Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FFS 21:01 - Oct 21 with 2515 viewsDarth_Koont

Pronouns: He/Him

FFS on 21:08 - Oct 21 with 1751 viewspointofblue

This was during the “we’re sticking it up to Brussels” headlines. That’s the most important thing right now, you understand, not whether we can feed children or keep people in employment...

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

FFS on 21:17 - Oct 21 with 1707 viewsCBBlue

What? How?

I'm a paid up member of the LibDems but as part of a survey last week when asked who I'd currently vote for I said Labour*

*sorry Keno

Poll: School on Monday - are you sending in your R, Y1 or Y6 kids?

FFS on 21:19 - Oct 21 with 1699 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Odd that you’ve posted a thread for that poll, and this one 11 days ago, but not the YouGov one conducted since that showed Labour having cut the gap to a point or the recent Opinium one with them level, isn’t it?

Depressing by Darth_Koont 10 Oct 2020 10:57
https://twitter.com/BritainElects/status/1314501231310708738

If you can’t get yourself ahead of the Tories on current showing then something’s not right, is it?

[Post edited 21 Oct 2020 21:20]

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

FFS on 21:21 - Oct 21 with 1685 viewsMullet

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

FFS on 21:32 - Oct 21 with 1630 viewsFtnfwest

Mind you Koont this must just be england? Wouldn’t SNP have more than 8% overall? Anyway whatever, it’s another 4 years yet in any event and I suspect both main parties to have different leaders by then
FFS on 21:43 - Oct 21 with 1593 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

FFS on 21:32 - Oct 21 by Ftnfwest

Mind you Koont this must just be england? Wouldn’t SNP have more than 8% overall? Anyway whatever, it’s another 4 years yet in any event and I suspect both main parties to have different leaders by then

It’s the UK, but it’s just one poll that the OP has cherry picked to support his ‘booo Starmer’ position when the general polling trend shows Labour to be very much closing the gap:

Oh and the SNP aren’t mentioned in the tweet because nobody gives a toss about Scotland

FFS on 21:52 - Oct 21 with 1553 viewsSwansea_Blue

I expect that's taken a bit of a hit today

#ToryScum

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

FFS on 21:54 - Oct 21 with 1545 viewsDarth_Koont

FFS on 21:43 - Oct 21 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

It’s the UK, but it’s just one poll that the OP has cherry picked to support his ‘booo Starmer’ position when the general polling trend shows Labour to be very much closing the gap:

Oh and the SNP aren’t mentioned in the tweet because nobody gives a toss about Scotland

Don’t be a tw@t. If you can help it.

Yes, it’s “Boo Starmer” because it’s invisible opposition. But it’s more lamenting the fact that support for the Tories looks very stable despite the government never being worse.

With this type of politics, we’re stuck with them.

Login to get fewer ads

FFS on 21:57 - Oct 21 with 1522 viewsSwansea_Blue

FFS on 21:54 - Oct 21 by Darth_Koont

Yes, it’s “Boo Starmer” because it’s invisible opposition. But it’s more lamenting the fact that support for the Tories looks very stable despite the government never being worse.

Invisible opposition? They've just highlighted to the whole country that the Tories are heartless bastards three times in the last 24 hours. I'm not sure what you're expecting from the shadow benches, but they've done more to highlight how wrong this government are in a day than Labour have done in the previous 4 or 5 years.

FFS on 21:59 - Oct 21 with 1514 viewsFtnfwest

FFS on 21:43 - Oct 21 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

It’s a fair point
FFS on 21:59 - Oct 21 with 1514 viewspointofblue

FFS on 21:57 - Oct 21 by Swansea_Blue

Invisible opposition? They've just highlighted to the whole country that the Tories are heartless bastards three times in the last 24 hours. I'm not sure what you're expecting from the shadow benches, but they've done more to highlight how wrong this government are in a day than Labour have done in the previous 4 or 5 years.

Though to be fair this government is making it very easy for them to do so. For all their many faults it was far harder for Corbyn to point the finger at Cameron and May compared to Starmer v Johnson.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

FFS on 22:00 - Oct 21 with 1514 viewsMullet

Starmer has been magnficent at times. He has let the government tie themselves up in knots, picked his shots with timing and accuracy and let their "LABOUR IS GOING AGAINST YOU" scare tactics on social media fall flat.

It is a huge loss to the country and the millions who will suffer even more than they have to that he can not lead sooner.

Things will get really nasty if there is to be another GE so soon I guess.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

FFS on 22:05 - Oct 21 with 1493 viewsDarth_Koont

I’m still not getting much beyond rhetoric even if it’s critical rhetoric.

And who can’t complain about this government? It’s an open goal. But what are they proposing as an alternative to turn the country around?

FFS on 22:10 - Oct 21 with 1473 viewsDarth_Koont

FFS on 22:00 - Oct 21 by Mullet

Starmer has been magnficent at times. He has let the government tie themselves up in knots, picked his shots with timing and accuracy and let their "LABOUR IS GOING AGAINST YOU" scare tactics on social media fall flat.

