Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Oh fun, Tom Hunt is now spewing out anti-Semitic Nazi-born conspiracy theories 14:07 - Oct 21 with 2333 viewsmonytowbray

https://www.ipswichstar.co.uk/news/tom-hunt-on-institutional-racism-1-6893720

Speaking in the Commons debate on Black History Month, Mr Hunt also criticised some leadership figures of the Black Lives Matter (BLM) movement for “straying into cultural Marxism”.

Think he knows what Cultural Marxism means?

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Cultural_Marxism

Cultural Marxism generally refers to one of two things:
First – extremely rarely in popular discourse – "cultural Marxism" (lower C, upper M) refers to a strain of critique of popular culture by the Frankfurt School, framing such culture as being imposed by a capitalist culture industry and consumed passively by the masses.
Second – in common usage in the wild – "Cultural Marxism" (both uppercase) is a common snarl word used to paint anyone with progressive tendencies as a secret Communist. The term alludes to a conspiracy theory in which sinister left-wingers have infiltrated media, academia, and science, and are engaged in a decades-long plot to undermine Western culture. Some variants of the conspiracy allege that basically all of modern social liberalism is, in fact, a Communist front group.
This conspiracy theory hinges on the idea that the Frankfurt School wasn't just an arcane strain of academic criticism.[note 1] Instead, the Frankfurt School was behind an ongoing Marxist plot to destroy the capitalist West from within, spreading its tentacles throughout academia and indoctrinating students to hate patriotism and freedom. Thus, rock'n'roll, 1960s counterculture, the civil rights movement, the anti-war movement, homosexuality,[3] modern feminism, and, in general, all the "decay" in the West since the 1950s are allegedly products of the Frankfurt School.[4] It's also the work of the Jews.[5][6]
The conspiracist usage originated in Nazi Germany, where Kulturbolschewismus ("Cultural Bolshevism") was used to abuse political opponents. In particular, Jews purportedly were secretly orchestrating the spread of Communism (Jewish BolshevismWikipedia) as well as promoting sexual & gender permissiveness ("sexual Bolshevism").[7]
If anyone rants about "Cultural Marxists taking over culture!", feel free to remind them that they're spouting literal Nazi propaganda updated for the modern era.

What a lovely local MP we have.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Oh fun, Tom Hunt is now spewing out anti-Semitic Nazi-born conspiracy theories on 14:13 - Oct 21 with 1955 viewsGeoffSentence

Someone, I can't remember who, once told me that nothing before the 'but' in a statement counts. I think that is generally correct and Tom Hunt reveals what he truly believes and what he is saying for effect with his 'but'.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Oh fun, Tom Hunt is now spewing out anti-Semitic Nazi-born conspiracy theories on 14:25 - Oct 21 with 1909 viewsSwansea_Blue

"straying into cultural Marxism, the abolition of the nuclear family, defunding the police, overthrowing capitalism" is something you seen thrown around a lot by people who have a problem with an 'organisation' (loose collection of individuals really) taking a stand against racism.

And a lot of it is based out of a misunderstanding of what those things mean. Defund the police is a very different thing to what he thinks it is. BLM isn't against families either, quite the opposite. Remember, this is coming from an MP of a party whose policies have literally been splitting families apart so he's in no place to talk.

He's just giving his followers some words to throw around imo. Or has naively been persuaded by someone else that they actually have some meaning. Whichever it is, it's a poor look for an MP; either dog whistling or thick, take your pick. It's politicising an issue that shouldn't be political. Using ad hominem attacks on the founders to undermine the support for their message. Or in other words, he's being a c***.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Oh fun, Tom Hunt is now spewing out anti-Semitic Nazi-born conspiracy theories on 14:33 - Oct 21 with 1881 viewspointofblue

Oh fun, Tom Hunt is now spewing out anti-Semitic Nazi-born conspiracy theories on 14:25 - Oct 21 by Swansea_Blue

"straying into cultural Marxism, the abolition of the nuclear family, defunding the police, overthrowing capitalism" is something you seen thrown around a lot by people who have a problem with an 'organisation' (loose collection of individuals really) taking a stand against racism.

