Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leave Toto alone 12:40 - Oct 22 with 2871 viewsHarvester415

Im not denying that Toto had a bad game Tuesday but he's been brilliant all season and everybody is bound to have an off day, the fans need to stick with him as he's very much a confidence player and with confidence he's one of the best defenders in the league.
Leave Toto alone on 12:43 - Oct 22 with 2618 viewsHerbivore

Not sure I've seen much slating of him on here. Most have acknowledged that he's been good this season prior to Tuesday. Tuesday was calamitous though, there's no escaping that.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Leave Toto alone on 12:46 - Oct 22 with 2605 viewsCoco

No he is awful. Nice guy sure but not good enough.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Leave Toto alone on 12:51 - Oct 22 with 2593 viewsHerbivore

Leave Toto alone on 12:46 - Oct 22 by Coco

I think that's a bit harsh. The problem with Toto is that he can be very decent 90% of the time but then that 10% where he's not he becomes a complete liability. Sometimes that will be his ratio within one game, other times he saves it up for one performance like the one on Tuesday.

It's frustrating as he's got all the attributes to be a quality centre back but until he can eradicate that 10% of the time where he's actively detrimental to the team through his performance then it's hard to justify playing him week in and week out.

It does seem like once he makes a small mistake he sometimes goes on to compound it with much bigger ones, once things start to go wrong he struggles to get back on track.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Leave Toto alone on 12:57 - Oct 22 with 2577 viewsCoco

Leave Toto alone on 12:51 - Oct 22 by Herbivore

I think that's a bit harsh. The problem with Toto is that he can be very decent 90% of the time but then that 10% where he's not he becomes a complete liability. Sometimes that will be his ratio within one game, other times he saves it up for one performance like the one on Tuesday.

It's frustrating as he's got all the attributes to be a quality centre back but until he can eradicate that 10% of the time where he's actively detrimental to the team through his performance then it's hard to justify playing him week in and week out.

It does seem like once he makes a small mistake he sometimes goes on to compound it with much bigger ones, once things start to go wrong he struggles to get back on track.

He may look decent in a side where he just has to do the basics of heading, blocking and clearing but nothing more. Certainly not to calmly play out from defence.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Leave Toto alone on 13:01 - Oct 22 with 2563 viewshype313

Leave Toto alone on 12:46 - Oct 22 by Coco

He's clearly not awful, conceding 2 goals in 5 games says otherwise.

He had a poor game the other night, but worse than anyone else, huge overeaction here.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Leave Toto alone on 13:05 - Oct 22 with 2553 viewsCoco

Leave Toto alone on 13:01 - Oct 22 by hype313

He's clearly not awful, conceding 2 goals in 5 games says otherwise.

He had a poor game the other night, but worse than anyone else, huge overeaction here.

This is not a reaction to a few games. It's my opinion he is not very good. Simple as that. He will do a job for a 3rd tier side but not for one aspiring to be more.

Nice guy yadayada but if i was made boss my first job would be to clear our players such as him.

Leave Toto alone on 13:08 - Oct 22 with 2540 viewshype313

Leave Toto alone on 13:05 - Oct 22 by Coco

This is not a reaction to a few games. It's my opinion he is not very good. Simple as that. He will do a job for a 3rd tier side but not for one aspiring to be more.

Nice guy yadayada but if i was made boss my first job would be to clear our players such as him.

Ok.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Leave Toto alone on 13:09 - Oct 22 with 2538 viewsHarvester415

Leave Toto alone on 12:57 - Oct 22 by Coco

He may look decent in a side where he just has to do the basics of heading, blocking and clearing but nothing more. Certainly not to calmly play out from defence.

he's looked decent on the ball in fairness. some of his long passing has been top notch.
Login to get fewer ads

Leave Toto alone on 13:18 - Oct 22 with 2507 viewsIllinoisblue

Brilliant is stretching it a bit.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Leave Toto alone on 13:19 - Oct 22 with 2501 viewsSWGF

"brilliant all season"
"with confidence he's one of the best defenders in the league"

Steady on

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Leave Toto alone on 13:29 - Oct 22 with 2489 viewsHarvester415

Leave Toto alone on 13:19 - Oct 22 by SWGF

"brilliant all season"
"with confidence he's one of the best defenders in the league"

Steady on

I've watched every game this season bar Blackpool and he's not put a foot wrong, there's a reason we had only conceded twice before Tuesday and its not down to luck. He's been an integral part of the defense.
Leave Toto alone on 13:46 - Oct 22 with 2454 viewsSwansea_Blue

Leave Toto alone on 13:29 - Oct 22 by Harvester415

I've watched every game this season bar Blackpool and he's not put a foot wrong, there's a reason we had only conceded twice before Tuesday and its not down to luck. He's been an integral part of the defense.

