Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nolan 09:55 - Oct 21 with 2842 viewsBiGDonnie

Really flatters to deceive. Didn't do much either end of the pitch yesterday. Same for Huws.

Our best midfield three is definitely Dozzer, Downes and Bish.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Nolan on 10:06 - Oct 21 with 2616 viewshomer_123

I've been saying for ages that neither Nolan nor Judge should be in the first team.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Nolan on 10:25 - Oct 21 with 2592 viewsLankHenners

He'd started the season like the player we thought we'd signed but last night played like the player we actually signed.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

deffo (n/t) on 10:27 - Oct 21 with 2583 viewsDyland

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Nolan on 10:54 - Oct 21 with 2538 viewsSWGF

I'm close to giving up with Nolan. I'm sick and tired of watching him play so cautiously, shirking challenges, etc, especially after the very brief change of tack in the early matches. Any of our academy/young midfielders could do what he's doing.

Sadly, the more Huws plays, the more he's playing himself out of the team. He's not getting forward as much, his passing has been off in each match.
As frustrating as it is for us to watch, I can't imagine what he's feeling in terms of not being able to play as he could/wants. No idea what the solution is.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Nolan on 11:23 - Oct 21 with 2496 viewsJon_456

Nolan on 10:25 - Oct 21 by LankHenners

He'd started the season like the player we thought we'd signed but last night played like the player we actually signed.

Has he started the season well though?

From what I've seen he's played the same pretty much every game but we've just done enough to win games so he hasn't come in for criticism.

Hugely frustrating as I dont think he is a bad player but he always seems scared to receive the ball or actually do anything with it when in possession.
Nolan on 11:45 - Oct 21 with 2444 viewstractorboy1978

Nolan on 11:23 - Oct 21 by Jon_456

From what I've seen he's played the same pretty much every game but we've just done enough to win games so he hasn't come in for criticism.

Hugely frustrating as I dont think he is a bad player but he always seems scared to receive the ball or actually do anything with it when in possession.

His performance last night compared to Bristol Rovers away was chalk and cheese.
Nolan on 11:47 - Oct 21 with 2437 viewsPrideOfTheEast

It's the amount of touches that he needs to do very basic things...but that's why he's playing in League 1. Incredible having seen him play and his limitations that we paid what we did for him and somebody thought he could do it at a higher level.
Nolan on 11:48 - Oct 21 with 2438 viewsLankHenners

Yes he has, much better at getting forwards and scoring goals. However last night was a return to the ultra-safe, negative, zero-influence performance we've been used to.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Login to get fewer ads

Nolan on 13:17 - Oct 21 with 2369 viewsgordon

Yes, he hasn't really been that much different, when we get position he frequently just drops very deep to receive the ball in a comfortable area and then plays a negative pass.

In a line-up with Dozzell, Huws, Judge and Nolan all playing there's very little ability to actually carry the ball forward or beat a man (only leaves Edwards, and Sears to an extent).
Nolan on 13:26 - Oct 21 with 2354 viewsitfcjoe

Nolan on 11:48 - Oct 21 by LankHenners

Yes he has, much better at getting forwards and scoring goals. However last night was a return to the ultra-safe, negative, zero-influence performance we've been used to.

Yep - was a real concern and frustration to watch

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Nolan on 14:22 - Oct 21 with 2288 viewsNo1TommySmith

Nolan on 13:26 - Oct 21 by itfcjoe

Yep - was a real concern and frustration to watch

All players have an off day, he's been solid for us and think we should try and support the players rather than jump on their back as soon as they have a bad performance, Chambers on the other hand, we're going nowhere quick with him as captain, I can tell you that for free.
Nolan on 14:25 - Oct 21 with 2275 viewsBiGDonnie

Nolan on 14:22 - Oct 21 by No1TommySmith

All players have an off day, he's been solid for us and think we should try and support the players rather than jump on their back as soon as they have a bad performance, Chambers on the other hand, we're going nowhere quick with him as captain, I can tell you that for free.

Chambers has been solid at right back I think...

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Nolan on 14:30 - Oct 21 with 2267 viewsNo1TommySmith

Nolan on 14:25 - Oct 21 by BiGDonnie

Chambers has been solid at right back I think...

Him at right back & Toto next to him is far too slow, give the armband to steady Freddie and get someone who can actually run in at right back, gotta be done.
Nolan on 14:35 - Oct 21 with 2254 viewslongtimefan

Nolan on 14:30 - Oct 21 by No1TommySmith

Him at right back & Toto next to him is far too slow, give the armband to steady Freddie and get someone who can actually run in at right back, gotta be done.

Jesus! I thought some of the criticism of Chambers last season was valid, but when he’s been outstanding, as he has this year, this is just weird.
Nolan on 14:42 - Oct 21 with 2245 viewsNo1TommySmith

Nolan on 14:35 - Oct 21 by longtimefan

Jesus! I thought some of the criticism of Chambers last season was valid, but when he’s been outstanding, as he has this year, this is just weird.