And a lot of it is based out of a misunderstanding of what those things mean. Defund the police is a very different thing to what he thinks it is. BLM isn't against families either, quite the opposite. Remember, this is coming from an MP of a party whose policies have literally been splitting families apart so he's in no place to talk.

He's just giving his followers some words to throw around imo. Or has naively been persuaded by someone else that they actually have some meaning. Whichever it is, it's a poor look for an MP; either dog whistling or thick, take your pick. It's politicising an issue that shouldn't be political. Using ad hominem attacks on the founders to undermine the support for their message. Or in other words, he's being a c***.

He’s a current Conservative MP - I’d argue he’s a thick dog whistler.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Oh fun, Tom Hunt is now spewing out anti-Semitic Nazi-born conspiracy theories on 14:56 - Oct 21 with 1834 viewsmonytowbray

Oh fun, Tom Hunt is now spewing out anti-Semitic Nazi-born conspiracy theories on 14:25 - Oct 21 by Swansea_Blue

The only real excuses for saying it are indeed that.

“I said it without knowing what it means.”

“I am literally a fascist.”

Hmmm, tough pick.

I do wonder why this phrase isn’t called out more as right wong politicians use it all the time. But Corbyn’s gone now so Anti-Semitism in politics is all over by the mainstream press requirements.

TWTD never forgets…

Oh fun, Tom Hunt is now spewing out anti-Semitic Nazi-born conspiracy theories on 15:02 - Oct 21 with 1813 viewsjaykay

what has suffolk done to deserve all this.
ipswich in the old div 3
plus the worst 3 m.p.s in my life time and i am 71.
here are the 3 and the last pic is my m.p. the state of it

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

"You lot don't know you're born"....... on 15:05 - Oct 21 with 1807 viewsBloots

Oh fun, Tom Hunt is now spewing out anti-Semitic Nazi-born conspiracy theories on 15:02 - Oct 21 by jaykay

ipswich in the old div 3

....Priti Patel is my MP.

Beat that suckers.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Oh fun, Tom Hunt is now spewing out anti-Semitic Nazi-born conspiracy theories on 15:05 - Oct 21 with 1808 viewsGeoffSentence

Oh fun, Tom Hunt is now spewing out anti-Semitic Nazi-born conspiracy theories on 15:02 - Oct 21 by jaykay

ipswich in the old div 3

Whilst James Cartlidge is probably a bit better than those three, he is still a piss-poor greasy pole climbing excuse of an MP.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Oh fun, Tom Hunt is now spewing out anti-Semitic Nazi-born conspiracy theories on 15:07 - Oct 21 with 1803 viewstractordownsouth

He really is a Tom Hunt isn't he? That's him and Ben Bradley who have used this in the last few days. They'd rightly be all over it if a Labour MP said this, if the Tories don't take action it shows they're hypocrites.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Login to get fewer ads

Oh fun, Tom Hunt is now spewing out anti-Semitic Nazi-born conspiracy theories on 15:10 - Oct 21 with 1795 viewsmonytowbray

Oh fun, Tom Hunt is now spewing out anti-Semitic Nazi-born conspiracy theories on 15:07 - Oct 21 by tractordownsouth

He really is a Tom Hunt isn't he? That's him and Ben Bradley who have used this in the last few days. They'd rightly be all over it if a Labour MP said this, if the Tories don't take action it shows they're hypocrites.

Farage and the Brexit lot have normalised this type of language I’m afraid. Just a thing you say, innit?

Also afraid to say although we laughed at how pathetic UKIP did in elections their successful aim of being an annoying voice shouting into the Tory party backed up by heavily funded right wing think tanks mean we may as well have them in power RN.
[Post edited 21 Oct 2020 15:12]

TWTD never forgets…

Oh fun, Tom Hunt is now spewing out anti-Semitic Nazi-born conspiracy theories on 15:20 - Oct 21 with 1751 viewstractordownsouth

Oh fun, Tom Hunt is now spewing out anti-Semitic Nazi-born conspiracy theories on 15:10 - Oct 21 by monytowbray

Farage and the Brexit lot have normalised this type of language I’m afraid. Just a thing you say, innit?

