Quantcast
Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So, 4 goals, 4 errors.. 11:41 - Oct 21 with 1724 viewschrisswailes

1st: Wilson
2nd: Total fluke *multitude of errors*
3rd: Nsiala
4th: Holy

I don't rate PL, but surely last night can just be a one-off.

The above should keep their place and get another chance. If they mess up again, time to change.

"Keep the shirt" shouldn't extend to players being afraid of making one mistake.
[Post edited 21 Oct 11:45]

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA
Poll: Who said "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"?

So, 4 goals, 4 errors.. on 11:43 - Oct 21 with 1277 viewsGhostOfBenters

You've only listed 3 errors there.
So, 4 goals, 4 errors.. on 11:45 - Oct 21 with 1252 viewschrisswailes

So, 4 goals, 4 errors.. on 11:43 - Oct 21 by GhostOfBenters

You've only listed 3 errors there.

Updated.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA
Poll: Who said "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"?

So, 4 goals, 4 errors.. on 11:46 - Oct 21 with 1230 viewsWallingford_Boy

So did those three only make one error each for the entire game?

Has there not been warning signs in previous games?

Saying that, I'd actually be tempted to keep Wilson in, but bring back Woolfie.

I don't think PL will drop Holy either, but he sure does need to look at his distribution at the moment!!

RIP Sir Bobby

So, 4 goals, 4 errors.. on 11:47 - Oct 21 with 1209 viewsBluefish

1st one is toto and Wilson. 2nd one is possibly Wilson but hard to see. He was the defender in that zone and he didn't head away, it isn't fluke it is bad defending

Yet again proved right and has the whole board on strings. Cheers They wished for this and got their way. Every village has an idiot and Suffolk has a lot of villages, Never been wrong, Odious smug little chap
Poll: Who should be the next ITFC boss
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

So, 4 goals, 4 errors.. on 11:47 - Oct 21 with 1222 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Yeah agree. Happy to put it down to a really bad night where we got punished for everything. Lincoln is the real test now.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

So, 4 goals, 4 errors.. on 11:48 - Oct 21 with 1219 viewsSouperJim

I think dropping Wilson and/or Nsiala is a tough call as they've performed well before last night, but we do have Woolf and McGuiness who on paper at least seem to fit the ball retention style we're going for. I don't like to see players lose their place as soon as they put a foot wrong, but there is a fair argument that if we stick with them we are potentially limiting ourselves.

For me Holy has looked wobbly for a few games now, you can't underestimate the impact that has on the players in front of him and I think Cornell probably deserves a chance to show if he can be more reliable.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

So, 4 goals, 4 errors.. on 11:51 - Oct 21 with 1199 viewsLankHenners

The goals were errors but we were playing so poorly we were likely to make them.

If we hadn't had the season we had last year then I think people would be more charitable but it's hard not to fear we're looking at a repeat given the amount of crap like last night already seen under PL.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

So, 4 goals, 4 errors.. on 11:56 - Oct 21 with 1173 viewshomer_123

So, 4 goals, 4 errors.. on 11:51 - Oct 21 by LankHenners

The goals were errors but we were playing so poorly we were likely to make them.

If we hadn't had the season we had last year then I think people would be more charitable but it's hard not to fear we're looking at a repeat given the amount of crap like last night already seen under PL.

Nothing new here. by homer_123 20 Oct 20:51
A tougher test...not up to the mark tonight.

As we have seen for a while now...against better teams we get punished for basic errors.

We got away with Saturday's performance. Low and behold....not tonight against a better, more organised team.

Injury issues aside....this performance and result feels all too familiar.

Deja vu.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: Who won't play many games this season?

Login to get fewer ads

So, 4 goals, 4 errors.. on 11:56 - Oct 21 with 1173 viewshomer_123

I posted this last night:

Nothing new here. by homer_123 20 Oct 20:51
A tougher test...not up to the mark tonight.

As we have seen for a while now...against better teams we get punished for basic errors.

We got away with Saturday's performance. Low and behold....not tonight against a better, more organised team.

Injury issues aside....this performance and result feels all too familiar.

Deja vu.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: Who won't play many games this season?

So, 4 goals, 4 errors.. on 11:58 - Oct 21 with 1159 viewscatch74

If you look at the flip side - Woolfenden only sidelined due to injury, done nothing wrong. Surley he expects to be playing, especially as he’s far more comfortable on the ball and with the way we’re looking to play. Will Ward stay on the bench when back? - need to look to the future if we can and Woolfenden should be a priority.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

So, 4 goals, 4 errors.. on 11:59 - Oct 21 with 1154 viewsclive_baker

I thought the first goal was overwhelmingly Toto's misjudgement. We had everything behind the ball, good shape and Donny were struggling to penetrate our box and there was no need for him to step up and try and win that ball, it was amateurish.

