Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
in whose imagination or on which planet is Phil Jones worth £20M 09:24 - Oct 22 with 951 viewsitfcpaul

Apart from planet Manchester United of course..

Poll: Who would you want as Ipswich manager in November. there aren't many candidates

in whose imagination or on which planet is Phil Jones worth £20M on 09:31 - Oct 22 with 925 viewsBlueyandCrazy

Weren’t you aware that anyone who has made even a handful of games for Manure is automatically worth several million.

Time and time again Manure mug off teams on this basis, including Itfc for Lee Martin

Poll: Worst ever ITFC manager

in whose imagination or on which planet is Phil Jones worth £20M on 09:45 - Oct 22 with 896 viewsrickw

In their defence the other defenders who have failed there recently like Johnny Evans, Daley Blind and Chris Smalling have all had a lot of success since leaving, and people forget Jones has 27 England caps and is still only 28 and for a price less than Ben Godfrey!

A fair deal would be to give him away but get appearance based bonuses and a sell on clause

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

in whose imagination or on which planet is Phil Jones worth £20M on 14:10 - Oct 22 with 806 viewsJ2BLUE

£20m is a nominal fee in the Prem these days.

He's under contract until 2023 so might just want enough of a fee to settle his contract.

I think teams could do worse than sign him...

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

in whose imagination or on which planet is Phil Jones worth £20M on 15:59 - Oct 22 with 749 viewsRobTheMonk

I raise you Kepa at £72m. Chelsea got royally done there.

Kepa and Pickford nearly cost £100m between them...
in whose imagination or on which planet is Phil Jones worth £20M on 16:21 - Oct 22 with 716 viewsPrideOfTheEast

in whose imagination or on which planet is Phil Jones worth £20M on 14:10 - Oct 22 by J2BLUE

£20m is a nominal fee in the Prem these days.

He's under contract until 2023 so might just want enough of a fee to settle his contract.

I think teams could do worse than sign him...

Would say that's reasonable price in the context of football in 2020? He's a decent player.
in whose imagination or on which planet is Phil Jones worth £20M on 17:30 - Oct 22 with 666 viewsSuperblue95

in whose imagination or on which planet is Phil Jones worth £20M on 09:31 - Oct 22 by BlueyandCrazy

Weren’t you aware that anyone who has made even a handful of games for Manure is automatically worth several million.

Time and time again Manure mug off teams on this basis, including Itfc for Lee Martin

Of the big clubs I’d say Man Utd are generally the worst are getting big fees for their players. They sold Van Persie for less than we sold Murphy for despite them being about the same age. They sold decent squad players like O Shea, Brown and Park for a pittance (I know I’m going back a few years but still)

I can’t think of many times they’ve really ripped a club off for a player, that’s usually done to them instead.

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

in whose imagination or on which planet is Phil Jones worth £20M on 17:31 - Oct 22 with 662 viewsJ2BLUE

in whose imagination or on which planet is Phil Jones worth £20M on 17:30 - Oct 22 by Superblue95

Of the big clubs I’d say Man Utd are generally the worst are getting big fees for their players. They sold Van Persie for less than we sold Murphy for despite them being about the same age. They sold decent squad players like O Shea, Brown and Park for a pittance (I know I’m going back a few years but still)

I can’t think of many times they’ve really ripped a club off for a player, that’s usually done to them instead.

Lee Martin!

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

in whose imagination or on which planet is Phil Jones worth £20M on 17:34 - Oct 22 with 655 viewsSuperblue95

in whose imagination or on which planet is Phil Jones worth £20M on 17:31 - Oct 22 by J2BLUE

Lee Martin!

Fair point!

Although to be fair he had played a few games for them from memory so I can understand us taking the punt. And he wasn’t THAT expensive. A Liverpool or Chelsea would have likely charged us double.

Edit: I doubt we’d have afforded double what we paid, so I guess that would have been a good thing
[Post edited 22 Oct 2020 17:35]

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Login to get fewer ads

in whose imagination or on which planet is Phil Jones worth £20M on 17:39 - Oct 22 with 644 viewsDanTheMan

in whose imagination or on which planet is Phil Jones worth £20M on 17:31 - Oct 22 by J2BLUE

Lee Martin!

From memory, he would have been free but they extended his contract because we were interested too.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

in whose imagination or on which planet is Phil Jones worth £20M on 18:26 - Oct 22 with 609 viewsIpswichBoyBlue

You my friend are out of touch. £20M for a 28 year old England international isn't expensive these days. If we were a premier league club, that is exactly what we would have to pay for a bog standard player. Not just Man Utd, but every club.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024