Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
"I don't know many people who speak well about Paul Lambert.. 08:32 - Oct 22 with 5154 viewsSwailsey

from the way he treated people".

Anyone else listen to the Football Daily today?

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

"I don't know many people who speak well about Paul Lambert.. on 08:44 - Oct 22 with 3096 viewsWickets

No maybe you could spill the beans ?
"I don't know many people who speak well about Paul Lambert.. on 08:56 - Oct 22 with 3056 viewsKieran_Knows

Interesting. I've listened to a lot of the Undr the Cosh podcast and they've had 2/3 (ex) players who have played under Lambert and they couldn't speak more highly of him (Holt was definitely one, can't remember the others). Said how he managed to keep the whole group of players happy, even those not making the starting 11 & subs bench.

To be fair, has been a few years since his 'success', so things could obviously have changed a lot in that time!

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

"I don't know many people who speak well about Paul Lambert.. on 09:02 - Oct 22 with 3021 viewshype313

"I don't know many people who speak well about Paul Lambert.. on 08:56 - Oct 22 by Kieran_Knows

Interesting. I've listened to a lot of the Undr the Cosh podcast and they've had 2/3 (ex) players who have played under Lambert and they couldn't speak more highly of him (Holt was definitely one, can't remember the others). Said how he managed to keep the whole group of players happy, even those not making the starting 11 & subs bench.

To be fair, has been a few years since his 'success', so things could obviously have changed a lot in that time!

Thing is you are always going to get positive comments from players at teams that were doing well i.e Norwich and equally you will get negative stories from players at Stoke, Villa etc

So it' s hard to get a fair view without someone being partizan one way or the other.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

"I don't know many people who speak well about Paul Lambert.. on 09:06 - Oct 22 with 3011 viewsitfcjoe

"I don't know many people who speak well about Paul Lambert.. on 09:02 - Oct 22 by hype313

Thing is you are always going to get positive comments from players at teams that were doing well i.e Norwich and equally you will get negative stories from players at Stoke, Villa etc

So it' s hard to get a fair view without someone being partizan one way or the other.

He's not a particularly popular person in 'the game' from what I gather, very ruthless and cold

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

"I don't know many people who speak well about Paul Lambert.. on 09:10 - Oct 22 with 2979 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

"I don't know many people who speak well about Paul Lambert.. on 09:02 - Oct 22 by hype313

Even someone like Gabby Agbohglahor speaks quite well of him, and has spoken about the thankless task he was given at Villa under Randy Lerner.

Where as if you speak to someone like Affelay, or Jese at Stoke it would swing the other way because of their fallings out.

You will rarely get a manager who is spoken highly of by everybody.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

"I don't know many people who speak well about Paul Lambert.. on 09:14 - Oct 22 with 2951 viewsHerbivore

"I don't know many people who speak well about Paul Lambert.. on 09:06 - Oct 22 by itfcjoe

He's not a particularly popular person in 'the game' from what I gather, very ruthless and cold

I think that's pretty evident from the way he left Norwich and then sued them. I mean, we found it funny because it's Norwich, but it isn't the best way to behave. I've always got the impression that for all the nice words, Lambert is 100% in it for Lambert. That's how he leveraged a new contract, by making eyes at one of our rivals.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

"I don't know many people who speak well about Paul Lambert.. on 09:15 - Oct 22 with 2955 viewsKieran_Knows

Oh of course.

Put it this way, I know he ruffled a few feathers here over the summer which didn't go down well either.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

"I don't know many people who speak well about Paul Lambert.. on 09:16 - Oct 22 with 2923 viewsBluefish

"I don't know many people who speak well about Paul Lambert.. on 09:06 - Oct 22 by itfcjoe

He definitely comes across as a self centred prickly bore but I wouldn't care about that if he could manage a football team well. Obviously he can't though

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Login to get fewer ads

"I don't know many people who speak well about Paul Lambert.. on 09:18 - Oct 22 with 2945 viewsMatt_Netherlands

I heard it live and was a bit confused as he quickly went on to say “he was honest, what a guy he is” - just listened again and he’s certainly not talking about lambert in that regard! Is there any senior players here who would argue they’ve been frozen out by Lambert? Spence is the only one I can think of at the end of the 18/19 season
"I don't know many people who speak well about Paul Lambert.. on 09:28 - Oct 22 with 2876 viewstextbackup

"I don't know many people who speak well about Paul Lambert.. on 09:10 - Oct 22 by TheTrueBlue1878

Even someone like Gabby Agbohglahor speaks quite well of him, and has spoken about the thankless task he was given at Villa under Randy Lerner.

Where as if you speak to someone like Affelay, or Jese at Stoke it would swing the other way because of their fallings out.

you'll rarely get anyone in any walk of life that is spoken highly of by everybody.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

"I don't know many people who speak well about Paul Lambert.. on 09:29 - Oct 22 with 2848 viewsBluefish

"I don't know many people who speak well about Paul Lambert.. on 09:18 - Oct 22 by Matt_Netherlands

I heard it live and was a bit confused as he quickly went on to say “he was honest, what a guy he is” - just listened again and he’s certainly not talking about lambert in that regard! Is there any senior players here who would argue they’ve been frozen out by Lambert? Spence is the only one I can think of at the end of the 18/19 season

Donacien
Harrison
Knudsen
Kenlock

Probably would all say that

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

"I don't know many people who speak well about Paul Lambert.. on 09:35 - Oct 22 with 2843 viewsRadlett_blue

"I don't know many people who speak well about Paul Lambert.. on 09:10 - Oct 22 by TheTrueBlue1878

Managers will always fancy certain players, while others aren't for them & that will naturally cloud a player's opinion.
Both Mick McCarthy & Joe Royle always seemed to be respected by players, probably because they were pretty straight with them.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

"I don't know many people who speak well about Paul Lambert.. on 09:38 - Oct 22 with 2824 viewsGhostOfBenters

"I don't know many people who speak well about Paul Lambert.. on 09:28 - Oct 22 by textbackup

you'll rarely get anyone in any walk of life that is spoken highly of by everybody.