Also afraid to say although we laughed at how pathetic UKIP did in elections their successful aim of being an annoying voice shouting into the Tory party backed up by heavily funded right wing think tanks mean we may as well have them in power RN.
[Post edited 21 Oct 2020 15:12]

The Parliamentary Conservative Party is now just the cult of Johnson, where racism is normalised and even encouraged. Where it's apparently a bigger scandal that a few people come here illegally than the fact that kids might go hungry over half term, and where we can find £12bn to spend on a failed spreadsheet but not an extra £5m for people in Manchester to have a proper furlough scheme.

"You lot don't know you're born"....... on 15:35 - Oct 21 with 1712 viewsDubtractor

"You lot don't know you're born"....... on 15:05 - Oct 21 by Bloots

....Priti Patel is my MP.

Beat that suckers.

Thoughts and prayers man.

That is unfortunate.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Oh fun, Tom Hunt is now spewing out anti-Semitic Nazi-born conspiracy theories on 15:36 - Oct 21 with 1712 viewsitfcjoe

Oh fun, Tom Hunt is now spewing out anti-Semitic Nazi-born conspiracy theories on 15:07 - Oct 21 by tractordownsouth

Ipswich deserves better than this charlatan, he's really out of step with the normal person in this town

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Oh fun, Tom Hunt is now spewing out anti-Semitic Nazi-born conspiracy theories on 15:37 - Oct 21 with 1708 viewsDarth_Koont

”Cultural marxism” is acceptable antisemitism because it’s attacking lefties and self-hating Jews.

I’m sure the right-wing BoD, CAA et al are torn between criticising Hunt and applauding him.

Pronouns: He/Him

Oh fun, Tom Hunt is now spewing out anti-Semitic Nazi-born conspiracy theories on 15:41 - Oct 21 with 1690 viewsSomethingBlue

He is a dangerous individual who is pursuing an agenda that has nothing to do with the constituents of the town he was parachuted into. Ipswich deserves a lot better and people need to make it known.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Oh fun, Tom Hunt is now spewing out anti-Semitic Nazi-born conspiracy theories on 16:30 - Oct 21 with 1606 viewsSwansea_Blue

Oh fun, Tom Hunt is now spewing out anti-Semitic Nazi-born conspiracy theories on 14:56 - Oct 21 by monytowbray

The only real excuses for saying it are indeed that.

“I said it without knowing what it means.”

“I am literally a fascist.”

Hmmm, tough pick.

I do wonder why this phrase isn’t called out more as right wong politicians use it all the time. But Corbyn’s gone now so Anti-Semitism in politics is all over by the mainstream press requirements.

Hasn't he got a bit of a history around comments to do with immigrants?

Oh fun, Tom Hunt is now spewing out anti-Semitic Nazi-born conspiracy theories on 16:42 - Oct 21 with 1585 viewsSwansea_Blue

Oh fun, Tom Hunt is now spewing out anti-Semitic Nazi-born conspiracy theories on 15:20 - Oct 21 by tractordownsouth

The Parliamentary Conservative Party is now just the cult of Johnson, where racism is normalised and even encouraged. Where it's apparently a bigger scandal that a few people come here illegally than the fact that kids might go hungry over half term, and where we can find £12bn to spend on a failed spreadsheet but not an extra £5m for people in Manchester to have a proper furlough scheme.

Yes. My bigger worry (not that racism isn't horrendous of course) is how they're dismantling everything that underpins our democracy and society. Strengthening the power of the executive over the elected parliament, attacks on the judiciary, attacks on the press, public services underfunded, destroying our most important international relationships and international standing/reputation, etc..

Question is, what's going to be left when this lot have finished? The impacts of this 10 years of Conservative led government (including the coalition) will be a legacy to rival Thatcher's destruction of the spirit and opportunities for our industrial communities.

Their ideology is inherently evil. Particularly so with this version (one nation Tories not as much so, but they're still bad enough).

So getting off the fence, I admit I'm not a big fan .

Oh fun, Tom Hunt is now spewing out anti-Semitic Nazi-born conspiracy theories on 16:49 - Oct 21 with 1577 viewstractordownsouth

Currently having a twitter spat with council leader CrusaderIan after I called him out for backing Hunt's racism. He played the old 'can't say anything without being called racist'' card. What a plank.