2nd was just unlucky really. It was a dangerous ball into the box, probably should've defended it better but these things happen.

3rd Toto got skinned, if you're going to foul him do it straight away, don't wait until he's in the box. At that point you might as well hope Wilson can cover or Holy saves it.

4th less said the better. Absolute t0ss from Holy who was lucky to get away with one earlier. Lucky on Saturday with the one he hit against Dozzell that could've gone anywhere. He's good at commanding his box with aerial balls as you would expect of a keeper of his size but he's dreadful with his feet which was quite apparent even last season and the reason Norris was ahead of him so much, despite him making numerous c0ck ups.

Last night I don't think anyone can criticise the selection off the back of the start we had. What this result does do is it allows PL to proceed with his best XI now some players are back fit, such as Woolfenden & Lankester.

If we're intent on playing this shorter brand of football, overplaying at the back then we need better footballers or we'll gift goals to better sides on the regular. Holy / Toto / Wilson / Kenlock aren't at that level. Solid enough blockers, but don't ask or expect them to be Baresi.

Personally, if I were Lambert I would take this opportunity as my 'free hit' to freshen it up at Lincoln and bring the others back into the fold to what closer resembles a first XI on paper. I don't think anyone could really criticise him for that after a 4-1 defeat in which nobody played particularly well.

Poll: Are you happy with the lineup today?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

So, 4 goals, 4 errors.. on 12:06 - Oct 21 with 1111 viewsPJH

So, 4 goals, 4 errors.. on 11:58 - Oct 21 by catch74

If you look at the flip side - Woolfenden only sidelined due to injury, done nothing wrong. Surley he expects to be playing, especially as he’s far more comfortable on the ball and with the way we’re looking to play. Will Ward stay on the bench when back? - need to look to the future if we can and Woolfenden should be a priority.

I think we have to look at getting our best available players into the starting team so that, in my view, would be Woolfenden now and Ward as soon as available.

Don't suppose Arsenal have sent McGuinness here just to watch games either.

We also have our best RB, probably best midfielder and best attacking player unavailable at the moment.

Possibly also have our best goalkeeper on the bench judging by last night.

So, 4 goals, 4 errors.. on 12:09 - Oct 21 with 1099 viewsKropotkin123

I remember seeing Coventry concede 4 in one game last season and wondered how they could possibly be top six, completely expecting them to fall away.

Biggest weakness over the past few season is how we deal with set backs, both in game and long term. So it doesn't look promising however you cut it. But it definitely sets us up for a season defining moment.

Can we put it behind us and take it out on Lincoln? Can we go on another winning run? Fingers crossed for the club, because another year in this division will be very damaging to us.

Lambo delenda est
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

So, 4 goals, 4 errors.. on 12:19 - Oct 21 with 1057 viewscatch74

So, 4 goals, 4 errors.. on 12:06 - Oct 21 by PJH

I think we have to look at getting our best available players into the starting team so that, in my view, would be Woolfenden now and Ward as soon as available.

Don't suppose Arsenal have sent McGuinness here just to watch games either.

We also have our best RB, probably best midfielder and best attacking player unavailable at the moment.

Possibly also have our best goalkeeper on the bench judging by last night.

Agreed, maybe let Holy and Toto have another game, would be nice to see:

Holy
Chambers, Nsiala, Woolfenden, Ward
Dozzell, Bishop, Huws (has to have a belter)
Lankester or Bennetts Hawkins Edwards

for Saturday.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

So, 4 goals, 4 errors.. on 12:21 - Oct 21 with 1051 viewsitfcjoe

So, 4 goals, 4 errors.. on 11:47 - Oct 21 by Bluefish

1st one is toto and Wilson. 2nd one is possibly Wilson but hard to see. He was the defender in that zone and he didn't head away, it isn't fluke it is bad defending

Holy has got to get there, there is zero pace on the ball - those ones that flash in like that are really dangerous (Beckham in first home game back in the PL). He's got to do better

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

So, 4 goals, 4 errors.. on 12:22 - Oct 21 with 1052 viewsitfcjoe

So, 4 goals, 4 errors.. on 11:51 - Oct 21 by LankHenners

I don't think that is fair with regards to the first and second - at that point we were on top, I can't even remember them having a shot before their goal?

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

So, 4 goals, 4 errors.. on 12:27 - Oct 21 with 1016 viewsLankHenners

So, 4 goals, 4 errors.. on 12:22 - Oct 21 by itfcjoe

I don't think that is fair with regards to the first and second - at that point we were on top, I can't even remember them having a shot before their goal?

