy with this, I'd perhaps like to see Lankester starting ahead of Bennetts, but that's still good - just a shame we haven't got Downes to call on!
[Post edited 21 Oct 2020 9:30]

It seems as if the missing of a Downes/Skuse type was the biggest of a number of problems last night. Give Mcgavin a go in the more competitive midfield role??
Its bizarre we have highly rated centre halves and wide men who cant get a start but with Downes and Skuse out we have 3 months of no cover in that position and surely this will hurt us again?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024