He has indeed been excellent all season up til the last game. Doncaster came at us with pace and in numbers though, the first side to do so. I think Stokie pointed out that it's the first team to turn our defence around and get in behind them. Toto's not good in those circumstances, he seems much more comfortable (a top class in this league) as a traditional stopper with everything in front of him.

One thing's for sure though. He'll perform better if he's supported rather than people getting on his back.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Leave Toto alone on 14:17 - Oct 22 with 2414 viewsclive_baker

He's another one for me who's perhaps a victim of being asked to be someone / something he isn't. He's always struck me as a head it, block it, kick it type who could be a pretty unspectacular but half decent defender at this level, but is suddenly expected to be a Rolls Royce. While perhaps not square pegs in round holes by way of positions, I think we have a few in this system and style of playing. 4 of our back 5 on Tuesday were IMO among the worst footballers we have in our squad, technically speaking. Yet we're intent on them having lots of the ball, and then wonder why we make mistakes when put under pressure. It's one thing on a training ground, or against weaker opposition who we can take a game to, but it's another thing altogether against the better sides in the division.

I'm not averse to the style, and 1 defeat doesn't warrant throwing weeks of preparation out of the window and starting again. I do think it's a little ominous that the first decent side we played tore us a new one for 45 minutes. That's not to say we can't and won't recover from that, but we will need to be competitive against the better teams in this league which I think we're more than capable of, with the right personnel. If we're going to stick with the Holy, Kenlock, Wilson and Nsiala's then we perhaps need a more pragmatic approach.

I've not seen much of Cornell to comment, but he could be an option to come in, and the sooner we can get the likes of Ward, Woolfenden, Bishop, Downes, Hawkins etc back in the side the better.
[Post edited 22 Oct 2020 14:19]

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Leave Toto alone on 14:25 - Oct 22 with 2391 viewsBlueBadger

He's probably, at best, a competent to above average League One centre half. If we achieve promotion despite Lambert, we probably shouldn't be looking to have him as a first choice centre half but there's not really any good reason to drop him right now, given his form this season so far.
[Post edited 22 Oct 2020 15:11]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Leave Toto alone on 14:26 - Oct 22 with 2377 viewsKropotkin123

"Leave Toto alone"???

This is a message board designed for people to give their opinions. They are not directly going up to him or @'ing him on Twitter. No one is being horrible, even if you believe their opinion is wrong or unjust.

If Toto is on here, looking for messages about himself then, then, aside from it being weird, it is his prerogative and his responsibility for any emotional hurt he incurs.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Leave Toto alone on 14:31 - Oct 22 with 2365 viewsjeera

Leave Toto alone on 14:26 - Oct 22 by Kropotkin123

"Leave Toto alone"???

This is a message board designed for people to give their opinions. They are not directly going up to him or @'ing him on Twitter. No one is being horrible, even if you believe their opinion is wrong or unjust.

If Toto is on here, looking for messages about himself then, then, aside from it being weird, it is his prerogative and his responsibility for any emotional hurt he incurs.

Meanie.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Leave Toto alone on 14:31 - Oct 22 with 2367 viewsclive_baker

Leave Toto alone on 14:26 - Oct 22 by Kropotkin123

"Leave Toto alone"???

I think the OP was probably referencing the twonks who quite literally are messaging Toto abuse directly on social media. Not sure if any of them post on here or are likely to see it, but I would imagine that's what was meant and would have to agree with the sentiment.
[Post edited 22 Oct 2020 14:32]

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Leave Toto alone on 14:34 - Oct 22 with 2354 viewsOldsmoker

Just imagine there is no social media and all these trolls had to tell Toto what they thought of him to his face.
I wonder how many would have the balls.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Leave Toto alone on 14:35 - Oct 22 with 2349 viewsBlueBadger

Leave Toto alone on 14:31 - Oct 22 by clive_baker

I think the OP was probably referencing the twonks who quite literally are messaging Toto abuse directly on social media. Not sure if any of them post on here or are likely to see it, but I would imagine that's what was meant and would have to agree with the sentiment.

I wonder what it is about Congolese Toto that makes these divs do this?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Leave Toto alone on 06:44 - Oct 23 with 2154 viewsVaughan8

He has improved from last year but that was hardly difficult.

His game against lincoln in the FA Cup i think it was, was the worse performance from a town player i have seen live.

