Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This Free School Meals debate 18:53 - Oct 21 with 20178 viewstractordownsouth

I've just seen the clips from Twitter as I don't have a licence to watch on Iplayer but bloody hell, these heartless individuals... They're all preaching personal responsibility, while voting for a policy that will ensure whether or not kids eat is determined by their parents income, which they have no control over.

First we have Brendan Clarke Smith accusing those wanting to feed kids of "virtue signalling." He's the same bloke who was caught denying the scale of food banks during his election hustings.

And Kieran Mullen, claiming that it's not the state's job to feed kids.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

This Free School Meals debate on 19:10 - Oct 21 with 3550 viewsHARRY10

So child poverty is down to feckless parents and/or absent fathers - not caring parents who may have lost their jobs, or been put on furlough.

Perhaps this MP and others of his ilk should have a word with a notable feckless father of numerous kids by various women, who is currently shacked up with some single mum in London, with another illegitimate kid - who complains how a measly £150,000 annual income makes it hard to get by.

And for those complaining who voted Tory, what the fck did they think they were voting for ?
This Free School Meals debate on 19:18 - Oct 21 with 3539 viewstractordownsouth

This Free School Meals debate on 19:10 - Oct 21 by HARRY10

So child poverty is down to feckless parents and/or absent fathers - not caring parents who may have lost their jobs, or been put on furlough.

Perhaps this MP and others of his ilk should have a word with a notable feckless father of numerous kids by various women, who is currently shacked up with some single mum in London, with another illegitimate kid - who complains how a measly £150,000 annual income makes it hard to get by.

And for those complaining who voted Tory, what the fck did they think they were voting for ?

Yes. The irony of them preaching personal responsibility whilst supporting a PM who blames everyone but himself for his own government's failures would be funny if the consequences weren't so bad.

This Free School Meals debate on 19:21 - Oct 21 with 3529 viewsgtsb1966

This Free School Meals debate on 19:18 - Oct 21 by tractordownsouth

Yes. The irony of them preaching personal responsibility whilst supporting a PM who blames everyone but himself for his own government's failures would be funny if the consequences weren't so bad.

No child in this country should go to bed with an empty belly. Whatever their political leanings there shouldn't be one MP who votes against this. Not one.
This Free School Meals debate on 19:22 - Oct 21 with 3520 viewsNthsuffolkblue

"Nationalising children". He sees them as a commodity!
[Post edited 21 Oct 2020 19:23]

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

This Free School Meals debate on 19:29 - Oct 21 with 3502 viewstractordownsouth

This Free School Meals debate on 19:21 - Oct 21 by gtsb1966

No child in this country should go to bed with an empty belly. Whatever their political leanings there shouldn't be one MP who votes against this. Not one.

322 of them have

This Free School Meals debate on 19:30 - Oct 21 with 3502 viewsSpruceMoose

Still, plenty of people still lap up this whole punching down on the poor business, even more so if it's punching down on children of the poor.

Even on this forum you'll find posters who enthusiastically cheer on the financial calamity that is Brexit out of one side of their mouth while on the other they're humming and hawing about if the country can afford to feed it's poorest children.

Scumbags.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

This Free School Meals debate on 19:32 - Oct 21 with 3492 viewsgtsb1966

This Free School Meals debate on 19:29 - Oct 21 by tractordownsouth

322 of them have

322 absolute c****.
This Free School Meals debate on 19:38 - Oct 21 with 3469 viewsSpruceMoose

This Free School Meals debate on 19:32 - Oct 21 by gtsb1966

322 absolute c****.

Think I can hear Paz applauding his government somewhere off in the distance. Wonder if he will pop along to defend this?

It's so sad that a wealthy country such as the UK is unwilling to sprinkle a few crumbs for the poorest in our society.

