Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone who thinks there is 1oz of honesty in any of the MPs running this show 22:58 - Oct 22 with 5081 viewsEdmundo

Corruption, pure and simple.
https://bylinetimes.com/2020/10/16/government-procurement-anti-corruption-strate

Poll: Will our competitors in the Championship "find us out" in 2nd half of season
Blog: Blue Sky Thinking

Anyone who thinks there is 1oz of honesty in any of the MPs running this show on 01:59 - Oct 23 with 1864 viewsHARRY10

A good link, as

"However, just last weekend, an alliance of MPs and legal experts raised concerns about the Government’s failure to release £3 billion worth of procurement contracts. The total Government budget for the procurement of personal protective equipment (PPE) during the Coronavirus pandemic is £13.8 billion.

Despite its stated commitment to procurement transparency, the Government is now being taken to court over its failure to release documents into the public domain."
Anyone who thinks there is 1oz of honesty in any of the MPs running this show on 07:50 - Oct 23 with 1795 views26_Paz

People at the time: ‘the lack of PPE is scandalous. We must get PPE to protect our health care heroes as quickly as possible whatever the cost’
Government gets PPE
People now: ‘but you shouldn’t have bought it from them and it shouldn’t have cost that much’

The Paz Man

Anyone who thinks there is 1oz of honesty in any of the MPs running this show on 07:57 - Oct 23 with 1776 viewsDanTheMan

Anyone who thinks there is 1oz of honesty in any of the MPs running this show on 07:50 - Oct 23 by 26_Paz

People at the time: ‘the lack of PPE is scandalous. We must get PPE to protect our health care heroes as quickly as possible whatever the cost’
Government gets PPE
People now: ‘but you shouldn’t have bought it from them and it shouldn’t have cost that much’

Yes, people were definitely saying that we should buying PPE from companies that do digital marketing and pest control firms, with absolutely no accountability and transparency.

Oh look everyone, it's our good friend.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Anyone who thinks there is 1oz of honesty in any of the MPs running this show on 08:05 - Oct 23 with 1747 views26_Paz

Anyone who thinks there is 1oz of honesty in any of the MPs running this show on 07:57 - Oct 23 by DanTheMan

Yes, people were definitely saying that we should buying PPE from companies that do digital marketing and pest control firms, with absolutely no accountability and transparency.

Oh look everyone, it's our good friend.

If they skirted round a few procurement rules to get this stuff quicker then that’s fine by me and would have been fine by everyone at the time ...

The Paz Man

Anyone who thinks there is 1oz of honesty in any of the MPs running this show on 08:17 - Oct 23 with 1731 viewsTractorWood

Anyone who thinks there is 1oz of honesty in any of the MPs running this show on 08:05 - Oct 23 by 26_Paz

If they skirted round a few procurement rules to get this stuff quicker then that’s fine by me and would have been fine by everyone at the time ...

Boris loves skirting round a rule. Remember prorogation?

Also not sure how giving a pest control company £90m can be rationalised in the name of expedience.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Anyone who thinks there is 1oz of honesty in any of the MPs running this show on 08:23 - Oct 23 with 1725 viewsNewcyBlue

Anyone who thinks there is 1oz of honesty in any of the MPs running this show on 07:50 - Oct 23 by 26_Paz

Government gets PPE

You don’t buy PPE from somebody that doesn’t sell PPE as their business model.

You don’t go to Lego and ask them to ship a container for you, why would it be any different for PPE.

Do you not think that handing contracts worth billions to Cummings’ associates and Tory donors is something a bit of a scandal?

I know you’re not this stupid...

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Anyone who thinks there is 1oz of honesty in any of the MPs running this show on 08:26 - Oct 23 with 1715 viewsNewcyBlue

Anyone who thinks there is 1oz of honesty in any of the MPs running this show on 08:05 - Oct 23 by 26_Paz

You do realise that the government bought a load of PPE that had to be scrapped because it didn’t meet the standards don’t you?

You do realise that PPE is the last line of defence for people.

We should have been buying quality from known sources, not sh!te from Cummings’ mate who sells rat poison.

Anyone who thinks there is 1oz of honesty in any of the MPs running this show on 08:27 - Oct 23 with 1709 viewsDarth_Koont

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/sep/10/uk-corrupt-nation-earth-br

Politicians, lobbyists, the City economy everything revolves around, the class system, and on top of that the worst, least trusted media in the OECD.

I’d say we’re worse than Italy, especially as in Italy they talk openly about corruption and their attraction to it.

Pronouns: He/Him

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone who thinks there is 1oz of honesty in any of the MPs running this show on 08:30 - Oct 23 with 1696 views26_Paz

Anyone who thinks there is 1oz of honesty in any of the MPs running this show on 08:26 - Oct 23 by NewcyBlue

You do realise that the government bought a load of PPE that had to be scrapped because it didn’t meet the standards don’t you?

