Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is there a nice park, preferrably with a cafe in Bury St edmunds? 15:38 - Oct 22 with 1581 viewsgiant_stow

Might be doing an outside covid-safe meetup there as a half way point between London and Norwich.

Ta in advance.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Is there a nice park, preferrably with a cafe in Bury St edmunds? on 15:42 - Oct 22 with 1171 viewsipswich78

Nice park? Check out Abbey Gardens, it's lovely. Lots of Cafes nearby for take out.

Or, you have Nowton Park on the outskirts of town which has parking and a Cafe on-site.

The internet. Giving idiots a voice since 1982.
Poll: The 'Cornetto' Trilogy. Which film is your number one?

Is there a nice park, preferrably with a cafe in Bury St edmunds? on 15:42 - Oct 22 with 1167 viewsCBBlue

Nowton Park or Abbey Gardens spring to mind.

Poll: School on Monday - are you sending in your R, Y1 or Y6 kids?

Is there a nice park, preferrably with a cafe in Bury St edmunds? on 15:43 - Oct 22 with 1165 viewsStokieBlue

Don't forget.

Everywhere you go, always take your tier with you....

Bury is a very nice place to meet up.

SB
[Post edited 22 Oct 2020 15:43]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Is there a nice park, preferrably with a cafe in Bury St edmunds? on 15:43 - Oct 22 with 1163 viewsjeera

Is there a nice park? Ffs.

Look for some old buildings, like really quite old building remains. Like an Abbey. There might be some gardens there.

Loads of places in the street opposite where you can buy as much food and drink as you desire.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Is there a nice park, preferrably with a cafe in Bury St edmunds? on 15:43 - Oct 22 with 1157 viewsCBBlue

Is there a nice park, preferrably with a cafe in Bury St edmunds? on 15:42 - Oct 22 by ipswich78

Nice park? Check out Abbey Gardens, it's lovely. Lots of Cafes nearby for take out.

Or, you have Nowton Park on the outskirts of town which has parking and a Cafe on-site.

Great minds eh?

Also Nowton Park has a good playground if you're taking Ullaa Jnr
[Post edited 22 Oct 2020 15:44]

Poll: School on Monday - are you sending in your R, Y1 or Y6 kids?

Is there a nice park, preferrably with a cafe in Bury St edmunds? on 15:45 - Oct 22 with 1146 viewsgiant_stow

Is there a nice park, preferrably with a cafe in Bury St edmunds? on 15:43 - Oct 22 by CBBlue

Great minds eh?

Also Nowton Park has a good playground if you're taking Ullaa Jnr
[Post edited 22 Oct 2020 15:44]

You're all gems - thanks loads!

Yes, Ullaa jnr and another kid coming so need space to play footy for them and coffee for the two dads.

Ta all

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Is there a nice park, preferrably with a cafe in Bury St edmunds? on 15:46 - Oct 22 with 1148 viewsfactual_blue

If you're a National Trust member there's Ickworth.

Otherwise Abbey Gardens or Nowton.

Or the playing field at Ixworth. Two cafes nearby.
[Post edited 22 Oct 2020 15:47]

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Is there a nice park, preferrably with a cafe in Bury St edmunds? on 15:47 - Oct 22 with 1142 viewsjeera

Is there a nice park, preferrably with a cafe in Bury St edmunds? on 15:45 - Oct 22 by giant_stow

You're all gems - thanks loads!

Yes, Ullaa jnr and another kid coming so need space to play footy for them and coffee for the two dads.

Ta all

Is there a nice park in Bury St Edmunds!??

That's like saying, "I'm in HA9 8BQ tomorrow, I hear there's a football stadium in the area".

Login to get fewer ads

Is there a nice park, preferrably with a cafe in Bury St edmunds? on 15:49 - Oct 22 with 1139 viewsgiant_stow

Is there a nice park, preferrably with a cafe in Bury St edmunds? on 15:43 - Oct 22 by StokieBlue

Don't forget.

Everywhere you go, always take your tier with you....