F**k the Conservative party, F**k any one who voted for them and f**k anyone who continues to support them. You've made us a joke of a country.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Login to get fewer ads

This Free School Meals debate on 19:41 - Oct 21 with 3454 viewsjeera

This Free School Meals debate on 19:38 - Oct 21 by SpruceMoose

Think I can hear Paz applauding his government somewhere off in the distance. Wonder if he will pop along to defend this?

It's so sad that a wealthy country such as the UK is unwilling to sprinkle a few crumbs for the poorest in our society.

F**k the Conservative party, F**k any one who voted for them and f**k anyone who continues to support them. You've made us a joke of a country.

Tell you what though mate.

By the time this lot have finished with it, the UK will no longer be a 'wealthy' country.

They're costing us a fortune on all the wrong things.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

This Free School Meals debate on 19:44 - Oct 21 with 3441 viewsSpruceMoose

This Free School Meals debate on 19:41 - Oct 21 by jeera

Tell you what though mate.

By the time this lot have finished with it, the UK will no longer be a 'wealthy' country.

They're costing us a fortune on all the wrong things.

There will still be a wealthy group of people, lording it over the rest of us, but what folks who vote for the Conservatives need to remember is that, there's no way in hell they'll be in that rich group either.

Oh, and, I really don't think an apology should be necessary when you're telling the truth. I'm through with these fake calls for civility. You don't get to act against everybody's best interests year after year and still expect to be thought of as a decent person and treated with respect.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/oct/21/angela-rayner-accused-of-callin
[Post edited 21 Oct 2020 19:50]

This Free School Meals debate on 19:50 - Oct 21 with 3433 viewstractordownsouth

Call me a softie but I actually started welling up a bit at the result of this - and I'm not someone who does that a lot. Genuinely can't comprehend such levels of cruelty over relative pennies - those arrogant speeches in the commons, MPs getting more upset at Angela Rayner calling someone a nasty name than the fact that their constituents going hungry, through absolutely no fault of their own.

Awful, awful people. I'm going to dedicate all my energy to getting rid of them in 2024.

This Free School Meals debate on 19:52 - Oct 21 with 3430 viewsSpruceMoose

This Free School Meals debate on 19:50 - Oct 21 by tractordownsouth

Call me a softie but I actually started welling up a bit at the result of this - and I'm not someone who does that a lot. Genuinely can't comprehend such levels of cruelty over relative pennies - those arrogant speeches in the commons, MPs getting more upset at Angela Rayner calling someone a nasty name than the fact that their constituents going hungry, through absolutely no fault of their own.

Awful, awful people. I'm going to dedicate all my energy to getting rid of them in 2024.

Just renewed my overseas voter registration today. First step for me is to do whatever I can to assist in removing Tom Hunt from the Ipswich seat he's temporarily squatting in.

2024 feels an extremely long way away.
[Post edited 21 Oct 2020 19:52]

This Free School Meals debate on 19:57 - Oct 21 with 3419 viewstractordownsouth

This Free School Meals debate on 19:52 - Oct 21 by SpruceMoose

Just renewed my overseas voter registration today. First step for me is to do whatever I can to assist in removing Tom Hunt from the Ipswich seat he's temporarily squatting in.

2024 feels an extremely long way away.
[Post edited 21 Oct 2020 19:52]

I've said it on here before but I'll say it again - if that spineless cultist is still the Tory candidate, I'm going to be door knocking up in Ipswich in 2024.

Mind you I wouldn't be surprised to see him parachuted into one of the safe Suffolk seats for his services to CCHQ.

This Free School Meals debate on 20:00 - Oct 21 with 3407 viewsJ2BLUE

This Free School Meals debate on 19:29 - Oct 21 by tractordownsouth

322 of them have

Isn't party politics great?

Putting your career before hungry kids. Amazing. Or am I just naive? I think I seriously underestimate how horrible some people are.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

This Free School Meals debate on 20:00 - Oct 21 with 3408 viewsSpruceMoose

This Free School Meals debate on 19:57 - Oct 21 by tractordownsouth

I've said it on here before but I'll say it again - if that spineless cultist is still the Tory candidate, I'm going to be door knocking up in Ipswich in 2024.