Oh fun, Tom Hunt is now spewing out anti-Semitic Nazi-born conspiracy theories on 17:23 - Oct 21 with 1514 viewssolomon

It’s a real shame, sadly I’m not surprised at all.
Oh fun, Tom Hunt is now spewing out anti-Semitic Nazi-born conspiracy theories on 17:25 - Oct 21 with 1513 viewsSwansea_Blue

Oh fun, Tom Hunt is now spewing out anti-Semitic Nazi-born conspiracy theories on 16:49 - Oct 21 by tractordownsouth

Currently having a twitter spat with council leader CrusaderIan after I called him out for backing Hunt's racism. He played the old 'can't say anything without being called racist'' card. What a plank.

I wouldn't bother. I'm sure you've got better things to do and it won't change anyone's mind.

Oh fun, Tom Hunt is now spewing out anti-Semitic Nazi-born conspiracy theories on 17:29 - Oct 21 with 1502 viewsKeno

What could Tom Hunt he used as rhyming slang?

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Oh fun, Tom Hunt is now spewing out anti-Semitic Nazi-born conspiracy theories on 17:33 - Oct 21 with 1491 viewsSpruceMoose

Oh fun, Tom Hunt is now spewing out anti-Semitic Nazi-born conspiracy theories on 16:49 - Oct 21 by tractordownsouth

Old Crusader Ian eh? He's an utter goblin. I can't decide if he's just your ordinary kind of populist racist, or whether his issue is more that he's just monumentally thick. He comes from a recruitment background I believe, and we all know that it's a profession that seems to attract low intellect flash lads in cheap suits.

Not only is he a goblin in the political sense, but from talking to people who know him in real life they all confirm that he's an massive wrong 'un.

What the hell are the good people of Ipswich doing electing flaccid jebends like these blokes to represent them?
[Post edited 21 Oct 2020 17:36]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Oh fun, Tom Hunt is now spewing out anti-Semitic Nazi-born conspiracy theories on 17:35 - Oct 21 with 1485 viewsSwansea_Blue

Oh fun, Tom Hunt is now spewing out anti-Semitic Nazi-born conspiracy theories on 17:33 - Oct 21 by SpruceMoose

Old Crusader Ian eh? He's an utter goblin. I can't decide if he's just your ordinary kind of populist racist, or whether his issue is more that he's just monumentally thick. He comes from a recruitment background I believe, and we all know that it's a profession that seems to attract low intellect flash lads in cheap suits.

Not only is he a goblin in the political sense, but from talking to people who know him in real life they all confirm that he's an massive wrong 'un.

What the hell are the good people of Ipswich doing electing flaccid jebends like these blokes to represent them?
[Post edited 21 Oct 2020 17:36]

Oh, he's the one who complained about the Town Hall being lit up in memory of George Floyd's death and the need to fight racism isn't he. Comes across an annoying, spiteful piece of work.

Oh fun, Tom Hunt is now spewing out anti-Semitic Nazi-born conspiracy theories on 17:38 - Oct 21 with 1476 viewsSpruceMoose

Oh fun, Tom Hunt is now spewing out anti-Semitic Nazi-born conspiracy theories on 17:35 - Oct 21 by Swansea_Blue

Oh, he's the one who complained about the Town Hall being lit up in memory of George Floyd's death and the need to fight racism isn't he. Comes across an annoying, spiteful piece of work.

Yeah Trump fan too. I have a couple of stories about him that I've been told, but they aren't for forum consumption!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Oh fun, Tom Hunt is now spewing out anti-Semitic Nazi-born conspiracy theories on 17:48 - Oct 21 with 1458 viewsBABLUE

Tell him he can say any unracist things without being called a racist.

Perhaps he might like to try it and see?
Oh fun, Tom Hunt is now spewing out anti-Semitic Nazi-born conspiracy theories on 17:49 - Oct 21 with 1451 viewsSpruceMoose

Oh fun, Tom Hunt is now spewing out anti-Semitic Nazi-born conspiracy theories on 17:48 - Oct 21 by BABLUE

Tell him he can say any unracist things without being called a racist.

Perhaps he might like to try it and see?

That goes for a few on here too!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024