Unfortunately he isnt good enough to get us promoted i dont think. He definitely doesnt fit our "pass out from the back" strategy but isnt the only one.

As people say, hes a confidence player which means he could get worse again very quickly. Tueaday he qas back to his last year form.

If people are abusing him on social media then thst is pathetic. Not sure why people just use it as a platform to be horrible. Must have sad little lives.
Leave Toto alone on 06:49 - Oct 23 with 2149 viewsVaughan8

Leave Toto alone on 13:05 - Oct 22 by Coco

Agree with you.

People are going way over the top with Nsiala this season. We have let in so few goals mainly due to teams gutless attacks and missing chances, not our defence being particluarly good.

Take the wigan game, probably should have been 2-0 do2n at half time......

Wilson and Nsiala at the back won't get us promoted.

The OP saying hes one of the best defendrrs in the league is a joke.
Leave Toto alone on 09:27 - Oct 23 with 2075 viewsKropotkin123

Leave Toto alone on 14:31 - Oct 22 by clive_baker

Bit random to take issue with us here over those on social media. Might be more effective confronting those on social media or reframing it as a complaint about people on social media
[Post edited 23 Oct 2020 9:28]

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Leave Toto alone on 09:58 - Oct 23 with 2051 viewsjeera

Leave Toto alone on 09:27 - Oct 23 by Kropotkin123

Bit random to take issue with us here over those on social media. Might be more effective confronting those on social media or reframing it as a complaint about people on social media
[Post edited 23 Oct 2020 9:28]

Well quite, or at least point us in the right direction so we know who he means.

Otherwise it comes across as accusatory.

He has received praise so far this season. Until this week anyway.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Leave Toto alone on 10:07 - Oct 23 with 2041 viewsJohnWarksTash

Leave Toto alone on 13:46 - Oct 22 by Swansea_Blue

He has indeed been excellent all season up til the last game. Doncaster came at us with pace and in numbers though, the first side to do so. I think Stokie pointed out that it's the first team to turn our defence around and get in behind them. Toto's not good in those circumstances, he seems much more comfortable (a top class in this league) as a traditional stopper with everything in front of him.

One thing's for sure though. He'll perform better if he's supported rather than people getting on his back.

He has shown he is perfectly capable at this level...in fact I would go so far as to say he's bailed out Wilson a number of times and maybe shouldn't be the scapegoat for one poor Town performance (the whole team was frankly cr*p)
Leave Toto alone on 10:19 - Oct 23 with 2025 viewsitfcjoe

Leave Toto alone on 14:17 - Oct 22 by clive_baker

He's another one for me who's perhaps a victim of being asked to be someone / something he isn't. He's always struck me as a head it, block it, kick it type who could be a pretty unspectacular but half decent defender at this level, but is suddenly expected to be a Rolls Royce. While perhaps not square pegs in round holes by way of positions, I think we have a few in this system and style of playing. 4 of our back 5 on Tuesday were IMO among the worst footballers we have in our squad, technically speaking. Yet we're intent on them having lots of the ball, and then wonder why we make mistakes when put under pressure. It's one thing on a training ground, or against weaker opposition who we can take a game to, but it's another thing altogether against the better sides in the division.

I'm not averse to the style, and 1 defeat doesn't warrant throwing weeks of preparation out of the window and starting again. I do think it's a little ominous that the first decent side we played tore us a new one for 45 minutes. That's not to say we can't and won't recover from that, but we will need to be competitive against the better teams in this league which I think we're more than capable of, with the right personnel. If we're going to stick with the Holy, Kenlock, Wilson and Nsiala's then we perhaps need a more pragmatic approach.

I've not seen much of Cornell to comment, but he could be an option to come in, and the sooner we can get the likes of Ward, Woolfenden, Bishop, Downes, Hawkins etc back in the side the better.
[Post edited 22 Oct 2020 14:19]

I ws reading something the other day saying how CB has become the toughest position in football now, because you have to have so many strings to your bow to be a top one - the quality on the ball of a midfielder coupled with the ability to defend and the physicality to allow you to do it.

I think we will create a lot more playing this way, and have done so already - but their will be the odd heavy defeat were everything goes wrong. It's how we react that it is key.

I think we are relatively pragmatic playing out from the back, and it is about decision making - if Holy puts his foot through the ball that Dozz lays into him then no-one going to ball him out for it, if he does that every time he receives the ball then he won't play.

FWIW - Cornell looks a lot more comfortable on the ball, happy to clip balls out to full backs etc.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024