Mind you I wouldn't be surprised to see him parachuted into one of the safe Suffolk seats for his services to CCHQ.

Their loss would be our gain.

If he was any good at his job he'd be dangerous.

Honestly, Ipswich really lost out when they gave Sandy Martin the boot. Having worked with him on and off over the years he has a genuine love for the town and its inhabitants. Shame that people decided some snot-nosed career climbing rich but dim kid from God knows where was an upgrade.

It certainly doesn't reflect well on the town at all.
[Post edited 21 Oct 2020 20:02]

This Free School Meals debate on 20:02 - Oct 21 with 3407 viewsSpruceMoose

This Free School Meals debate on 20:00 - Oct 21 by J2BLUE

Isn't party politics great?

Putting your career before hungry kids. Amazing. Or am I just naive? I think I seriously underestimate how horrible some people are.

I been trying to tell you! Some people are just acting like a separate species these days and all these calls to listen to their 'very real concerns' with respect will get us nowhere, because their 'very real concerns' are fundamentally hateful and based on a made up sense of victimhood.
[Post edited 21 Oct 2020 20:03]

This Free School Meals debate on 20:05 - Oct 21 with 3401 viewstractordownsouth

This Free School Meals debate on 20:00 - Oct 21 by SpruceMoose

Honestly, Ipswich really lost out when they gave Sandy Martin the boot. Having worked with him on and off over the years he has a genuine love for the town and its inhabitants. Shame that people decided some snot-nosed career climbing rich but dim kid from God knows where was an upgrade.

CrusaderIan was telling me earlier that the majority of people in Ipswich apparently support Hunt's views on "cultural marxism"

I'm know that's not true, but the elected representatives don't half give the town a bad name

This Free School Meals debate on 20:08 - Oct 21 with 3378 viewsJ2BLUE

This Free School Meals debate on 20:05 - Oct 21 by tractordownsouth

CrusaderIan was telling me earlier that the majority of people in Ipswich apparently support Hunt's views on "cultural marxism"

I'm know that's not true, but the elected representatives don't half give the town a bad name

Any survey of people where the top response isn't "what's that?" is obvious a lie.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

This Free School Meals debate on 20:09 - Oct 21 with 3380 viewsHARRY10

This Free School Meals debate on 19:32 - Oct 21 by gtsb1966

322 absolute c****.

Tthe sickening irony is that when the country was flat on its backside financially after the second world war, it had the foresight to set up the NHS. Babies were given orange juice and school kids free school milk. Not totally altruistic as it was recognised that the country would need a healthy work force in the years to follow.

The irony being that those who first benefited from this were those we now refer to as the baby boom generation. The ones now well retired, and with a good percentage being comfortably off.

But what is their response ?

To vote for shtehawks like Farage and Johnson. To allow the most odious of politicians a way into Parliament - odious as any beadle in a Victorian workhouse.

Slimey little tirds with not an original idea in their empty heads who get up in the house and read from crib sheets, probably handed to them by Cummings. Tirds who own their current position to thousands of thickos who thought that just because they were voting for a Tory MP, they would not get a Tory MP but some nice, caring type who would not revert to type.

The sad reality is that many of the kids who will be going short of food are the children of parents who voted for this lot. And no doubt will again, if the lies they are told are big enough.
This Free School Meals debate on 20:12 - Oct 21 with 3363 viewsSpruceMoose

This Free School Meals debate on 20:05 - Oct 21 by tractordownsouth

I think they would like it to be true.

Cultural Marxism is just the latest idiot buzzterm going around the smoothbrain circle at the moment. I know for a fact that CrusaderImpotent lacks the intellect to possess even a rudimentary understanding of what culture or Marxism is. IBC and SCC Conservatives all seem to be hateful nutters, from Fisher to Cenci to Vickery. I can only assume that they keep their seats because they represent comfortable areas filled with people whose only real concern is keeping the poor folk out and their taxes low.