You do realise that PPE is the last line of defence for people.

We should have been buying quality from known sources, not sh!te from Cummings’ mate who sells rat poison.

Those quality known sources didn’t have any to sell at the time ...

The Paz Man

Anyone who thinks there is 1oz of honesty in any of the MPs running this show on 08:31 - Oct 23 with 1695 viewsBlueNomad

Obvious trolling. No-one would seriously hold the views you espouse unless you were actually part of this miserable crew.
Anyone who thinks there is 1oz of honesty in any of the MPs running this show on 08:32 - Oct 23 with 1689 viewsNewcyBlue

Anyone who thinks there is 1oz of honesty in any of the MPs running this show on 08:30 - Oct 23 by 26_Paz

If you went to buy a car, had the money for a BMW, but all the dealership could sell you was a Dacia, for BMW money. Would you still buy the car?

Anyone who thinks there is 1oz of honesty in any of the MPs running this show on 08:35 - Oct 23 with 1676 viewsitfcjoe

Anyone who thinks there is 1oz of honesty in any of the MPs running this show on 08:30 - Oct 23 by 26_Paz

What about the existing businesses who currently supplied the NHS, who couldn't even get on the list and their products tested despite 3 months of chasing as an existing supplier - when they see £200m given to Medpro, who managed to incorporate a company from scratch, get their products certified, get awarded 2 large Government contracts in 6 weeks?

Corruption, cronyism - call it what you want.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Anyone who thinks there is 1oz of honesty in any of the MPs running this show on 08:39 - Oct 23 with 1662 views26_Paz

Anyone who thinks there is 1oz of honesty in any of the MPs running this show on 08:32 - Oct 23 by NewcyBlue

If you went to buy a car, had the money for a BMW, but all the dealership could sell you was a Dacia, for BMW money. Would you still buy the car?

You’ve got to remember what was going on at the time we were desperate for this stuff. Doctors were treating people in bin liners.
So, to use your example, in normal times then no, I wouldn’t buy the Dacia but if I was incredibly desperate for a car because a catastrophe would occur if I didn’t get one immediately then, yes, I would buy the Dacia. Hope that makes sense!

The Paz Man

Anyone who thinks there is 1oz of honesty in any of the MPs running this show on 08:48 - Oct 23 with 1653 viewsDarth_Koont

Anyone who thinks there is 1oz of honesty in any of the MPs running this show on 08:39 - Oct 23 by 26_Paz

You’ve got to remember what was going on at the time we were desperate for this stuff. Doctors were treating people in bin liners.
So, to use your example, in normal times then no, I wouldn’t buy the Dacia but if I was incredibly desperate for a car because a catastrophe would occur if I didn’t get one immediately then, yes, I would buy the Dacia. Hope that makes sense!

Do you really believe that people who know nothing about sourcing PPE can source it quicker (and to the right standard) than people and businesses who do this for a living?

And would you apply that logic to your own work/industry? If not, why not?

Anyone who thinks there is 1oz of honesty in any of the MPs running this show on 08:52 - Oct 23 with 1632 views26_Paz

Anyone who thinks there is 1oz of honesty in any of the MPs running this show on 08:48 - Oct 23 by Darth_Koont

Do you really believe that people who know nothing about sourcing PPE can source it quicker (and to the right standard) than people and businesses who do this for a living?

Those suppliers didn’t have any, they were out of stock. It had to be bought from elsewhere.

The Paz Man

Anyone who thinks there is 1oz of honesty in any of the MPs running this show on 08:53 - Oct 23 with 1633 viewsBlueNomad

Anyone who thinks there is 1oz of honesty in any of the MPs running this show on 08:48 - Oct 23 by Darth_Koont

Paz is getting more ridiculous and extreme by the day. His arguments lack logic and I can only imagine he enjoys trolling. Maybe we should all stop engaging with him.
Anyone who thinks there is 1oz of honesty in any of the MPs running this show on 08:57 - Oct 23 with 1614 views26_Paz

Anyone who thinks there is 1oz of honesty in any of the MPs running this show on 08:53 - Oct 23 by BlueNomad

Paz is getting more ridiculous and extreme by the day. His arguments lack logic and I can only imagine he enjoys trolling. Maybe we should all stop engaging with him.

I love it how anyone who doesn’t follow the group on here is automatically a ‘troll’.
Shutting down all conversation with dissenters to the group think ... how very liberal of you ...

The Paz Man

Anyone who thinks there is 1oz of honesty in any of the MPs running this show on 09:00 - Oct 23 with 1608 viewsDarth_Koont

Anyone who thinks there is 1oz of honesty in any of the MPs running this show on 08:52 - Oct 23 by 26_Paz

Those suppliers didn’t have any, they were out of stock. It had to be bought from elsewhere.

Yes, but suppliers are the ones who do this sourcing every day. Whether they’re resellers, distributors or even make their own they are experts who understand how to source this stuff - and crucially to the right standard.