Yeah I was referring to from when they went in front as we were then poor for the majority of the game. The 4th goal was on the cards all night though and nearly happened earlier on but for Toto managing to throw himself into a block.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

So, 4 goals, 4 errors.. on 12:36 - Oct 21 with 983 viewslongtimefan

So, 4 goals, 4 errors.. on 11:47 - Oct 21 by Bluefish

Second one looks to me like Dozzell mistimes his attempted leap to head the ball and as a consequence sells Edwards a complete dummy.
So, 4 goals, 4 errors.. on 12:39 - Oct 21 with 960 viewsBent_double

So, 4 goals, 4 errors.. on 12:09 - Oct 21 by Kropotkin123

I remember seeing Coventry concede 4 in one game last season and wondered how they could possibly be top six, completely expecting them to fall away.

Biggest weakness over the past few season is how we deal with set backs, both in game and long term. So it doesn't look promising however you cut it. But it definitely sets us up for a season defining moment.

Can we put it behind us and take it out on Lincoln? Can we go on another winning run? Fingers crossed for the club, because another year in this division will be very damaging to us.

See also Hull this season - lost 4-1 a couple of games ago, but have won all other games - usually without conceding.

Unfortunately, it's Lincoln away next, not exactly a happy-hunting ground for us so far...

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

So, 4 goals, 4 errors.. on 12:46 - Oct 21 with 935 viewsgordon

Nsiala certainly made two other clangers which could have conceded goals though in the second half once letting the ball go under his foot when he was defending the near post, the second when he seemed to think the game had stopped, and let the forward run clean through (he was lucky not to bring the forward down and get sent-off here as well).
So, 4 goals, 4 errors.. on 13:07 - Oct 21 with 880 viewsPilgrimblue

So, 4 goals, 4 errors.. on 12:46 - Oct 21 by gordon

Nsiala certainly made two other clangers which could have conceded goals though in the second half once letting the ball go under his foot when he was defending the near post, the second when he seemed to think the game had stopped, and let the forward run clean through (he was lucky not to bring the forward down and get sent-off here as well).

I thought Toto had turned a corner, well he had but the wrong way!

He's always looked in the past as an accident waiting to happen either red card or penalty, neither of which is going to help settle a defence. Woolfy must return sooner or later.

Also our midfield is too lightweight so unless they toughen up or start moving about quicker and stop giving the ball away (Huws) we're going to be on receiving end more often.
So, 4 goals, 4 errors.. on 13:13 - Oct 21 with 856 viewsgordon

So, 4 goals, 4 errors.. on 12:09 - Oct 21 by Kropotkin123

If this were last season, we'd change formation and make about 7 changes to the starting line-up for the next game.

Could imagine that this season Lambert might decide to keep the same 11 for the game on Saturday to prove some kind of point to Evans.
So, 4 goals, 4 errors.. on 14:21 - Oct 21 with 764 viewsOsborneOneNil

So, 4 goals, 4 errors.. on 12:19 - Oct 21 by catch74

Agreed, maybe let Holy and Toto have another game, would be nice to see:

Holy
Chambers, Nsiala, Woolfenden, Ward
Dozzell, Bishop, Huws (has to have a belter)
Lankester or Bennetts Hawkins Edwards

for Saturday.

Yeah, I'd go with that. Except Nolan in for Huws.

So, 4 goals, 4 errors.. on 14:29 - Oct 21 with 725 viewsSwansea_Blue

I'm not sure how Wilson gets the blame for the first. Toto came out of defense like he was leading the charge of the light brigade and then failed to make the tackle, leaving Wilson horribly exposed covering two positions. There was no need for Toto to leave his position, none at all. The play was all in front of them and we were all in position to that point. His error is what created the space (which credit to Donny they exploited very well).

Poll: So then cake aficionados, which is your favourite part of Battenberg?

So, 4 goals, 4 errors.. on 14:31 - Oct 21 with 725 viewslongtimefan

So, 4 goals, 4 errors.. on 14:29 - Oct 21 by Swansea_Blue

I'm not sure how Wilson gets the blame for the first. Toto came out of defense like he was leading the charge of the light brigade and then failed to make the tackle, leaving Wilson horribly exposed covering two positions. There was no need for Toto to leave his position, none at all. The play was all in front of them and we were all in position to that point. His error is what created the space (which credit to Donny they exploited very well).

Yep. He practically barges past Wilson who was already committed to making a challenge for the ball. As the deeper player at that point he really should have been going nowhere.

Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2020