Crusaderidiot is just a hateful little oik surfing on the current wave of hideous populism. At the end of the day he offers very little to the town, and highlights how it's so easy in our current system to be a local councillor, offer absolutely nothing to your constituents and still keep your seat because none of them really care so long as you attack the things they want to see you attack.

He could be a scarecrow with a blue rosette and he'd get just as many votes.
[Post edited 21 Oct 2020 20:15]

This Free School Meals debate on 20:20 - Oct 21 with 3330 viewsitfcjoe

This Free School Meals debate on 20:00 - Oct 21 by SpruceMoose

It' not even party political, it's just a lack of class, intellect and decency.

I'm sure not everyone loved Ben Gummer, but nearly everyone I speak to, whichever side of the debate they sit, respected that he was trying to do a good job for his constituents on the whole. Hunt will never set foot in Ipswich once he has lost his seat.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

This Free School Meals debate on 20:25 - Oct 21 with 3317 viewsSpruceMoose

This Free School Meals debate on 20:20 - Oct 21 by itfcjoe

It' not even party political, it's just a lack of class, intellect and decency.

I'm sure not everyone loved Ben Gummer, but nearly everyone I speak to, whichever side of the debate they sit, respected that he was trying to do a good job for his constituents on the whole. Hunt will never set foot in Ipswich once he has lost his seat.

Having interacted with Ben Gummer in a work context in the past I have to say my take on him is rather different to the majority, but I can admit that my view on that is in the minority. He was certainly a step up from Tom Hunt that's for sure.

But come on, it is party political. It's not both sides. It's very clear which political party has now built an identity around the disenfranchisement of working people and a cultish obsession with distorting the truth, despite what they may laughably claim to the contrary.
[Post edited 21 Oct 2020 20:33]

This Free School Meals debate on 20:37 - Oct 21 with 3279 viewsitfcjoe

This Free School Meals debate on 20:25 - Oct 21 by SpruceMoose

Having interacted with Ben Gummer in a work context in the past I have to say my take on him is rather different to the majority, but I can admit that my view on that is in the minority. He was certainly a step up from Tom Hunt that's for sure.

But come on, it is party political. It's not both sides. It's very clear which political party has now built an identity around the disenfranchisement of working people and a cultish obsession with distorting the truth, despite what they may laughably claim to the contrary.
[Post edited 21 Oct 2020 20:33]

Sorry I mean it's not party political in that there are plenty of people in Ipswich who are left wing who will have a totally different opinion of a Tory like Gummer as opposed to a Tory like Hunt who have both represented the constituency.

MostGovernments generally at least try and bring people together, or at least aim to - Trump in the US, and the ruling UKIP party here, are just trying to divide and rule

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

This Free School Meals debate on 20:42 - Oct 21 with 3265 viewsSpruceMoose

This Free School Meals debate on 20:37 - Oct 21 by itfcjoe

Sorry I mean it's not party political in that there are plenty of people in Ipswich who are left wing who will have a totally different opinion of a Tory like Gummer as opposed to a Tory like Hunt who have both represented the constituency.

MostGovernments generally at least try and bring people together, or at least aim to - Trump in the US, and the ruling UKIP party here, are just trying to divide and rule

Ah got you, yeah I think that's fair. Gummer was at least good with people. he was very personable, seemed to do the small stuff well and people relate to that. Tom Hunt on the other hand seems like a bit of a wet fish.

This Free School Meals debate on 20:54 - Oct 21 with 3233 viewsjaykay

This Free School Meals debate on 19:38 - Oct 21 by SpruceMoose

dont worry someone will be along soon, to say all these single mums and absent fathers are to blame. the kids who are not to blame in anyway, can starve because its the parents fault.

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024