It is a huge loss to the country and the millions who will suffer even more than they have to that he can not lead sooner.

Things will get really nasty if there is to be another GE so soon I guess.

The Tories have a solid 40% even with an appalling record. I think people are deluding themselves if they think that’s going to change by playing 4D political chess rather than transforming the debate.

FFS on 22:16 - Oct 21 with 1430 viewsDarth_Koont

FFS on 21:32 - Oct 21 by Ftnfwest

5-6% I think but largely immaterial as a UK figure.

I think you may well be right re: next election. Tories will just shift out Johnson and get a boost. I’m sure Labour will plug away with Starmer - but he’s toast without interesting policies and a willingness to lead the debate.

FFS on 22:16 - Oct 21 with 1428 viewsSwansea_Blue

FFS on 22:05 - Oct 21 by Darth_Koont

I’m still not getting much beyond rhetoric even if it’s critical rhetoric.

And who can’t complain about this government? It’s an open goal. But what are they proposing as an alternative to turn the country around?

You must have ignored what's happened to day then. There's nothing else labour can do that thoroughly embarrass the government. They don't have the numbers to score actual wins in the HoC because the last election was so bad. They can't do anything else, especially 4 years out from a GE.

FFS on 22:19 - Oct 21 with 1412 viewsbazza

And the fact that labour are offering nothing, sitting on the fence most of the time and waiting to see what public opinion might be.. rather than taking a lead.. they need someone with a back bone leading them. Don’t think starmer will do a great deal .
FFS on 22:22 - Oct 21 with 1398 viewsDarth_Koont

FFS on 22:16 - Oct 21 by Swansea_Blue

You must have ignored what's happened to day then. There's nothing else labour can do that thoroughly embarrass the government. They don't have the numbers to score actual wins in the HoC because the last election was so bad. They can't do anything else, especially 4 years out from a GE.

They need to do more. This government can be embarrassed on every level and based on its record.

But in the absence of alternative policies and building some momentum, it’s always yesterday’s chip paper and we move on to the next skirmish.

Rashford and Burnham have been more of an opposition on their own than the Labour Party as a whole in 6 months.

FFS on 22:26 - Oct 21 with 1375 viewsStokieBlue

FFS on 22:16 - Oct 21 by Darth_Koont

5-6% I think but largely immaterial as a UK figure.

I think you may well be right re: next election. Tories will just shift out Johnson and get a boost. I’m sure Labour will plug away with Starmer - but he’s toast without interesting policies and a willingness to lead the debate.

How is that different to what Labour did in 2019?

How will it lead to a different result?

I think it's fairly clear that it won't, this sweeping change in one manifesto that you want isn't going to happen because it's almost guaranteed not to get Labour into power. Those not in power can do very little, "leading the debate" doesn't really achieve much when the Tories just plough on with a massive majority and ignore that debate.

You've gone in hard on Starmer since day 1 and it's hard to really understand why - there is absolutely no point having a manifesto full of progressive policies 4 years before an election.

HIs job at the moment is to attempt to hold the government to account and highlight their mistakes and he's doing that pretty well.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

FFS on 22:29 - Oct 21 with 1355 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Not like you to be abusive

FFS on 22:31 - Oct 21 with 1349 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

FFS on 21:21 - Oct 21 by Mullet

What's the point in living if you're not living....she has a point.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

FFS on 22:31 - Oct 21 with 1347 viewsbazza

FFS on 22:29 - Oct 21 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Politics brings out the worst in people ...
FFS on 22:34 - Oct 21 with 1337 viewsSwansea_Blue

FFS on 22:31 - Oct 21 by BanksterDebtSlave

What's the point in living if you're not living....she has a point.

She has a point on that specific issue, but shows a lack of self awareness when she said all the vulnerable people should be kept safe.

I've come across this a few times now and I can understand and sympathise. Life without quality of life may not be worth living (not a new idea obviously). Yet if people are selfish, they're potentially a risk to others not just themselves.

FFS on 22:36 - Oct 21 with 1326 viewsDarth_Koont

FFS on 22:26 - Oct 21 by StokieBlue

How is that different to what Labour did in 2019?

How will it lead to a different result?

I think it's fairly clear that it won't, this sweeping change in one manifesto that you want isn't going to happen because it's almost guaranteed not to get Labour into power. Those not in power can do very little, "leading the debate" doesn't really achieve much when the Tories just plough on with a massive majority and ignore that debate.

You've gone in hard on Starmer since day 1 and it's hard to really understand why - there is absolutely no point having a manifesto full of progressive policies 4 years before an election.

HIs job at the moment is to attempt to hold the government to account and highlight their mistakes and he's doing that pretty well.

SB

I haven’t gone in hard from day 1. I was supportive of him and his pledges.

But yes, I have gone in harder as he’s disappointed me more and more. And realised that his pledges weren’t particularly “pledgy”.

FFS (n/t) on 22:37 - Oct 21 with 1320 viewsDarth_Koont

FFS on 22:29 - Oct 21 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024