Do you think him and Toto or any of our other centre backs partnered with Chambo have enough between them to stop any player with half an ounce of pace? I'm not blaming them per se, it's not their fault they're slow, but come on, we want to get play offs at least don't we?
Nolan on 15:12 - Oct 21 with 2210 viewsgordon

Nolan on 14:30 - Oct 21 by No1TommySmith

As second-choice right-backs go in League One, Luke Chambers is not that bad!
Nolan on 15:34 - Oct 21 with 2181 viewslongtimefan

Nolan on 14:42 - Oct 21 by No1TommySmith

Do you think him and Toto or any of our other centre backs partnered with Chambo have enough between them to stop any player with half an ounce of pace? I'm not blaming them per se, it's not their fault they're slow, but come on, we want to get play offs at least don't we?

I’ve yet to see Chambers out-paced this season. As for Freddie, I’d suggest he might not even be in the starting 11 with Hawkins fit, let alone Captain
Nolan on 16:40 - Oct 21 with 2148 viewsPilgrimblue

Nolan on 15:34 - Oct 21 by longtimefan

I’ve yet to see Chambers out-paced this season. As for Freddie, I’d suggest he might not even be in the starting 11 with Hawkins fit, let alone Captain

Just on the subject of Chambers , hes had a good start and what he lacks in pace he does at least have experience.
However on the issue of Nolan, I'm not sure what he actually brings to the team. PL needs to decide what and then fire him up.
Nolan on 16:42 - Oct 21 with 2147 viewsblueconscience

Nolan on 10:54 - Oct 21 by SWGF

I'm close to giving up with Nolan. I'm sick and tired of watching him play so cautiously, shirking challenges, etc, especially after the very brief change of tack in the early matches. Any of our academy/young midfielders could do what he's doing.

Sadly, the more Huws plays, the more he's playing himself out of the team. He's not getting forward as much, his passing has been off in each match.
As frustrating as it is for us to watch, I can't imagine what he's feeling in terms of not being able to play as he could/wants. No idea what the solution is.

So one bad game (like all players yesterday) and he is useless again. Interesting.
[Post edited 21 Oct 2020 16:43]

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

Nolan on 17:55 - Oct 21 with 2097 viewsSWGF

Nolan on 16:42 - Oct 21 by blueconscience

So one bad game (like all players yesterday) and he is useless again. Interesting.
[Post edited 21 Oct 2020 16:43]

How many games has Nolan played for us? 50? Out of that 50, how many good ones? Is it, therefore, "one bad game" or were the two good ones this season actually the outlier?

Interesting.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?

Nolan on 17:57 - Oct 21 with 2096 viewsblueconscience

Nolan on 17:55 - Oct 21 by SWGF

How many games has Nolan played for us? 50? Out of that 50, how many good ones? Is it, therefore, "one bad game" or were the two good ones this season actually the outlier?

Interesting.

I mean this season. People were actually praising his performances this year up to yesterday. But one poor performance and he is useless again!!!

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

Nolan on 18:07 - Oct 21 with 2073 viewsSWGF

Nolan on 17:57 - Oct 21 by blueconscience

I mean this season. People were actually praising his performances this year up to yesterday. But one poor performance and he is useless again!!!

What's wrong with highlighting both, in line with relative performances? Praising when someone's playing well and raising concerns when they're not? Or do you have to have one opinion and stick to it, regardless?

I'd suggest that, on the current weight of evidence, he's useless far more often than he's good.

Nolan on 18:16 - Oct 21 with 2053 viewsblueconscience

Nolan on 18:07 - Oct 21 by SWGF

What's wrong with highlighting both, in line with relative performances? Praising when someone's playing well and raising concerns when they're not? Or do you have to have one opinion and stick to it, regardless?

I'd suggest that, on the current weight of evidence, he's useless far more often than he's good.

Nothing personal, it is just funny how opinion can vary sop much match to match. And he was 1 of 11 poor players yesterday. So they should all be dropped.

Nolan on 19:33 - Oct 21 with 2005 viewsIpswichBoyBlue

Think he has started the season ok. Never change a winning side. I get that some need rest, but we have to take the risk. Never change a winning side. Confidence would have been right up before last night, now the same fragile mentality might creep back in. Never change a winning side.
Nolan on 19:46 - Oct 21 with 1995 viewsJon_456

Nolan on 18:16 - Oct 21 by blueconscience

Nothing personal, it is just funny how opinion can vary sop much match to match. And he was 1 of 11 poor players yesterday. So they should all be dropped.

It’s probably more a case of one section of fans who rate him highlight how ‘well’ he plays when he does have a good game, and another section of fans who don’t rate him then highlight when he doesn’t play well. Rather than the same fans changing their opinion from game to game.

He’s been here two years now though and I would really struggle to say what he does well.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024