By your logic, I should have got the Track and Trace contract. Because I could have produced an app that didn’t work in far less time than Serco and my turnaround would have been days.

Anyone who thinks there is 1oz of honesty in any of the MPs running this show on 09:03 - Oct 23 with 1596 views26_Paz

Anyone who thinks there is 1oz of honesty in any of the MPs running this show on 09:00 - Oct 23 by Darth_Koont

Yes, but suppliers are the ones who do this sourcing every day. Whether they’re resellers, distributors or even make their own they are experts who understand how to source this stuff - and crucially to the right standard.

By your logic, I should have got the Track and Trace contract. Because I could have produced an app that didn’t work in far less time than Serco and my turnaround would have been days.

Developing an app is a bit different to be fair ... at the time they just needed something, anything, to provide some protection. Now things have settled down I completely agree that contracts should be placed through proper means with established vendors

The Paz Man

Anyone who thinks there is 1oz of honesty in any of the MPs running this show on 09:09 - Oct 23 with 1559 viewsDarth_Koont

Anyone who thinks there is 1oz of honesty in any of the MPs running this show on 09:03 - Oct 23 by 26_Paz

Developing an app is a bit different to be fair ... at the time they just needed something, anything, to provide some protection. Now things have settled down I completely agree that contracts should be placed through proper means with established vendors

You still haven’t addressed why chucking massive amounts of money at totally inexperienced people and hastily incorporated “businesses” was the quicker route.

Anyone who thinks there is 1oz of honesty in any of the MPs running this show on 09:11 - Oct 23 with 1555 viewsgiant_stow

Anyone who thinks there is 1oz of honesty in any of the MPs running this show on 08:57 - Oct 23 by 26_Paz

I love it how anyone who doesn’t follow the group on here is automatically a ‘troll’.
Shutting down all conversation with dissenters to the group think ... how very liberal of you ...

I agree that that can happen here sometimes, but in this case, your argument isn't logical, as darth just explained. Hence people might wonder if you're just trolling.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Anyone who thinks there is 1oz of honesty in any of the MPs running this show on 09:12 - Oct 23 with 1546 views26_Paz

Anyone who thinks there is 1oz of honesty in any of the MPs running this show on 09:09 - Oct 23 by Darth_Koont

You still haven’t addressed why chucking massive amounts of money at totally inexperienced people and hastily incorporated “businesses” was the quicker route.

I guess it was just desperation at the time. People need to remember the mad rush for PPE around March time. I understand it if it was happening then. If it’s still happening now then that’s a different story.

The Paz Man

Anyone who thinks there is 1oz of honesty in any of the MPs running this show on 09:20 - Oct 23 with 1534 viewsClapham_Junction

Anyone who thinks there is 1oz of honesty in any of the MPs running this show on 09:12 - Oct 23 by 26_Paz

I guess it was just desperation at the time. People need to remember the mad rush for PPE around March time. I understand it if it was happening then. If it’s still happening now then that’s a different story.

The mad rush is not the problem. The fact that many contracts were given to companies that were donors to the party or had other links to them is.
Anyone who thinks there is 1oz of honesty in any of the MPs running this show on 09:22 - Oct 23 with 1523 viewsDarth_Koont

Anyone who thinks there is 1oz of honesty in any of the MPs running this show on 09:12 - Oct 23 by 26_Paz

I can see you won’t accept the glaring problem with your argument.

The desperation was cover to bung money and contracts to friends, donors and the opportunists their ideology demands. Same happened with the ventilator fiasco involving Dyson and JCB, same with giving the Track and Trace contract to Serco with their business model being long-term engagements rather than quick, accurate executions, same as putting Dido Harding in charge of anything to do with the NHS and her husband as the Anti-Corruption czar.

It’s criminal or perhaps would be if the UK wasn’t so corrupt anyway. It’s certainly morally and logically indefensible when it’s resulted in deaths and a draining of public funds.

Anyone who thinks there is 1oz of honesty in any of the MPs running this show on 09:35 - Oct 23 with 1472 views26_Paz

Anyone who thinks there is 1oz of honesty in any of the MPs running this show on 09:22 - Oct 23 by Darth_Koont

I can see you won’t accept the glaring problem with your argument.

The desperation was cover to bung money and contracts to friends, donors and the opportunists their ideology demands. Same happened with the ventilator fiasco involving Dyson and JCB, same with giving the Track and Trace contract to Serco with their business model being long-term engagements rather than quick, accurate executions, same as putting Dido Harding in charge of anything to do with the NHS and her husband as the Anti-Corruption czar.

It’s criminal or perhaps would be if the UK wasn’t so corrupt anyway. It’s certainly morally and logically indefensible when it’s resulted in deaths and a draining of public funds.

If what you have described there is true then it is major criminal behaviour. I look forward to seeing it proven in courts of law

The Paz Man

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024