Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So... Saturday’s line up 20:03 - Oct 22 with 780 viewspointofblue

Should Lambert give the XI which started at Doncaster a chance to redeem themselves? We played well until they took the lead and it may dent the confidence of a few, especially those who made errors, if they’re immediately dropped. What if their replacements make mistakes? Do we drop them immediately too?

And yet I feel we possibly have better options on the bench than in the first XI - particularly Woolfenden, Bishop and Hawkins; Bishop should surely return for either Nolan or Huws whilst Hawkins offers us support up front more than Judge does. We also have Bennetts providing pace which we can lack. I also have an issue with a Holy; whilst previous mistakes have not been punished he hasn’t looked certain and Cornell did well against Fulham.

If Lambert sticks with the bulk of the team which started on Tuesday I’d say he brings a poor result on himself but how many changes should we make and who?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

So... Saturday’s line up on 10:16 - Oct 23 with 598 viewsrickw

I would go for:
-------------------Cornell------------------------
Chambers - Wolf --- Wilson ---- Kenlock-
-----------Huws - Bishop- Dozzell-----------
---Lankester------------------------Edwards-
-------------------Hawkins---------------------

However I think Lambert will bring Bishop back in and change 1 of the forward line and stick with the rest as "they've been great apart from Tuesday"

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

So... Saturday’s line up on 10:40 - Oct 23 with 569 viewsChrisd

I'm expecting a couple of changes, but not wholesale ones. It's got to be the right thing to do to give the majority another chance and the opportunity to redeem themselves. However, I like the message that PL is sending out to them too.
[Post edited 23 Oct 2020 10:43]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

So... Saturday’s line up on 10:52 - Oct 23 with 541 viewsThatMuhrenCross

No major changes, but there are a couple of fitness doubts and drops in form. However, this is what I'd go with:

-----------------------------------------HOLY-----------------------------------------

CHAMBERS----------------NSIALA---------WILSON----------------KENLOCK

-----------------DOZZELL------------NOLAN------------BISHOP-----------------

-----------------BENNETTS--------HAWKINS--------EDWARDS----------------

Poll: Ipswich offer you 10k a week, Norwich offer you 20k. Who do you join?
Blog: The Cashless Debate

So... Saturday’s line up on 10:54 - Oct 23 with 541 viewsclive_baker

I would freshen it up, but it depends who is fit. Ideally:

Chambers Woolfenden Wilson Ward
Bishop Dozzell Nolan
Lankester Hawkins Edwards

I've not seen a lot of Cornell but he might be worth a shot if he's better with his feet. Bennetts has looked dangerous and direct off the bench, but again I've not seen a huge amount of him so struggle to justify starting him yet. I think Lankester has been patient and deserves his chance, especially after his contribution off the bench a Bristol Rovers.

I can't see Huws starting after Tuesday.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

So... Saturday’s line up on 11:01 - Oct 23 with 520 viewsWallingford_Boy

So... Saturday’s line up on 10:52 - Oct 23 by ThatMuhrenCross

No major changes, but there are a couple of fitness doubts and drops in form. However, this is what I'd go with:

-----------------------------------------HOLY-----------------------------------------

THIS, but swap Nsiala and Woolfie.

RIP Sir Bobby

So... Saturday’s line up on 11:05 - Oct 23 with 512 viewshype313

I'd go with this too.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

So... Saturday’s line up on 11:27 - Oct 23 with 482 viewsDarth_Koont

I missed the match live and had to watch it later knowing the score already.

To be honest, I was expecting a lot worse, although the individual mistakes that led to goals were very bad. But compared to say the Fulham 4-1 mauling a couple of years back, this was a game which could have gone either way, even if Doncaster definitely shaded it.

They looked decent and organised which when you throw in a few too many mistakes was enough to win. We had our moments to but in a more even game our lack of presence up front that enabled us to keep the ball higher up the pitch meant that we were often pushed deep. And also forced to try to build from deep even when that wasn’t really on.

I don’t know about Hawkins ability to start but I’d bring him in for Judge. For me that would be the big change that might relieve some of the pressure elsewhere.

Then there’s also the discussion of which three in midfield but that’s less clear cut as they’ve all been 80% effective and 20% ineffective this season when they’ve played so twisting or sticking seems much the same, and maybe it comes down to the three with the best current fitness and energy.

I’m loath to change the back 4 but if they need more of a defender then McGuinness for Kenlock makes sense. And if Dozzell is given a rest then maybe a good idea with Woolfenden coming in for Wilson to help with getting us playing.

But compared to getting Hawkins and a physical presence further up the pitch, this is tinkering. Hopefully we’ll start there and keep some continuity and a slower team building process going.

Pronouns: He/Him

So... Saturday’s line up on 11:39 - Oct 23 with 467 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

I think this is about right.

You can't be making wholesale changes after one poor performance, sends out of really bad message.

Obviously subject to fitness/injuries.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024