Bury is a very nice place to meet up.

SB
[Post edited 22 Oct 2020 15:43]

Yeah I only fiund out you take your tier with you yesterday - nice of the govt to be clear there innit!

It's ok though (i think!): we'd be strictly outdoors and no more than 6.

Is there a nice park, preferrably with a cafe in Bury St edmunds? on 15:49 - Oct 22 with 1134 viewsgiant_stow

Is there a nice park, preferrably with a cafe in Bury St edmunds? on 15:47 - Oct 22 by jeera

Is there a nice park in Bury St Edmunds!??

That's like saying, "I'm in HA9 8BQ tomorrow, I hear there's a football stadium in the area".

tee hee - I've only ever been once and that was as teenager!

Is there a nice park, preferrably with a cafe in Bury St edmunds? on 15:56 - Oct 22 with 1114 viewsjeera

Is there a nice park, preferrably with a cafe in Bury St edmunds? on 15:49 - Oct 22 by giant_stow

tee hee - I've only ever been once and that was as teenager!

I do understand the Nowton Park shouts but that does leave you somewhat restricted.

If you head to town and the Abbey the kids can still have a kick about and there is [used to be?] a little putting green there too.

Plus the ruins etc. There is a cafe or 2 on site but directly opposite is Abbeygate Street which will fulfil your needs food and drink wise. The town centre is also only a couple of hundred yards up from there.

Don't park in the town centre or on the Angel Hill, the prices are a rip-off compared to just around the corner at Ram Meadow, (home of Bury Town FC).

Lots of space down there and minutes from the Abbey and the town itself too.

Off Mustow Street, into Cotton Lane.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Angel+Hill,+Bury+Saint+Edmunds/@52.2460992,0.7

Is there a nice park, preferrably with a cafe in Bury St edmunds? on 16:02 - Oct 22 with 1102 viewsgiant_stow

Is there a nice park, preferrably with a cafe in Bury St edmunds? on 15:56 - Oct 22 by jeera

I do understand the Nowton Park shouts but that does leave you somewhat restricted.

If you head to town and the Abbey the kids can still have a kick about and there is [used to be?] a little putting green there too.

Plus the ruins etc. There is a cafe or 2 on site but directly opposite is Abbeygate Street which will fulfil your needs food and drink wise. The town centre is also only a couple of hundred yards up from there.

Don't park in the town centre or on the Angel Hill, the prices are a rip-off compared to just around the corner at Ram Meadow, (home of Bury Town FC).

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Angel+Hill,+Bury+Saint+Edmunds/@52.2460992,0.7

Lovely to have the proper low down - looking forward to having a nnose around - heard a lot of good things about the place from here!

Is there a nice park, preferrably with a cafe in Bury St edmunds? on 16:19 - Oct 22 with 1076 viewsBluefish

Is there a nice park, preferrably with a cafe in Bury St edmunds? on 15:42 - Oct 22 by ipswich78

Not as good without the monkeys though

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Is there a nice park, preferrably with a cafe in Bury St edmunds? on 16:20 - Oct 22 with 1076 viewsjeera

Is there a nice park, preferrably with a cafe in Bury St edmunds? on 16:19 - Oct 22 by Bluefish

Not as good without the monkeys though

Blimey, you remember those days?

It was a mini wildlife park around the top perimeter there.

How weird that seems now.

Is there a nice park, preferrably with a cafe in Bury St edmunds? on 16:38 - Oct 22 with 1042 viewsBluefish

Is there a nice park, preferrably with a cafe in Bury St edmunds? on 16:20 - Oct 22 by jeera

Blimey, you remember those days?

It was a mini wildlife park around the top perimeter there.

How weird that seems now.