Indeed, particularly people who manage people. You have to have a certain amount of toughness or you won't get any respect. Every manager in every walk of life will have people who love the way they do things and others who hate it. That's just human nature.

Bit of a non-story IMO.
"I don't know many people who speak well about Paul Lambert.. on 09:38 - Oct 22 with 2813 viewsWallingford_Boy

"I don't know many people who speak well about Paul Lambert.. on 09:28 - Oct 22 by textbackup

Phillip Schofield?

RIP Sir Bobby

"I don't know many people who speak well about Paul Lambert.. on 09:40 - Oct 22 with 2820 viewsgordon

"I don't know many people who speak well about Paul Lambert.. on 09:16 - Oct 22 by Bluefish

He definitely comes across as a self centred prickly bore but I wouldn't care about that if he could manage a football team well. Obviously he can't though

Self centred prickly bore must be Evans number one criteria when recruiting managers, apart from Jewell for some reason, who was more the affable incompetent type.
(No subject) on 09:45 - Oct 22 with 2788 viewsGhostOfBenters

"I don't know many people who speak well about Paul Lambert.. on 09:14 - Oct 22 by Herbivore

I think that's pretty evident from the way he left Norwich and then sued them. I mean, we found it funny because it's Norwich, but it isn't the best way to behave. I've always got the impression that for all the nice words, Lambert is 100% in it for Lambert. That's how he leveraged a new contract, by making eyes at one of our rivals.

"but it isn't the best way to behave"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/20834802

"Norwich City will pay Paul Lambert the bonus he was entitled to after completion of the 2011-12 season"
[Post edited 22 Oct 2020 9:45]
"I don't know many people who speak well about Paul Lambert.. on 09:46 - Oct 22 with 2781 viewsgiant_stow

"I don't know many people who speak well about Paul Lambert.. on 09:38 - Oct 22 by Wallingford_Boy

Phillip Schofield?

david attenborough?

Jurgen Klopp?

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

"I don't know many people who speak well about Paul Lambert.. on 09:50 - Oct 22 with 2757 viewsHerbivore

"I don't know many people who speak well about Paul Lambert.. on 09:29 - Oct 22 by Bluefish

Donacien
Harrison
Knudsen
Kenlock

Probably would all say that

Dobra might have a view on it as well. He was on the bench a fair bit last season but seems to have been cold shouldered this season.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

(No subject) on 09:55 - Oct 22 with 2745 viewsGhostOfBenters

(No subject) on 09:45 - Oct 22 by GhostOfBenters

"but it isn't the best way to behave"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/20834802

"Norwich City will pay Paul Lambert the bonus he was entitled to after completion of the 2011-12 season"
[Post edited 22 Oct 2020 9:45]

A down arrow for stating facts rather than opinion...
"I don't know many people who speak well about Paul Lambert.. on 09:58 - Oct 22 with 2729 viewsBloomBlue

Totally agree

I'm sure you'll find players/people who never spoke well of Sir Alf or Sir Bob, I know one x-player who's highest praise of Burley is 'an absolute moron, worse man-manager ever', the other words he uses about him are prohibited on this board.

In life I find those who have been part of a team normally speak highly of a Manager and those who never got picked for whatever reason (often their own) never speak highly
"I don't know many people who speak well about Paul Lambert.. on 10:36 - Oct 22 with 2651 viewsFixed_It

Speak for yourself...

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

"I don't know many people who speak well about Paul Lambert.. on 10:41 - Oct 22 with 2629 viewshype313

I don't know that as I don't have first hand knowledge, which I'm sure you have, to be honest if he is ruthless and cold but manages a winning team getting promotion, then what's he's like doesn't overly bother me.

If he is like that, whilst not getting results (which he hasn't done in the main) then that's when you need to question his approach, it's clear to me he isn't someone who looks like they enjoy their job, or certainly hasn't since his Norwich days, which is the bigger concern.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

There have been/are a number of issues..... on 10:47 - Oct 22 with 2595 viewsBloots

.....going on behind the scenes that simply do not help with maintaining a "happy camp"

Some are basic, relatively minor things, but some are totally ludicrous.

So ludicrous that they are difficult to believe.

It will all come out in time I expect.

Lambert out.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

"I don't know many people who speak well about Paul Lambert.. on 10:49 - Oct 22 with 2591 viewsX0Y0

I’ve heard the same, he’s basically not a ‘people person’ and low on EQ. That extends beyond just the players to the broader coaching staff and club personnel, sometimes just through lack of interest and attention to them as human beings. That’s completely in contrast to the stories you hear of Alex Ferguson, who could dish out tough love but took a real interest in everyone.

I know some people who were in the staff at Wycombe when Paul Lambert was there. Despite taking them to league cup semis, including some premier league upsets, and reaching play off semis, apparently he was despised around the club. They were happy to see the back of him. “Nasty” was the overriding comment.
"I don't know many people who speak well about Paul Lambert.. on 11:03 - Oct 22 with 2547 viewstomo

"I don't know many people who speak well about Paul Lambert.. on 09:46 - Oct 22 by giant_stow

david attenborough?

Jurgen Klopp?

Mick McCar......na not worth it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024