Yep loved it

Never the same after that

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Is there a nice park, preferrably with a cafe in Bury St edmunds? on 16:42 - Oct 22 with 1040 viewsclive_baker

As others have said you've got the Abbey Gardens, right in town and a lovely spot. There's a cafe at the Abbey, that you can access from the gardens. It's well set up for Covid and also has the outside space if weather allows for that. Open until the end of October then closes for winter.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Is there a nice park, preferrably with a cafe in Bury St edmunds? on 16:42 - Oct 22 with 1036 viewsjeera

Is there a nice park, preferrably with a cafe in Bury St edmunds? on 16:38 - Oct 22 by Bluefish

Yep loved it

Never the same after that

I used to give the monkeys the end of my ice-cream cone.

Cruel having them in those things in hindsight, along with all the birds there used to be.

But yes, it was a real throwback wasn't it.

Is there a nice park, preferrably with a cafe in Bury St edmunds? on 16:42 - Oct 22 with 1036 viewsfactual_blue

Is there a nice park, preferrably with a cafe in Bury St edmunds? on 16:02 - Oct 22 by giant_stow

Lovely to have the proper low down - looking forward to having a nnose around - heard a lot of good things about the place from here!

I think the putting green in the Abbey Gardens is gone.

As is the world's first internet bench.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_bench

Is there a nice park, preferrably with a cafe in Bury St edmunds? on 16:44 - Oct 22 with 1033 viewsfactual_blue

Is there a nice park, preferrably with a cafe in Bury St edmunds? on 16:42 - Oct 22 by clive_baker

As others have said you've got the Abbey Gardens, right in town and a lovely spot. There's a cafe at the Abbey, that you can access from the gardens. It's well set up for Covid and also has the outside space if weather allows for that. Open until the end of October then closes for winter.

I'm surprised there's little seconding of the Ixworth playing field suggestion.

Is there a nice park, preferrably with a cafe in Bury St edmunds? on 16:45 - Oct 22 with 1025 viewsclive_baker

Is there a nice park, preferrably with a cafe in Bury St edmunds? on 15:56 - Oct 22 by jeera

Should've read this before I replied.

V. good advice from Jeera.

BSE is lovely, certainly one of the jewels in the crown of Suffolk (Gods country of course).

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Is there a nice park, preferrably with a cafe in Bury St edmunds? on 16:46 - Oct 22 with 1022 viewsjeera

Is there a nice park, preferrably with a cafe in Bury St edmunds? on 16:42 - Oct 22 by factual_blue

I think the putting green in the Abbey Gardens is gone.

As is the world's first internet bench.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_bench

The putting green is gone!?

It has been a while mind.

Do say the squirrel is still there though.

Is there a nice park, preferrably with a cafe in Bury St edmunds? on 16:49 - Oct 22 with 1015 viewsfactual_blue

Is there a nice park, preferrably with a cafe in Bury St edmunds? on 16:46 - Oct 22 by jeera

The putting green is gone!?

It has been a while mind.

Do say the squirrel is still there though.

The place is full of very tame squirrels. And the bench made from a USAAF plane is still in the Rose Garden.

Is there a nice park, preferrably with a cafe in Bury St edmunds? on 16:50 - Oct 22 with 1014 viewsfactual_blue

Also the maze at Nowton is closed. And possibly the play area too.

Is there a nice park, preferrably with a cafe in Bury St edmunds? on 16:53 - Oct 22 with 1006 viewsjeera

Is there a nice park, preferrably with a cafe in Bury St edmunds? on 16:49 - Oct 22 by factual_blue

The place is full of very tame squirrels. And the bench made from a USAAF plane is still in the Rose Garden.

No, this was a particular squirrel who used to chase the ball when I was putting as a child.

I'm sure he's fine.

Is there a nice park, preferrably with a cafe in Bury St edmunds? on 16:54 - Oct 22 with 1004 viewsjeera

Is there a nice park, preferrably with a cafe in Bury St edmunds? on 16:50 - Oct 22 by factual_blue

Also the maze at Nowton is closed. And possibly the play area too.

I was going to mention the maze but it's a bit of a walk from the main park if there are littl'uns involved.

You mean it's closed for the season, or covid, or permanent?
[Post edited 22 Oct 2020 16:55]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024